Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
well why not
Feb 10, 2009

so the dock:

No wireless, less space than a nomad. Lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
how long till jan 12

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

how long till jan 12

Days, weeks maybe.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Kurtofan posted:

how long till jan 12

It won't even be until next year Nintendo is doomed

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
That Emily tweet is old, it should be said she later updated it and said that by new IP, she didn't mean they were necessarily working on a brand new IP, it might just be an existing one they haven't done before.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well Laura Kate Dale reported today that the dock does not support external memory via USB. Kinda makes sense since it could probably gently caress up things for the Switch.
Also, it supports micro SD-cards up to 128 GB.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Kashuno posted:

It won't even be until next year Nintendo is doomed

What is Nintendo even going to say in the Q4 earnings call?

Spoiler: They're going to make too few NES classics, and then they're going to apologize profusely for "underestimating demand".

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
That seems way too small!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Lodin posted:

Well Laura Kate Dale reported today that the dock does not support external memory via USB. Kinda makes sense since it could probably gently caress up things for the Switch.

How does that work exactly? Cause the 3DS is supposed to only support 32gb but I have a 64gb with no problems. Is this just their maximum guaranteed working size, but you can probably put as big as you want?

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah. It's kinda random what cards above 32gb work on the 3DS so Nintendo was just covering their rear end.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Lodin posted:

Really does sound like the dock is just there to provide extra power so the unit can go hog wild with the CPU/Video card.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Detective No. 27 posted:

Retro is finally working on a video game adaptation of the hit 1990 film The Wizard. Said the technology is finally here to realize Fred Savage's dream.

It's Gal Gun but only with Jenny Lewises

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
It's pretty hilarious that they literally released Galgun on PS4 without any PSmove support. Hi I'm a Japanese development guy let's make sexy house of the dead but without anything approximating lightguns okay now I'm off to huff some used schoolgirl panties hold my calls.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Gutcruncher posted:

It's pretty hilarious that they literally released Galgun on PS4 without any PSmove support. Hi I'm a Japanese development guy let's make sexy house of the dead but without anything approximating lightguns okay now I'm off to huff some used schoolgirl panties hold my calls.

That's for the PSVR version.

Lodin posted:

I guess we can count out AAA-games that want to push 50 gigabyte patches post-launch.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Gutcruncher posted:

:yikes:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Pal Gun, all the girls are replaced with Pal, Arthur's dog.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
I really hope Nintendo doesn't scrap Metroid as being some kind of burden, even though it hasn't given them nearly as many sales as other titles, and lately the response has been lackluster due to making games that don't exactly live up to people's expectations. Will we see one for the Switch? Hopefully Yoshio Sakamoto isn't involved.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

I really hope Nintendo doesn't scrap Metroid as being some kind of burden, even though it hasn't given them nearly as many sales as other titles, and lately the response has been lackluster due to making games that don't exactly live up to people's expectations. Will we see one for the Switch? Hopefully Yoshio Sakamoto isn't involved.

Nintendo just needs to give me the chronological sequel to Metroid Fusion and I can die a happy gamer. I've been waiting for the followup to that story literally since I was a child.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

SettingSun posted:

Nintendo just needs to give me the chronological sequel to Metroid Fusion and I can die a happy gamer. I've been waiting for the followup to that story literally since I was a child.

Careful what you wish for

it shriveled up
Jun 28, 2004

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-10-27/nintendo-president-hints-of-bigger-hardware-plans-for-switch?cmpid=GP.Markets

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Rexroom posted:

That's for the PSVR version.

I guess we can count out AAA-games that want to push 50 gigabyte patches post-launch.

gently caress 50gb patches though. I funny know when developers got so lazy they just decided everything is uncompressed and if you download an update let's just throw in all the game files again just in case.

Skyrim was FOUR GIGABYTES for gently caress sake. How is an fps with maybe a couple dozen maps and a five hour campaign over ten times the size?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Celebrity voice actors as uncompressed FLACs (an actual industry practice!) doesn't help filesizes.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

DoctorWhat posted:

Celebrity voice actors as uncompressed FLACs (an actual industry practice!) doesn't help filesizes.

"We paid half our development costs to get Jeff Goldblum so you're going to loving hear that cookie crumb on his lip get soggy with his drool, goddammit!"

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
"He declined to give more specific forecasts for the Switch beyond the one disclosed this week, which is that Nintendo will sell 2 million units in its first month after it goes on sale in March. The company sold 5.84 million Wii machines in its first fiscal year. The device that followed it, the Wii U, was less successful, with 3.45 million units shipped."

So $199 is confirmed otherwise this dude is huffing natural gas

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

The Walrus posted:

"He declined to give more specific forecasts for the Switch beyond the one disclosed this week, which is that Nintendo will sell 2 million units in its first month after it goes on sale in March. The company sold 5.84 million Wii machines in its first fiscal year. The device that followed it, the Wii U, was less successful, with 3.45 million units shipped."

So $199 is confirmed otherwise this dude is huffing natural gas

There's no chance they don't ship through the initial 2 million in a month. There's plenty of hardcore supporters for that.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

He also said expect a diverse array of accessories.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

joycon belt confirmed

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-10-27-nintendo-switch-has-a-6-2-multi-touch-screen

All those waiting for a wacky Kirby adventure, fear not.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

I believe it, but where do they get their proof?

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

greatn posted:

There's no chance they don't ship through the initial 2 million in a month. There's plenty of hardcore supporters for that.

He's saying that the switch is going to sell more than 1/3 as much as the Wii did in its first year, in the first month. In March. and the Wii came out in the holiday and was in insane demand for more than a year.

199 is the only way that could happen imo. even then it's a stretch.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I believe in Kimishima-sama

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

The Walrus posted:

He's saying that the switch is going to sell more than 1/3 as much as the Wii did in its first year, in the first month. In March. and the Wii came out in the holiday and was in insane demand for more than a year.

Most of the Wii and WiiU's sales in the year they came out was first month.

Basically all he's saying is their initial worldwide shipment in March will be two million.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

He also said expect a diverse array of accessories.

Bring it on.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

BreakAtmo posted:

Bring it on.

Wario Ware: "Bop It!" Edition.

gently caress at least I wouldn't have to get up off the couch to play it, unlike Wario Ware: "Skip It!" Edition.

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Ninty have never lost their grasp of handheld dominance. This well end well, mixing this with a home console.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

The Walrus posted:

The Wii sold 3 Million before Dec 31 2006(Launched in November).

The Wii U sold 3 million Before Dec 31 2012(Launched in November).

They are literally under promising like hell(or just stating what their launch hardware allotment will be).

There is going to be the launch window, where they will likely sell out.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Oct 27, 2016

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So the Switch is going to have the exact same sized screen as the Wii U Gamepad.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
128GB expandable memory has to be complete and utter bullshit. Just wouldn't make sense if this is supposed to be a home console when 1TB and 2TB drives are getting filled up easily on the PS4 & Xbox.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

InFlames235 posted:

128GB expandable memory has to be complete and utter bullshit. Just wouldn't make sense if this is supposed to be a home console when 1TB and 2TB drives are getting filled up easily on the PS4 & Xbox.

PS4 and XBone also require the whole game to be installed even if you have it running off a disc. Why does a game require 50GB installed if I have the disc, is nothing streaming off the disc anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

Astro7x posted:

PS4 and XBone also require the whole game to be installed even if you have it running off a disc.

While this is true and might not apply to Switch games cuz of the cartridge, there will still be an e-store and plenty of people that want to download Triple AAA games directly from there as opposed to getting cartridges. That'll be impossible for something as tiny as 128GB.

• Locked thread