Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Yeah, it's going to be some combination of a devil possessed Aida* or Parminder Nagra's villainous Senator character (who's clearly being held back for bigger developments down the line, re: her brother).

*They can't not do science + magic. That's inevitable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
The Darkhold was created by Cthon (the source of 'all' black magic in the Marvel Universe) not Mephisto. Inside is the spell that creates vampires among other things. I'm just hoping Blade is showing up soon. Also Cthon has the N'garai (they're not the xenomorphs from Alien recast as demons...honest!) as its lackeys who would be awesome to see.

:goonsay:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Xtanstic posted:

I wonder if Lucy + Darkhold gets solved in part 1 of the season, and somehow the book falls into the Senator's hands or something and we get the usual "oh great a super weapon to wipe out all Inhumans... oh no we released something we can't control now we're all hosed" type of plotline as the overarching arc. So far the season has been solid but I've failed to be hooked because there hasn't been a great overarching plot like in S2 and S3.

I could go for sinister racist lady getting torched by Dormammu in "thanks" :mmmhmm:

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm still enjoying the idea that the cast are the villains to Mace's hero. Coulson has become Fury, the team has become old SHIELD, and Mace is now Old Coulson. The cycle of SHIELD leadership begins anew.

I know that's not what they're actually doing.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

The Darkhold was created by Cthon (the source of 'all' black magic in the Marvel Universe) not Mephisto. Inside is the spell that creates vampires among other things. I'm just hoping Blade is showing up soon. Also Cthon has the N'garai (they're not the xenomorphs from Alien recast as demons...honest!) as its lackeys who would be awesome to see.

I'd be down with this. They can just recycle the disintegrating fire effects for killing vampires.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
It's gotta be leading up to Mephisto. You don't have a character on a comic book show say "I made a deal with the devil" and then not do the devil. Unless Cthon is even more devilly.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
What if by "Devil" he means the previous Ghost Rider?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Don't they usually do the major tie-in after the movie premieres?

Age of Ultron had a lead-in episode that actually enhanced the context for the opening battle in the movie quite a bit, so not always.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

sticklefifer posted:

Age of Ultron had a lead-in episode that actually enhanced the context for the opening battle in the movie quite a bit, so not always.

It also tied in to the Helicarrier showing up at the end of the movie as well.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Stunt Rock posted:

It also tied in to the Helicarrier showing up at the end of the movie as well.

The Helicarrier thing was pretty underwhelming. It was just a cold open that was totally unrelated to nothing going on and got like one offhand mention later. It honestly felt like it was something filmed later and just stuck on the front of the episode so they could say they had a tie in.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Sir Nose posted:

Has there been any sort of announcement or advertisement that there actually will even be a movie tie-in this time around? Or is it assumption based on previous years?

Strange spoilers

Nothing happens in Strange that would impact AoS in any way

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Spergatory posted:

It's gotta be leading up to Mephisto. You don't have a character on a comic book show say "I made a deal with the devil" and then not do the devil. Unless Cthon is even more devilly.

Nah, Cthon is just Cthulhu with the numbers filed off. Deals are Mephisto. You say "I'd do anything for X" in a moment of weakness, and he shows up and goes "o rly?"

Plus, didn't Mephisto bond the original Spirit of Vengeance onto Johnny Blaze? They're mushing together a bunch of different Ghost Rider pieces, so it wouldn't surprise me if Racist Senator Lady unleashes Mephisto from the Darkhold somehow.

Meanwhile Jeff Mace just :stare: emptily into the distance as a demon rampages through the entire city and SHIELD interns engulfed in flames run around screaming in the background.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Chokes McGee posted:

Nah, Cthon is just Cthulhu with the numbers filed off. Deals are Mephisto. You say "I'd do anything for X" in a moment of weakness, and he shows up and goes "o rly?"

Plus, didn't Mephisto bond the original Spirit of Vengeance onto Johnny Blaze? They're mushing together a bunch of different Ghost Rider pieces, so it wouldn't surprise me if Racist Senator Lady unleashes Mephisto from the Darkhold somehow.

Meanwhile Jeff Mace just :stare: emptily into the distance as a demon rampages through the entire city and SHIELD interns engulfed in flames run around screaming in the background.

The after credits teaser on that episode is just Coulson and Mace sitting in a bar, Mace has a thousand yard stare.

He turns to Coulson, "Phil, I qui-"

Cut to black.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Mr Beens posted:

Strange spoilers

Nothing happens in Strange that would impact AoS in any way

After the movie comes out they can probably start saying the ghosts are (barely even a spoiler) some variant of the astral projections in the movie.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

This geezer is a black belt in Ninjitsu and done Capoeira for years. Sign him up.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1438275/

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Error 404 posted:

The after credits teaser on that episode is just Coulson and Mace sitting in a bar, Mace has a thousand yard stare.

He turns to Coulson, "Phil, I qui-"

Cut to black.

Sparking a summer of people insisting he said Acquit.

Daisy was stabbed
Fitz shot past Mack

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Rocksicles posted:

This geezer is a black belt in Ninjitsu and done Capoeira for years. Sign him up.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1438275/

He's a good martial artist, but let's not pretend that Street Fighter live action miniseries was good. Way better than it deserved to be...but not good.

The rumored "Old Man Blade" series where Blade is basically Whistler, and has a 20-something daughter who does vigilante poo poo with him sounds great. In part because Snipes would reprise the role, so kids who are more familiar with post-2008 MCU movies will go back and watch Blade. And maybe Blade 2. And hopefully not Blade: Trinity.

I'd way rather see that than a reboot.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Xealot posted:

Street Fighter live action miniseries

There was a miniseries? I thought the movie with Raoul Julia was the only live-action SF we ever got?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Xealot posted:

He's a good martial artist, but let's not pretend that Street Fighter live action miniseries was good. Way better than it deserved to be...but not good.

The rumored "Old Man Blade" series where Blade is basically Whistler, and has a 20-something daughter who does vigilante poo poo with him sounds great. In part because Snipes would reprise the role, so kids who are more familiar with post-2008 MCU movies will go back and watch Blade. And maybe Blade 2. And hopefully not Blade: Trinity.

I'd way rather see that than a reboot.

I don't know if that's a rumor so much as what everyone desperately wants.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Am I the only one who thought Blade 3 was good because it was hilarious?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Error 404 posted:

It will always have a place in my heart for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy7kb5ABsyk

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

WarLocke posted:

There was a miniseries? I thought the movie with Raoul Julia was the only live-action SF we ever got?

No...there was a second movie...and it makes the JCVD one look like Citizen Kane by comparison.

Edit: Spoiler for next week, the origin of Robbie as the Ghost Rider!

Ensign_Ricky fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Oct 29, 2016

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

WarLocke posted:

http://www.streetfighteraf.com

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

WarLocke posted:

In this thread of all threads, you would probably be better off referring to it as the 'Ming-Na Wen' SF movie.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Ensign_Ricky posted:

No...there was a second movie...and it makes the JCVD one look like Citizen Kane by comparison.

Edit: Spoiler for next week, the origin of Robbie as the Ghost Rider!

I like the preview "Han Solo wasn't a hero" "I like Akbar"

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

twistedmentat posted:

I like the preview "Han Solo wasn't a hero" "I like Akbar"

I'm getting tired of all the Star Wars references in this show. Product synergy has gone too far

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm getting tired of all the Star Wars references in this show. Product synergy has gone too far
I disagree. Coulson's "Help me Obi Wan..." when he was faking Squidward out with a hologram last finale was the best thing.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Error 404 posted:

I never saw it but the only thing I know about Blade Trinity is that Triple H from WWE plays a guy named Jarko Grimwood, and that's hilarious enough for me.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Robot Hobo posted:

I disagree. Coulson's "Help me Obi Wan..." when he was faking Squidward out with a hologram last finale was the best thing.

:wookie::hf::wookie:

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Argue posted:

After the movie comes out they can probably start saying the ghosts are (barely even a spoiler) some variant of the astral projections in the movie.

Yeah, I agree. Artificially induced or untrained astral projection could explain the look of the "ghosts" in the show. After seeing Doctor Strange (which is quite excellent) I'd be happy if they would go that way and it's all the tie-in they need.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

WarLocke posted:

Nope, there was another with Dum Dum Dugan as Bison and gave us all of these wonderful things. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id7DLq7bpTw

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I think the watch dog masks are the worst and the main ghost lady's garbage mouth ghost makeup is the second worst.

Everything else is cool and good.

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Oct 30, 2016

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I sure am tired of all these Star Wars references

fixed

I never realized this before, but now I desperately need the next iteration of the game to be called "Street Fighter As gently caress"

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Guy Goodbody posted:

Aw boy, I'm just so tired of all these Star Wars.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Chokes McGee posted:

I thought they were going to use Memphisto in the Netflix series as the big bad for Defenders? If they could pull some kind of crossover with him starting in AOS that would be great but I'm not holding my breath.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
They haven't revealed who the big bad is, just that they're played by Sigourney Weaver.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Xenomorphs :argh:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Azhais posted:

Xenomorphs :argh:

N'Garai.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

They haven't revealed who the big bad is, just that they're played by Sigourney Weaver.

They're doomed. Might as well wrap up the miniseries now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
In a Finding Dory crossover, the badguy for Defenders is going to be the Marine Institute?

• Locked thread