Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Data Graham posted:

Judge: "The jury finds in favor of the defendants."
Defendants' lawyer: "LET MY PEOPLE GO"
US Marshal: *ZAP*

That's actually it. Marshals wanted to take his just-found-not-guilty client Ammon Bundy back to jail since he still has to stand trial in Nevada for the 2014 Bunkerville Standoff.
He 'protested' and yelled at the judge. Six marshals tazed him. Lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
No, his defendent is still in custody because he has a trial in NV. His lawyer was saying "Well you've found him not-guilty on this that means he's not-guilty of everything!"

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Kurieg posted:

No, his defendent is still in custody because he has a trial in NV. His lawyer was saying "Well you've found him not-guilty on this that means he's not-guilty of everything!"

The fact he was acquitted by jury with a lawyer that stupid makes me hate the jury even more.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

flosofl posted:

The fact he was acquitted by jury with a lawyer that stupid makes me hate the jury even more.

The lawyer knows what he’s doing.

Getting hit with that TASER is going to make him millions.

If I were guilty as hell, I’d hire him.

Sneaking one idiot on the jury and getting a hung jury is a job well done. Packing the jury with twelve idiots is a masterstroke. Johnnie Cochran has nothing on that.

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01
IT'S A PRANK!!!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/24-hour-overnight-challenger-says-he-ll-now-stop-1.3825211

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Crocoswine posted:

I don't like this can we go back to posting short videos, vines or otherwise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKbU8B-QVZk

Hell yes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x84GKqcpY4E

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45TFggAXeD4

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice
I know you all are freaking out, and I hate the Dildo Squad as much as the next guy, but maybe we should wait until we declare or entire justice system a failure. I mean, Italy still uses theirs and they overturned a a rape conviction because the girls pants were too tight.

Two Feet From Bread has a new favorite as of 08:56 on Oct 28, 2016

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Two Feet From Bread posted:

I know you all are freaking out, and I have the Dildo Squad as much as the next guy, but maybe we should wait until we declare or entire justice system a failure. I mean, Italy still uses theirs and they overturned a a rape conviction because the girls pants were too tight.

Was it Italy that almost convicted Seismologists for slightly underestimating an earthquake?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I know you all are freaking out, and I have the Dildo Squad as much as the next guy, but maybe we should wait until we declare or entire justice system a failure. I mean, Italy still uses theirs and they overturned a a rape conviction because the girls pants were too tight.

I'm sure you can both fit on the failure pedestal together.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

AlphaKretin posted:

Was it Italy that almost convicted Seismologists for slightly underestimating an earthquake?

Yes but I think they actually convicted them and then overturned the conviction.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Yeah you're right this is the only time ever that white people have unjustly walked on what should be very severe charges

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

AlphaKretin posted:

Convicted them for failing to predict it actually. You know, a thing that is impossible.

Osama Dozen-Dongs
Nov 29, 2014

Platystemon posted:

Yes but I think they actually convicted them and then overturned the conviction.

That's correct, they convicted everyone and then later overturned it for the actual scientists. The politician who translated a report of low risk into "go home and get drunk, nothing to see here" stayed convicted.

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Yeah you're right this is the only time ever that white people have unjustly walked on what should be very severe charges

The charges aren't even that serious. They could have gone with weapons possession charges in a federal building. My guess is that the Fed wants Bundy for the other incident more than they want him here. Probably because they can take his cows and land over the other incident.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

The charges aren't even that serious. They could have gone with weapons possession charges in a federal building. My guess is that the Fed wants Bundy for the other incident more than they want him here. Probably because they can take his cows and land over the other incident.

It's odd because conspiracy should, in theory, be the much easier charge to prove. Conspiracy charges are even referred to as "prosecutor's darlings" because it's so easy to make them stick. I think that the jury made a very deliberate choice voting the way they did as there was more than enough info to put them all away on conspiracy.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-B7FPz59O8

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Memento has a new favorite as of 13:13 on Oct 28, 2016

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I think there's a real case for an attractive nuisance here.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Random Stranger posted:

I think there's a real case for an attractive nuisance here.

Well all I know about attractive nuisances is from the seven seconds I spent on wikipedia, which informs me that an attractive nuisance only applies to children.

I assume trump-sign guy has had this happen before and if that's the case I'm kind of OK with it.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Memento posted:

I assume trump-sign guy has had this happen before and if that's the case I'm kind of OK with it.

Apparently I know someone who knows someone who knows the Trump sign guy (not kidding), and yes, he's had this happen before.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Yeah, I'm ok with fuckers that drive on someone else's lawn to get nails in their tire.

If you don't agree with someone's choice for Presidential candidate, you don't demonstrate that by trying to suppress their free speech on their own property. You do it by voting.

I swear both sides of the political divide have become so dickish and childish over the last 20 years.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

flosofl posted:

Yeah, I'm ok with fuckers that drive on someone else's lawn to get nails in their tire.

If you don't agree with someone's choice for Presidential candidate, you don't demonstrate that by trying to suppress their free speech on their own property. You do it by voting.

I swear both sides of the political divide have become so dickish and childish over the last 20 years.

Also you walk on their lawn and pull the signs off. Saves you tires.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

flosofl posted:

Well karmically folks will probably agree with you, but there is a legal question. Attractive nuisance, as Memento points out, appears to only affect kids. Booby trap laws also appear to only cover personal injury, not property injury.

chitoryu12 posted:

Sorry for the caption + commentary. This is the shortest version I could find:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_QHWVyJvwY

There are apparently others but I ain't going to sift through that poo poo

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Driving a two‐tonne death machine irresponsibly is uncool.

Also, if they’d aimed the car better, they would have straddled the spikes.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

flosofl posted:

Historical elections had fancier language but sometimes still just devolved into just as much petty bullshit as this one has. I've developed a new found love for history because as it turns out, the poo poo they didn't teach in school is actually hilarious and cool when it's not being really hosed up and depressing.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Nuebot posted:

Historical elections had fancier language but sometimes still just devolved into just as much petty bullshit as this one has. I've developed a new found love for history because as it turns out, the poo poo they didn't teach in school is actually hilarious and cool when it's not being really hosed up and depressing.

Yeah, I know.

It's just now that I'm older I get to pull the "THINGS WERE BETTER, MORE PURE WHEN I WAS YOUNG! LIKE BIG SHOULDER PADS AND POOFY HAIR!"

I just hate national elections. Not the elections themselves, but that it brings out the worst in just about everyone.

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice

chitoryu12 posted:

That's even worse. At least the owner can just unbend the signs.

Free speech is free speech. Period. Anyone who tries to stifle it based on race is racist. Anyone who tries to marginalized the victim based off the victim's race is equally as racist. There is no sliding scale. There is no 'your race had it good last decade so now it is mines turn.' Just be civil people to each other. gently caress.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

It's odd because conspiracy should, in theory, be the much easier charge to prove. Conspiracy charges are even referred to as "prosecutor's darlings" because it's so easy to make them stick. I think that the jury made a very deliberate choice voting the way they did as there was more than enough info to put them all away on conspiracy.
The weapons charge is 10 years per violation and is treated like underage sex, where the violation doesn't need intent and you can be conned into doing it. A violation is once per day (so if you enter the building at 23:59, once that minute hits you get a 2nd violation) or every time you enter a government building. So, leaving one building to go poop in the outhouse and then returning to the 1st building is 3 violations. So 30 years in federal jail just to take a poop.

You all probably won't believe me, but most gun owners are scared as poo poo of breaking the law while in possession of a firearm because of how the law reads with firearms. I won't even speed when I have a firearm.

Two Feet From Bread has a new favorite as of 14:25 on Oct 28, 2016

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Nuebot posted:

In 1800, when Vice-President Jefferson was running against President Madison, he had his team accuse Madison of being a "hideous hermaphroditical character, which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman" so Madison's people fired right back with calling Jefferson "a mean-spirited, low-lived fellow, the son of a half-breed Indian squaw, sired by a Virginia mulatto father." So sexist/racist/bigoted insults have a long history here. At least these two managed to write the Constitution before succumbing to lovely pettiness.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

I hope he opens a GoFundMe, I'll throw in $100. gently caress facists

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That's even worse. At least the owner can just unbend the signs.

Free speech is free speech. Period. Anyone who tries to stifle it based on race is racist. Anyone who tries to marginalized the victim based off the victim's race is equally as racist. There is no sliding scale. There is no 'your race had it good last decade so now it is mines turn.' Just be civil people to each other. gently caress.

lol

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

In 1800, when Vice-President Jefferson was running against President Madison, he had his team accuse Madison of being a "hideous hermaphroditical character, which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman" so Madison's people fired right back with calling Jefferson "a mean-spirited, low-lived fellow, the son of a half-breed Indian squaw, sired by a Virginia mulatto father." So sexist/racist/bigoted insults have a long history here. At least these two managed to write the Constitution before succumbing to lovely pettiness.

The same guy who printed the “hermaphroditic” insult (James T. Callender) later turned on Jefferson and revealed the Sally Hemmings affair.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Nuebot posted:

When Lincoln was nominated in 1860, the convention nominations were supported by loud applause and shouting as a sort of straw poll of popularity. Prior to the day of nomination and balloting, Lincoln's supporters forged thousands of tickets to the convention; they crowded in on the crucial morning, taking up much of the available seating and leaving Seward's supporters outside. The resulting approval noise overwhelmed supporters for the other candidates, suggesting to delegates which way the political winds were blowing.

http://www.greatamericanhistory.net/nomination.htm

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Nuebot posted:

Got any favorite examples? I love bringing stuff like that to the classroom when I can.

edit: I see some are already cropping up.

marshmallow creep has a new favorite as of 14:45 on Oct 28, 2016

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Trump supporters have a persecution complex, so ripping up their signs is only going to confirm their own beliefs and make them even more rabid in their support. Its counterproductive no matter how much you hate Trump's guts(and boy do I).

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Nobody wants Pennsylvania as a border state, that's a good enough argument for me! :colbert:

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

I can't really condone this. Mostly because there is nothing funnier than the day after an election when all of these signs are completely gone. While Trump rightfully inspires a lot of hate, it's something else when you go to work early in the morning and see these redfaced assholes fuming with defeat slink out to grab the sign and take them inside. I remember it fondly in 2012 when some guy with a big Romney sign (that was put out after the first debate) had to schlep that back in with all the grace of a man defeated on some deep, basic level. And I've seen Trump supporters with much, much bigger signs.

So don't let your hate get to you. You want revenge? Grab your phone and go outside and wait to see how many signs are still out right after midnight. That's when you can hear the swearing of the impotent loser as they try to salvage their dignity by pretending the sign was never there at all. It's beautiful to behold.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Nuebot posted:

The nitty-gritty details are often interesting, but not really things they have time to cover in schools until you get to a specialized college course. There's too much ground to cover to not just hit the broad strokes and keep moving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

So don't let your hate get to you. You want revenge? Grab your phone and go outside and wait to see how many signs are still out right after midnight. That's when you can hear the swearing of the impotent loser as they try to salvage their dignity by pretending the sign was never there at all. It's beautiful to behold.

Assuming Trump does lose(please God), its going to be some grade-A prime schadenfreude when we get to see all of that footage from his headquarters event where all the supporters are there crying their eyes out. It was great with Romney but it'll be ten times better this time.