Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Medullah posted:

My favorite has always been when my marauder uses force camouflage and doesn't reappear. Just two swords floating in air, like an Enchanter pet in EverQuest

Force Predator mode should be a real thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
I'm disappointed, other than the 'everyone shows up at my stronghold naked' incident, the only other jank that's happened to me is my Inquisitor ceasing to use any animations when interacting with things. On the one hand, no animation.

On the other, my Inquisitor stares at something and it explodes, so I'm not sure if I'm losing out.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

This isn't really jank, but sort of in the same vein: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLRBae5a7dk

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Medullah posted:

My favorite has always been when my marauder uses force camouflage and doesn't reappear. Just two swords floating in air, like an Enchanter pet in EverQuest

Hell, for a while by BH's gloves would vanish so a pair of starforged blasters would just hover near her arm stumps in combat

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Magmarashi posted:

Hell, for a while by BH's gloves would vanish so a pair of starforged blasters would just hover near her arm stumps in combat

There used to be a fun bug when bodyguard mercs blasters healed people (instead of stupid kolto dart) where the source of bullets would stay even when you moved so you'd be on one side of the room while green blasts shot across the other side.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Aw, they got rid of healing lasers? That was one of the best absurd MMO game mechanics ever, up there with City of Heroes' gravity controllers opening portals to the forklift dimension.

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Oct 28, 2016

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.
Cartel Market Pass Compensation info

240 CC - Weekly Pass: Flashpoints
240 CC - Weekly Pass: Operations
240 CC - Weekly Pass: Space Missions
240 CC - Weekly Pass: Warzones
4,320 CC - 180-Day Pass: Starfighter
720 CC - 30-Day Pass: Starfighter
240 CC - 7-Day Pass: Starfighter

They just can't be in a guild bank when 5.0 drops.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

I'm curious, after all the fuss, how many people were actually using those? Not that I'm saying it's good for them to go away, just I've always been subbed when I've been playing the game so I don't really have a frame of reference of what its like trying to do endgame stuff while preferred or hell, even f2p (seems like more trouble than worth for just $15/mo.)

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Berke Negri posted:

I'm curious, after all the fuss, how many people were actually using those? Not that I'm saying it's good for them to go away, just I've always been subbed when I've been playing the game so I don't really have a frame of reference of what its like trying to do endgame stuff while preferred or hell, even f2p (seems like more trouble than worth for just $15/mo.)

I've wondered that myself. I've never seen them on the GTN at a price someone f2p or preferred could afford with the credit caps they have, and going from how some on the SWTOR forums are talking, the subs buy the pass tokens and throw them in their guild banks for the f2p/preferreds to use. But considering the other restrictions they have with gear, I've wondered if it was even worth it to attempt endgame stuff when f2p/preferred.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Yeah, I'd be curious how many madmen were actually playing the game as truly f2p, the restrictions were pretty limited (though, given how streamlined and, much to the dismay of reddit i guess, easier the story game has been made not as much an issue) you'd have to be a real like insanely misguided dedicated person to be doing endgame stuff at a legit level as just f2p instead of just spending 15 bucks one month.

Preferred is another bag, but I don't know all the details.

edit: though i checked reddit today before the uprising livestream and my favorite one was the first, which was more or less "is this the livestream for multiplayer content? or the one for four player uprising content?"

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

teacup posted:

1. I figured being made by bioware this game will avoid the usual jank I've seen in a lot of other f2p mmos? IS THIS TRUE

2. How difficult is it playing a healer while levelling? Is there any companion class?

3. I'm seeing a lot of "sub with something to get some benefits", how much do they turn on or off? I'm happy to get that Amazon one for 90 days time but after that will it be like suddenly my inventory turns to poo poo and I'm only able to hold 3 items and 2 dollars?

1) The game is more than playable in F2P, especially if you want to see the vanilla content 1-50.

2) It's a bit slower than levelling as a dps, for obvious reasons, but people will love you in group content. Companions join you at a steady pace and can take on any role

3) Subbing will unlock ALL of the expansions up to and including the latest one. Being unsubbed sticks some restrictions on endgame content, and gives you a money cap (you still HAVE your money, but can't spend in excess of 350,000 at once. You won't need to spend anything like that amount of money on anything except cosmetics). I'd say the game is more than playable as free/preferred at least up until the point where you're locked out of expansions, and especially so if it's your first time through as you'll be getting more exp than you need just from exploring different questlines that paid up players can afford to miss.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

M_Sinistrari posted:

I've wondered that myself. I've never seen them on the GTN at a price someone f2p or preferred could afford with the credit caps they have, and going from how some on the SWTOR forums are talking, the subs buy the pass tokens and throw them in their guild banks for the f2p/preferreds to use. But considering the other restrictions they have with gear, I've wondered if it was even worth it to attempt endgame stuff when f2p/preferred.

There were people posting pictures of their vaults filled with them. I never really looked for them on the GTN but I know alot of people hoarded them and bought whatever they saw for when they dropped to preferred.

I do hope they come out with some alternative for those masochists who can't afford $15 a month but don't mind grinding credits for hour upon hour in their brief sub times to be able to play only slightly gimped when they go preferred. :)

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

We'll have to dream up a fun contest. Perhaps something with pubbie shaming.

The best hatetells for running FPs badly.
The cheesiest propositions whilst sitting around a social hub dressed in your sexy outfits.
The worst dressed pub+comp screenshot.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Crystal/Comm conversion rates!

1 Warzone Commendation = 50 Credits
1 Common Crystal = 500 credits
1 Glowing Crystal = 1,000 credits
1 Radiant Crystal = 1,500 credits

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

And here I was feeling pretty good after pooling all my WZ comms and coming out with 25K. :(

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Medullah posted:

So wait, a character capped on crystals is going to be getting over a million free credits? God drat that is WAY more than I thought we'd be getting.

E: 1.75m if I've done my maths right!

Waldorf Sixpence fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Oct 28, 2016

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Because I'm a nerd - Spreadsheet for easy conversion figuring out

Right now it's going to be better to burn through your common crystals and sell the grade 6 companion gifts.

Warzone comms come out to be about 10,300,000 credits or a full set of 208 gear - I would probably recommend buying at least the set gear for classes you don't have, will more likely be more useful than credits doing KOET.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

So wait, a character capped on crystals is going to be getting over a million free credits? God drat that is WAY more than I thought we'd be getting.

E: 1.75m if I've done my maths right!

Max of 2 million credits per character though, so look at that. My Sorc is WAY over due to WZ comms.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Figured it wouldn't be much I went head and converted all my WZ comms to adrenals. Not that 10k Adrenals are any more useful than some pocket change.

It may (or may not) be harder to gear alts but at least you don't have to keep track of all the crystals.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Figured it wouldn't be much I went head and converted all my WZ comms to adrenals. Not that 10k Adrenals are any more useful than some pocket change.

It may (or may not) be harder to gear alts but at least you don't have to keep track of all the crystals.

I'm actually glad it wasn't that much. I just dumped 25k worth of warzone comms buying some decorations.

If it had been some obscene amount we'd be dealing with even more inflation post 5.0.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
MORE GIFTS FOR THE GIFT THRONE

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

I was trying not to laugh at people predicting 'inflation' with alt currency being converted to credits. We've been in the MMO game long enough to know that the conversion rate is always a meaningless amount in the end unless you're maxed out on whatever guff currency over multiple characters.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Magmarashi posted:

I was trying not to laugh at people predicting 'inflation' with alt currency being converted to credits. We've been in the MMO game long enough to know that the conversion rate is always a meaningless amount in the end unless you're maxed out on whatever guff currency over multiple characters.

Well, to be fair, those of us that are talking about it have watched inflation in the game skyrocket in the last 12 months. The introduction of Heroics with no meaningful money sink means everyone has a metric fuckton of credits.

Two years ago credits were hard to come by, and pre-outfit designer every time you wanted to change into a different look it cost you hundreds of thousands of credits to do so since you had to pull mods and re-augment.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Magmarashi posted:

Sometimes, on my Jugg, I throw my saber and it doesn't come back to me. I get stuck in the pose and can run around looking like an idiot until I use another combat action, and it persists through mounting.

Other times, the saber comes back but I stay in the pose with it whirling around just out of grasp under my hand.

It's beautiful.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Non-entity when are you going to make that lightsaber shooting cannon that I asked for.

Incidentally, I added to the OP a link to a Discord channel that Carb put together so we can chat in and out of game.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Medullah posted:

Max of 2 million credits per character though, so look at that. My Sorc is WAY over due to WZ comms.

Reading the SWTOR forums thread about the conversion, there's some that have enough WZ comms that with the conversion cap, they're looking at losing at least 10 million credits easy.

I wish we knew what the Odessen gifts vendor's prices are going to be in credits to help figure out if it'd be worth it to sit on what I've got or blow it all on gifts since I'm not at the max crystal cap on any of my characters.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

M_Sinistrari posted:

Reading the SWTOR forums thread about the conversion, there's some that have enough WZ comms that with the conversion cap, they're looking at losing at least 10 million credits easy.

I wish we knew what the Odessen gifts vendor's prices are going to be in credits to help figure out if it'd be worth it to sit on what I've got or blow it all on gifts since I'm not at the max crystal cap on any of my characters.

Prices on grade 6 gifts are dropping like a rock. I listed a bunch right when the announcement came out at 130k each (cheapest price) and there's already some for 50k. :(

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I'm sure the millions you already have will console you sufficiently during this trying time.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

Prices on grade 6 gifts are dropping like a rock. I listed a bunch right when the announcement came out at 130k each (cheapest price) and there's already some for 50k. :(

Sucker. I sold all my grade 5 and 6 stacks last week for over 15 mil :D

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

I wish I had millions but I can't help buying outfits to unlock.

Of which I am up to 150.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

:siren: LET'S DO A CONTEST!!!! :siren:

In honor of Halloween, let's do a costume contest! Between now and say, next Sunday 11/6, post a picture of you in your best costume! It can be scary! It can be creepy! It can be sexy! Bonus points for environmental costumes!

We'll either judge them or do random drawings depending on the number of entries. First prize will be a Senya's Lightsaber Pike donated by Non-Entity, and there are a bunch of other nice things in the guild bank to give away.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ugh even crafting is getting into the RNG game in KOTET -

official forums posted:

Hey folks,

As we discussed yesterday on the livestream, one of the goals of crafting is that it will be a mechanism where someone can gear up an alt, catch up to their friends, or even gear an off-spec. With the launch of Eternal Throne you will find that there is a new grade of materials and higher level items which can be learned from your Crafting Trainer. For endgame crafting, the intent is that you will be able to craft items which are within 2 item rating of the best gear in that tier, but without a set bonus. The exception to this rule is tier 1, where you will be able to craft items equivalent to the best item rating in that tier. All of the gear that you craft in this matter will be static, meaning that you cannot move mods. However, crafters will also be able to craft mods of those same item levels.

If that is confusing let me give you some examples using made up numbers from Fallen Empire:
Tier 1 – 216 with set bonus
Tier 2 – 220 with set bonus
Tier 3 – 224 with set bonus

You would be able to craft at the following ratings:
Tier 1 – 216 without a set bonus
Tier 2 – 218 without a set bonus
Tier 3 – 222 without a set bonus

Let’s talk about how you get access to craft these items.
Gear: You will earn the schematics to craft gear from their respective Command Crates. Ex: You will get schematics to craft tier 1 gear inside of tier 1 Command Crates. These schematics will require materials earned from Conquests in order to craft them.
Mods: You will earn the schematics to craft mods through either reverse engineering the mod, PvP, or looting the schematic from an Operation boss. These schematics will require materials earned from Operations or PvP in order to craft them.

This is a summary of how crafting relates to gearing in Eternal Throne. Let me know if you have any questions.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Medullah posted:

:siren: LET'S DO A CONTEST!!!! :siren:

In honor of Halloween, let's do a costume contest! Between now and say, next Sunday 11/6, post a picture of you in your best costume! It can be scary! It can be creepy! It can be sexy! Bonus points for environmental costumes!

We'll either judge them or do random drawings depending on the number of entries. First prize will be a Senya's Lightsaber Pike donated by Non-Entity, and there are a bunch of other nice things in the guild bank to give away.

Do I have to be in the goon guild to participate or no?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

M_Sinistrari posted:

Do I have to be in the goon guild to participate or no?

Well it would be preferred. Why AREN'T you in the goon guild???

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Medullah posted:

Well it would be preferred. Why AREN'T you in the goon guild???

In all honesty, depending on when I first learned there was a steady goon guild on JC, I either had lovely luck getting in touch with someone for an invite or because I'm one of *those* types who while I might not raid, do like to actually be a contributing member to the guild to the best of my ability and felt that I'd drop the ball on that part at the time for whatever reason and be doing the guild a disservice. My track record with the STO goon guild goes from contributing like a madwoman to not logging in for ages with I think my current record being 10 months absent.

I am in the Retsupurae guild the Let's Play group set up on Harbinger, and I did set up a more of a shared personal bank type guild with my fiance on JC. I do have unguilded characters on both factions on JC to join either or both goon guilds.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

M_Sinistrari posted:

In all honesty, depending on when I first learned there was a steady goon guild on JC, I either had lovely luck getting in touch with someone for an invite or because I'm one of *those* types who while I might not raid, do like to actually be a contributing member to the guild to the best of my ability and felt that I'd drop the ball on that part at the time for whatever reason and be doing the guild a disservice. My track record with the STO goon guild goes from contributing like a madwoman to not logging in for ages with I think my current record being 10 months absent.

I am in the Retsupurae guild the Let's Play group set up on Harbinger, and I did set up a more of a shared personal bank type guild with my fiance on JC. I do have unguilded characters on both factions on JC to join either or both goon guilds.

Dude, That's No Goon and Goon Squad are 100% a social guild (and not even that social). If you're unguilded, definitely ask one of us to invite you up. We don't do anything even remotely challenging like hard mode raiding or ranked PvP or conquest - it's laid back and essentially just an IRC channel for goons playing Star Wars.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Medullah posted:

Dude, That's No Goon and Goon Squad are 100% a social guild (and not even that social). If you're unguilded, definitely ask one of us to invite you up. We don't do anything even remotely challenging like hard mode raiding or ranked PvP or conquest - it's laid back and essentially just an IRC channel for goons playing Star Wars.

Okay. I'll start getting characters in the guilds. Talking it over with my fiance, we really don't use our private guild bank anymore since we have Legacy storage now.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Alright, I'll resub for that lightsaber pike. Finally I can have a Jedi Shadow or Sith Assassin that doesn't look dumb as poo poo.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Chickenwalker posted:

Alright, I'll resub for that lightsaber pike. Finally I can have a Jedi Shadow or Sith Assassin that doesn't look dumb as poo poo.

Hope you got a lot of money. It's like 200 million right now. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

Of course it is. Also I have returned to this drat game, time to check out the other stories.

• Locked thread