Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Acid Haze posted:

I just want to repost this classic onion from after the 2012 election.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjonGtrCyVE

"Hillary Clinton announces she has 'not ruled out' 2016 run. Orb instantly quadruples in size." is the last Chryon/tag line.

E;fb

So how about that Donald Trump?

comingafteryouall fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Oct 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Donkwich posted:

O'Keefe tried calling the Open Society Foundation under an alias to try and get something to manipulate, but accidentally forgot to hang up the phone and left a long voicemail on their machine detailing all of his plans.

the best part is when one of the people making the call looked up the journalist's linkedin (the one who they were leaving the voicemail for) and panicked because they realized then she would be able to log in to her linkedin and get an identity on these guys based on recent views

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

PerniciousKnid posted:

Actually the polls show Clinton with a lead, so if they're right Trump has a 0% chance of winning.

The polls show Clinton has the lead on October 26th. If they are right, the chances that Trump wins on November 8th is about 0.2%.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

My main NPR problem is when they have an "expert" from the Heritage Foundation on and let them spew their nonsense unchallanged which feels like it happens a great deal but I probably only notice it because it stands out when it does.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Bassetking posted:

There was also the Seduction Dildo Sex-Yacht.

Now you've said that word, implication, a couple of times. What implication?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/notch/status/790887942294306816

Sorry guys, turns out it was Ghostbuster's fault all along.

Electric Sugar
May 24, 2004

over in the burnt yellow tent by the frozen tractor

dwarf74 posted:

And as a contributing listener here in Central, IL, I think the mission is incredibly important.

Our local station (WGLT) has started advertising that they are the only locally-owned and -operated media outlet in town. And it's definitely the best place to get local news; they have a daily local public interest/news program which hosts Q&A sessions with mayors, board members, superintendents, CEOs, etc. all the time. (Also they run a 24-hour Blues stream, so they rock.)

Plus they do showtunes on Wednesday night. So awesome.

I'm signed up to be an Election Judge and I've actually started having stress nightmares about it because I keep thinking I'm going to have to confront people trying to pull some kind of intimidation stunt. It's unlikely, but UGH. Even the training is like, "go in pairs with your alternate-party buddy so they can't claim anything."

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

ImpAtom posted:

Well... Ghostbusters 2016 is poo poo.

Anyone care to explain what the point of this would be?

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/10/26/politics/donald-trump-dana-bash/index.html

quote:

"Donald Trump told CNN Wednesday he is prepared to open up his wallet and donate considerably more to his campaign in the closing days of the race."

Is it not already the closing days of the loving campaign? Also, What would the point of doing that even be?

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Oct 26, 2016

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

ImpAtom posted:

He got corncobbed hard by Lowtax the other night. Notch corrected Lowtax's assertion that he wears a $4 fedora with "its actually a $250 fedora".

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.

OgreNoah posted:

I can't listen to NPR during election season, it makes me too mad while driving and causes me to drive more aggressively. I also can't listen to most radio stations because DJs insist on talking and ruining the music I want to listen to. So I just listen to CDs. If my car was newer I'd just listen to my phone Bluetoothed, but I'll buy a new car when this one literally rusts out from under me (2003 Civic).

Consider getting a Bluetooth radio adapter.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

ImpAtom posted:

"well i would stand up aganst the most corrupt president ever trying to finally destroy america in 2016, but if i did, women would make fun of my penis on twitter and i cannot pay that price"

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

ImpAtom posted:

Wait, is the Minecraft dev a deplorable or has Poe's law bitten me again?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

pumpinglemma posted:

Yeah, he basically fell heavily into that pit and has done a lot of crazy ranting on twitter. (A good chunk of which he ends up deleting afterwards.) By all reports he's incredibly wealthy and profoundly and deeply unhappy.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Nevvy Z posted:

Someone I know is convinced that the Russia hacks are a false flag and just compared them to the Tonkin incident. He read Ted Rall's lovely 'comic' comparing the no fly zone talk to 2003 Iraq and is convinced Hillary is trying to start WW3 with Russia.

:stare::munch:

That's basically Dr Stein's position according to an interview with her I listened to the other day. Her source? Gorbachev. No, really.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

pumpinglemma posted:

Oh dude, he's the real deal. His loneliness and insecurity rivals Dilbro's.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

pumpinglemma posted:

Notch is an idiot whose halfassed code made him more money than he knows what to do with

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

pumpinglemma posted:

He's a fat man on the internet with (at the least) lovely views on women. Not sure if he's a Trump supporter but he's pretty much reddit IRL.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

pumpinglemma posted:

he got infinite money, outbid beyonce and jay-z for a ridiculous mansion in los angeles, and he sits in there like a turbonerd all alone complaining about women on twitter

its kind of tragic because sudden, unmeasurable success definitely breaks people and notch is now living in a hell of his own creation lmao

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I want to see him in an episode of The Millionaire Matchmaker. That would be awesome. Patty would yell at him so hard.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Phone posted:

He got corncobbed hard by Lowtax the other night. Notch corrected Lowtax's assertion that he wears a $4 fedora with "its actually a $250 fedora".

lmaooooooo

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Phone posted:

hahaha oh my god please post a link to this

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
How many farts do you think Notch's mansion holds?

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Notch is quite literally and without exaggeration an obese and socially awkward man who, until he was 30 years old, lived with his mother and programmed Java applications in his bedroom.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

pumpinglemma posted:

He's a deplorable.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Didn't Notch's mansion have like a big tube of skittles like those candy shops have?

e: yup

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Like you can get all the money money out of microsoft you want but if you're a weird rear end fat java developer who's never had a friend or girlfriend at age 30 then what is even the point.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
this is notch's new house btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZhM56v9UVQ

he was willing to pay more money than beyonce and jay-z for this property

he lives in this house alone and has no real friends

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

computer parts posted:

Didn't Notch's mansion have like a big tube of skittles like those candy shops have?

its a literal wall of candy dispensers.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

boner confessor posted:

he got infinite money, outbid beyonce and jay-z for a ridiculous mansion in los angeles, and he sits in there like a turbonerd all alone complaining about women on twitter

its kind of tragic because sudden, unmeasurable success definitely breaks people and notch is now living in a hell of his own creation lmao

Jesus Christ, you gotta read this article about the purchase. Never has breathless gushing of wealth sounded so soul crushingly sad.

quote:

“Its the perfect 23,000 square foot bachelor pad,” said Sally Forster Jones.

When the home was purchased, the Minecraft creator also purchased all of the furniture for $6 million.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Rhukatah posted:

Howdy from WCBU land, Central IL buddy :respek:
Howdy, Peoria goon! :respek:

When can you guys get Ardis out of there? Have you yet?

Electric Sugar posted:

Plus they do showtunes on Wednesday night. So awesome.

I'm signed up to be an Election Judge and I've actually started having stress nightmares about it because I keep thinking I'm going to have to confront people trying to pull some kind of intimidation stunt. It's unlikely, but UGH. Even the training is like, "go in pairs with your alternate-party buddy so they can't claim anything."
Wow, lots of Central IL goons!

I ended up voting at Eastland the other weekend. I decided it wasn't worth putting up with the potential-voter-intimidation nightmare that McLean County might just turn into on the 8th. Hope you can post your experiences after it's all said and done. My hunch is that it'll be just fine because it's not like Illinois is a toss-up, Duckworth seems like a lock, the district is like 60/40 Red anyways, and most of the local Republicans are running unopposed. But who even knows anymore.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
He made sure not to let money change him when he probably should have let it.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

GalacticAcid posted:

First it was this:

https://twitter.com/notch/status/790885569442246656

Then this:

https://twitter.com/notch/status/790893165058351104

edit: this should give you an idea of the type of person he is -

https://twitter.com/notch/status/789874079587307520

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

How many farts do you think Notch's mansion holds?

My sympathies to those in L.A. when we finally find out.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

boner confessor posted:

Mostly what he's doing in his big house is he's sitting on a couch with his cell phone tweeting, or in front of a very expensive gaming PC, tweeting .

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Toph Bei Fong posted:

I absolutely believe the writer is sincere, as the whole area is mostly controlled by the First Baptist Church (whose former head pastor, Robert Jeffress, is lovingly in the tank for Trump after being against him. No, seriously, gently caress this guy.

I spent middle school and half of high school attending Jeffres' congregation with my parents. Coincidentally, that's the same time I completly lost my faith.

My parents have loosened up quite a bit since I graduated high school and they now attend much less obnoxious churches. We've all moved elsewhere and I don't have much of a connection left to Wichita Falls, but I absolutely agree that the letter was sincerely written and heartfelt.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

haveblue posted:

He made sure not to let money change him when he probably should have let it.

uhhh he moved from sweden to beverly hills so he could live in a fabulously expensive house in a city where he has no friends or family

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Now's as good of a time as any for the story in which Notch mansplained mansplaining to a woman on Twitter.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

boner confessor posted:

he lives in this house alone and has no real friends

he probably thought those models came with the house

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Yeah you guys wanna come by and pos my Notch hole?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

GalacticAcid posted:

I think he deleted the $250 tweet, I'll try to find it later. Until then,

E: yessssss seiferguy with the save, thanks!

• Locked thread