Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

I hope it's more complicated than that because shielding someone during a bombing even though you can't get hurt is still, like, a good thing to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Radio! posted:

I hope it's more complicated than that because shielding someone during a bombing even though you can't get hurt is still, like, a good thing to do.

As much as I'm sure it's something dark/terrible, I'd really love it if it was something even more incredible and positive, but he didn't want to get too much credit because everyone else was pitching in and being such a great team. I absolutely love the "aw shucks" niceness he's been putting on and it would be a breath of fresh air if it wasn't just a front.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

bloodychill posted:

It's not clear who the main bad guys are gonna be or what the main conflict will be, other than probably revolving around some conflict between Inhumans and magic powered humans.

It might be that the main conflict will be Coulson and friends vs Director Mace. In this case Coulson might end up the "bad guy". He's hilariously tanking the director's attempts at a public SHIELD that isn't widely disliked for doing, well, SHIELD things.

Not that the Son of Coul is doing anything evil, just going off to cowboy around any time he leaves the base.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Yeah I'm really hoping Mace actually is genuine. He's too much fun as the slightly too nice Director.

We've already had the secretly evil boss clichés.

I want him to be mostly angry about Coulson not trusting him than being evil. It's far more interesting.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

OB_Juan posted:

It might be that the main conflict will be Coulson and friends vs Director Mace. In this case Coulson might end up the "bad guy". He's hilariously tanking the director's attempts at a public SHIELD that isn't widely disliked for doing, well, SHIELD things.

To be fair, Coulson is in a tough position, Daisy is almost like a daughter to him, and he knows what she went through, he can't in good conscience hunt her down using deadly force. And Shield was pretty close to doing some drastic about Inhumans before the EMP device was shut down and it was revealed to be the work of the Watchdogs.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Rocksicles posted:

Coulson's Swiss Army Hand is loving hilarious. It's one of my fav things.

Remember when Mack had to cut it off and we were all "Nooooooooo :ohdear:" about it?

And instead it led to so many awesome things. :allears:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Given his expressions and random DEADLY SERIOUS moments mixed in with his clean cut wholesome image, plus having under-the-table meetings with a shady Senator who already knew he was Inhuman, I'm thinking Mace is going to end up having a Plutonian-level meltdown that causes SHIELD to get disbanded and banned, again.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
But when are they gonna get to the fireworks factory?!?!?!

Oh wait that was last episode

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
The final battles explosions are shown just as reactions from Coulson and May with someone flicking a flashlight on and off on their faces from off screen. Shouldn't have blown the budget on a flaming skull

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Jusupov posted:

The final battles explosions are shown just as reactions from Coulson and May with someone flicking a flashlight on and off on their faces from off screen. Shouldn't have blown the budget on a flaming skull

Season finale is Ghost Rider and the Director having a huge fight as Coulson holds the door closed so we can't see it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

WarLocke posted:

Season finale is Ghost Rider and the Director having a huge fight as Coulson holds the door closed so we can't see it.

I understood that reference. If they do that, I'll be sooo loving pissed. And I'll blame you.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
And it'll turn out that Daisy is actually Coulson's daughter. Then two episodes later she won't be.

Then someone will trap her in a distopian future and leave her there.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Goddammit, I had successfully blocked that show from memory until now. You assholes.

Save the Hacker, Save the world.

Wolvorine
Nov 15, 2011

I am not drawing that.
Oh wow, weren't we literally making that joke in season 1?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Wolvorine posted:

Oh wow, weren't we literally making that joke in season 1?

There were a lot of bad things in season 1. We can't remember every little thing. :shobon:

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gorilla Salad posted:

And it'll turn out that Daisy is actually Coulson's daughter. Then two episodes later she won't be.

Then someone will trap her in a distopian future and leave her there.

I would absolutely kill for a Plinkett style review of Heroes Season 3. One time I tried to re-watch that train wreck for laughs, and on a second viewing, the already obvious hundreds of plot holes opened up into a glorious black hole of plot holes. I literally counted two every sixty seconds in the first episode, with hindsight on my side.

I couldn't take anymore. I honestly think by the 3rd season Heroes actually makes Dexter's last season look coherent, well planned, and clever.

I mean for Christ's sakes it opens with a character telling someone with full time travel abilities they know about that "There's no time." It's every bit as dumb as it sounds.

PierreTheMime posted:

As much as I'm sure it's something dark/terrible, I'd really love it if it was something even more incredible and positive, but he didn't want to get too much credit because everyone else was pitching in and being such a great team. I absolutely love the "aw shucks" niceness he's been putting on and it would be a breath of fresh air if it wasn't just a front.

I actually hope the twist is he feels, himself, that he's not really much of a hero for some reason and that he actually is a real good guy.

Unfortunately I am still betting he turns out to be evil and only Ghost Rider can ignore his super strength/invulnerability and eliminate him.

bloodychill posted:

I'm glad we're down to just one lame ghost. They're really doing their best to keep the over-arching plot opaque this season. It's not clear who the main bad guys are gonna be or what the main conflict will be, other than probably revolving around some conflict between Inhumans and magic powered humans.

I am like 99.99% positive they were never, ever ghosts.

I am pretty sure that book belongs to those dark elf things from Thor 2, maybe not, but long story short is it seems to show tons and tons of science; and it happened due to an accident in the chamber. They're clearly out of phase/hosed up, not actually un/dead.

If they wanted an amusing reference, honestly, they strike me a lot like what happened to the doctor in the second season of Agent Carter, if he had stayed in that form for years.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Oct 26, 2016

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I think the director's "what do you want?" could maybe be seen as a smart play (as opposed to telling her to go to hell or something similar). Because now he finds out about her real agenda, or part of it anyway.

I have to be honest. I am not sure I liked how Simmons essentially blackmailed the director to get out of the lie detector test. What did this accomplish? It ruined any trust between them and it's pretty much clear (to the director at least) that Simmons is lying about something or withholding important information. Then again, after the prison break events and the Ghost Rider video, he finds out that a bunch of people he trusted were going behind his back.... so.

I also originally thought that Simmons was going to use some virtual reality simulator to train herself to trick the lie detector (and that's what the promo video was about this week) but, nope, I guess she went unprepared and hoped for the best.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Poor Mace. He's slowly realizing that the Original Team is just gonna do whatever they want, and that he really has no control over them.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

AbstractNapper posted:

I have to be honest. I am not sure I liked how Simmons essentially blackmailed the director to get out of the lie detector test.

It wasn't, exactly, however.

What she said wasn't "If you put me in the chair, I will tell them about you" it was "If you put them in the chair, I won't be able to lie about what I now know about you."

Thus it's not really blackmail. She'd not saying she's blow him on purpose, she's saying she'd blow him in unwillingly if she's put in that position, same as she was about to gently caress up for Fitz. She did it for her own reasons, but it's not really untrue, either.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

AbstractNapper posted:

I have to be honest. I am not sure I liked how Simmons essentially blackmailed the director to get out of the lie detector test. What did this accomplish? It ruined any trust between them and it's pretty much clear (to the director at least) that Simmons is lying about something or withholding important information. Then again, after the prison break events and the Ghost Rider video, he finds out that a bunch of people he trusted were going behind his back.... so.

She saw something during the interview that basically indicated he was a phony. Since she was hypocritically put under a microscope and already felt her trust was violated, she didn't see a problem with pushing back. That's my read on it, anyway.

I'd love for this to turn out to be a NuSHIELD thing where everyone walks away begrudging but close-knit allies, but it really feels like there's backlash coming and Mace is going to go Grand Director instead of Patriot.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Blazing Ownager posted:

What she said wasn't "If you put me in the chair, I will tell them about you" it was "If you put them in the chair, I won't be able to lie about what I now know about you."

That's well done blackmail. Just vague enough that she might not be blackmailing the director, but clear enough that they both knew she was.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Blazing Ownager posted:

It wasn't, exactly, however.

Thus it's not really blackmail. She'd not saying she's blow him on purpose, she's saying she'd blow him in unwillingly if she's put in that position, same as she was about to gently caress up for Fitz. She did it for her own reasons, but it's not really untrue, either.

Yea that's still blackmail

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

Stunt Rock posted:

But everyone already knows he is Inhuman and therefore would not have been in danger because he told them.

I saw it as he worded his statement so it sounded like he went through Terrigenesis after the bombing instead of before, which was the lie Simmons caught.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Kheldarn posted:

Poor Mace. He's slowly realizing that the Original Team is just gonna do whatever they want, and that he really has no control over them.

Coulson: Mace, there are seemingly magic ghosts things driving everyone crazy and they're rampaging and the only way we know to stop them is letting some murderer with a flaming skull! What do we do?

Mace: Uh... Let me talk to my PR guy, we need to figure out how this plays out best in our plan for SHIELD to go public.

To be fair though, Jemma and Coulson should have told him about all the weird Darkhold poo poo going down. It's just stupid to keep him in the dark about some crazy emerging threat.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
But seriously, who put that adorable ambigram on the cover? Was it Mephisto? I bet it was; motherfucker loves Angels & Demons.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Shalhavet posted:

I saw it as he worded his statement so it sounded like he went through Terrigenesis after the bombing instead of before, which was the lie Simmons caught.

That was my reading of it as well.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Hoping Mace isn't just straight up going to cave to everyone now. I like the aspect where everyone hates him just because he's too nice, not because he's a dickhead or awful person or whatnot.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Yeah, I like Mace, and so far the team is treating him like poo poo. Hope he finally does snap and puts them all in their place; dude can only take so much.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Season 4 Episode 5: "Lockup"

http://i.imgur.com/x8al2Tv.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/UkDlZIN.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/JD2zl3e.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/ofcms6C.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/TPKnfdu.gifv

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I loved the look he gave Simmons when she blackmailed him.

It's like, "what the heck, Simmons. I'm trying to save this gosh-darned agency. Besides this is test and protocol you designed"

ninja edit: swapped out swears to words Mace would use (and then apologize for being strong language)

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blazing Ownager posted:

I am like 99.99% positive they were never, ever ghosts.

I am pretty sure that book belongs to those dark elf things from Thor 2, maybe not, but long story short is it seems to show tons and tons of science; and it happened due to an accident in the chamber. They're clearly out of phase/hosed up, not actually un/dead.

They're definitely ghosts.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
You guys are just playing along with this dumb show so when it reveals that they're actually ghosts and not science stuff you can be all "no way. what a surprise. You got me good, Agents of Shield" right?

Because they are obviously absolutely ghosts.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

This one loops really well.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
My favorite thing in the fight was when Daisy swings the metal stool out and into the dudes shin. That would loving hurt.

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

WarLocke posted:

Damnit, I didn't want to remember so much wasted potential. Thankfully SHIELD is at a higher bar than to pull one of those. I hope.

(You will get all the blame. All of it.)

I wonder how much saturation terrigenesis has achieved so far.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Whether they're ghosts or science ghosts, they're ghosts.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
If one of them goes through terrigenesis, are they a ghost in the shell?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

pee out my butt posted:

If one of them goes through terrigenesis, are they a ghost in the shell?

That couldn't happen. Ghosts don't have DNA

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Guy Goodbody posted:

That couldn't happen. Ghosts don't have DNA

Maybe science ghosts do. Maybe there's more than science to Being (in)Human

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

OB_Juan posted:

Maybe science ghosts do. Maybe there's more than science to Being (in)Human

They aren't science ghosts! They're just ghosts!

• Locked thread