Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I would love for n0thing to become an analyst or commentator like SPUNJ when he retires. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Me too, I think spunj is doing a great job.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdC8zHWVmsQ

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

i luv it!~

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Played 2 comp games last night. The 1st in weeks that I can remember. It went... well. Surprisingly my team actually communicated, got serious when we started to lose a couple of rounds. Maybe I'll come back to comp full time.

KING OV HELL
Apr 2, 2014
can someone tell me why Optic didn't just go to B after losing 2 players to a pistol rush? Like he got bomb and then kept pressuring for kills, and the team had ample time to rotate to B.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Maybe he muted the others for being obnoxious, soloqueue is rough. Oh wait

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Going back a couple of pages to poker talk, I wouldn't call kassouf the most hated player. I'm of the opinion that the heckling he did and slow turns is a legitimate strategy because you can get under your opponent's skin and it can cause them to make some occasional bad or hasty decisions (you saw shaguar gettin REAL loving mad in that clip) and if he wouldn't have been dealt pocket kings into aces he probably would've done better than shaguar but them's the breaks

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
I'm essentially done with my 10 staggered wins (only one more to go!!!) and am like 9-2 right now, usually pretty high on the scoreboard, and am still playing Silver II-III people. Are these first 10 matches placement matches -- i.e. I'll get dropped somewhere within a wide range at the end, or are they more like slow grinds where I start at the bottom and win my way up? Also, does the MMR system track anything other than wins? I don't mind using my mediocre aim to wreck people at this level, but am curious when I should expect to get bumped up.

Also, is there a good stats site to use to see my match history? I can't find any which let me view my match history without manually pasting in the share link over and over.

Lastly, do people have aim map preferences? I've just been using this one since it was the highest rated on the workshop -- https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=213240871 -- but I dunno if there's a better one. I found practice maps super useful when I was playing SC2, but have never really tried practicing for an FPS much beyond trying to play mindfully.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

No one really knows what mmr consists of because valve never really explain it but people have theories. If you're playing silvers after 9 wins you're probably going to be ranked silver. I think the highest you can get ranked out of placement is LE. If that was going to happen your games would have LEs and DMGs in them.

I like the aimbotz one most I guess. I think you get nmore out of deathmatch but if I don't feel like it that's ok. The kind of deathmatch that's most valuable, ffa (free for all), is probably a bit pointless for a starting player.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

https://clips.twitch.tv/proleaguecsgo/FaithfulStarlingNotATK

FaZe should just ff.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Luna Was Here posted:

Going back a couple of pages to poker talk, I wouldn't call kassouf the most hated player. I'm of the opinion that the heckling he did and slow turns is a legitimate strategy because you can get under your opponent's skin and it can cause them to make some occasional bad or hasty decisions (you saw shaguar gettin REAL loving mad in that clip) and if he wouldn't have been dealt pocket kings into aces he probably would've done better than shaguar but them's the breaks

Yeah well that's the problem with being an rear end in a top hat in a game where the luck can make you like a total rear end in a top hat based off one turn of cards. Sometimes you look like the rear end in a top hat you are.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

:smithicide:

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

sterster posted:

Played 2 comp games last night. The 1st in weeks that I can remember. It went... well. Surprisingly my team actually communicated, got serious when we started to lose a couple of rounds. Maybe I'll come back to comp full time.

Did you lose your rank? I've played this week for the first time since the summer and it put me in at S6 where I've been dropping 40s as a result

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Can you call your boy Aizy and ask him why the gently caress they picked overpass against SK?

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
These theScore plugs are actually pretty funny

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Famethrowa posted:

Can you call your boy Aizy and ask him why the gently caress they picked overpass against SK?
Mind games? :shepface:

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Faffel posted:

Yeah well that's the problem with being an rear end in a top hat in a game where the luck can make you like a total rear end in a top hat based off one turn of cards. Sometimes you look like the rear end in a top hat you are.

Yep. Poker is like the number one game of "poo poo happens". I honestly feel bad for kassouf because the number of times you lay down kings when someone pre flop all ins has to be almost none unless you're the world's most conservative player

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

Goofballs posted:

No one really knows what mmr consists of because valve never really explain it but people have theories. If you're playing silvers after 9 wins you're probably going to be ranked silver. I think the highest you can get ranked out of placement is LE. If that was going to happen your games would have LEs and DMGs in them.

I like the aimbotz one most I guess. I think you get nmore out of deathmatch but if I don't feel like it that's ok. The kind of deathmatch that's most valuable, ffa (free for all), is probably a bit pointless for a starting player.

Well i'm definitely not at anywhere near the LE level, so that part of the rating makes sense, just seemed odd that even w/ such a high win/loss ratio I wouldn't be playing at higher ranks faster. I suppose it doesn't really matter.

And my other practice has just been DMing a lot and trying to one tap w/ the deagle or AK47, though I should probably work in some practice spraying/controlling recoil too. Why do you think FFA is a bit pointless? I actually didn't realize there was a non two-teams option.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Fusion Restaurant posted:

Well i'm definitely not at anywhere near the LE level, so that part of the rating makes sense, just seemed odd that even w/ such a high win/loss ratio I wouldn't be playing at higher ranks faster. I suppose it doesn't really matter.

And my other practice has just been DMing a lot and trying to one tap w/ the deagle or AK47, though I should probably work in some practice spraying/controlling recoil too. Why do you think FFA is a bit pointless? I actually didn't realize there was a non two-teams option.

FFA on custom servers requires crazy fast reflexes and on point aiming. You'd get destroyed repeatedly until you quit.

Aimbots is good to practice taps and sprays, and once you get bored with bots, 1v1 servers can be a good place to pick up aim and movement.

One tapping is good but you will want to get AK sprays in your toolbox soon.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

In FFA anyone can kill anyone else so you get the maximum amount of fights in the shortest amount of time and instead of it being against stationary or predictably moving bots its against humans who shoot back and attempt to use the map against you. But everyone in there is LE+ so if you aren't half decent at shooting your gun you just get fragged endlessly and never have a chance to learn anything. Like it won't make you game smart or anything but you're certainly more likely to win duels if you do it for a bit before queuing.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

metallicaeg posted:

Did you lose your rank? I've played this week for the first time since the summer and it put me in at S6 where I've been dropping 40s as a result

Yes, my rank had dropped again down to S4. I was pretty drunk and in the high 20's for kills. It's kind of fun to play comp and not really care. I think this is why I got burnt out on it so hard and went to OW land. Being an aggressive T awper is pretty easy because people cant hit their shots at this level. Good times. I might try to play again because I'm burnt on OW now.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

https://clips.twitch.tv/proleaguecsgo/WrongFrogKevinTurtle

I still love n0thing. :3:

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

sterster posted:

Yes, my rank had dropped again down to S4. I was pretty drunk and in the high 20's for kills. It's kind of fun to play comp and not really care. I think this is why I got burnt out on it so hard and went to OW land. Being an aggressive T awper is pretty easy because people cant hit their shots at this level. Good times. I might try to play again because I'm burnt on OW now.
I'm Glass if you remember; I'll be on most nights again, 7-8P EST

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

metallicaeg posted:

Sounds like it's time for the nova gang to get back together. (exxon)

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

metallicaeg posted:

We'll have to play again soon (schlurps), we had a couple really solid games. I'll be on tonight around that time.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

metallicaeg posted:

I'm glad you mentioned who you were because I was really scratching my head. 7-8 EST is a bit early for me. I think I'm usually around 10-11EST earliest. Got to put the kids to bed @ 8 MST and then if the lady is around maybe hand with her. Hopefully I can catch some of you guys on. Perhaps we can get some Demo or Ixilt in on it too.

Schlurps & Exxon have you been playing regularly? What's your rank at now?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

sterster posted:

I'm glad you mentioned who you were because I was really scratching my head. 7-8 EST is a bit early for me. I think I'm usually around 10-11EST earliest. Got to put the kids to bed @ 8 MST and then if the lady is around maybe hand with her. Hopefully I can catch some of you guys on. Perhaps we can get some Demo or Ixilt in on it too.

I play every night hah. I deranked to gn2 because I was playing with my silver newbie roommate.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Best bet is to leave those horrible kids and the awful wife

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

sterster posted:

Getting back into it after not playing for a few months, I'm worse than ever.

WhatDo
Nov 22, 2012

xsf421 posted:

Sounds like it's time for the nova gang to get back together.

Any chance the nova gang needs a backup?

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

WhatDo posted:

Any chance the nova gang needs a backup?

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/GNFU

e: for the rest of the fellas, I'll be unavailable tonight but I'll be good to go tomorrow. If you see me playing Civ6 toss me an invite and I'll switch games

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

metallicaeg posted:

Oh you're Glass? I was wondering how I knew you, haha. I'm redx. GG's the other night. Finally got GN3 after winning 9 of 10.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Professor Puppytime posted:

Best bet is to leave those horrible kids and the awful wife

I can agree on the kid thing. The wife likes to touch my no no bits so I can put up with her. ( Honey if you somehow find this comment it's not what it looks like and I love our whole family very much. )
Edit spelling

sterster fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Oct 27, 2016

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

:catstare:

WhatDo
Nov 22, 2012

Hey, thanks. I'm actually already in the group but I've never caught someone in the chat, so I'm assuming that's not the best way to find a group within that?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

WhatDo posted:

Hey, thanks. I'm actually already in the group but I've never caught someone in the chat, so I'm assuming that's not the best way to find a group within that?

Announcements are available to all members to send out when you want a lobby, but yeah, games generally happen by being on each others friends lists.

You can add me http://steamcommunity.com/id/famethrowa

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

sterster posted:

I can agree on the kid thing. The wife likes to touch my no no bits so I can put up with her. ( Honey if you somehow find this comment it's not what it looks like and I love our whole family very much. )
Edit spelling

:yikes:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

sterster posted:

Edit spelling

yikes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
cs will gently caress you harder than any spouse or loved one