Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Wow, the last autosave was after I made Kirby Superscare but none of the other soldiers, which I customized before that, are still customized? Thanks I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Wow, the last autosave was after I made Kirby Superscare but none of the other soldiers, which I customized before that, are still customized? Thanks I love it.

This is your punishment for trying to save scum.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

This is your punishment for trying to save scum.

Loading to an earlier point once things are hopeless is completely different.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rASHG99nwh4

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
We've all been there before. Game for too long, demon starts taking over your body.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

who you missing, friend

Ridley would be cool, for one

There are others too, but Ridley first and foremost

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
What are some Skyrim mods that work on PS4 that make the game more cool and good? Like mods that change the actual game systems or whatever. Also do I really need a Bethesda account to use them because ugggghhhhhhh

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

There's SPERG, but I don't know if that's on PS4.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Is Skyrim 2 worth it

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Ostentatious posted:

Is Skyrim 2 worth it

No it's just Skyrim with more bugs atm

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Ostentatious posted:

Is Skyrim 2 worth it

I didn't pay for our copy, but it's really nice looking and runs really smooth on PS4. Also I never owned any of the DLC so getting all that is pretty cool.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Wow, so...the Faceless. :stonk:

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
The aliens in xcom 2 might be the best part. Just wait until you see the koolaid man.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

precision posted:

What are some Skyrim mods that work on PS4 that make the game more cool and good? Like mods that change the actual game systems or whatever. Also do I really need a Bethesda account to use them because ugggghhhhhhh

The uninstall mod

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

During that one 2 day period where Bethesda was charging people to use PC mods I frantically researched code based ways I could make a video game nonfunctional so I could sell an Uninstall Mod for $0.99 and make an easy million off the irony addled masses of PC gamers but by the time I figured out how to do it they got rid of the entire system.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Red Bones posted:

Real talk though considering how quickly the video games industry burns through devs, that might actually be the case. How long do most people last in game development, maybe ten years or so? There's probably barely anyone from the generation that knew how to do good 3D platforming design around anymore, outside of a company like Nintendo where they've kept making it as a genre. A lot of the folks from Rare who are making Yuka-Lalee are in their forties, you've gotta imagine a lot of people from their generation of developers simply aren't in the industry anymore.

The figure I've seen lately is 5 years average from first full time position to burnout.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

In Training posted:

During that one 2 day period where Bethesda was charging people to use PC mods

hahaha I remember that, wtf were they thinking

Someone posted pics allegedly of Hello Games' offices after dark. There's bottles of champagne on the desks, lol

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I just played two missions of Assault Android Cactus and hooboy do I feel on top of the world right about now. :D

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I love going back to old RPGs I haven't touched in years and finding out that they're way shorter than child-you remembers.

Started a game of Final Fantasy Legend earlier today and am already on the last floor, now that I know how to game the system.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Welp, I just learned what "HealSluts" are, gonna go drink a gallon of bleach now

edit: ^^^^ Final Fantasy Legend and especially FFL2 are goddamn awesome and so replayable, I love them, I really want to play the remakes in English :(

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

The disc ID of 2 is super fitting, it's "Super Mario Galaxy More"

the original plan for galaxy actually was for it to be an expansion pack or something of that nature, hence the disc name.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

In Training posted:

I frantically researched code based ways I could make a video game nonfunctional

methinks bethesda beat you to it, and charged $59.99 to boot :D

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

precision posted:

Welp, I just learned what "HealSluts" are, gonna go drink a gallon of bleach now

edit: ^^^^ Final Fantasy Legend and especially FFL2 are goddamn awesome and so replayable, I love them, I really want to play the remakes in English :(

you can play the remake of ffl2 in english

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

methinks bethesda beat you to it, and charged $59.99 to boot :D

:cheerdoge:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bethesda hasn't made a good game since like Elder Scrolls II.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I checked and the Bethesda development studio didn't even make Elder Scrolls II. They've only made Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Skyrim and Fallout 4.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

In Training posted:

I checked and the Bethesda development studio didn't even make Elder Scrolls II. They've only made Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Skyrim and Fallout 4.

That's a really good track record

Daggerfall is poo poo

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the best thing to come out of bethesda recently was uh. like three monster factory videos and the one where they play elder scrolls online and it (the game)'s really bad

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

you can play the remake of ffl2 in english

3 as well iirc.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

the best thing to come out of bethesda recently was uh. like three monster factory videos and the one where they play elder scrolls online and it (the game)'s really bad

How abut the beyond epic doom revival where you're a slow FPS guy who walks through 18 monster arenas with locked doors in between story beats and then do cinematic 3rd person invulnerable assassination cutscenes for 70% of he gameplay. A total game changer.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

all the final fantasy talk made me want to actually play the original because it's probably been like, 15 years since i even tried.

i let four friends choose the class of the characters, so i have a thief, a red mage, a black mage and a black belt. every time i get into a battle with two ogres, everyone almost dies. this is kind of fun.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i like bethesda's games and i don't care if it makes me a huge baby. i do think there were some major problems during the Oblivion/FO3 era in which the games were almost unplayable without mods, and i get that their games are glitchy and half-finished, but i really, really enjoy them.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

In Training posted:

How abut the beyond epic doom revival where you're a slow FPS guy who walks through 18 monster arenas with locked doors in between story beats and then do cinematic 3rd person invulnerable assassination cutscenes for 70% of he gameplay. A total game changer.
they didn't develop that, and also doom 2016 is good

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Who's saying Doom 2016 is slow. Game is fast as gently caress (and also super good)

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

like, there's a point in the weird vampire add on for skyrim where if you walk into a room too quickly, you are frozen forever because the people who are supposed to talk are trapped behind gates, and that is pretty bad, especially for the main quest of DLC, and they should have fixed it before release and, failing that, in a patch.

but there's also a lizard guy in oblivion in the imperial city who, really frequently, goes to walk down some stairs, and instead just steps off into the air and floats, hovering above the harbor district for the rest of your save file, and that poo poo owns.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I only played the demo and I didn't like it.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Who's saying Doom 2016 is slow. Game is fast as gently caress (and also super good)

I think they were getting at Bethesda's garbage marketing, where they debuted the game at E3 with a slow rear end trailer filled with the canned animations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The new doom has bad level design and creating a FPS around invincible instakill animations is fundamentally bunk.

• Locked thread