Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

Does anyone have those panels from the story where Wolverine gets killed, resurrected, and mind controlled by the Hand into murdering various superheroes, and then he (along with a handful of zombie Hand ninjas) somehow manages to sneak up on Daredevil? Someone brought it up in a convo today and I recall that fight being particularly good.

I remember reading that! But I don't remember when it happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I could be just remembering the video game, but I'm pretty sure Bane goes to Arkham too. Not because he's crazy, but because they have all the superpowered stuff to hold him. Same for Freeze.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That's stupid.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

biracial bear for uncut posted:

I remember reading that! But I don't remember when it happened.

Sounds like it's from Enemy of the State.

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

Yvonmukluk posted:

Sounds like it's from Enemy of the State.

Yup, probably the one at the bottom of this page.
http://www.cbr.com/the-wrong-side-daredevil-vs-wolverine/

Veotax
May 16, 2006

SonicRulez posted:

I could be just remembering the video game, but I'm pretty sure Bane goes to Arkham too. Not because he's crazy, but because they have all the superpowered stuff to hold him. Same for Freeze.

Also Blackgate burned down before the events of the game, leading to a bunch of non-crazy inmates beiong transferred to Arkham for holding until Blackgate re-opened. Bane had probably been there for a while though, since they were doing illegal experiments with Venom harvested from his body.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Veotax posted:

Also Blackgate burned down before the events of the game, leading to a bunch of non-crazy inmates beiong transferred to Arkham for holding until Blackgate re-opened. Bane had probably been there for a while though, since they were doing illegal experiments with Venom harvested from his body.

I was going to say, Bane was at Arkham so Dr. God I Hate Her So Much could do all those Venom tests on him.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Yeah people like Ivy or Freeze who need specific conditions to keep them alive tend to go to Arkham just because of the facilities they have there. I could see Bane who is both eight feet tall as well as across and as smart as Batman having some kind of supermax ultra lockdown cell there.

I did like in that Batman annual how Riddler is such a massive threat now because of Zero Year, they didn't want to risk opening his cell at all so they literally carved the cell out of the concrete and moved it around with a forklift.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Say Nothing posted:

Evil Fantastic Four apparently killed some Marvel heroes as well. Captain America's shield was among their weapons, also possibly the infinity gauntlet and maybe Thor's hammer?

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

She's just asking the wrong doctor.

Nemesis would science the *gently caress* out of that door.

Creamfilled posted:

I give you these two pages from X-treme Xmen #7 as an extremely creepy and unsettling rebuttal!

Lurdiak posted:

The semi-recent mini-series Wolverine: The Best There Is explored the power creep of his healing factor a bit.

Thank you for all these recommendations

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

purple death ray posted:

I did like in that Batman annual how Riddler is such a massive threat now because of Zero Year, they didn't want to risk opening his cell at all so they literally carved the cell out of the concrete and moved it around with a forklift.

Wait, what?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

robziel posted:

Wait, what?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Must be hell on the plumbing.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Did his doctor say he should keep wearing his super-villain mask? I'm sure that helps.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Transferring him from cell to cell seems like an extra-stupid idea because if he's smart enough to formulate a plan for escape in each cell then all you're doing is giving him an overview of the entire facility.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

mind the walrus posted:

Transferring him from cell to cell seems like an extra-stupid idea because if he's smart enough to formulate a plan for escape in each cell then all you're doing is giving him an overview of the entire facility.
He's smart enough to formulate a plan from any cell, but transferring him around means he has to formulate and remember plans for each cell, which strains credulity even for comic book super-geniuses. Additionally, transferring him around reduces his window for escape; if he stays in one cell he's got weeks to formulate and execute his escape, but if he's transferred to a new cell every two days, he's got to work faster or accept that he's staying in Arkham. OTOH, frequent transferrals mean he doesn't need to escape the cell, when he can escape the transfer, and he still has weeks to come up with a plan.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

o.O Wild. It seems like moving him around so much would give him more opportunities to escape and not removing him from his cell to transport him seems to be counter to their first point of moving him often.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

darthbob88 posted:

He's smart enough to formulate a plan from any cell, but transferring him around means he has to formulate and remember plans for each cell, which strains credulity even for comic book super-geniuses. Additionally, transferring him around reduces his window for escape; if he stays in one cell he's got weeks to formulate and execute his escape, but if he's transferred to a new cell every two days, he's got to work faster or accept that he's staying in Arkham. OTOH, frequent transferrals mean he doesn't need to escape the cell, when he can escape the transfer, and he still has weeks to come up with a plan.
I explained poorly. My issue was that transferring him frequently was going to give him an overview of the entire Arkham facility and thus give him a much more solid blueprint for how to escape any cell unless extreme precautions to disorient and mislead him were taken, which it doesn't sound like there were.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

uPen posted:

Did his doctor say he should keep wearing his super-villain mask? I'm sure that helps.

it grows back.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

The Question IRL posted:

The "kid" was actually the mother of those kids.
She dies, but because she was British and Brian Braddock had moved onto the king of the Outworld, he shows up and gives her the same choice he was given. The Sword or the Stone.
She choses the Sword and becomes the new Captain Britain.
She is later renamed to Lionheart, shows up in Claremounts Excalibre run (where she is being mind controlled. 'Natch.)

And after that was into obscurity.
As for why you never heard of this? This was the Avengers run just before Disassembled so she never got a proper run on Avengers.

And yes, those pages were written by Chuck Austin.

By the way thank you for this amazing poo poo

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Herr Tog posted:

Yeah this is loving awesome

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

darthbob88 posted:

Yeah, but I'd think if you were going to escape you'd do it during a transfer, you know the time when you aren't in a locked room

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Herr Tog posted:

Also, I think that's actually Morgaine Le Fay's evil son (?) Mordred in disguise as Thunderball.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, but I'd think if you were going to escape you'd do it during a transfer, you know the time when you aren't in a locked room

Escaping when you're in a locked room is something that would show how much smarter you are than everyone else, soooooo

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

AnonSpore posted:

Escaping when you're in a locked room is something that would show how much smarter you are than everyone else, soooooo

I wasn't questioning the Riddlers escape abilities, I was questioning GCPD standard practice.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

AnonSpore posted:

They should just put him in a regular cell, but have at least two guards sitting right outside it saying stuff like "no, no a five year old could escape from a locked cell; now a really impressive escape would have to be done in the nude on a unicycle while singing showtunes and juggling their socks."

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Well now we just need the Riddler destroying an escape-room attraction for cheapening the art.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

goatface posted:

Well now we just need the Riddler destroying an escape-room attraction for cheapening the art.

Or opening his own in an attempt to go straight, but being forced back to his old ways by constant suspicion.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Gaz-L posted:

Or opening his own in an attempt to go straight, but being forced back to his old ways by constant suspicion.

I think he would get frustrated because no one could figure it out (when it's SO SIMPLE!), and because no one can figure it out attendance drops so he goes back to his old habits.

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011

thanks!

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Gaz-L posted:

just like that BTAS ep where he makes toys

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Not aware if this has been posted. Also don't care. Beta Ray Bill best bro

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Dr. McNinja is in his final battle against King Radical.

http://drmcninja.com/

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
The "beat a motherfucker with another motherfucker" technique. If done right, no can defense.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
It's amazing how satisfying those pages are when without context they're pointless nonsense.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Mr. Maltose posted:

It's amazing how satisfying those pages are when without context they're pointless nonsense.

Even with context. That's part of what makes them so great.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Herr Tog posted:

Did Crusher Creel go to night school or something?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Dick Trauma posted:

It's not actually Crusher Creel. It's Enchantress.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

That's actually pretty cool since Creel got his start with the Asgardians. I wonder if afterward he had any lingering memory of not being an idiot.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Dick Trauma posted:

Toshimo posted:

It's not actually Crusher Creel. It's Enchantress.
I thought that was Thunderball, AKA Dr Eliot Franklin, AKA the Black Bruce Banner, a well-read genius who could very reasonably quote Shakespeare and Frederick Douglass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Hmm I remember that guy now that you mention him. Makes me wonder if there are any other supervillains based on swinging their big balls around.