Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Tirux posted:

I don't care about my channel or getting views. I am using twitch to actually see my mistakes and get better.

Anyway this is the first time seeing this type of hacking and I am just asking if this issue is actually common in CS:GO.

Don't put it on the internet then, save it locally. You're going to draw a lot of unwanted attention to yourself by putting it online.

:widowsnypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
You should download your replays after each game so you can move the camera around, see grenade trails, etc

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I just report folks who routinely prefire me, even when holding off angles, but nothing else. Nutty shots through walls/smoke happen all the time. But consistently predicting where I'm playing and not checking/prefiring other poo poo I find really suspect.

I think radar is probably the most common out of everything. Essentially undetectable unless they get super blatant about peeks and never change up. e: words

fennesz fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Oct 26, 2016

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

RyokoTK posted:

loving :laffo: that's a supreme pro-click

It's so awkward. Benger just launches into some bizarrely pathetic tirade after being provoked by a bunch of useless questions. Guy doesn't even remotely insult or bully him? Table talk is one of the only things that makes poker watchable anyway.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Jeza posted:

It's so awkward. Benger just launches into some bizarrely pathetic tirade after being provoked by a bunch of useless questions. Guy doesn't even remotely insult or bully him? Table talk is one of the only things that makes poker watchable anyway.

Kassouf throughout the tournament has generally been a dick, slow rolling and just employing tilt inducing tactics, this is day 7 and the top 9 are guaranteed 1 million.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Photex posted:

Kassouf throughout the tournament has generally been a dick, slow rolling and just employing tilt inducing tactics, this is day 7 and the top 9 are guaranteed 1 million.

I didn't watch the whole thing or anything, but haven't seen him being insulting or slow rolling. He tanks often and won't shut up in a hand, that's about it. Probably gets tiresome to play with, no doubt, but that meltdown from the other guy where he started crying that he needed to check his privilege and stop verbally abusing him when he did no such thing...just lol.

I've seen way worse people at the WSOP who were far more disrespectful and rude. Look at Justin Schwartz from last year. This guy didn't throw fits when he lost hands, stood up and wished everyone good luck and tried to shake their hands :shrug:

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:
Hittin' those big numbers :toot:

fyi I have never played a single match of comp, cept against bots for achievements :c00l:

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Jeza posted:

I didn't watch the whole thing or anything, but haven't seen him being insulting or slow rolling. He tanks often and won't shut up in a hand, that's about it. Probably gets tiresome to play with, no doubt, but that meltdown from the other guy where he started crying that he needed to check his privilege and stop verbally abusing him when he did no such thing...just lol.

I've seen way worse people at the WSOP who were far more disrespectful and rude. Look at Justin Schwartz from last year. This guy didn't throw fits when he lost hands, stood up and wished everyone good luck and tried to shake their hands :shrug:

Example of him being a douche:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f9mTBXjxWk&t=1342s
There is such a thing as speechplay, and it's considered legitimate, but this guy was a constant douche, while taking a very long loving time. If you're going to consume everyone's time, you better learn to be graceful about it. You want 5+ minutes to think, that's fine, but show some common decency and stop spamming garbage banter.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
Guys, honestly, can't be more serious.

Don't fuckin kill chickens.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Tirux posted:

I don't care about my channel or getting views. I am using twitch to actually see my mistakes and get better.

Anyway this is the first time seeing this type of hacking and I am just asking if this issue is actually common in CS:GO.

Cheaters are less common once you get your account enabled with prime at level 21.

VLC player, you will never get stream sniped unless your name is twitch.tv/channel. even then its probably pretty rare

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Dancer posted:

Example of him being a douche:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f9mTBXjxWk&t=1342s
There is such a thing as speechplay, and it's considered legitimate, but this guy was a constant douche, while taking a very long loving time. If you're going to consume everyone's time, you better learn to be graceful about it. You want 5+ minutes to think, that's fine, but show some common decency and stop spamming garbage banter.

Guess I'll shut up about it now but all I see is a guy who combines constantly talking with taking too long. Is he really a douche in that hand though? Doesn't say or do anything disrespectful. Watching poker without people who are lively on the table is dull. From I've seen he doesn't do anything like tanking an all in with Aces pre-flop or the nuts, which I've seen, or getting personal with anybody. Honestly I was flat out impressed by how well he takes getting knocked out a few seats from the Final Table of the ME with Kings.

I'd probably hate to play with him on the table, which is essentially the point of what he's doing, but the meltdown from Benger was really just pathetic, and way worse than anything I saw come from that guy. Screaming about how he's a bad person, a bully, accusing him of verbal abuse. Then screaming and whooping about winning a pretty much inescapable cooler. Beyond childish in comparison. Seriously doubt Benger would have been graceful in defeat if he had been holding the Kings in that spot, or would have wished the guy good luck and shaken his hand.

Jeza fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Oct 26, 2016

surc
Aug 17, 2004

e: Benger shook the british dude's hand at the end, while that other dude refused to, and the commentators note it without disapproving. That tells me more about the british guy's behavior while playing the game than anything else; these guys are professionals, and it looks like nobody really wants to be associated with him.

This is like the Tarik-Dazed drama from a couple months back where Dazed always acts like an rear end in a top hat, and Tarik went overboard responding to one thing he said, but it was because of Dazed's general/ongoing way of acting. Makes sense to me, eventually you just reach a limit with people trying to be dicks and get away with it. Just don't try and be an rear end in a top hat in any capacity and it won't be a problem. :shrug:

----

Slumpy posted:

Guys, honestly, can't be more serious.

Don't fuckin kill chickens.

:hfive:

Also please don't casual-shame, tia. Casual is a lot of fun and is good for having fun, warming up, having fun, and practicing aim against real people who play in a manner more similar to comp than you can get from DM. Also it is fun and good for having fun.

surc fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Oct 26, 2016

stump collector
May 28, 2007
He went off the rails

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Jeza posted:

Guess I'll shut up about it now but all I see is a guy who combines constantly talking with taking too long. Is he really a douche in that hand though? Doesn't say or do anything disrespectful. Watching poker without people who are lively on the table is dull. From I've seen he doesn't do anything like tanking an all in with Aces pre-flop or the nuts, which I've seen, or getting personal with anybody. Honestly I was flat out impressed by how well he takes getting knocked out a few seats from the Final Table of the ME with Kings.

I'd probably hate to play with him on the table, which is essentially the point of what he's doing, but the meltdown from Benger was really just pathetic, and way worse than anything I saw come from that guy. Screaming about how he's a bad person, a bully, accusing him of verbal abuse. Then screaming and whooping about winning a pretty much inescapable cooler. Beyond childish in comparison. Seriously doubt Benger would have been graceful in defeat if he had been holding the Kings in that spot, or would have wished the guy good luck and shaken his hand.

It's douchey because he had a dead hand. Everyone agrees that that should've been an instant fold, yet he took over 5 minutes to do it while saying things nobody cared about.

Of note also that the next day everyone was cheering for Benger, even though they all technically were worse off (their stacks stayed the same while the average went up). And the guy who didn't shake his hand was quite possibly the most cordial and well-mannered guy in the tournament. Nobody looks down on him because of how much of a dick this guy was.

If only this was online like CS, you could mute the guy. But nope, you're stuck listening to him being obnoxious. There's more to sportsmanship than shaking your opponent's hand (and this went way beyond the banter that you could use to figure out your opponent).

stump collector
May 28, 2007
what I learned from that video is that even Lon loving McEachern knows not to repeek

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Poker talk? In MY CS:GO thread? Why, I'd never-!

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
it is a counter-strike analogy

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007
It was a wayyyy out of line tirade by Benger that is only mitigated slightly if you've been watching Kassouf play the entire event.

The problem is two things are being conflated... His "speech play," which does grow tiresome but ultimately is not an issue, and the fact that he takes a drawn out amount of time to make every action. What he's doing is deliberate with the intention of tilting the other players and probably also to see fewer hands than the other tables, which is a disadvantage to the better players at the table. It's super frustrating to everyone because their only recourse currently within the rules is to call the clock on him at every opportunity, but he's still able to waste a ton of time.

The Benger thing was just a culmination of all this pent up frustration. I think it was at least partially also an angle to get Will to come over the top of him (he turned out to have Kings so it was getting all in anyway, but he didn't know that at the time).

I actually don't think the 33 in the hand posted earlier was an automatic fold and the tournament director/rest of the table came out of that hand looking way worse than Will did. But his overall actions definitely did justifiably build up a lot of frustration. When you regularly take 10 seconds to even look at your cards once the action is on you and then take over a minute to fold two offsuit cards under 10, you're a dick.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Valve posted:

A temporary griefing conviction assigned by Overwatch will now be elevated to a permanent conviction if the suspect had a previous temporary griefing conviction.

:roflolmao:

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

How does ESL gently caress up a broadcast this much? Surely they do a dry run before the day of the event to figure out which equipment is broken?

Unironically running this stream audio through my OP1 to put a high pass filter on it to cancel out the incessant beeping

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

New Zealand can eat me posted:

How does ESL gently caress up a broadcast this much?

because brazilian production crew

arfjason please confirm/deny

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

New Zealand can eat me posted:

How does ESL gently caress up a broadcast this much? Surely they do a dry run before the day of the event to figure out which equipment is broken?

Unironically running this stream audio through my OP1 to put a high pass filter on it to cancel out the incessant beeping

The EEEEEEEEEEE combined with the sound of yelling in the background makes for a fun broadcast.

Also, the casters keep losing HDMI signal and can't see what's happening :v:

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Famethrowa posted:

The EEEEEEEEEEE combined with the sound of yelling in the background makes for a fun broadcast.

Also, the casters keep losing HDMI signal and can't see what's happening :v:

My favorite is that when they do replays, it still has the original sound on it, casters and everything. They have to talk over themselves to talk about replays.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

It's funny to see almost every caster talking about DH Vegas on twitter instead. Like they need to know a proper event is coming with real air conditioning and production

:eyepop: I guess they're doing a center stage arrangement, this will actually be really fuckin cool

https://twitter.com/marcwinther/status/791313384113377280

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Machine was sweating too hard so they had n0thing on the desk while he took a shower or something :lol:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

good to see Vegas is opening up to a lot more events, you can thank EVO for bringing in a tons of people.

fart_man_69
May 18, 2009
Choppy low res video and crazy audio levels on this tournament stream, what the gently caress esl

https://clips.twitch.tv/proleaguecsgo/InexpensiveWhalePazPazowitz at least the desk are having fun

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
lol. Faze with the knife TK. It's all falling apart.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

i swear the analyst desk guys have changed shirts 3 times already today, looks like the real winners are vp, navi and fnatic.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Photex posted:

i swear the analyst desk guys have changed shirts 3 times already today, looks like the real winners are vp, navi and fnatic.

Was thinking the same thing, what a loving mess (I stopped watching)

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Supposedly the smiley host guy got so drenched in sweat they had to remove him, hose him down and get him a new set of clothes him which left nothing hosting temporarily because why not

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Going to call Machine "smiley host guy" from now on.

Aaaand the ESL stream just went down. What a glorious tournament thus far. :allears:

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

This stream is ridiculously poo poo so far

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Goofballs posted:

Supposedly the smiley host guy got so drenched in sweat they had to remove him, hose him down and get him a new set of clothes him which left nothing hosting temporarily because why not

Is that the flirty Australian dude?

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

No the one who's usually on the far left. I'm sure the Australian is used to the heat though it looked humid as well. All that nerd sweat the eventual winners will probably get trench foot.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

holy loving poo poo the Dignitas vs. NiP game. might be the best Nuke game I've ever seen. the diamond formation Dig does on T side looks incredible. loving military looking

watch the vod as soon as it goes up. I won't spoil it.

edit: magisk is the most incredible player. and apparently he even has food poisoning from a bad russian :burger: too

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Oct 27, 2016

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Terrific Accident posted:

This stream is ridiculously poo poo so far

Yeah I closed it pretty much right away during the Liquid/Optic game this morning. Completely garbage production, especially coming immediately after Epicenter which was overall good.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Famethrowa posted:

edit: magisk is the most incredible player. and apparently he even has food poisoning from a bad russian :burger: too
Confucious say when life give you food poisoning, poo poo on everyone around you.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

So Valve. Where's my Hotline Miami 2 music kit?

gently caress HL3. Get on it bitches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

https://clips.twitch.tv/proleaguecsgo/GorgeousScorpionCorgiDerp