Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

theflyingorc posted:

Sounds low to me.

We're deep inside the point where him winning means something absolutely insane happened, like a video of Hillary having sex with a collie. And I'm not even sure that would be a guarantee.

The guy in Black Mirror was re-elected IIRC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Cardboard Box A posted:

https://twitter.com/absurdistwords/status/790692034818482176
Racism in America is out, bold, proud and just as vile as it ever was. http://www.theroot.com/articles/news/2016/10/miss-naacp-white-students-put-noose-around-black-students-neck-yanked-backward/

A white friend pointed this out to me, unclear on how to process this. Distressed and aghast. Racism has always been here. Its visible now

Black people aren't surprised because this is status quo. But the genteel post-60s style of racism made it less obvious

Had lots of us twisted too, thinking the worst was over.

But with the rise of the Alt-Right (read: mainstream KKK) fueled by approval on social media, it's just not as taboo to be racist anymore.

Racists feel like this is their time. They've hidden in the dark for too long, hiding and speaking in code. "friend of the family" is back y'all
https://twitter.com/absurdistwords/status/790695260989054980

Pages back, but still relevant.

What gets me is that so many are surprised that racial issues are becoming more open or act like Trump is anything special there. It never once disappeared and likely never will, but so much of white America had the luxury to ignoring and blindly accepting it until Trump and social media echo chambers made them bold enough to drop all pretense of traditional dog whistles for bullhorns.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
http://www.theonion.com/article/teary-eyed-tim-kaine-asks-clinton-if-his-hair-will-54507

More trouble on the campaign trail for Tim Kaine :ohdear:

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

It is amazing how much support Trump has from military personnel considering how disrespectful he's been to them his entire campaign.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Khisanth Magus posted:

It is also worth noting that once you hit that bracket, even though you are technically only taxed on the difference between the writeoff and the amount you are paid, my understanding is that there is a significant filing fee for expats who actually owe money to the US. It was a few years back when I read about it though.

All good to know, thanks for the heads up

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Crows Turn Off posted:

It is amazing how much support Trump has from military personnel considering how disrespectful he's been to them his entire campaign.

He said that he's going to increase funding, that's literally all they care about.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

:allears:

The Onion on the Democrats is like going back to a simpler time before Trump made them irrelevant.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

CascadeBeta posted:

^^^ It's the same way he "read the body language" of those intelligence officers who were supposedly upset with Obama.

What?

Also on another question anyone know whats up with some articles making the claim that the secret service hates Hillary?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

TVs Ian posted:

I wouldn't have insurance at all if it wasn't for ACA, so not a total debacle. My company is too small to offer insurance, my wife's company charges $900+/month for a crappy plan, and we tried to just buy a plan before ACA but couldn't due to pre-existing conditions.

While I would greatly prefer single-payer, or at least a Medicare buy-in for everyone as one of the plans, it's an improvement over the way it was before.

My wife is actually super mad at her mom right now because of this. Her mom is one of those "There is nothing Trump could say or do to change my mind about voting for him" people. Even with her pointing out, "I would probably be totally bedridden and dead in less than 10 years without medical care that Trump and his party want to take away" doesn't change anything.

Countless times I've had to listen to my father in law rail against the Clinton's, Democrats, Obama and how Obamacare ruined everything, completely oblivious to the fact that his daughter, my wife, is not going to be completely hosed wrt insurance coverage should something ever happen to me. The struggle is real.

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

:sax:

theflyingorc posted:

Sounds low to me.

We're deep inside the point where him winning means something absolutely insane happened, like a video of Hillary having sex with a collie. And I'm not even sure that would be a guarantee.

At this point the question is 'how hard will she slam dunk on him' on the way into the office.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

TheBigAristotle posted:

Obamacare is a lovely blowjob to insurance companies. I want it to work, I want single-payer eventually. But I am still waiting on an explanation from the left as to how the ACA isn't a debacle.

As someone put in charge of tracking employee hours at my previous job for the ACA, I can say at the very least it's an additional pain in the rear end for any HR person.

That said, my stock in Paychex is doing great.

Sorry to be a little late to the party, but treat yourself to a huge plate of human poo poo. The only reason my mother is still alive is the ACA. Get bent.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Crows Turn Off posted:

Yeah weird how a culture built around shattering individuality and building blind obedience to your superiors might make people uncritically support a demagogue who is dismissive of them

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Oct 25, 2016

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

“I was pretty good with the body language,” Trump said.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Complaint Compilation posted:

At this point the question is 'how hard will she slam dunk on him' on the way into the office.

nothing will ever shame Trump as much as that New York dinner where he was booed by the people he most wants to hang out with.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Radish posted:

The "Trump is a child" article is a good excuse to repost these:

If these aren't already in an album, I made one

http://imgur.com/a/0ewlg

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

Agrajag posted:

nothing will ever shame Trump as much as that New York dinner where he was booed by the people he most wants to hang out with.

Eh? The Cardinal thing?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Agents are GO! posted:

Sorry to be a little late to the party, but treat yourself to a huge plate of human poo poo. The only reason my mother is still alive is the ACA. Get bent.

The APA can have accomplished good things and still be a debacle. It set precedent for the removal of the most toxic elements of our previous health care system but that doesn't mean it's current operational status quo is teneble

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Crows Turn Off posted:

Actually the polling is even weirder: http://www.militarytimes.com/articles/this-poll-of-the-us-military-has-gary-johnson-tied-with-donald-trump-in-the-race-for-president

quote:

Among the entire military force, Trump leads Johnson 37.6 percent to 36.5 percent, within the study’s 2 percent margin of error. Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton trails as a distant third-place choice, with only 16.3 percent of troops' support.

Green Party candidate Jill Stein received 1.2 percent support while other third-party and write-in options received 3.2 percent.

About 5 percent of respondents indicated they do not plan to vote given the likely choices on the ballot this year.

Perhaps most notably, there is a sharp split between enlisted personnel and the military's officer corps, which directs day-to-day operations and implements policy. Among the officers surveyed, Johnson is the clear choice, commanding support from 38.6 percent of respondents. Clinton actually outpaces Trump in that group, with nearly 28 percent support for the former secretary of State compared to the New York business mogul’s 26 percent.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Eh? The Cardinal thing?

The Al something or other dinner. Yeah, the cardinal thing.

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Here's hoping he'll be the Frederic Weis to her Vince Carter.

"She jumped over his head!"

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Agents are GO! posted:

Did you see my comment about wanting single-payer? I am in favor of a stronger system. Whether or not people who need care are getting it or not doesn't mean the program isn't in the weeds.

So no, I won't eat human poo poo because I think Obamacare needs a lot more help. Can progressives please stop trying to eat their own kind? This is why we never hold on to power. Fortunately conservatives are gorging on themselves, so maybe things will change.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

/pol/ is Arzying hard

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I will admit the ADA

Are you doing a thing here? It's the ACA, or the PPACA, or Obamacare.

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

Agrajag posted:

The Al something or other dinner

Heh, yeah that. I would have rather voted for Bernie in the general election, but somehow it just warms my heart that this tangerine sociopath is getting owned by a girl. :toot:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

WampaLord posted:

Are you doing a thing here? It's the ACA, or the PPACA, or Obamacare.

Honest and complete brainfart

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Does it count as arzying when you are actually losing?

Also LOL at that since what the hell has that guy got to lose if Hillary becomes President? His white male privilege isn't going anywhere at least immediately.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Honest and complete brainfart

Aww, I thought it was gonna be something clever, where you spelled something out with the replaced letters.

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine!

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

Squeegy posted:

/pol/ is Arzying hard

They never say what they afraid of.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Jews.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Squeegy posted:

/pol/ is Arzying hard

If Hillary is in fact the criminal mastermind that she's portrayed as, wouldn't we be safe as gently caress?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

WampaLord posted:

Aww, I thought it was gonna be something clever, where you spelled something out with the replaced letters.

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine!

I can blame the APA one on being a research writing professor.

Not sure why I went with American Dental Association though

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Literal white genocide?

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Radish posted:

Yeah this is just straight up panicking.

They're afraid of Hillary. And everything, probably.

They're obviously a total deplorable but the "I want a sense of security" part just makes me want to go "oh honey" and shush them soothingly as I take them to the therapist's office.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Squeegy posted:

/pol/ is Arzying hard

Imagine how deep down the shithhead rabbit hole you have gone when you angrily defend yourself by saying "I am not a loving jew"

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/790961315170885632

New Monmouth poll of Arizona

Trump: 46%
Clinton: 45%

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

CascadeBeta posted:

If Hillary is in fact the criminal mastermind that she's portrayed as, wouldn't we be safe as gently caress?

Eh...the conservative idea of her is basically Vladimir Putin. The average American would be safe, but anyone who crossed her would be DOOMED

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

They are afraid of change.

They are afraid of The Other.

They are afraid of being left behind by a world they no longer understand.

They are afraid progressives want to gently caress them over with a barb-wire bat the same way they want to gently caress up The Others.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

CascadeBeta posted:

We, her loyal supporters, will be.

They won't. :getin:

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

Kibibit posted:

Here's hoping he'll be the Frederic Weis to her Vince Carter.

"She jumped over his head!"

Okay I didn't know what you were talking about, figured it's a basketball thing so I looked it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMrPjl-927Q

I am not a big b-ball fan but like many Americans I used to play when I was younger. This is the slammingest dunk you have ever loving seen.
:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Radish posted:

Also LOL at that since what the hell has that guy got to lose if Hillary becomes President? His white male privilege isn't going anywhere at least immediately.

He believes that Hillary is going to flood the country with Muslim terrorists in order to kill all white people and redistribute their wealth to black people.

• Locked thread