Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Do the Gen 1 re-releases have all the glitches in tact?

Well, I did give myself over 100 copies of Thunderbolt and Earthquake so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I hope that they don't introduce a way to change natures. That's the Pokemon's personality. I'm okay with manipulating the end result but actively changing it would be a step too far and really reduce it all to a variable numbers game.

I'd like to cling to a modicum of immersion.

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Oct 29, 2016

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

TFRazorsaw posted:

I hope that they don't introduce a way to change genders. That's the Pokemon's personality. I'm okay with manipulating the end result but actively changing it would be a step too far and really reduce it all to a variable numbers game.

I'd like to cling to a modicum of immersion.

What about horsea

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

mandatory lesbian posted:

i caught a mew in the yellow rerelease, so you tell me

:krad:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Any more info on Ultra Beasts/what info is there out about them? Anything saying we can catch them for sure yet?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

... I meant to say NATURES. What the gently caress:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Any more info on Ultra Beasts/what info is there out about them? Anything saying we can catch them for sure yet?

Nothing new so far.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

keep the natures the same but let the player change what stats are boosted and what are reduced. make it confusing for people to talk about

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

i seem to have lost the link but i remember there being an image file with all the trainers in the world and what pokemon the mew glitch gave with them

its very helpful if you want an early gengar/gyrados or just wanna dick around i guess

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

sharrrk posted:

keep the natures the same but let the player change what stats are boosted and what are reduced. make it confusing for people to talk about

this is the worst idea yet, and you're banished from the thread now.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
:toot:

finally got my Volcanion! Dunno if I'll do anything with it.

...why is the original trainer named Helen?

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
Did we ever learn anything about the dataminers rumoring there may be like 9 or so unrevealed pokemon not in the demo? Blank spots in the Pokedex I think they said.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

What can change the nature of a mon?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Bongo Bill posted:

hacking

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Space T Rex posted:

Did we ever learn anything about the dataminers rumoring there may be like 9 or so unrevealed pokemon not in the demo? Blank spots in the Pokedex I think they said.

no but they're most likely just gender differences

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
OR Dolphins and Snowmen (not yeti crabs shh)

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Space T Rex posted:

Missingno confirmed

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Was at the bar Thursday, and the lead singer was in a Tiger Mask mask. I'm going to take that as a sign.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

I'm still hoping someone will tell me what it is

ok so basically there's these weird creatures called 'pocket monsters' or pokemon and you throw balls at them to capture them then you raise them to fight other people's pets

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Dabir posted:

ok so basically there's these weird creatures called 'pocket monsters' or pokemon and you throw balls at them to capture them then you raise them to fight other people's pets

oh, so its like monster rancher

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

yes, but balsl

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Bongo Bill posted:

Books. If a motherfuckin' Dragon, Draco, or Dracoverlord can change it's nature, a pocket monster can. And you can change genders by getting someone to sing to their eggs.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

What is the true nature of 'mon?

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Rudoku posted:

And you can change genders by getting someone to sing to their eggs.

p sure this works irl too

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Do the Gen 1 re-releases have all the glitches in tact?

Jumping on the "yes" bandwagon, I completed the Pokedex in VC Red without trading. It's pretty great. Also never used any TMs until I could Missingno glitch them.

Prepare for some Fissure Machamp time y'all

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

MissileWaster posted:

Jumping on the "yes" bandwagon, I completed the Pokedex in VC Red without trading. It's pretty great. Also never used any TMs until I could Missingno glitch them.

Prepare for some Fissure Machamp time y'all

I'm guessing they're going to make an addendum on fissure that says its accuracy cant be altered or something...hopefully.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Just bring your own insta-kill on a pokemon faster than Machamp. Or use a flying type.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Sturdy grants immunity to instant KO moves also.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Bongo Bill posted:

In fact, this was all it did before Gen 5. :geno:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Space T Rex posted:

I'm guessing they're going to make an addendum on fissure that says its accuracy cant be altered or something...hopefully.

In every gen after 1 fissure is unaffected by accuracy changes yes

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

corn in the bible posted:

In every gen after 1 fissure is unaffected by accuracy changes yes

No Guard skips the accuracy check. Fissure will work 100% of the time unless they change the way No Guard and OHKO moves interact.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Here's my hot take: the world is ready for Fissure Machamp

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
No guard fissure Machamp will be legal in battle spot but smogon will ban it because smogon is cowards

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

the nostalgia

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

everything in pokemon yellow looks like it's taking place on a midsummer day and also the sun is now 100 feet above the earth

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

oddium posted:

everything in pokemon yellow looks like it's taking place on a midsummer day and also the sun is now 100 feet above the earth

the entirety of yellow happens during the period of time Groudon was awakened in OR

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Bongo Bill posted:

And for some reason every Sturdy Pokemon happens to be weak to Fighting.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

dungeon cousin posted:

And for some reason every Sturdy Pokemon happens to be weak to Fighting.

Pineco isn't. :colbert:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Machamp is slow as gently caress, even scarfed, and incredibly vulnerable to 3 common attacking types. Also Fissure doesn't affect things with levitate or that are flying type.

Its like when everyone was super excited Flareon got Flare Blitz. It doesn't actually matter that mich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

mandatory lesbian posted:

the entirety of yellow happens during the period of time Groudon was awakened in OR
this is my headcanon now, thank you very much