Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Clearly businesses are producing in anticipation of a Trump landslide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Donald Trump's infrastructure plan: $1 trillion in roads for free!

By the way, the plan's tax revenue estimates assume that nobody working on the construction projects was paying income tax.

Oh yes, just what I want: every road a toll road. My libertarian fanfics are coming to life before my eyes!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Night10194 posted:

I believe they're still polling people and just asking if they already voted, because who's a more likely voter than someone who already early voted?

The thing is some of the variance in the polls is based on differences in likely voter screening. Our big hope should be that the +10/+12 ones are more accurate in who's likely to vote this year.

Basically, the main outcomes likely right now are 'normal but comfortable victory' or 'Actually Clinton landslide.'

Oh okay. There goes that theory. :shobon: My guess is Clinton by 6-8% based on GOTV but the early voting is pretty positive. Shame about the House but it was always a pipe dream.

Texas though :getin:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Chokes McGee posted:

Oh okay. There goes that theory. :shobon: My guess is Clinton by 6-8% based on GOTV but the early voting is pretty positive. Shame about the House but it was always a pipe dream.

Texas though :getin:

We'll see what happens. We've never had a modern election where the GOP candidate did not have ANY attempt to get out the vote, and the average of the national polling still has Clinton ahead of where Obama actually won in 2012. Obama's still popular and Clinton has the resources for a big final push while Trump is actually out of moneys. It's not too late for the dream yet.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Somewhere, Donald Trump suddenly shouts out "Wrong!" and he doesn't know why.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Bernie could have given this country 5% growth but alas it'll never be :smith:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Night10194 posted:

We'll see what happens. We've never had a modern election where the GOP candidate did not have ANY attempt to get out the vote, and the average of the national polling still has Clinton ahead of where Obama actually won in 2012. Obama's still popular and Clinton has the resources for a big final push while Trump is actually out of moneys. It's not too late for the dream yet.

Given how it was a month or two ago, I'll take a Clinton win and a good to excellent chance of the Senate.

But daaaaang if she can get 4% from the wide GOTV disparity and/or the polling is inaccurate because it's all over the place, it's gonna be hilarious.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Is that supposed to be a hard choice?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

america is terrible, our economy is failing, trump 2016.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Chokes McGee posted:

Given how it was a month or two ago, I'll take a Clinton win and a good to excellent chance of the Senate.

But daaaaang if she can get 4% from the wide GOTV disparity and/or the polling is inaccurate because it's all over the place, it's gonna be hilarious.

My spooge point is getting rid of Rubio. First because it'll kill his political career, but second because I'll be submitting a flag request to his office on the 9th.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
https://twitter.com/CookPolitical/status/791965977021861889

I like how the question now becomes how much Hillary wins by, and how much of a margin the Democrats will have in the Senate. :getin:

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice
The WaPo tracking poll is swinging wildly, down to C+4 today. It was C+12 just a few days ago. It shows huge swings in independents and white women. Just noise or a real "coming home" among Republicans?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Big growth is actually bad for the economy, as counter-intuitive as that seems. I forget the specifics though but if I remember right, it accelerates the whole boom/bust cycle if you grow too fast.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Arzyjng is good because it reminds people "don't be complacent", and I am doing more than my fair share of it, but for our brother and sister goons with anxiety disorders , just remember that Hillary's firewall is holding.

Trump needs to not only win every swing state, he needs to turn at least one very solidly Clinton state. Pennsylvania is obviously the big prize, and it's still holding firm.

Not to mention there was good speculation about secret Hillary supporters- women who won't admit to voting HRC in front of their diehard Trump husbands, but will have their own feminist moment at the polls in secrecy.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Am I misremembering, or did Y'all Qaeda threaten to shoot any cops or feds or whoever tried to enter the refuge? I remember them threatening to shoot at least some sort of person if they tried to enter the refuge, in addition to their talk of lynching the local sheriff for not giving them everything they wanted. I'm wondering how that didn't get factored in to the whole thing.

Ugh. I hope Oregon brings a case against them or something on all the charges they weren't tried on, since there are so many illegal things they did that the federal government didn't even try to get them on. I mean, people made it sound like that was still possible. Is it? The Nevada stuff should bring down the Bundy family but the other idiots need to be brought to justice here too.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Sky Shadowing posted:

Not to mention there was good speculation about secret Hillary supporters- women who won't admit to voting HRC in front of their diehard Trump husbands, but will have their own feminist moment at the polls in secrecy.

Oh look what I found, just about this:
https://twitter.com/allahpundit/status/791981833411887104
https://twitter.com/LPDonovan/status/791994595504689152

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx

TyrantWD posted:

Has there been a presidential candidate not tied to Goldman Sachs? The guy leading Trump's fundraising efforts is second generation Goldman Sachs royalty.

You know who else paid Hillary for a speech? Gap, A&E and Xerox. Is the election really a choice between Trump and affordable clothing, or bad TV, or printers?

Yes, but she also took donations from their employees. And employees of many, many other industries.

Trying saying them out loud. "Hillary Clinton is controlled by Big Education" doesn't resonate (((or echo))) the same way that "Hillary Clinton is a puppet of international finance" does. Totally stunned that the techbro lolbertarian who believes in refrigerating cell phones has dumbass lovely opinions.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Litany Unheard posted:

Trump hired a former Goldman Sachs partner back in May as his campaign finance chair, so it's actually entirely wrong?

That's interesting, I was not aware of that! Even so, the Clinton camp has close ties with GS going back to the 90s, certainly closer than Trump. Not that it matters, because, you know, Trump.

Nocturtle posted:

Yes that was my actual point. It was such straightforward theft and he was so obviously guilty that even some of the nullifiers couldn't vote not guilty, maybe out of some nagging concern about "rule of law". The fact that he wasn't found guilty tells you all you need to know about the overall disposition of the jury.

Why do you think he wasn't convicted on this charge?

That depends, are we talking about the guy with the car or Bundy with the cameras? The latter I really don't think was theft, and I can't say much about the former because all the coverage seems to focus on the Bundys rather than Medenbach. I'd have to know more about the specific cicrumstances, such as whether the Truck was actually removed from the refuge, how often, how it was used, and so on.

Necc0 posted:

My bro did you even watch any of the web streams as it happened?

I did!

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

nachos posted:

Feels like the last couple weeks have been all Wikileaks poo poo so the electorate races right back to trump and the default C+4-6 state of this race
The wikileaks nonsense is keeping Clinton in the news, even though they are big nothingburgers. And "being in the news" has been really bad this election.

538's odds are dropping like a rock and me = :derp::derp::derp:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Considering a lot of people have voted already I would not start freaking out.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Meanwhile, :mensch:
https://twitter.com/ChrisSnyderFox/status/791996666488426496
https://twitter.com/ChrisSnyderFox/status/791996856410701824

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

AhhYes posted:

The WaPo tracking poll is swinging wildly, down to C+4 today. It was C+12 just a few days ago. It shows huge swings in independents and white women. Just noise or a real "coming home" among Republicans?

This is the stuff that makes me think we have no clue what the actual percentage is. I like to :bubblewoop: as the next Hillary supporter when we get the double digit polls, but it's been all over the place, and it seems like it has been this entire time.

I should probably just stick to the Princeton estimate. When that starts ticking up towards double digits, I'll really throw the confetti.

Marlows
Nov 4, 2009
To all those arzying: How did you make it through 2012, 2004, or 2000?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

dwarf74 posted:

The wikileaks nonsense is keeping Clinton in the news, even though they are big nothingburgers. And "being in the news" has been really bad this election.

I'm reasonably certain no one gives one single solitary poo poo about Wikileaks. Occam's Razor suggests a lot of Republicans' bluffs are being called and they're starting to come home.

Which means "reasonable" Republicans are a mirage and they're showing their true colors :mad:

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Looks like Conway is moving towards the "I will keep you in suspense" argument. A sensible pose.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Marlows posted:

Booze. And volunteering. (Not at the same time)

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

They've said this how many times now and it's never happened.

I mean two weeks from the election he is taking time out to do a business event for himself, he clearly knows he's screwed despite his rhetoric.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

dwarf74 posted:

87% to 81% = dropping like a rock?

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I mean my fingers are crossed that there's one more major oppo bomb that's going to come out the week of/before the election to try and maximize the swing, but a 4 to 6 point victory is acceptable too.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Chokes McGee posted:

I'm reasonably certain no one gives one single solitary poo poo about Wikileaks. Occam's Razor suggests a lot of Republicans' bluffs are being called and they're starting to come home.

Which means "reasonable" Republicans are a mirage and they're showing their true colors :mad:

Yup. Trump was right; he could murder a man in the street and the Moderate Republicans would be saying "b.b.but the Supreme Court :ohdear:"

The narrative of this election should be "people coming out in droves to vote against Trump and for Hillary despite Republicans not really dropping support of their scumbag bigot" but it will be about how Republicans simply couldn't vote for such a bad candidate.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

TyrantWD posted:

I also think the threat of right wing terrorism is overblown. There will be some vandalism at worst, and a lot more chatter and interest in militia groups, but we are not going to see any violence. The people who threaten violence aren't people who are down and out with nothing to lose. Sure some nutcases might plot some terrorist activity, like those 3 guys who were arrested a few weeks ago, but I'd be surprised if there weren't dozens of threats such as those that get nipped in the bud, and it just doesn't make the news.

Yeah, agreed.

The uptick in lone wolf types who we can't possibly understand or comprehend their political motivations on the other hand, though...

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Marlows posted:

I was 16 in 2000 so in that election I was busy with other poo poo because I didn't loving vote.

The other two? Volunteering, drinking, and the knowledge that at least the GOP guy wasn't planning to jail reporters or ban Muslims or molest women.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Chokes McGee posted:

The biggest anti-arzy for this is that the CNN/ORC poll with him at 90% GOP support already still had him down 5% nationally, lol.

Blorange
Jan 31, 2007

A wizard did it

dwarf74 posted:

http://www.270towin.com/maps/princeton-election-consortium

Just watch PEC's map, commence arzying if this drops below a solid 270+ for Hillary.

That's the Trump+2 map, and he's still losing. :woop:

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

This was the part of the primary where I realized the media was committed to horseracing it come hell or high water.

Bernie Campaign: "Our economic plans are actually going to generate surpluses because the economy will grow at 5% annually..."

Experts: "that's optimistic, but somewhat plausible in the near term given the nature of the recovery"

Bernie: "every year. For a decade"

Experts: :yikes:

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

[url=https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3876906]
Trump doing a little better this past week is nothing new. The same thing happened in September when he managed to keep his mouth shut for a while. It's just so-called moderate Republicans slowly coming back to him. If the Clinton campaign has a big tape or something that drops in time, maybe we'll get the double digit landslide we all want. For now, it's looking like a solid Clinton win/Senate win and that's good enough for me.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Sky Shadowing posted:

Arzyjng is good because it reminds people "don't be complacent",

If only the candidate herself said "Don't be complacent, this will be a close race", then maybe it wouldn't be necessary.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Meanwhile, in tech land:
https://twitter.com/sergenyt/status/791998482173267968

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

If people are Arzying about losing the Senate, fine.

If you are honest to god worried that Trump is going to be President, you're being completely ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Queering Wheel posted:

Trump doing a little better this past week is nothing new. The same thing happened in September when he managed to keep his mouth shut for a while. It's just so-called moderate Republicans slowly coming back to him. If the Clinton campaign has a big tape or something that drops in time, maybe we'll get the double digit landslide we all want. For now, it's looking like a solid Clinton win/Senate win and that's good enough for me.

Seriously the outcome will be this.

• Locked thread