Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
Beat the DLC in a single session. I enjoyed what was there, but after the length of the DS2 DLC's, 4 hours is really drat short.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I was cooping the final boss and was basically dead with no estus left. We managed to almost kill her but she was gunning for me so by pure chance I put her down with a basic knife.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I think I killed a crab by throwing another crab into it with the visceral attack. Or maybe it just got caught in the attack or something. But I like the thought that my dude killed one crab with another crab more. The grave tender fight was fun though. Using a great sword I hit that wolf so hard it stopped dashing around then threw it halfway across the field with a visceral attack. Sif this is not.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Internet Kraken posted:

There are people legit angry that From put those yeti crabs in as a joke.

I hope the next DLC has even more crabs.

Crown Of The Crabby King

EDIT:

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
It's all been leading up to this. The lore has always been right in front of us.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
To unlock that boss you have to bring the skeleton ball crab back to the Cleansing Chapel bonfire.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

Nuebot posted:

I think I killed a crab by throwing another crab into it with the visceral attack. Or maybe it just got caught in the attack or something. But I like the thought that my dude killed one crab with another crab more. The grave tender fight was fun though. Using a great sword I hit that wolf so hard it stopped dashing around then threw it halfway across the field with a visceral attack. Sif this is not.

drat, I was using a +10 greatsword and could barely hit it! It kept jumping backwards while I was midswing and then frost-dashing me to death before I could recover.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

mary had a little clam posted:

drat, I was using a +10 greatsword and could barely hit it! It kept jumping backwards while I was midswing and then frost-dashing me to death before I could recover.

I was using the Onyx Sword specifically, I like its moveset. I think it uses the generic greatsword moveset though.

Also, poo poo, I apparently missed the NPC invasion because I forgot to ember in the arena and I just beat the boss.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
A crab so powerful it can singlehandedly link the fire, unlocking an exciting new ending in Dark Souls III: Crabseeker Frompt

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Put an apocalypse crab from Crawl in the next DLC as a boss.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Yuria has unique dialogue if you talk to her with Friede's soul in your inventory. She recognizes it and mentions that it's the soul of a woman from londor.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I'm sorry if one of you was Bog Witch Quinn, you sounded like an AI invader so I cast Homing Crystal Soulmass + Crystal Soul Spear and one shot you. :shobon:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I really like the DLC boss. It reminds me of Lady Maria mixed with False King Allant.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Why does the MLGS have split damage :negative:?!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

sector_corrector posted:

I really like the DLC boss. It reminds me of Lady Maria mixed with False King Allant.

I hated the first form, it was just kind of boring, and the second form just seemed pointless. Like you could have fused one and two into one form where she dies at half health, he breaks out and revives her and then have her refill the bar for the last form. :shrug:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

What's up with the three crabs boss?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I'm really impressed with the earth seeker. I got almost 600ar two handed with just the min str.
The whip is less great.

Also holy poo poo dorhys' gnawing ruins everything in the dlc

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Nuebot posted:

I was using the Onyx Sword specifically, I like its moveset. I think it uses the generic greatsword moveset though.

Also, poo poo, I apparently missed the NPC invasion because I forgot to ember in the arena and I just beat the boss.

The pyro invader? He's a dickhead, probably saved yourself some frustration running back to him.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Nuebot posted:

I hated the first form, it was just kind of boring, and the second form just seemed pointless. Like you could have fused one and two into one form where she dies at half health, he breaks out and revives her and then have her refill the bar for the last form. :shrug:

I really hated the first form at first, until I realized the gimmick. Basically;

you can negate her invisibility by just never letting up on her and not letting her run away. You can even track her movements by her footsteps and the furniture she breaks. a really cool touch

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

oldpainless posted:

What's up with the three crabs boss?

It's a joke.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

skasion posted:

The pyro invader? He's a dickhead, probably saved yourself some frustration running back to him.

He still shows up after you beat the boss. Now he's dead. I'm sad I didn't manage to knock him off a cliff.

Night Blade posted:

I really hated the first form at first, until I realized the gimmick. Basically;

you can negate her invisibility by just never letting up on her and not letting her run away. You can even track her movements by her footsteps and the furniture she breaks. a really cool touch

It's like prescilla 2.0, I don't like it just because of how slow she moves otherwise but has super long range. Third form is way better.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Azuth0667 posted:

Why does the MLGS have split damage :negative:?!

It doesn't really. I mean yes, there is technically a physical damage portion, but the majority of damage is in magic as it should be and it's not really any weaker than any other greatsword.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Night Blade posted:

You can also hit her with an arrow/bolt/knife and it will stay visible.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
If I never hear the word Darkwraith again it'll be too soon.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Your Computer posted:

If I never hear the word Darkwraith again it'll be too soon.

Well the next DLC will probably be Londor so good luck with that.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

RatHat posted:

It's a joke.

:(

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Genocyber posted:

It doesn't really. I mean yes, there is technically a physical damage portion, but the majority of damage is in magic as it should be and it's not really any weaker than any other greatsword.

1/3 of it is physical which is :sad:.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

RatHat posted:

I hope not. I hope it's Deep dlc with guest appearances by the third londor sister.

It's only half a joke, don't worry. There really are three giant crabs.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I regret trash talking floating chaos. I mean the damage is pretty bad and the casting animation is rear end, but the spell is good solely because it makes people act like idiots in PvP. You can bait them into strong attacks by putting up multiple chaos balls at once, which leads to a lot of people panic rolling like fools.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Oh, hey. So the animation of the Onyx Sword for the black flame? Yeah that damages dudes. One of the deep spider monster things jumped at me as I was doing it and got its self stunned for a visceral attack. I think that might have been how I stunned the wolf boss then :shepface:

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.
Has From relaxed the censor filter over the last several months? I've been doing a lot of invasions and I'm seeing people with "Knight" in their name and it's just Knight and not K***ht. I know that capitalization fools it (:psyduck:) but the letters all look normal so what's going on here?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

The giant wolf is an illusion. It shows up twice and dies in a couple of hits. However there's a real version out there too but it's a bit hidden.

To find it cut the bridge in front of Friede's house

I fought the big wolf near all the baby wolves in the first area and when I reached the boss fight it still had health missing from that encounter. you sure those are supposed to be illusions? I just took it as the ng+ freyja encounters in ds2

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Manatee Cannon posted:

I fought the big wolf near all the baby wolves in the first area and when I reached the boss fight it still had health missing from that encounter. you sure those are supposed to be illusions? I just took it as the ng+ freyja encounters in ds2

This also happened with me. He was missing about 15% of his health bar.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Sard posted:

Has From relaxed the censor filter over the last several months? I've been doing a lot of invasions and I'm seeing people with "Knight" in their name and it's just Knight and not K***ht. I know that capitalization fools it (:psyduck:) but the letters all look normal so what's going on here?

Apparently people have had success emailing From to remove the censoring from their names.

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

Frankston posted:

I'm the same way brother :hfive:

Though DS2 was my entry into the series so I'm biased.

DS2 has lots to recommend it, especially after SotFS, but DS3 has its good points too. I just think the bits that don't feel "right" in DS3 are really tough to deal with, especially after BB. That said, I sort of like the design of DS3's snowy DLC more than DS2.

And good to hear about the Valorheart. I might give it a whirl and try to get use to it. Although I'm having lots of fun with the sabre and new rapier too.

I also liked the Champion's Gravetender and the Greatwolf, since there aren't enough opportunities to parry bosses in this.

Also, I'm still not done with the DLC, but I have to check out those crabs. That looks crazy.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Fire Barrel posted:

DS2 has lots to recommend it, especially after SotFS, but DS3 has its good points too. I just think the bits that don't feel "right" in DS3 are really tough to deal with, especially after BB. That said, I sort of like the design of DS3's snowy DLC more than DS2.

I like that people are starting to look more favorably on dark souls 2 now. It's my favorite in the series despite its flaws and it was always kind of a bummer that so many people poo poo on it for arbitrary reasons like "B TEAM!" and "They changed the lighting!" but ignored the cool stuff it had like, in my opinion at least, the semi-open maps that let you loop around without really forcing you to backtrack, the best covenants in the series and a huge variety of weapons, dual wielding in particular was really fun to play with.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

The health bar disappears when you kill his friend. I don't think it's related to the other encounters but I'm not 100% sure.

Should be easy enough to figure out if there's anyone who went straight for the boss fight without going the other direction.

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Oct 28, 2016

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

RatHat posted:

I really want this now, particularly if it ties into the Deep as well. The next DLC will really be the "last" installment of Dark Souls for the forseeable future, and I hope it is for a long time. I'd really want the series to go out on a really strong note, and it has always done deep, dank, dark and disgusting depths the absolute best.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Nuebot posted:

I like that people are starting to look more favorably on dark souls 2 now. It's my favorite in the series despite its flaws and it was always kind of a bummer that so many people poo poo on it for arbitrary reasons like "B TEAM!" and "They changed the lighting!" but ignored the cool stuff it had like, in my opinion at least, the semi-open maps that let you loop around without really forcing you to backtrack, the best covenants in the series and a huge variety of weapons, dual wielding in particular was really fun to play with.

I liked 2 as well but I can see why people complained about its encounter design a little more clearly now, looking about. DS1&3 did a great job of using strategic enemy placement/terrain to provide distinct and interesting situational challenges for the player while 2 was really lackluster there - ds2 was really more about getting into regular, no-frills combats with enemies that were, at least, fairly unique and good for a rumble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

I hope the next DLC is carthus personally. I know I'm probably a minority here though.