Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

CatsPajamas posted:

Hypothetically assuming I'm not tempted to get both versions, is there a good place to find a consolidated list of differences between them?

http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/versionmisc.shtml

http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/exclusives.shtml

Also Drampa is exclusive to Moon and Turtonator is exclusive to Sun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

CatsPajamas posted:

Hypothetically assuming I'm not tempted to get both versions, is there a good place to find a consolidated list of differences between them?

We don't know of many yet, other than the box legendaries there's a couple of exclusive Pokemon, namely whether Rockruff evolves into a wolf or a werewolf and which ugly monkey you get. Also, the realtime clock is rotated 12 hours for Moon, such that it's the middle of the night at noon and daytime at midnight.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

less laughter posted:

Also Drampa is exclusive to Moon and Turtonator is exclusive to Sun.

That's just speculation because they showed up on the boxart of the respective versions, mind.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
YMMV, but considering pokeman games don't really depreciate in the used market it would be silly not to buy both at 64 bucks.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

less laughter posted:

Then all three water fairies will likely be OU at the very least

I already have all my regular water pokemon in the game and I'm still going to use Primarina anyway. Guess I'm gonna end up doing a mostly water team :3:

Nodoze fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Oct 29, 2016

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

CatsPajamas posted:

Thanks to DACK FAYDEN for posting the Amazon pre-order link a couple pages back, since 31.99 is a good price! Hypothetically assuming I'm not tempted to get both versions, is there a good place to find a consolidated list of differences between them? What version(s) are people planning on getting?

Assuming you're a grown man/woman with a job here but just buy both

If you're looking to just buy one for a literal child just ask if they like bats or lions more

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

pretty sure this is cultural appropriation or something

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Waffles Inc. posted:

If you're looking to just buy one for a literal child just ask if they like bats or lions more

"buy both, every adult can do it" says man not living in poverty

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
it must be nice to live in a country with a decent economy

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Tired Moritz posted:

it must be nice to live in a country with a decent economy

it's just 32 bucks, not a Beverly Hills mansion

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
how is pokemon not 50 bucks, i thought 3DS games were expensive in that regard

i haven't brought one in a while...

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Jarogue posted:

What did you name it?

I didn't. Maybe peaches?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
It's on sale on Amazon for $32(plus shipping, if you don't have Prime).

But the normal price is still only $40, so :shrug:.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
It's $169 where I'm from.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i have yet to successfully receive one package while i've lived here, so i have to do in-store -_-

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Primarina is just Wallace in Pokemon form.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Night Blade posted:

Primarina is just Wallace in Pokemon form.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Haifisch posted:

It's on sale on Amazon for $32(plus shipping, if you don't have Prime).

But the normal price is still only $40, so :shrug:.

The best deal for me is Toys R Us since it's free shipping and i don't have amazon prime, but with taxes it still rounds up to basically 35 dollars. At that point my mind goes "gently caress those five dollars, preload it and play at 9:01pm PST pokemonpokemonpokemonpokemon"

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Primarina's design would be a whole lot better without the weird spikes on it's butt.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Captain Fargle posted:

Primarina's design would be a whole lot better without the weird spikes on its butt.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i hate that chart for calling typhlosion a rodent when he's clearly a badger

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

mandatory lesbian posted:

i have yet to successfully receive one package while i've lived here, so i have to do in-store -_-
Target/Meijer/probably some other department stores have a $5 gift card deal going on. That's probably the best you'll get in-store.

i hate that chart for calling typhlosion a rodent when he's clearly a badger
And Feraligatr is brass knuckles, because that's what comes to mind with a big-jawed aligator, right?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Haifisch posted:

And Feraligatr is brass knuckles, because that's what comes to mind with a big-jawed aligator, right?

Look at its arms.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if goofy arm poo poo is the qualifier for that then they sure as hell used brass knuckles as inspiration for quite a lot of pokemon

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Waffles Inc. posted:

if theyre basically the same why would i buy both anyway?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

corn in the bible posted:

if theyre basically the same why would i buy both anyway?

So you can have a second save file.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
im gonna build a team of Regular Animals. nobody will be able to defeat my deadly donkey and koala

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Typlosion is not a rat and owls are not completely extinct, whoever made that chart is an imbecile.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

lezard_valeth posted:

Any datamine info on the availability of Cosplay Pikachu?

Cause god drat it, my wrestler team of Incineroar, Hawlucha, Emboar and Machamp could use Pikachu Libre :(

Still missing on a 6th member.

Har👏i👏ya👏ma!!!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

how is pokemon not 50 bucks, i thought 3DS games were expensive in that regard

i haven't brought one in a while...

only 3ds games that get that expensive are from atlus

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Palladium posted:

XP share + lucky egg is amazing. gently caress the complainers who think grinding XP and rerolling bullshitty RNG remotely even resembles actual skill in this pokemans.

What? Did you have a stroke? Where did I say I want to force people to grind or even came close to saying anything about grinding being skill? I like the gen 6 XP Share, but if you leave it on all the time, which you do since you're swapping dudes onto the team a lot, anyone that isn't constantly being boxed gets way way ahead of that games level curve. Playing a nuzlocke in X at the moment and My team is consistently multiple levels above the gym leader and that's with me swapping pokemon in and out. It's got problems, man. But that's all besides the point since my entire post was about how you could keep it as is and have it so XP scales up for lower level dudes to give them a bit of a catch-up bonus.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
why are you passionate about exp systems?!!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Tired Moritz posted:

why are you passionate about exp systems?!!

I just wanna be able to use as many pokemon as possible without having to spend an eternity grinding, which something Gamefreaks has tried to fix in a lot of different ways and kinda goofed up on every time.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Ka0 posted:

owls are not completely extinct

Neither are snakes, but that's neither here nor there. The breed of owl pictured is prehistoric and extinct. It fits in perfectly with all the other Grass starters' inspirations.

http://prehistoric-fauna.com/Ornimegalonyx

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Maybe their inspiration is "Hey, this looks cool" rather than "these all fit a weird theme if you kinda squint and stretch things a little".

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

that chart is a load of poo poo

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
As a person who likes fun and cool things, all the starters having a theme is cool and fun.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Tired Moritz posted:

As a person who likes fun and cool things, all the starters having a theme is cool and fun.

:yeah:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

only 3ds games that get that expensive are from atlus

ah, so its games i like that are that expensive...

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

the theme is one is fire, one is grass, and one is water

except of course in yellow, where the theme was one sucks and the other is eevee but gently caress you MC