Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I just saw a car with a Trump sticker and a "black guns matter" sticker. 1,000 Trump bucks to whoever guesses their race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Transmogrifier posted:

Oh there's even more.

:psyduck: Apparently he's a big soap opera fan too?

"As a longtime reader, I want political agendas kept out of comics"

If you can say that with a straight face, you are not a longtime reader.

poorlifedecision
Feb 13, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

cash crab posted:

During that whole "grab her by the pussy" Trump debacle, I remember my dad said something to the effect of, "That's not locker room talk! I've been in locker rooms, we talk about sports and our dogs," which was a weird glimpse into his private life, which is thankfully kind of dull.

Condolences on your dad being locker room buds with Morally Inept.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
So this one is weird. A German friend shared it. I'm sure everyone is familiar with the story:
:downs: "Halp police, I am being robbed!"
:siren: "We are very busy right now, be there in 30 minuts"
:downs: "Ok I just shot the robbers"

SWAT, ambulance, and lots of cop cars show up

:downs: "I thought you were busy hurrrrr"

Why the gently caress would anyone translate that BS into German where it's even more wildly inappropriate than in the US?

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

Transmogrifier posted:

Oh there's even more.

Anybody who describes themselves as a "centrist" or a "moderate" always has the most insane political views.

ghost emoji has a new favorite as of 19:38 on Oct 29, 2016

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I like when people talk about loading their shotguns with different shells (like the revolver lol...) and how they will do different damage to the intruder like they are describing a weapon from a Japanese RPG.

I live in gun country though.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Dogfish posted:

You see, a man owns his daughter until he gives her away to the man he has selected to be her husband. Boys threatening his daughter's purity are threatening to damage his property, and therefore reduce the strength and prestige of the alliance he could form by marriage contract, so he in turn threatens to protect his property by force. This is a reasonable way to behave in 2016.

Jesus christ do you understand things called jokes

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

banned from Starbucks posted:

There's a difference between jokes and really toxic culture that perpetuates women as objects of men, whether father or husband.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Believe it or not most parents don't want their kids having sex.

:shrug:

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

Luvcow posted:

Then why is my Mom constantly asking when my wife and I are going to have kids?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

banned from Starbucks posted:

Yes, jokes are actually funny. Ergo that was not a joke.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

I bet he's drat proud over his nationality though, because that's not an arbitrary thing to care about.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Luvcow posted:

Which is why fathers also constantly post memes warning women to stay away from their sons or they'll murder them and hide the body.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

Which is why fathers also constantly post memes warning women to stay away from their sons or they'll murder them and hide the body.

Sons can't get pregnant

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

I've actually seen a bunch of moms post poo poo like that on their facebook page.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Who What Now posted:

Yes, jokes are actually funny. Ergo that was not a joke.

This logic is my pet peeve

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Luvcow posted:

Sons can't get pregnant

But sons can impregnate, and there's not nearly as much worry about that. Also, condoms and birth control exist. Warning possible sexual partners away with shotguns isn't a good substitute, even as a reposted "kidding but not really, stay away from my daughter" macro.

Kay Kessler posted:

I've actually seen a bunch of moms post poo poo like that on their facebook page.

And it's just as loving creepy, then. It's worth noting it almost always comes from the parent of the opposite gender. Hmm, I wonder what that implies.

Poor Miserable Gurgi has a new favorite as of 20:16 on Oct 29, 2016

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Henchman of Santa posted:

This logic is my pet peeve

I have a feeling you often get mad at the proper use of logic.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Who What Now posted:

I have a feeling you often get mad at the proper use of logic.

Your logic suggests that bad jokes don't exist.

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009
Yeah "I'll kill to keep boys away from my daughter!" is a hilarious exaggeration but only in a context where controlling your daughter's sexuality is normal and this is just an amped-up version of a common social behaviour. Like, the joke part literally comes from the fact that there are a lot of dads who seriously think it's their responsibility to manage their daughters' sexualities. It's not the joke part that's objectionable (although it's a pretty dumb and cheesy joke).

Luvcow posted:

Sons can't get pregnant

They can get someone else pregnant, though, and be on the hook for child support for 18 years. Or, you know, they can get HIV and die.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Dogfish posted:

Yeah "I'll kill to keep boys away from my daughter!" is a hilarious exaggeration but only in a context where controlling your daughter's sexuality is normal and this is just an amped-up version of a common social behaviour. Like, the joke part literally comes from the fact that there are a lot of dads who seriously think it's their responsibility to manage their daughters' sexualities. It's not the joke part that's objectionable (although it's a pretty dumb and cheesy joke).

They can get someone else pregnant, though, and be on the hook for child support for 18 years. Or, you know, they can get HIV and die.

I agree the gun thing is pretty dumb and opens a whole other can of worms about being a gun owner and not threatening to shoot people. My point is most parents don't want their kids having sex, theres a whole law about age of consent, and most parents who feel this way aren't treating their kids as objects they're acting as a responsible parent should.

I am sorry i contributed to this terrible derail, maybe the thread should just move on.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Moms usually post the "keep away from my son" ones because they think some catty bitch is going to steal her little boy away and she'll never see him again.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Henchman of Santa posted:

Your logic suggests that bad jokes don't exist.

They don't. There are jokes, and there is unfunny garbage people like to pretend are jokes.

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009

Picnic Princess posted:

Moms usually post the "keep away from my son" ones because they think some catty bitch is going to steal her little boy away and she'll never see him again.

Yeah I have an aunt who's really really really weird about her sons. Her oldest is in his mid-20s and has just moved in with his (lovely) girlfriend, and my aunt keeps making "jokes" about how his girlfriend has stolen her son from her. It makes everyone else in the family uncomfortable because it's clear she's not really joking. Like, my cousin calls his parents every week and is pretty much the most dutiful kid ever, but she must have ALL HIS AFFECTION.

Luvcow posted:

most parents who feel this way aren't treating their kids as objects they're acting as a responsible parent should.

Responsible parents should encourage their children to learn about safer sex and understand when they are and aren't emotionally ready for sex. Then they should teach them what to look for in a respectful romantic partner and what not to tolerate in a romantic relationship. Helping your kids make the transition from childhood to adulthood is literally part of a parent's job, and trying to barricade your kid away from sex isn't part of that. If you want your kid to be happy and healthy, you want your kid not to have sex before they're ready (which is a decision only they can make), and when they do have sex, you want to make sure it's as physically and emotionally safe as possible. That's pretty much the size of it.

My only kid currently lives in my uterus, so I can't speak from a parent's perspective, but I'm a sex educator and I have seen way too many lovely consequences of parents who never think about how they can support their kids' sexual development beyond SEX BAD, STAY A CHILD FOREVER PLEASE.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

We're going to pay the iron price for this derail when LoB comes back with a 7000 word thesis on the benefits of ephebophilia

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

Transmogrifier posted:

Oh there's even more.

While there are many things wrong with this person, the most ironic aspect of his stupidity is how political early superman comics could be.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Blackula Vs. Tarantula posted:

While there are many things wrong with this person, the most ironic aspect of his stupidity is how political early superman comics could be.

It's only political if he disagrees with the message

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Blackula Vs. Tarantula posted:

The whole Superman vs the KKK thing rules in particular.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Transmogrifier posted:

Oh there's even more.

Didn't Captain America straight-up resign to protest government corruption during Watergate? Didn't he literally fight Nixon?

Sorry, I'm a woman, I'm not supposed to read these things, but apparently I read them more than he does.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Andrast posted:

It's only political if he disagrees with the message

Ugh why do we have to drag politics into this. :rolleye:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Women make up something like 47% of comic book readers. Turns out when you actually write something women want to read they read it.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Women make up something like 47% of comic book readers. Turns out when you actually write something women want to read they read it.

Reminded me of the (possibly urban legend but still funny) story about the english chocolate bar Yorkie. They advertised unironically to a boys club mentality - the logo was literally the female toilet stick figure symbol with a cross through it, with the logo "Not for women". Women became the largest demographic buying them out of an ironic spite.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

BioEnchanted posted:

Reminded me of the (possibly urban legend but still funny) story about the english chocolate bar Yorkie. They advertised unironically to a boys club mentality - the logo was literally the female toilet stick figure symbol with a cross through it, with the logo "Not for women". Women became the largest demographic buying them out of an ironic spite.

I doubt they bought enough cos the chocolate is poo poo compared to cadburys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcjlzSod0CE

They did make a pink one though

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Geokinesis posted:

They did make a pink one though

Mods rename me "Masculine Chunks of Milk Chocola"

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Do you?

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Regardless of the dumb nerd-pandering, the design looks so dumb.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
Is it just me or do people who play healer classes tend to consider it a much bigger part of their identity than people who play tanks and DPS classes?

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Midnight Voyager posted:

Didn't Captain America straight-up resign to protest government corruption during Watergate? Didn't he literally fight Nixon?

Sorry, I'm a woman, I'm not supposed to read these things, but apparently I read them more than he does.

poo poo, I don't even read comics, but I know that the original Marvel Civil War thing was explicitly political.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Yea but how can we try to discredit this statistic by claiming certain types or genres of comics aren't "real comics". :suicide:

Also,

All this over a comedy rap battle.