Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
So did PFT make a non-credited cameo, or is someone doing an impression of Jarls?

Edit:
As I listen to more, it's pretty clear that it's PFT.

Flip Yr Wig fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Oct 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Ya I thought it was weird they didn't throw him a credit but it's definitely him, arriving early after having read but not digested the contents of an email.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

hexachord posted:

Comedy Bang Bang episode 451: Wishing with the Grawlix is one of the funniest things I've heard all year. Brendon Small kills it every time, just incredible.

Agreed

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Claudia's New Adventures of Old Christine joke went way too under-appreciated.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Good ep.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

I'm a few episodes behind but,i gotta say I bus' up over PFT's "Ayuda man now dog".

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I kind of love Jessica McKenna's voice. She should do some voice acting. On the other hand maybe setting the show as my alarm this morning was a bad idea because that character was loooooooooud.

And Claudia is always good. It's weird to think back I was cold on her first ever appearance, but as soon as she settled in, she was one of those guests I was legit happy to see on my podcast feed. Her ep of With Special Guest Lauren Lapkus is worth checking out too. ("Sorry I Catfished You")

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Turned the ep off immediately when the awful "power wheels" character came on, was good up until then

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

manyak posted:

Turned the ep off immediately when the awful "power wheels" character came on, was good up until then

rare to see you wrong

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
S/he stopped saying PEW PEW PEW at a certain point, for what it's worth. Then started again at the end and stopped quickly.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

VagueRant posted:

I kind of love Jessica McKenna's voice. She should do some voice acting. On the other hand maybe setting the show as my alarm this morning was a bad idea because that character was loooooooooud.

And Claudia is always good. It's weird to think back I was cold on her first ever appearance, but as soon as she settled in, she was one of those guests I was legit happy to see on my podcast feed. Her ep of With Special Guest Lauren Lapkus is worth checking out too. ("Sorry I Catfished You")

+1'ing that episode of With Special Guest. Even my husband, who loves Lapkus but generally isn't into improv podcasts, liked it.

Claudia was also in Love, which was that Paul Rust/Gillian Jacobs show on Netflix. It's good.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

VagueRant posted:

S/he stopped saying PEW PEW PEW at a certain point, for what it's worth. Then started again at the end and stopped quickly.

Yeah McKenna is really good. Her 'being massively put on the spot and told to rap' efforts were up there too.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

manyak posted:

That character was actually really good and funny.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Jess McKenna is a GOAT Doughboys guest too, in case anyone in this thread doesn't already listen to that.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I was chanting the "pyow, pyow, pyowerwheels" thing in my head all day monday

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

padijun posted:

I was chanting the "pyow, pyow, pyowerwheels" thing in my head all day monday

I was so close to turning it off at first and then by the end of the day was doing the same

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I like McKenna's Pyow-pyow-pyower Wheels character, but I think maybe she leans on the reference a little hard. Repetition won't help anybody else get it, as there are no other 90's Kids™ in the room.

Also her on-the-spot rapping was really good, put her up against Neil Campbell and Amy Pohler and we might have a new GOAT.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

manyak posted:

Take a relisten. Unlike her first appearance, after a few minutes the actress realized the character should be more than saying PYOW PYOW PYOW every loving second.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

JethroMcB posted:

I like McKenna's Pyow-pyow-pyower Wheels character, but I think maybe she leans on the reference a little hard. Repetition won't help anybody else get it, as there are no other 90's Kids™ in the room.

Also her on-the-spot rapping was really good, put her up against Neil Campbell and Amy Pohler and we might have a new GOAT.

I legitimately want her to record an album so that I can buy it. (maybe work with a writer and producer too)

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
disliking Jess McKenna on mondays ep is like, greatest GOAT of all time mistake

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I also liked this is your boy troy

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Tim Balts and Jess McKenna are this years hot new podcast guests

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

manyak posted:

Almost did the same but I stuck it out and I'm glad I did, character was v. Funny once she settled in.

I found Claudia much funnier after seeing her on Love. She's a very subtle performer and I think some of her jokes kind of went over my head the first time she was on, somehow after seeing her play a similar character on Love it clicked for me.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

And the ep was great overall, everything came together in the end in a funny and satisfying way.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Almost did the same but I stuck it out and I'm glad I did, character was v. Funny once she settled in.

I found Claudia much funnier after seeing her on Love. She's a very subtle performer and I think some of her jokes kind of went over my head the first time she was on, somehow after seeing her play a similar character on Love it clicked for me.

I can't find it anymore but there was a video of her standup on some Seeso show and it was brilliant. I liked her before seeing it but it put her on another level for me. If you have Seeso and it's still up I definitely recommend it.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeesh, Scott really had to do a lot of the heavy lifting on today's ep with two first timers. I got about halfway through until him pulling teeth got the best of me, anyone stick around to see if it's worth finishing up?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

From Fox's Son of Zorn and whoever's The Middle is an episode I'm pretty much going to skip. Thanks for confirming it's bad.

(I have backlog so I'd rather go through those).

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Johnny Pemberton is cool

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
It's not bad. It's good!

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Eden Sher is a really funny actress on The Middle but she's not exactly an improv comedian. I don't know the other guy but didn't sound much better.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Eden did great compared to a lot of first timers, Johnny is wry and hilarious, and the 4 guest format did well.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I think the intro segment was good because everyone was very likable but I didn't think either character was very funny.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I want Jeffery Characterweeties (as Jason Mantzoukas) and Claudia O'Doherty to joint co-host an episode of Comedy Bang Bang while Scott goes on holiday or is dead or something.

EDIT: is PFT the only ever legit guest host? And was that only during the CDR days?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jimmy Pardo hosted a few early episodes

and I guess there's Jerry Minor with the cyberthug stuff

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Didn't Chris Hardwick sub in once or twice?

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

whydirt posted:

Didn't Chris Hardwick sub in once or twice?

Yep, one of the first podcasted episodes.

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/special-nerdist-edition/

cams
Mar 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/earwolf/status/792259105268326400

that lineup

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Who's the hat?

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
According to the list of persons tagged in the photo, it's Andy Daly :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Based on how the sweater is tied around his neck it must be Don DiMello, Theatrical Director