Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

we all do friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Safehouse now has Halloween decorations! Looks like we're going to get seasonal flair throughout the year?

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
they better replace every single hoxton safehouse line with an entire song from Merry Payday Christmas

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

should be singing this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oN9jhPnXgs

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

THE CHORSE posted:

Also, git gud already. It isn't even that hard.

Git that driver real gud.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Crabtree posted:

Safehouse now has Halloween decorations! Looks like we're going to get seasonal flair throughout the year?

I really expect a saint patrick's day one for clover.

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

So I tried to slap together my usual allotment of 5 builds that I like to keep around - Stealth, Dodge, Sentry Gun, Assault, and Shenangians

Stealth: http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mhjl:ekl:tCFHKL:gABCDEFJKLPQr:fF:ibcdea:pB8::w56-1-12:s25-1-8:a1
No explination necessary, the idea is I take everything needed for stealth. Jack of All Trades is there to carry both ECMs and Shaped Charges,

Assault: http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mABDEFr:eaBCDEFGJKLr:tLPR:gl:ibcdea:pM8::w76-23-4-11-28-18-13-20:s32-24-32-14-43-1-7-41-38:a7
Basically a "Crime Dad" sort of build - the idea is that I roll this when I'm with pubs or newbies to the game. I can generally pick them up and shotgun away the major threats. Won't be used on anything higher than Overkill, honestly.

Dodge: http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/gGHJKLMNOQr:fABCDEF:ibcdea:pN8::w73-9-4-10:s49-2-7-10:a1
It is a dodge build

Sentry Gun: http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mgHIJKL:elMNPR:tABCDEFR:ibcdea:pS8::w36-6-4-5::a6
All sentry gun skills, almost all hostage skills, I am my own arena team. Fear us/me. Second weapon is the China Puff.

And Shenangians is whatever fun/wonky build people are talking about that I want to see what the fuss is about. Or just whenever something hits me.

How terrible are my builds and how terrible am I?

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

You're not going to use shaped charges in stealth except in goofy situations like Ukrainian Job on Overkill or below, where you just run in and blow the safes and leave.
You'd be better off putting those skills into carrying around body bag cases, or berserker for sawing poo poo.

For turrets, dump the ammo skills and bring six turrets instead, put those points into melee skills so you can run around with a katana grabbing gun food from cops. Bring shurikens, cards, or some low damage firearm to get jokers. DON'T use bows, the RPG, and miniguns with turrets. The turrets will eat up the ammo from those weapons and you can't get those back from dead cops.

I'd also recommend having one of your five profiles be set to specialize in shaped charges for the blue moon when people actually play transport heists.

Concordat fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Oct 28, 2016

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Concordat posted:

You're not going to use shaped charges in stealth except in goofy situations like Ukrainian Job on Overkill or below, where you just run in and blow the safes and leave.
You'd be better off putting those skills into carrying around body bag cases, or berserker for sawing poo poo.

Sensor mines are actually really nice in stealth. Bodybags are good but outside of GO Bank you don't need more than one case a heist, and most heists have one you can buy without spending all your assets. I certainly don't ace it most of the time, to take advantage of the second case you'd need to take it as your primary deployable.

If you want to one-click deposit boxes you could also ace Portable Saw and put one damage-increasing mod on your saw. It costs one point more than Berseker basic but it's easier not to have to gently caress around with your health and stealth builds aren't exactly starved for points.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Thanks for confirmation that you can use akimbos for the SMG trophy. I just got it on a Safe House Raid where the host and pals were a little in over their head. Tons of meat to rip through. I'm using silenced akimbo Heathers on my suit build with Ex-Presidents and it's been a blast.

Tried going for Failed Assassination and I think we were pretty close but my buddy owns the heist and I don't and he's not exactly known for his aim. So our plan of "you take Rattlesnake for trash mobs, I take Thanatos for dozers/big lines" led to me being the only one not in captivity trying to shout down cops both to trade in for him and because the ammo count/reload is painful.

Is there any faster way to spam escapes for the Van trophy than Four Stores?

Unrelated: I've cleared all the stealth One Downs except Train Heist so I'm about to get ready to get my poo poo rocked going for that skull.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Is there any faster way to spam escapes for the Van trophy than Four Stores?

According to the Long Guide Rats D1 has a 100% escape chance if you blow up the lab, so that's probably better.

Daryl Surat
Apr 6, 2002

I don't care what you say about this post, but if anyone steps on my bunion, I'll kill them!

Concordat posted:

I find trip mines are extremely useful for the larger, more elaborate stealth maps where chained ECM rushing isn't really a viable option: Big Bank, Golden Grin, Alesso, and so on. Thankfully, as of a few patches ago they now default to sensor mode rather than explosive mode. The only change I'd make to the stealth build would be to ditch Ace Inner Pockets and The Professional then put the remaining points into saws, though you can free up a point by removing the sentry shield for the +8 Accuracy from Oppressor Basic:

http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mhjl:ekloQr:tCefHKLr:gABCDEFJkLPr:fF:ibcdea:pB8::w56-1-12:s25-1-8:a1

As for the dodge build, is there any practical benefit to One Handed Talent? Does +15 pistol damage actually reduce shots to kill, given the full critical chance and the outlandish enemy health multipliers? It might be better to free up those 9 points for other things. I tend to always take flashbang reduction and Ammo Scavenger, but for akimbo builds Oppressor skills are nice:

http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/eL:tnqR:gGHJkLMNOQr:fACDEF:ibcdea:pN8::w73-9-4-10:s49-2-7-10:a1

Daryl Surat fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Oct 28, 2016

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

grancheater posted:

According to the Long Guide Rats D1 has a 100% escape chance if you blow up the lab, so that's probably better.

I thought Rats day 1 had 100% escape chance regardless of difficulty if you blow up the lab. Was that changed? Edit: derp, I read that as 1D as in the difficulty. Disregard!

Also tip for trophy grinding: If you're also missing the transports trophy, do that and don't take pro driver. Kill lots of civvies and you have a good chance to get escapes as well.

Laputanmachine fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Oct 28, 2016

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Laputanmachine posted:

I thought Rats day 1 had 100% escape chance regardless of difficulty if you blow up the lab. Was that changed?

That is what the guy said, yes.

You need to kill 14 civilians to reach 100% escape chance on Four Stores, it's not difficult to get a really really high chance. You monster.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Oct 28, 2016

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
lol if you arent killing more civillians than cops

mutator idea: All the cops are replaced with civilians, but Bobblehead Bob is all of the dozers at once. You lose $2 for every civilian killed, and Bain sighs instead of berating you

edit 2: hydra is disabled for this mutator

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Oct 28, 2016

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

"There's no point in killing civilians!" - an idiot who never had to stealth Big Bank

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

"There's no point in killing civilians!" - an idiot who never had to stealth Big Bank

You don't want to kill civilians in big bank if you can avoid it. Each dead civilian increases the likelihood that Gensec sends police by 4%.

Edit: thanks. I guess it just feels like 20!

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Oct 28, 2016

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

You don't want to kill civilians in big bank if you can avoid it. Each dead civilian increases the likelihood that Gensec sends police by 20%.

4%

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

grancheater posted:

Unless it was changed without putting it in the patchnotes, escapes on multiday heists do not count for the escape trophy.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

You don't want to kill civilians in big bank if you can avoid it. Each dead civilian increases the likelihood that Gensec sends police by 4%.

Huh. I didn't think Overkill still put that kind of stuff in the game. They need a hell of a lot more of that kind of stuff.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Daryl Surat posted:

though you can free up a point by removing the sentry shield

Nooooo never skip the sentry shield.

UnknownMercenary posted:

Unless it was changed without putting it in the patchnotes, escapes on multiday heists do not count for the escape trophy.

Sounds like they messed with something then. I definitely farmed the back half of that trophy using Rats.

Daryl Surat
Apr 6, 2002

I don't care what you say about this post, but if anyone steps on my bunion, I'll kill them!

John Murdoch posted:

Nooooo never skip the sentry shield.

It's a stealth build. You're never going to actually EQUIP a sentry turret. You're just burning points to get up to Jack of All Trades and Ace it. A sentry turret is worthless unless you have both the shield and the AP rounds and well, most of the skills in that tree Aced. Though the last time I tried using them, shortly after the introduction of the new difficulties, it looked like enemies were just destroying them instantly even if you'd set down a shielded turret in the corner, as though they had no shield.

thejacob
Feb 13, 2014
Would anyone mind giving some pointers for Tabula Rasa? I would like to finally get that last page unlocked and drag my casual friends along too if possible.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Plan Z posted:

Huh. I didn't think Overkill still put that kind of stuff in the game. They need a hell of a lot more of that kind of stuff.

Still? Big Bank was over two years ago. :v:

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

thejacob posted:

Would anyone mind giving some pointers for Tabula Rasa? I would like to finally get that last page unlocked and drag my casual friends along too if possible.

dmr ak47 and grinder was how i did it before the skill rebalance.

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Oct 28, 2016

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Daryl Surat posted:

It's a stealth build. You're never going to actually EQUIP a sentry turret. You're just burning points to get up to Jack of All Trades and Ace it. A sentry turret is worthless unless you have both the shield and the AP rounds and well, most of the skills in that tree Aced. Though the last time I tried using them, shortly after the introduction of the new difficulties, it looked like enemies were just destroying them instantly even if you'd set down a shielded turret in the corner, as though they had no shield.

Oh, whoops, totally missed that it was for a stealth build. :v:

I was running a sentry build for safehouse raid purposes and they always worked fine there, though those were almost all done on OVK.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
Looks like 75% off John Wick pack for the sale was a mistake, hope someone took advantage of it.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

ClonedPickle posted:

e: Oh yeah and making Death Wish harder but introducing Mayhem was supposed to ease that for general players. Too bad Mayhem is a failure of a difficulty.
Yeah I really enjoy Mayhem but it utterly fails at its goal of bridging the old OVK-DW gap. In fact, with the new health changes and OVK being made somewhat easier the gap is even wider than it previously was.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

I wanted to try a melee build. Am I doing it right.

Said build miiiight be based on this video

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Unseen strike is worthless because it stops after you get hit, I've never known counter-strike ace to be of any use because cloakers are loving stupid and ignore the "Knocks back cloakers" effect, Burglar is more of a stealth perk deck than anything, if you want a suit melee build, Anarchist or Muscle is the way to go. While your health will be restricted, you'll still benefit from health regen. Dodge is just worthless, even with rogue or crook, although it does work with ex-president well, which might or might not work well with frenzy, mostly because the health gain only triggers after your armor recovers.

If you own Hotline Miami 2, I suggest the sociopath perk deck because of health and armor regeneration on a melee kill, and panic chance on top of that. If you want to take it further past a melee crit build, maybe something like this would work.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Dr Cheeto posted:

You need to kill 14 civilians to reach 100% escape chance on Four Stores, it's not difficult to get a really really high chance. You monster.
fwiw 4 stores on normal is by far the fastest way to get escapes, source i did that dumb trophy this evening

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Death Vox Panic Room (draft)
The Setting: The biggest change to this heist is that Alex is piloting the chopper. Hijinks ensue.
The Heist:
General map changes: no ladders on sides of building. Additional entries and open windows for police navigation.

The deal:
  • No chance of ambush.
  • Chavez is present for the deal-he starts in the office. If players do not mask up, he personally checks the money. Just as he notices something is wrong...
  • Police trap-the building was under surveillance. Police cars pull up in front of the building and enemies begin spawning from below. Gangsters will still become hostile.
  • Chavez will gain additional health and RoF and will have increased walkspeed. He will stay on the ground floor and try to fight the police as they arrive.
  • Additional gangsters will be present in the upper floors, particularly in ambush rooms.
    Releasing the room:
  • At this point players may notice that they are each carrying an inventory cutter. These are used to release the panic room. Cutters on Death Vox can be stopped by police. No other changes.
    Snipers and C4
  • Instead of spawning 1 or 2 at a time, all 15 snipers will spawn at once or in quick succession. Sniper positions will be altered to be harder to spot- an example will be the infamous construction site position from payday 1.
  • Alex will accidentally toss the bag containing the C4 up, into the rotors- 10 pieces of C4 will be scattered across the level, including in the back alley and on the fire escape.
  • Blowing the saferoom free will work the same, except that it will start a fire in the area around the saferoom. This area will gradually expand as the heist progresses.
    Clearing the Roof
  • When the objective appears, an assault will either start or re-start itself from the beginning.
  • The roof will be a concentrated area for police. In particular, a helicopter will drop off 2 Bulldozers and 2 cloakers. Other units, including snipers, will spawn on neighboring roofs.
  • After a set number of kills, Captain Winters will spawn at the front door and set up in the lobby. Defeating him will end the assault, and clear the objective.
  • After securing the magnet to the chopper, an additional defense objective will not appear. Instead, Alex attempts to leave immediately. This snaps the winch holding the panic room, dropping it on the roof (this can kill enemies; players will be pushed out of the way).
    Getting in
  • Bain will completely lose his poo poo at Alex. Once he calms down, he will tell players to get the saws from downstairs (they could have been picked up earlier) and use them to cut into the room.
  • Placing the first saw begins an endless assault.
  • Opening the door requires placing saws on 10 locations ringing the door. Police will attempt to stop the saws.
  • Additionally, a sniper will spawn every 30-60 seconds.
  • When the room is halfway open, Bain will mention he finally got ahold of Bile, and that he is on his way.
  • Bile will use a loot cage (akin to Transport: Downtown). Players must secure all bags from the panic room (~20 cash, 20 coke) to proceed.
    Escape:
  • Bain will first instruct players to escape via the sewers. Players can either pick the door, or apply one of the extra mission C4.
  • Opening the door will reveal a surprise- 4 bulldozers. Bain will realize that "the police are on to us! They've already flooded the sewers! OK, I, uh, we'll come up with something else!"
  • After about 90 seconds, Bain will tell the team to break through a randomly selected crime scene door in the back alley. This will lead through a small enclosed area that is a working crime scene- with chalk outlines and several normal police. The escape van will be parked on the other side in an enclosed garage.
Special Spawns: 4 bulldozers in the sewer entrance area.
Additional Loot: Instead of the normal coke, a meth lab will spawn in the coke stash room. Ingredients for 4 batches are spread through the map. Players will only be able to secure these bags with the objective bags, or at the escape vehicle. Blowing the lab will fill the room with fire.
Achievements:
Completing the heist on Death Vox gives the achievement Know Where your Towel Is.
Completing the heist with a player carrying a bodybag awards Dead on Arrival. The bodybag spawns in the crime scene (along with two paramedics) only when the escape is triggered in less than X minutes.
Completing the heist using only one cutter. Unlocks "I came, 1 saw, I conquered". This achievement description repeats its name and provides no additional hints.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Metal linked this to me, showing off how bad the spawns on 1D can break:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHWuigObFv4

In related news, you can break them on Safe House Raid pretty badly, too. One of the assaults was taking ridiculously long to finish when we noticed that there was a ton of chatter going on behind the fence. Turns out, cops were back there, but not hopping the fence. It turns out that the sentry Sykic put in the window next to fence kept them from jumping it. I noticed you could look in the crack on the left to see through it, and there was a shitload of cops behind it that I could shoot. Sykic was able to place turrets behind that fence. What followed next was a very loud 30 seconds followed by an immediate assault break.

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Oct 29, 2016

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Discendo Vox posted:

On the other hand, trying to control the loan floor up top is insane and pointless and people stop coming up there if everyone at their desks is dead.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
75% sale this weekend

Wick Pack is not included :rip:

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.

Suit melee I would suggest infiltrator or yakuza

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Coolguye posted:

fwiw 4 stores on normal is by far the fastest way to get escapes, source i did that dumb trophy this evening

Ukrainian Job below Death Wish is probably just as fast, assuming you bring C4. And a flamethrower for the civs.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Dr Cheeto posted:

75% sale this weekend

Man, another sale so soon after the Safehouse Update? I'm tempted to get more of the DLC. I was sort of kicking myself for not buying the Chivalry pack, since it seems like that the go-to for taking on One Down difficulty, but now that the weapons have been nerfed, I'm not so sure.

That's one of the issues I have with OD; it feels like your weapon choice is really limited. You don't want to take weapons that have a low damage output, since they'll be ineffective against enemies, but the stronger weapons don't let you carry as much ammo and tend to fire a lot slower. I get that's the trade-off, but on OD, they throw so many strong enemies at you, it seems like you need something that can hit hard and fast to survive.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010

Dr Cheeto posted:

75% sale this weekend

It was included on Friday afternoon, but they fixed that pretty quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Uh, Locke?