Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1060 for recommended specs, jeeeesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

fadam posted:

Whelp,guess I'm not playing it until I can afford to upgrade from my 970.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

VolticSurge posted:

Whelp,guess I'm not playing it until I can afford to upgrade from my 970.

That's the exact same card I have. I'm a little surprised Titanfall 2 has such intense requirements. BF1 looks substantially better (IMO) and it has way lower requirements and ran great on my machine even on high settings.

EDIT: Never mind I was looking at an out of date article. Apparently they ask for the exact same card. Maybe I'll pick this up anyway to see what happens.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I'm assuming it'll be at least playable on a 970, I'd be very surprised if it wasn't

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I just reinstalled and played a bunch of TF1 and man this poo poo runs a lot better at 120fps with a 1060. My main problem when the game first came out is that even if the frame rate was high, shooting just felt really loving laggy and stuttery for no reason. There was also quite a lot of people running around with stealth and the smart pistol!

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
I prefer using a controller because I'm a big gay console baby who just built a beast PC. Would I be completely hosed in Titanfall like I would be in something like Battlefield?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
We'll see but EA's been really overstating their requirements for games recently. BF1 is marvelously optimized but the specs they listed caused communal doubletakes around the internet.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

bloodysabbath posted:

I prefer using a controller because I'm a big gay console baby who just built a beast PC. Would I be completely hosed in Titanfall like I would be in something like Battlefield?

Yeah

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
You'd...be at a significant disadvantage, especially for something as fast as Titanfall.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
Yeah trying to wall run with a controller is very very hard, let alone shoot as well

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I'm going to play multi on Thursday night and play single player over the weekend, due to my incredible bloodlust

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Mordja posted:

Jeff Gerstmann mentioned that he liked it a lot in a stream today, couldn't stop thinking about it in fact, and he's a straight shooter.

Gerstman is alright. Also lol at this post:

AdmiralViscen posted:

You guys are sure teaching minorities a lesson about how they should feel about their representation in games by ranting about two year old articles that dare to suggest that there are issues with minority representation in games that have nothing to do with Titanfall 2. This topic can be a safe space from all that, if you let it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

As a proud AT-AT and advocate for the GAWR (giant armored war robot) community I'll post my feelings on how this game handles GAWR issues and if there is any triggering content.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

What is safe space? I though space was where no one could hear you scream. :shrug:

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Oct 25, 2016

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Mordja posted:

Jeff Gerstmann mentioned that he liked it a lot in a stream today, couldn't stop thinking about it in fact, and he's a straight shooter.

Gerstmann's a retard so this is kinda worrisome, isn't he the guy that basically hates video games but loves clickers?

fadam posted:

It's the Source Engine, loving hoooooow?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

It's source in the same way CoD4 is quake3. It says dick. You can yank out the renderer and replace it with something else entirely.

Besides that if you look at min spec and then look at recommended you will notice a 970 is still very close to it. Don't :supaburn: immediately, goons!

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
I got Battlefield 1 from GameStop and the guy told me there's some sort of deal where I preorder Titanfall 2 and I get the game for just $35 since I bought Battlefield so I took him up on it.

Pretty ingenious idea on the part of EA if they rigged that deal since it's gonna keep me from getting CoD!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Knifegrab posted:

Gerstman is alright. Also lol at this post:

yeah gerstman is pretty good, i dont always agree with him but he always seems pretty fair and is a straight shooter.

also no one(except for dumb alt right/pol/ GG jack offs who can go blow themselves) doesn't want minority/women representation in games. they are just sick of lovely click bait sites making it the biggest thing when any game comes so they can feel better about themselves. I sure as gently caress want more representation. i just dont want 20 gently caress articles every other week bitching about how a game(witcher 3) doesn't have this or that and poo poo on the creators because some wannabe culture critic wishes he/she went into actual journalism.

Antoine Silvere posted:

Yeah trying to wall run with a controller is very very hard, let alone shoot as well

really i always found the controller easier.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Oct 25, 2016

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnsiZOJjfUg

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah gerstman is pretty good, i dont always agree with him but he always seems pretty fair and is a straight shooter.

also no one(except for dumb alt right/pol/ GG jack offs who can go blow themselves) doesn't want minority/women representation in games. they are just sick of lovely click bait sites making it the biggest thing when any game comes so they can feel better about themselves. I sure as gently caress want more representation. i just dont want 20 gently caress articles every other week bitching about how a game(witcher 3) doesn't have this or that and poo poo on the creators because some wannabe culture critic wishes he/she went into actual journalism.

Please don't engage the troll. This is a thread for TF not for being baited into discussing whether or not titanfall is representative of the LGBT community.

And in my book, for the record, bro-titans marrying bro-pilots is A-OK with me, if not preferable!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Riding rodeo on a Northstar is an example of rape culture in case you're wondering

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic0lWwZ8Q8U

Blast from the past :shobon:

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

VolticSurge posted:

I guess Slash is concerned that EA might be paying the reviewers off? I dunno. :shrug:

My issue was more "who cares about Titanfall single player?"

I know they added it in because reviewers killed them for it last time, but it was never the point of the game. I know I can discount any of these reviews that spend 2/3 of the time talking about it.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
The SP looks loving rad though. Sure the games main focus is MP but having a cool SP campaign which can put those same mechanics in other cool scenarios is not a bad thing.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Hackan Slash posted:

My issue was more "who cares about Titanfall single player?"

I know they added it in because reviewers killed them for it last time, but it was never the point of the game. I know I can discount any of these reviews that spend 2/3 of the time talking about it.

If it's kicking rad I care because it will be another cool and good thing to do with orbital dropped roberts.

If it turns out bad I won't care because I'll be chilling in the mp anyway.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

AirRaid posted:

The SP looks loving rad though. Sure the games main focus is MP but having a cool SP campaign which can put those same mechanics in other cool scenarios is not a bad thing.

This. I wouldn't buy cod if it didn't have a sp campaign. Battlefield is the only exception to that rule as was tinfall 1.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

fadam posted:

Everyone getting nervous about the PC specs, read this:

https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/news/pc-specs/

quote:

So, what does it mean when we say "minimum" or "recommended"? Since this is a variable standard across the entire industry I think it is important for me to detail the kind of experience you can hope to expect. In the past minimum specs were literally the minimum bar to launch the game - your experience once in the game was probably not going to be ideal. Our goal for minimum PC specs on Titanfall 2 is that you can play at a 1600x900 resolution with most details turned on and average around 60fps. We strongly believe that if you at least match the posted requirements you should have an excellent visual and gameplay experience playing the game, so don’t be alarmed if you boot it up and don’t need to turn all the settings to Low for playable framerates – our artists would actually like if you could see their work! Because of this you will probably be able to actually run the game on a lower-than-minimum spec PC, but the quality and performance won’t quite be ideal. For recommended PC specs we're aiming for details nearly maxed out, 1920x1080 resolution (2560x1440 is also very playable), and again an average of 60fps or higher. We chose the minimum specs with 60fps in mind for the pure gameplay benefits you get once at 60fps (and beyond!).

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Yeah looks like the minimum is really not very minimal, you could run it with less, but they want you to have a solid experience with stable FPS.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
Wait, so is this game not as underwhelming as the beta or have people just accepted that it won't be like the first game?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Everyone getting nervous about the PC specs, read this:

https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/news/pc-specs/

Why such a janky resolution?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

V for Vegans posted:

Wait, so is this game not as underwhelming as the beta or have people just accepted that it won't be like the first game?

Turns out the beta that happened months ago to test the tech was some sort of beta that happened months ago to test the tech...or something...

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

V for Vegans posted:

They've made considerable amount of changes since the Tech Test, taking in pretty much ALL feedback. Recent gameplay clips looks to be really improved and refined than what was essentially a build from Mid-June.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

V for Vegans posted:

Combination of both. I think a lot of the negative reaction to the tech test was people instinctively lashing out at anything different. There are still some holdouts who think 3rd person animations or no Titan shields are dealbreakers, but most people have come to accept the changes. On top of that, the changes made after the first weekend (movement adjustments, titan timers) and the reveals of things missing from the tech test (attrition) have rendered a lot of the original concerns obsolete. Plus all the new stuff revealed since then and the date getting closer and closer have naturally increased the hype levels.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Went to pre-load and see about a VPN unlock but we're on the wrong T-day of the week, gently caress

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Four of the six Titans have shields, though. Just not auto-activating/recharging omni-directional health-bar shields.

That's a good thing.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
I'm still not completely sold on the lack of any regenerating shields on the titans, but I hope I will be proven wrong in a few days.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Again: four of the six titans definitely have shields that regenerate.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I haven't played it, but from what I understand you actually have three healthbars anyway, since you don't actually keep taking damage while in emergency mode. Plus you can still get a shield if you steal a battery.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I'm not really bothered about no shields because hey then maybe people will actually use different titans for different things instead of using literally nothing but the stryder & 40mm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Again: four of the six titans definitely have shields that regenerate.
Are you referring to the vortex shield? Cause that's really not the same as the regenerating shield, especially since a titan in the first game could have both.

Also an animator at Respawn has been making some adorable shorts for Titanfall 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNPnOsIiKsA