Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Imagine being on your deathbed and realizing the best thing you have ever done in your life is the soundtrack for the timecop video game.

Where did it all went wrong Cage, ya creep?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
A much better accomplishment than I will ever have.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

oddium posted:

and i suppose you remember every google search?? perfect google search memory over here??

I don't remember them all exactly but most start with "how many licks does it take to get to the centre of a".

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I mean yeah, it's a pretty loving good soundtrack.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I said come in! posted:

This quote can't be real. David Cage is more creepy then I imagined.

Reminder that hackers found a fully rendered nude model of Ellen Page in the game's code for the shower scenes. David just put that in there without asking her.

Between that and Naughty Dog completely ripping off her likeness for their game, she must not have a great opinion of the gaming industry.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

shadow warrior 2 would be my GOTM if my laptop could handle running it. i'm extremely salty that the console version next year I'll resign myself to playing is confirmed to run at 30fps which will blow massively I'm sure

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
all i hear is "detroit will be great lets all play it"

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It actually looked pretty ok at e3

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Is there a thread for My Summer Car? That game owns.

e: there is!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

It actually looked pretty ok at e3

David Cage games all look great until you actually play them.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Black Lodge Palpek posted:

I really like Battlefield 1. Basically if you thought to yourself 'I'd like to play some next gen World at War singleplayer and Battlefield 1942 multiplayer' then it's both. Multiplayer matches with a good squad are so satisfying. Also tanks where everybody has a turret.

I find it really funny that Battlefield is kicking rear end at historic war combat while call of duty is busy doing its best Halo impression.

BF1 is really good though, it feels different somehow than past BF games. The feel of the game is just a bit differnet, better, but in subtle ways that are hard to describe. And the graphics are gorgeous of course.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

David Cage games all look great until you actually play them.

david cage games are the funniest things in gaming and i love them

SHAUN

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Robot hostage negotiator should be an entire game and its going to suck when it's only one scene in Detroit.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Zaphod42 posted:

I find it really funny that Battlefield is kicking rear end at historic war combat while call of duty is busy doing its best Halo impression.

Its actually a Mobile Suit Gundam impression.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

corn in the bible posted:

SHAUN

Beyond ruined it by just being dumb and boring

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I like how even if you constantly tell him to gently caress off, Beyond Two Souls insists that Ellen Page is in love with the date rapey traitorous soldier man.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ugh don't remind me

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You can actively try to kill him multiple times in the game and it will still pair you up with him at the end lol

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Even if Ellen Page commits suicide to escape him, the ending has her haunting him with love. Not even death can save you from the worst relationship in the world.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I got the Terminator ending and I don't remember him being there so I must have gotten rid of him somehow.
Or his awful blandness made me forget.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Out of curiosity, does this soldier resemble a certain short, balding Frenchman?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In his head maybe

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

SHAUN
The fail-all-qtes market chase scene is better imo.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

beyond 2 souls is probably the least funny david cage but it's still fascinating in how loving ill-conceived and stupid it is

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NQw5okCa74

Someone should remake this video with showers instead of buildings and put in some button prompt overlays.

It will magically become about Cage.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
If the android doesn't kung fu fight a helicopter controlled by some kinda alien AI from ANOTHER DIMENSION then no sale, fine sir.
Alternate twist: Secret sequel to Beyond Two Souls for no reason. The premise? Ghosts in machines.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Cage knows she's gay, right

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Looper posted:

i am almost 100% certain that cage knew and did not give a poo poo

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Looper posted:

not if you script her to be straight i guess

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
What are good YouTube videos to whittle away my workday with? My workload has been very light as of late and I spend most of the day on SA or watching tutorials of pinball tables. Taking recommendations for funny or entertaining videos or creators that I could spend an hour or so watching to make the part of my work day I spend without work go a little faster.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

LawfulWaffle posted:

What are good YouTube videos to whittle away my workday with? My workload has been very light as of late and I spend most of the day on SA or watching tutorials of pinball tables. Taking recommendations for funny or entertaining videos or creators that I could spend an hour or so watching to make the part of my work day I spend without work go a little faster.

There's an entire collection of Space Ghost Coast to Coast episodes somewhere on YouTube, they're great for passing the time with

Alternatively, Super Best Friends Play is always a fun time, they just tend to have extra long videos a lot of the time on their channel

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i've been watching this guy AvE on youtube take apart power tools. kind of crass which i could do without but i enjoy listening to passionate/knowledgeable people talk about what they like

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

LawfulWaffle posted:

I'll always recommend Sips to anyone. His let's plays are a rambly, casual stream-of-consciousness thing. In a good way.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

LawfulWaffle posted:

Have some neat and interesting channels about :

- Game design
- Cinematography
- Films
- A lot of different things
- The minutae of Game of Thrones Lore, and sometimes other shows/books/movies
- Fun Fellas who are bad at gaming
- Fun Fellas who are rad at gaming

They are all people making content that is pretty positive and genuine in tone, which is nice because a lot of internet content is kinda "ha ha isn't this thing lovely" and it's nice to have some positive vibes in the media you consume.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

people with more than 100,000 subscribers must not be trusted

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Zaphod42 posted:

:smith:

I try to be as nice as I can to the fast food employees around here, because that poo poo sucks. As a result I get all kinds of free stuff, just for being a decent human being. But like, I don't even deserve a reward for that poo poo, but that's just how lovely most people are to each other; people are surprised when you just use basic courtesy.

I'm kinda drunk...

When I was young, stupid(er) and naive(er), I thought up a concept: Tip the fast food window people. Just my change, or a dollar, but why not? I called it Individually Instituted Redistribution of Wealth.

I am unfortuntely not at all kidding. You guys think I'm bad now, if I'd been on the forums when I was 23, hoo boy

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Help Im Alive posted:

people with more than 100,000 subscribers must not be trusted

Anyone who has more than 200 Facebook "friends" should be euthanized

beyond 2 souls is probably the least funny david cage but it's still fascinating in how loving ill-conceived and stupid it is

The most frustrating thing is that it has by far the best gameplay of any of his games, in those rare times when the game lets you play it. Also holy poo poo whose idea was the Native American chapter, I'm Native American and it didn't even piss me off, it was just so stupid and like 8 hours long

precision fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Oct 27, 2016

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Can confirm this channel rules. Really good editing of video and a soothing radio voice doing in-depth book analysis of ASOIAF. Great stuff.

Especially the Hodor episode.

precision posted:

When I was young, stupid(er) and naive(er), I thought up a concept: Tip the fast food window people. Just my change, or a dollar, but why not? I called it Individually Instituted Redistribution of Wealth.

I am unfortuntely not at all kidding. You guys think I'm bad now, if I'd been on the forums when I was 23, hoo boy

Eh, call me a pinko commie but its not that stupid. :ussr: I've always thought that it would be a pretty good troll to get super rich and then redistribute all your wealth. You guys love your capitalism, but part of capitalism is whoever earns the money gets to choose what to do with it! So learn to deal with my communism-within-capitalism!

Problem is that means both working a lot and earning a fortune and then giving away most of it, and even if you do that's still a drop in the bucket. But a few Warren Buffet types do pretty good stuff like that.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I find it really disheartening how fuckin' rude people are to grocery checkout people too. like, would it really kill people to say "all in one bag is fine, thank you" instead of acting like the question is some kind of an affront to dignity? and it's nott heir fault that the credit card companies switched to chip cards, they're doing their best to explain it without being patronizing. that they don't scream from having to hear the same thing about it 200 times a day is a loving miracle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Zaphod42 posted:

Can confirm this channel rules. Really good editing of video and a soothing radio voice doing in-depth book analysis of ASOIAF. Great stuff.

Especially the Hodor episode.

Eh, call me a pinko commie but its not that stupid. :ussr: I've always thought that it would be a pretty good troll to get super rich and then redistribute all your wealth. You guys love your capitalism, but part of capitalism is whoever earns the money gets to choose what to do with it! So learn to deal with my communism-within-capitalism!

Problem is that means both working a lot and earning a fortune and then giving away most of it, and even if you do that's still a drop in the bucket. But a few Warren Buffet types do pretty good stuff like that.

You're supposed to earn a ton of money and then buy lobby politicians with it to make the government redistribute everyone's money.

• Locked thread