Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

top 10 ways the famous fe males should have lived their lives before they ruined them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
This isn't the stupid wrestling fans opinion thread. This isn't that thread at all.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Every thread in every wrestling forum is the stupid wrestling fan opinions thread.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Dave not on observer radio :ohdear:

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

algebra testes posted:

Dave not on observer radio :ohdear:

Wiki says it was his birthday, so hopefully he was just with his family rather than Raw

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

Rodney the Piper posted:

Wiki says it was his birthday, so hopefully he was just with his family rather than Raw

"family emergency" :rolleyes:

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt posted:

The racist dog is in the enclosed pool area.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Do I dare listen to a solo Bryan Alverez radio show?

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

I didn't see the show description before I posted.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I actually liked Bryan's fantasy booking of the List of Jericho

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

triplexpac posted:

I actually liked Bryan's fantasy booking of the List of Jericho

Same here. It'd be a fun story.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

His mom had a stroke.

http://www.f4wonline.com/news/dave-meltzer-update-family-emergency-situation-223346

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

get well soon mama meltz

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Poor Dave. :(

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

quote:

She is the best mother anyone could ever wish to have.
:3:

The update is written in Observer-ese and amazing. If only there was a derail about taking him to Roy Shire shows.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

The update is written in Observer-ese and amazing. If only there was a derail about taking him to Roy Shire shows.

Subtext of his mom being athletic was that she has better abs than Mundo.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

Chris James 2 posted:

get well soon mama meltz

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

"I apologize to everybody even though I realize I don't have to apologize." :3:

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

that's so sad- and on his birthday too :smith:

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

Suplex Liberace posted:

Do I dare listen to a solo Bryan Alverez radio show?

I thought it was OK but the beginning where he talked about that Flow Sports thing was death

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Bryan talking about how can something have too much flour and then im not a chef is the dumbest thing he has ever ever said.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lid posted:

Bryan talking about how can something have too much flour and then im not a chef is the dumbest thing he has ever ever said.

Dumber than claiming that women selling low blows is stupid because it doesn't hurt to get kicked in the cooch?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Gaz-L posted:

Dumber than claiming that women selling low blows is stupid because it doesn't hurt to get kicked in the cooch?

Coincidentally I heard a very old TNA review where a woman was low blowed and not only were the TNA commentators saying it didn't make sense, but so was Vinny who was agreeing with them. It was all very weird.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
I think there needs to be a compilation of Bryan, Dave, and Vinny on women, from the aforementioned low blow ("GIRLS DON'T HAVE BALLS!") to their frequent discussions on intergender wrestling, to Dave's weird asides about women (Zack Ryder and Emma).

Here was the segment they were talking about, btw:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u_etq5iqu8

AMReese fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Oct 26, 2016

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

bryan should get kicked in the butty hole for an entire wrestling observer live episode

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

unrelated to his opinions

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
On the latest Talk is Jericho TJ Perkins claimed he was the final cut for the role of Spike on Little Giants, which is mind blowing for me.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

my grandpa had a severe stroke a few years ago and it completely changed his and the rest of our family's lives as a result. his condition rapidly worsened until his passing last year. i wouldn't wish it on anyone. my thoughts and prayers to dave, his mom and the rest of their loved ones.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Dave posted:

and I know that everyone understands and that there's no need to apologize, but still, I look forward to every show and had a ton of notes planned.

I have this image of Dave sitting excited with his pile of notes ready for the show to start many times a week :unsmith:

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
And then only able to get through half of them because of his love of filler words.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Bryan Alvarez posted:

When they kept talking about The Grand Wizard I kept thinking about Ernie Ladd!

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Lid posted:

It's kind of weird to make it to your 40s without ever doing any baking of any kind, but at the same time Bryan would probably laugh at a baker for not knowing what, let's say, a hammerlock is. Everyone has a bubble.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
"There have been more words written about Montreal than any other angle in wrestling history.....most of which were written by Dave but that's a different story."

:golfclap:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

beggar posted:

On the latest Talk is Jericho TJ Perkins claimed he was the final cut for the role of Spike on Little Giants, which is mind blowing for me.

I doubt this. He would've been 10. And given the size of Perkins now, he would've been no bigger than anyone else.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Bryan not understanding the women's low blow spot is his wife's fault. I vividly remember him talking about how he asked her, and said it wouldn't hurt. Maybe she was messing with him?

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
so Inside the Gate is pretty much done outside of doing one-offs, but I'm now a permanent guest host with Open the Voice Gate so there still will be a place to hear my permanent existential crisis. I did a fun show last weekend talking about about the last Korakuen with Akira Tozawa on the roster: http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2016/10/17/open-voice-gate-episode-10-hot-shingo-shachi-action/

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
With Bryan saying WWE2K17 was better than WWF no mercy I tweeted at him to ask how it stacks up against Mighty Bomb Jack. That, I think, is the true test.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Does anyone subscribe to PWInsider Elite? I'm wondering how good the podcasts are (or aren't).

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

CascadeBeta posted:

With Bryan saying WWE2K17 was better than WWF no mercy I tweeted at him to ask how it stacks up against Mighty Bomb Jack. That, I think, is the true test.

Did they do a show with the 2K dev this year? Those were always good for a laugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

okay here's my entry for this week's B&V Halloween song contest

https://soundcloud.com/luigi30/monstermash

• Locked thread