Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Hm yes noted late 90s Puerto Ricana Chun Li.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I tried out Juri for a bit, it feels like her legs have been cut off at the knee. I like that her level 2 v-skill punishes anything at any range though. Even if someone neutral jumps at fullscreen it's an instant punish / anti-air. I think she should have a 2-bar v-trigger and a bit more range on some normals.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Thanks YouTube?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
low iq charge characters

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Captain Baal posted:

low iq charge characters

shotos are for scrubs with low iq

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Platypus Farm posted:

Why on earth would you think they're going to fix a game which sold terribly, has basically no continuing support outside of the tournament scene, and has no real possibilities for future return on investment?

Less of a "I think", and more of a "I hope". I mean, I'm not going to trust Capcom with PC games for a while after the rootkit, but it'd be cool if the PS4 ver of the game that was everywhere at locals/events didn't completely suck.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
the only good capcom series left is monster hunter

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ace Attorney

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Which is why we should all pool our funds and buy the dragma license off them.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

In Training posted:

Ace Attorney

:yeah:

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Ah, I'm glad Ryu joined Ken in the Lower Body Club. Hey, Capcom, I noticed a mistake in your Remy concept art so I took the liberty of fixing it for you, no need to thank me

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Jack Trades posted:

shotos are for scrubs with low iq

Captain Baal posted:

low iq charge characters

get that rear end banned

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I approve.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
taking bets that we see no major updates to street fighter for 5 years, then all of a sudden "Street Fighter" gets announced and the game has like four buttons and no special inputs

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

anime was right posted:

taking bets that we see no major updates to street fighter for 5 years, then all of a sudden "Street Fighter" gets announced and the game has like four buttons and no special inputs

At this point I'll take that instead of SFV.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

MohShuvuu posted:

the only good capcom series left is monster hunter

https://a.pomf.cat/qvtsix.webm

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Aren't we just going to go play Fantasy Strike anyways?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Are there any SFV character-a-likes in salty bet yet? I have a hankering to go back to that thing.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Are there any SFV character-a-likes in salty bet yet? I have a hankering to go back to that thing.

I think there's a character that's literally a pile of garbage, so yes.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
I'm pretty sure they have a few Cody variations

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

dhamster posted:

I'm pretty sure they have a few Cody variations

lol.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

make the knife a universal mechanic and put it in the center of every round imo.]

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Tfw u will never play a game with Cody in it again

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

swore off final fight forever?

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Final fight was never as good as streets of rage

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Final fight was never as good as streets of rage

(Final) Fite me.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Oct 27, 2016

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Some person argued that sf5 is better than sf4 because sf5 is still being streamed.

Oh god.

(i'm also perfectly fine with 5 being better in your opinion, but a loving stream number being why?)

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Oct 28, 2016

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

SectumSempra posted:

Some person argued that sf5 is better than sf4 because sf5 is still being streamed.

Oh god.

Yeah that's why Avatar is the 2nd best movie of all time

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

SectumSempra posted:

Oh god.

(i'm also perfectly fine with 5 being better in your opinion, but a loving stream number being why?)

there were people itt or another fg thread that were saying similar things wrt sales/bigger stream numbers/tourney entries. its sad that this is not an uncommon line of thought

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

yeah its being streamed and viewed by like 500 people, almost as many as a 3rd grader playing minecraft.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
SF5 is better than SF4 though

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Nodoze posted:

SF5 is better than SF4 though

I mean I had fun playing juri poison and viper.

I like no one in this game.

So from a personal fun perspective I got more out of it.,

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

SectumSempra posted:

The argument probably makes sense to an insane person and you have to be insane to still be playing SFV after it put a rootkit in your machine. You can't even say "they fixed it" either. They didn't fix poo poo, everything broken is still broken, you cant fix SFV. It probably is more popular than 4, sure, but better? I dont know, maybe if you're a hacker trying to get in people's poo poo it's better, but for gameplay, World Heroes Perfect on an emulator is better than SFV.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

The argument probably makes sense to an insane person and you have to be insane to still be playing SFV after it put a rootkit in your machine. You can't even say "they fixed it" either. They didn't fix poo poo, everything broken is still broken, you cant fix SFV. It probably is more popular than 4, sure, but better? I dont know, maybe if you're a hacker trying to get in people's poo poo it's better, but for gameplay, World Heroes Perfect on an emulator is better than SFV.

The issue is comparing popularity, has there ever been a fighting game that hasn't had it's successor eventually gain more "numbers"?

The only one that bends the rule is melee isn't it?

Even though people bitched about sf4 endlessly, they eventually jumped on fully even after 3rd strike was released on more recent consoles.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

SectumSempra posted:

The issue is comparing popularity, has there ever been a fighting game that hasn't had it's successor eventually gain more "numbers"?

Even though people bitched about sf4 endlessly, they eventually jumped on fully even after 3rd strike was released on more recent consoles.

ssf2 vs hf/ce

sf3 ng vs st/alpha series

svc chaos vs cvs2

kof2k3 vs 2k2

vsav 2 vs vsav 1

soul calibur series downhill since forever

and dont forget the best example

sfv vs sfxt

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
  • doesn't support several basic controllers.
  • Launched without several modes including arcade mode and story mode
  • paid DLC before fixing anything
  • 8 frames of delay
  • installed a loving rootkit
  • desynched netplay
  • takes longer to get into a match than play one
  • decided to punish people who botted for colors even top players had trouble earning
  • didn't punished ragequitters
  • ragequit system punishes people who are ragequit on or people who do stuff like disconnect from psn during training mode
  • characters released later than anticipated
  • stats still dont function at all
  • stage transitions got patched in
  • launched with like 5 grapplers and 2 zoning chars for no loving reason at all
  • allows you to "earn" dlc. takes five times longer than unlocking a league of legends character to do so beyond the first one.
  • capcoms messaging has been absolute garbage
  • all of the fun stuff gets patched out
  • jabs are dumb as gently caress
  • garbage movespeed
  • everything is negative on block
  • blockstun takes decades to complete
  • jab aa is dumb as hell
  • knockdowns don't mean very much

ok did i get everything lol

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

SectumSempra posted:

Melee I believe Nintendo basically made the game as a statement that "No, it's not a fighting game, we dont want it to be that" and people were pissed. The hype for it before release was certainly bigger than anything before it.

You have a good point about most people moving on to the newer game among fighters. If there is any game that will break the cycle it's SFV. At this point it will take the FGC collectively moving back to 4 for Capcom to do anything and if that happened perhaps they'd say it's what they wanted all along.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

anime was right posted:

inspired by yatagarasu and mkx, they managed to include several auto-confirm option selects that still haven't been fixed despite their Very Strong Stance on removing Any And All Option Selects and the Utmost Confidence in them held by every idiot who tried to defend this game the first few months and who have quietly all stopped playing since

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

anime was right posted:

• doesn't support several basic controllers.
  • Launched without several modes including arcade mode and story mode
  • paid DLC before fixing anything
  • 8 frames of delay
  • installed a loving rootkit
  • desynched netplay
  • takes longer to get into a match than play one
  • decided to punish people who botted for colors even top players had trouble earning
  • didn't punished ragequitters
  • ragequit system punishes people who are ragequit on or people who do stuff like disconnect from psn during training mode
  • characters released later than anticipated
  • stats still dont function at all
  • stage transitions got patched in
  • launched with like 5 grapplers and 2 zoning chars for no loving reason at all
  • allows you to "earn" dlc. takes five times longer than unlocking a league of legends character to do so beyond the first one.
  • capcoms messaging has been absolute garbage
  • all of the fun stuff gets patched out
  • jabs are dumb as gently caress
  • garbage movespeed
  • everything is negative on block
  • blockstun takes decades to complete
  • jab aa is dumb as hell
  • knockdowns don't mean very much

Female character models/costumes so vulgar as to be censored on late-night cable television.