Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

The sassiest world geometry in all of Azeroth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Adding PS+ time always goes on the end of your current subscription so it doesn't matter when you put the 3 month card on you'd still get 15 days + 3 months.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I think the only catch is you can use trial days before you add the three months, but not the other way around.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

glam rock hamhock posted:

I think the only catch is you can use trial days before you add the three months, but not the other way around.

Well DUH. I know what a trial is.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Snak posted:

This game sounds awesome. That guy rules.

Wamdoodle posted:

That guy sounds like he owns. I'm going to have to start that game up.

Anodyne's cool! It's like Link's Awakening crossed with Yume Nikki so far and I'm enjoying it in short chunks. I'm not very far in yet, but it's got this fantastic atmosphere and I'm enjoying poking things with my broom.

e: There's a shop person dude who wants to sell me a gun for 499.99$. I've never bought a gun before outside of a video game so I have no idea if that's a reasonable price or not.

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Oct 28, 2016

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
That's about right actually, for a handgun at least

Anodyne looks really cool

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Out of all versions of Titanfall 2: Electric Boogaloo the PS4 version is the one to get right. I assume Xboner will probably have 40 players online worldwide unless you're in NA or UK and PC will be dead after a week or two.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Looper posted:

That's about right actually, for a handgun at least

Anodyne looks really cool

Cool - that's what he was selling. I don't have any money on me, so I traded a box to him for some shoes. I'm now over at the cliffs doing a zelda-style dungeon with some light jumping puzzles and it continues to be weird in a neat dreamlike way.

Also - I can't help myself, I like to be helpful: Anodyne's still a dollar over at bundlestars.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Titanfall 2 kicks rear end.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I had a lot of fun in the beta despite the bugs. I might consider getting it depending on how fast I blow through WoFF and if I'm feeling like some FPS shenanigans.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

good metroidvania rabi-ribi got free halloween dlc today :toot:

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
Apparently someone at Bizarro-Namco got the idea to commit necromancy on Klonoa's corpse.

http://gematsu.com/2016/10/klonoa-anime-film-development-henshin

I do have faint hope they're attempting some kind of a general revival since Klonoa 2 is a pain to emulate and can't be bought as a PS2 Classic.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I hope so Klonoa 1 is one of my favourite platform games.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Namco just signs off on weird poo poo with dead franchises.

Remember that they okayed a dating sim with dead Namco characters done by the Homestuck guy.

Also Dig Dug is in the same universe as Ace Combat.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'm playing red dead redemption for the first time and it's pretty good, but one of the early missions about the lynching of the rancher daughter is kinda messed up.

If they didn't have her beaten up with ripped clothes after the bandits spend a bunch of time talking about raping her I might buy the handling of it, but uhhh. How does this end with a shrug and a smile?

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Phantasium posted:

Namco just signs off on weird poo poo with dead franchises.

Remember that they okayed a dating sim with dead Namco characters done by the Homestuck guy.

Also Dig Dug is in the same universe as Ace Combat.

Did he release the official homestuck game or is it still in $2.5M limbo?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

funny Star Wars parody posted:

yeah but then how will nerds feel superior about something

where's the fun in that old bean

The problem with letting people do things how they want is that they influence the market as a whole which in turn affects me.

For instance, because we PC gamers allowed the XBox 1 to thrive, we ended up getting shafted with sequels to PC games that were severely limited by the console's memory capacity, and when we did get them (usually much later) the port was terrible, unoptimized, awful UIs designed around a low-resolution television and a controller and other things that would never have happened if we hadn't been so lax.

Things have cooled down a bit now, with consoles having pretty much caught up to the PC and most games being universally released, anyway. But the moment we let our guard down, it could happen again. We must be on our toes, vigilant at all times.

Edit: By the way, when I say "XBox 1," I mean the first XBox. What is the appropriate nomenclature for that? XBox classic?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

credburn posted:

But the moment we let our guard down, it could happen again. We must be on our toes, vigilant at all times.

yah my dude stay vigilant make sure those darn game devs actually pay attention this time!!!!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

please don't oppress console gamers

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Why did you allow the Xbone to thrive? You should have killed it and let it just be PC and PS4.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The console wars are just a way for the elites to keep ourselves occupied because if we ever join forces we could change this world.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
No Man's Sky was a mistake.

https://twitter.com/hellogames/status/791984881219756033

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
They already made it private

http://imgur.com/tcw29AN

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

MMF Freeway posted:

lmao

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

holy moly

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
hahahahah.

Hey, remember when all those right wing nutjobs occupied that federal wildlife office in Oregon? Well it all took a very Metal Gear Solid twist: 9 of the 16 perps turned out to federal informants. That's right. More than half.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

MMF Freeway posted:

Apparently it was "tweeted from LinkedIn" and was a hack. Obviously. But still, funny.

Funnier is that someone on Reddit estimates Sean Murray made 46 million from NMS.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

Apparently it was "tweeted from LinkedIn" and was a hack. Obviously. But still, funny.

Yeah totally that and not a drunken depressed person.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

precision posted:

Funnier is that someone on Reddit estimates Sean Murray made 46 million from NMS.

Made 46 million gamers disappointed, that is!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Red Bones posted:

Made 46 million gamers disappointed, that is!

Nice

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

precision posted:

Its a good start but not enough to go full Notch.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

polygon says it was murray who tweeted it hachi machi

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

precision posted:

The polygon confirmation article for reference: http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/28/13453440/no-man-sky-creator-game-was-a-mistake

Don't know why he would confirm it instead of just letting people think it was a hack lol

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

MMF Freeway posted:

The polygon confirmation article for reference: http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/28/13453440/no-man-sky-creator-game-was-a-mistake

Don't know why he would confirm it instead of just letting people think it was a hack lol

haha "u ok hun?"

no, no they aren't

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Jordan7hm posted:

I'm playing red dead redemption for the first time and it's pretty good, but one of the early missions about the lynching of the rancher daughter is kinda messed up.

If they didn't have her beaten up with ripped clothes after the bandits spend a bunch of time talking about raping her I might buy the handling of it, but uhhh. How does this end with a shrug and a smile?

Rockstar always does this kinda poo poo.

Snak posted:

Hey, remember when all those right wing nutjobs occupied that federal wildlife office in Oregon? Well it all took a very Metal Gear Solid twist: 9 of the 16 perps turned out to federal informants. That's right. More than half.

Do you have a source for that, because I can't find anything to verify it.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Oct 28, 2016

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

MMF Freeway posted:

god drat

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Lurdiak posted:

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/10/oregon_standoff_verdicts_annou.html -- ctrl+f "informants"

protip: go to google news and ctrl+f "highly cited" and "most referenced" to find the actual stuff worth reading.

Just to put this into context, though: just because they were "informants" doesn't mean they were plants or whatever. It just means that they were recruited by the FBI to turn on their own people or at least to keep the FBI informed on what was going on internally with their group. Part of the reason why the jury apparently acquitted all of them was because the government wasn't willing to disclose who the informants were or put them up on the stand, so the defense lawyer made it seem like they were all provocateurs and plants... and the government couldn't reveal their secrets so the defense's bluff wasn't called and the jury gave them reasonable doubt. That's just my understanding of it, anyway.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

it's like phoenix wright in real life

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah apparently I don't. There were 15 confidential informants used in the case, but the claim I read that 9 of them were present, and that this constituted 3/5 of them (the others being the 7 actual defendants in the case) seems to have been completely erroneous. I can't find anything to back it up either.

So, I'm dumb.

But they were all still found not guilty, because of this clusterfuck. So that part's still funny.

edit:

Love Stole the Day posted:

Just to put this into context, though: just because they were "informants" doesn't mean they were plants or whatever. It just means that they were recruited by the FBI to turn on their own people or at least to keep the FBI informed on what was going on internally with their group. Part of the reason why the jury apparently acquitted all of them was because the government wasn't willing to disclose who the informants were or put them up on the stand, so the defense lawyer made it seem like they were all provocateurs and plants... and the government couldn't reveal their secrets so the defense's bluff wasn't called and the jury gave them reasonable doubt. That's just my understanding of it, anyway.

Additionally, they way they were charged seems to have been that they were charged with preventing federal employees from doing their jobs, with the thread of violence/guns etc. But the office they were occupying was closed for the season and no one was present, so they weren't actually preventing anyone from doing poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Snak posted:

Why did you allow the Xbone to thrive? You should have killed it and let it just be PC and PS4.

The XBone doesn't really affect PCs anymore. It only hurts the console market.

It reminds me of those old "Truth" anti-smoking ads that were paid for by the tobacco industry and intentionally designed to be counter-productive to what it was portraying itself as.

• Locked thread