Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...

Hughmoris posted:

The only thing I hate more than 1 tracer, is 5.

5 tracers sounds like a junkrat 50 kill QP massacre...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
timthetatman is slowly killing himself via alcohol poisoning while playing overwatch today if anyone cares.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Maybe that will finally be the thing to shut him up.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Zenyatta right click headshot kills are the most satisfying thing to land in this whole game

teraflame
Jan 7, 2009
nah sleep darting someone straight into an environment kill does it for me.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

teraflame posted:

nah sleep darting someone straight into an environment kill does it for me.

Sleep-darting a Lucio that is skating around the Ilios well is the best thing in this world.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Hughmoris posted:

Sleep-darting a Lucio that is skating around the Ilios well is the best thing in this world.

Better than standing in front of the edge as Roadhog, hooking someone, then emoting "Hello" as they fall in?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Better than standing in front of the edge as Roadhog, hooking someone, then emoting "Hello" as they fall in?

It's a close thing, but that could happen to anyone. Sleep darting the Lucio is explicitly showing him that he died of his own hubris.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Dyz posted:

That's because it's an opinion, not a rule.

Some people like deathballing and mashing into eachother and some like small skirmishes around the map.

then maybe they should play dm servers instead

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

then maybe they should play dm servers instead

you know what happens to FPS games with one complicated well-balanced mode that requires thought and teamwork and also deathmatch

in six months they're deathmatch games and the other mode is populated exclusively by bots

Squiggles Unite
May 29, 2014

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

If you are doing this and not using Hog's "Hook, Line, Sinker" voice line then you are objectively doing it wrong.... same goes for Illios well

Edit: cause phone

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

ctf is always bad and I honestly can't think of any exceptions to that rule off the top of my head

600+ hours of 24/7 2fort instant respawn is the hellfire which spawned i hanjo.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Squiggles Unite posted:

If you are doing this and not using Hog's "Hook, Line, Sinker" voice line then you are objectively doing it wrong.... same goes for Illios well

Edit: cause phone

drat, I never really paid attention to the voice lines but this is a good idea. Looks like I have something to buy.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
They really need to let you use multiple lines already. Emotes too.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

give me an in-depth scripting system to make certain voice lines play in certain situations :getin:

Squiggles Unite
May 29, 2014

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

drat, I never really paid attention to the voice lines but this is a good idea. Looks like I have something to buy.

Yeah roadhog's lines are kinda sub par till the right context comes along then sweet lord is it great. Kill a genji or tracer "like takin candy from a baby" is pro tier as well

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Killing Department posted:

600+ hours of 24/7 2fort instant respawn is the hellfire which spawned i hanjo.

The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing people to play 24/7 2fort.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

give me an in-depth scripting system to make certain voice lines play in certain situations :getin:

give me a kill tracker that pastes "you were kill #5125" into match chat every time I kill someone. preferably with now playing added to the message too.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Gloryhold It! posted:

They really need to let you use multiple lines already. Emotes too.

I think I read a dev post saying they were working towards this.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

Internet Explorer posted:

I think I read a dev post saying they were working towards this.

Yeah, I know. I just want it to happen.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
You all hate 2fort but deep down inside you all know that at one point you actually, kinda, somewhat, sorta, in a little bit, thought it was ok.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Dyz posted:

You all hate 2fort but deep down inside you all know that at one point you actually, kinda, somewhat, sorta, in a little bit, thought it was ok.

Drippy's 2fort all day, every day.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

I've arrived in tyool

Dyz posted:

no because I was introduced to tf2 by watching people play/talking with friends and all my friends who played it had already told me 2fort was terrible

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Had a game where the Lucio player was playing reggae constantly over the mic and the other team mates were whining about it but i enjoyed it. I ended up getting a 22 kill streak with Junkrat bunnyhopping to some sick beats.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Actually just give us chatassist from HoN.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
2fort as a ctf map was indeed not actually terrible.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Yes, it was, because it was so stacked in favor of defending your flag(intelligence) because of how you had to walk right past their spawn twice in a close quarters that matches were mind numbingly slow if teams were at all balanced.

I've never seen 2fort that wasn't ctf anyways, so I'm not sure why that'd change things

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

WanderingKid posted:

5 tracers sounds like a junkrat 50 kill QP massacre...

Tracer eats Junkrat for breakfast, he's a sitting duck for her.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

IronicDongz posted:

Yes, it was, because it was so stacked in favor of defending your flag(intelligence) because of how you had to walk right past their spawn twice in a close quarters that matches were mind numbingly slow if teams were at all balanced.

I've never seen 2fort that wasn't ctf anyways, so I'm not sure why that'd change things

Lol, 24/7 pub tf2 was usually only being played by 3 out of 20 people at any given time.

I didn't mind it being a defensive map, since the flag didn't reset on touches.
Anyways, I liked it.

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.

Papercut posted:

I main tracer, and I always find a non-feckless junkrat to be more hassle than he's worth. His propensity to easily get 120 from his conc, and 80-120 from his m1, nevermind his traps, make him a risky pick at best.

TheMaskedUgly fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Oct 29, 2016

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Dyz posted:

Dude I loving loved 24/7 2fort. As an actual map, god no, but as a place to pop in for 15 minutes and gently caress around practicing aim/shooting people in the water, it was unbeatable.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
No matter who you are, if the Junkrat doesn't suck take an extra clip or two to stay out of range of a quick burst mine and lucky pills and he'll consistently be easy to dodge and easy to kill. That puts the onus on him to hit you with lovely projectiles instead of on you to juke instant death. Keeping him at range also means less chance of stepping on a trap, and usually wherever the trap was you didn't need to be there to kill him.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

TheMaskedUgly posted:

I main tracer, and I always find a non-feckless junkrat to be more hassle than he's worth. His propensity to easily get 120 from his conc, and 80-120 from his m1, nevermind his traps, make him a risky pick at best.

I don't want to be mean, but I think this says more about your tracer than junkrat. :/

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Papercut posted:

If I see a Tracer as Junkrat I just laugh. You bait the poo poo out of her and if it goes south? Conc jump away shes probably going to eat it as well so hey you escaped and killed her

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

verbal enema posted:

If I see a Tracer as Junkrat I just laugh. You bait the poo poo out of her and if it goes south? Conc jump away shes probably going to eat it as well so hey you escaped and killed her

You must be playing against bad Tracers, friend.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Ehud posted:

You must be playing against bad Tracers, friend.

the overwatch i play is in terrible world for bads so yeah

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
lol "tracer eats Junkrat for breakfast" nice joke. More like she's eating an explosion cause her dumb rear end ran into my trap for the 10000th time

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I've started trying out Winston some more, following the previous in depth guide. He's a breath of fresh air for nailing squirrely targets that tend to be difficult to hit when I use hitscan characters.

I had a fellow Ana nanoboost me right when my own ult was wearing off and it was a great ape rampage I unleashed on the other team.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Macaluso posted:

lol "tracer eats Junkrat for breakfast" nice joke. More like she's eating an explosion cause her dumb rear end ran into my trap for the 10000th time

she does though

junkrat has a really easy head to target, a low clip size on slow, inaccurate projectiles, and 200 hp. killing junkrat is easier than killing zenyatta and killing zenyatta is like tracer's whole purpose in existence.

it's probably closer to even in an enclosed space and every once in a while you won't spot the trap in time but that matchup is absolutely in her favor

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Oct 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

This is why I hate Junkrat in competitive.