Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

anime was right posted:

on a side note the 3s online ost is way better than ppl give it credit for because basically all it did wrong was ruin the best song. that said i dunno WHY they remixed the ost when it was so good before.

i think on re-releases a lot of stuff like that is so that game reviewers can't complain that its "just a port"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

ROFLMAO

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Dumb that only player 1 can still only arrange a rematch locally. Player 2 having to give a thumbs up every single time is annoying, at tournament to small locals level. Is it really that hard to just have both players ready up after each match.

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

Finally sfv is playable

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

anime was right posted:

on a side note the 3s online ost is way better than ppl give it credit for because basically all it did wrong was ruin the best song. that said i dunno WHY they remixed the ost when it was so good before.

you could switch between them tho so who cares. Most were pretty good remixes i enjoyed the change of bgm since ive heard the 3s tunes all 15,000 times each

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Seeing the actual image, the censor bar doesn't need to be that long

Seems like modders are enjoying the game at least :shrug:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

a much higher ranked online player got so salty when LTG called him no good (after beating LTG a thousand times) made a 30 minute call out video last week where he analyzes an entire set of matches and shits on him for his "fighting style" of constant jumps in and mashing during opponent combos. then he argues with recordings he made of times whre LTG says crazy things on stream for a while. its kinda funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSDmUK2Zhs0

its not worth watching other than if you're bored making dinner or whatever like i was but its also pretty funny if you like watching LTG get angry

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

There was a fun bit of drama over the summer when LTG was posting on Twitter about how no Smash player will ever beat him in SFV so Smash 4 player ANTi took him up on the challenge and beat him with the ugly Ken outfit. Anyways that's my contribution.

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

Real hurthling! posted:

a much higher ranked online player got so salty when LTG called him no good (after beating LTG a thousand times) made a 30 minute call out video last week where he analyzes an entire set of matches and shits on him for his "fighting style" of constant jumps in and mashing during opponent combos. then he argues with recordings he made of times whre LTG says crazy things on stream for a while. its kinda funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSDmUK2Zhs0

its not worth watching other than if you're bored making dinner or whatever like i was but its also pretty funny if you like watching LTG get angry

SonicSol is a cool dude who makes decent videos. I try to catch his stream when I can.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
I made LowTierGod ragequit with Hugo like week 1 of USF4 that's my story he's bad and dumb.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

LowTierGod is my primary source of humor in FGC. I still love rewatching this classic every now and then.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl-zbNfVcKQ

It's a shame the little man-baby blocked me on Twatter, his feed is always full of stupidity.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

He's such a lovely player

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
He's an even shittier human being.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

isn't LTG the guy that got clowned hard by Viscant a while back?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

hiddenriverninja posted:

isn't LTG the guy that got clowned hard by Viscant a while back?

The very same.

I'm going to repost this again. If you haven't seen it, watch it. It's loving hilarious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl-zbNfVcKQ

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Oct 24, 2016

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Yup, same guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH6dfof5B0Q

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

Jack Trades posted:

LowTierGod is my primary source of humor in FGC.

You have my sympathies.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
"theres no such thing as an option select"

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I'm always impressed by two things from the post-game there:

1) that LTG is such a powerful eternal loser that his magical losing aura transformed a poloshirted post-dunk rant about volunteering at a homeless shelter into gold

2) Alex Valle letting that whole situation redline without getting out of hand

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i'm the dark sad orbits of viscant's eyes

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'm always impressed by two things from the post-game there:

1) that LTG is such a powerful eternal loser that his magical losing aura transformed a poloshirted post-dunk rant about volunteering at a homeless shelter into gold

2) Alex Valle letting that whole situation redline without getting out of hand

Can you spot the instant where Valle realizes these dudes are actually really not-e-sports furious at each other and butts in trying to smooth it over with a nervous chuckle

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
*:stare: I need to prevent a suicide here*

Soooooooo......you weren't as free as a lot of people thought!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

dangerdoom volvo posted:

"theres no such thing as an option select"

Lowtiergod's existence is the result of an option select

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Somewhere in his attic there's a painting of a command grab that deals more and more damage every year

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Dumb that only player 1 can still only arrange a rematch locally. Player 2 having to give a thumbs up every single time is annoying, at tournament to small locals level. Is it really that hard to just have both players ready up after each match.

??????????????? this still isn't fixed? ????????? ? ? ???????????????? ?! ???????!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Pomp posted:

??????????????? this still isn't fixed? ????????? ? ? ???????????????? ?! ???????!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????

Lmao, are you really surprised?

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Pomp posted:

They still haven't made it so the PC version of the game works with the officially licensed controllers. And they probably never will now that Steam is enabling DS4 support on a system level.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Night Blade posted:

Swery got the joke. That's about it.

All those dead franchises...

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I just find ltg too be way too abrasive and retarded to even be a joke.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

ROFL Octopus posted:

I just find ltg too be way too abrasive and retarded to even be a joke.

They tell you that it's wrong to laugh at retards.
Sometimes it's not.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Pomp posted:

My own personal theory is that, after CPT, they'll try to start rolling out updates to fix a lot of stuff, since supposedly they were also going to do big balance changes after then as well?

This is not me trying to apologize for SF5's dumb decisions btw; I could just kind of see the reasoning of doing more heavy work to change the game after CPT since apparently it was a big deal for them and bringing more team members back on for the rebalancing (assuming that they would even bring people back on the dev team, which it's Capcom so who knows).

I mean, you'd think that it wouldn't be that hard, since online already requires checks from both players (would obv work slightly differently), but :shrug:

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Grapplejack posted:

All those dead franchises...

Monster Hunter and Ace Attorney are still going strong

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The new Ace Attorney game is actually really good

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Ventana posted:

A bunch of nonsense

If you are expecting the best at this point you just haven't been paying attention. Why the hell would you give them the benefit of the doubt, what is wrong with your mind?

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Enkmar posted:

If you are expecting the best at this point you just haven't been paying attention. Why the hell would you give them the benefit of the doubt, what is wrong with your mind?

Well I've all but given up on anything for SF5, this is more like "well, aside from this, idk what they can/will do".

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

There almost hasn't been any making GBS threads on SFV for a whole page. That won't do!

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Chun Li's undercover outfit for when she has to bust an international underground prostitution ring

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Ventana posted:

My own personal theory is that, after CPT, they'll try to start rolling out updates to fix a lot of stuff, since supposedly they were also going to do big balance changes after then as well?

This is not me trying to apologize for SF5's dumb decisions btw; I could just kind of see the reasoning of doing more heavy work to change the game after CPT since apparently it was a big deal for them and bringing more team members back on for the rebalancing (assuming that they would even bring people back on the dev team, which it's Capcom so who knows).

I mean, you'd think that it wouldn't be that hard, since online already requires checks from both players (would obv work slightly differently), but :shrug:

Why on earth would you think they're going to fix a game which sold terribly, has basically no continuing support outside of the tournament scene, and has no real possibilities for future return on investment?

I know people poo poo all over the new Killer Instinct, but capcom tried to copy it with SF5 and failed so hilariously that they should be forced to put Eyegor into their game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

in better fighting game news dragon ball xenoverse 2 is out including local vs. shipping with cpu options wow!