Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
"Why's your face all Clown Posse?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Mack is a badass :black101:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

George Steph

Lol

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hey George, this is a weird cameo

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So they've pretty much run out of ghosts at this point?

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Inhumans are really Marvel's mutants.

Edit:MCU I mean

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
This guy rules.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Daisy is so :emo:

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Holy drat, Mace. That's one way to shut down the debate. :shittypop:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Robbie, no

Robbie

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
I appreciate the need for vengeance, but man, the budget (potentially) cutting out the actual act makes me sad...

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I loved the ABC News cross promotion. ABC is *the* news network senators go to when they want to leak some poo poo.

The previous message was brought to you by ABC.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

GLOSS posted:

I appreciate the need for vengeance, but man, the budget (potentially) cutting out the actual act makes me sad...

Thank you so much...

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

YES! I love everyone locking themselves back in the cells.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

All the inmates hurrying back to their cells when they saw ghost rider was great.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Ohhh yeah

Jemma Simmons triumphs

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

I did not see this coming.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm sure Simmons' blackmailing the director will go swimmingly.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Oh shiiiiiit Jeff

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Who's the director suppose to be fake Captain America from the 50s?

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

howe_sam posted:

All the inmates hurrying back to their cells when they saw ghost rider was great.

Best moment in an episode with several great moments.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Is that the Darkhold book.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
For some reason ABC has been dropping a lot of King references.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Hollismason posted:

Who's the director suppose to be fake Captain America from the 50s?

Jeffery Mace in the comics was basically a Captain America fanboy who took on the mantle of The Patriot after WW2.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

spooky like this! posted:

So they've pretty much run out of ghosts at this point?

only main scientist lady ghost is left

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

Mokinokaro posted:

Jeffery Mace in the comics was basically a Captain America fanboy who took on the mantle of The Patriot after WW2.

Actually, he's was The Patriot during WWII (also in the comics at the time). He was one of the guys who was retconned into becoming Captain America after WW2. That's how Marvel got around the whole Cap was frozen during the war but inexplicably still had a comic book going in the 50's punching Red Commie Bastards in the face. This Jeffery Mace pretty much just shares a name with the original character.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

only main scientist lady ghost is left

Also, Uncle Eli did not look all that disturbed by the Darkhold. He looked excited. I suspect he's got a few more secrets.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

AbsolutelySane posted:

Also, Uncle Eli did not look all that disturbed by the Darkhold. He looked excited. I suspect he's got a few more secrets.

It might also just be something the book does. It might enthrall you to make you want to use it once you read it.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

I mean, I'd be pretty excited too if someone handed me a magic book.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Did Simmons imply that Jeffrey Mace's heroic record was fraudulent or something?

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

I think the implication was only that his actions at the bombing in Vienna were staged, but that doesn't necessarily imply he wasn't genuinely a hero before that. Seems more likely that if it were staged "they" would have chosen someone who already had a heroic war record of some kind.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Radio! posted:

I think the implication was only that his actions at the bombing in Vienna were staged, but that doesn't necessarily imply he wasn't genuinely a hero before that. Seems more likely that if it were staged "they" would have chosen someone who already had a heroic war record of some kind.

Yeah, I think that's probably what's going on. All the best lies are at least half true.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Yeah I read it as the Vienna heroism being trumped up to bolster his public status as a part of the SHIELD takeover.

What a great episode. I can't decide if my favorite part was May being totally over literally dying, Daisy kicking Watchdog rear end by herself, or Robbie destroying ghosts with ease. The Darkhold having an ambigram that says Darkhold is just the cheesy comics icing on the cake.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Still liked in the last episode that she's pissed that Radcliffe was the guy who ended up killing her.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The "Blue-skinned killers in Wyoming" line makes me wonder if there's going to be another Kree episode in the future, or maybe the Kree come to Earth in an upcoming movie.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Might just have been a reference to the two kree reapers visiting Hive's private rural-american town last season.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Arist posted:

I totally forgot about the SHIELD shield

Coulson's Swiss Army Hand is loving hilarious. It's one of my fav things.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I'm glad we're down to just one lame ghost. They're really doing their best to keep the over-arching plot opaque this season. It's not clear who the main bad guys are gonna be or what the main conflict will be, other than probably revolving around some conflict between Inhumans and magic powered humans.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

notthegoatseguy posted:

Did Simmons imply that Jeffrey Mace's heroic record was fraudulent or something?

It could also be that he was already an Inhuman with super strength and invulnerability at that point so he was never in danger during the bombing and his actions weren't as heroic as has been made out.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
So if the Watchdogs are recruiting from prison populations, they're literally a more well-funded Aryan Brotherhood now?

Also, senator lady is starting to remind me of Trump's mouthpiece Katrina Pierson. This is not a good thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It could also be that he was already an Inhuman with super strength and invulnerability at that point so he was never in danger during the bombing and his actions weren't as heroic as has been made out.

But everyone already knows he is Inhuman and therefore would not have been in danger because he told them.

• Locked thread