Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
My FLGS offers a 20% storewide discount for Halloween. gently caress me. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Iceclaw posted:

My FLGS offers a 20% storewide discount for Halloween. gently caress me. :suicide:

Are you a top or a bottom :getin:

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

I walked away with a Circle Battlegroup. So, Big Angry Werewolf? :getin:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Jimmy Hats posted:

I am playing in a team event on saturday and we're running this

http://conflictchamber.com/#b90z6I4Acu6v6x5U7y

Skorne Army - 35 / 35 points

(Rasheth 1) Dominar Rasheth [+28]
- Cyclops Savage [8]
- Mammoth [38]
Extoller Soulward [3]
Void Spirit [4]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (min) [5]
Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor [5]

And

http://conflictchamber.com/#b30z7b7w0d9v7R7W7T8tdH

Khador Army - 35 / 35 points

(Zerkova 1) Koldun Kommander Aleksandra Zerkova [+28]
- Behemoth [24]
- Juggernaut [12]
- Sylys Wyshnalyrr, The Seeker [4]
Winter Guard Infantry (min) [7]
- Winter Guard Rocketeer (3) [6]
- Winter Guard Infantry Officer & Standard [4]
Kovnik Jozef Grigorovich [4]
Gobber Tinker [2]

Gonna be a simple ARM debuff + shoot things to hell dealie. Should be fun!

We came in third! The Mammoth is fantastic and anyone who thinks otherwise is a doofus

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Who thinks the mammoth is bad? Hasn't it always been one of the best gargossals?

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
The mammoth has always been considered the best garg at least, as far as I know.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
I bought a poo poo ton of Cryx before mk3 because they won't get hit that hard, right?

chutche2 posted:

The mammoth has always been considered the best garg at least, as far as I know.

I've always heard good things about the blightbringer

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Mammoth was definitely considered the best of the Mk2 first round of Gargantuans. At the end of Mk2, I think people though better of blightbringer because, well Mk2 legion was really good and stuff.

I haven't heard much about the blight bringer in Mk3. Heard more about the Mountain King than anything else, but I think that's because I know hear more about trolls on podcasts and from local dudes.

With all that rambling aside, the mammoth is cool as hell. And don't forget with Makeda3's Hand of Death, the mammoth's ranged shots cause grevious wounds as well.

I wish I could get more games in than I currently do because I really want to run Morg2 with a mammoth and cannonneers and brutes.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Yeah I remember bb thagrosh and double warspears being a thing every legion player was stoked about

Amateur Sketch
Feb 23, 2008

a kaleidoscopic supernova
of all your hopes and dreams
I think Legion's excitement about the BB died down when they changed Thagrosh 1's feat to not work on gargantuans. Also the Warspears die a lot easier now even with tough, so I think double spears are less popular too. The BB is still a great garg though, its long range and support abilities are the best parts.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

But it's not a cool giant dragon. :smith:

Amateur Sketch
Feb 23, 2008

a kaleidoscopic supernova
of all your hopes and dreams

Iceclaw posted:

But it's not a cool giant dragon. :smith:

It's a walking nuclear fallout machine with too many teeth, I think that's got to earn some kind of pass.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
I've finally tidied up my Judicator so I want to play it at a tournament this weekend. Who should I use it with?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

xiw posted:

I've finally tidied up my Judicator so I want to play it at a tournament this weekend. Who should I use it with?

Sevvy 1, Sevvy 2, Reznik 1, Kreoss 1, Harbinger

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

xiw posted:

You should slap some green stuff on his guns and call him a revelator.

Also, guys, I just built a Menoth List without choir. Help. I'm losing it.

Very rare double edit: Nevermind, I couldn't do it. There is choir in the list now.

Gr4vyB04t fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Oct 31, 2016

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

AnElegantPeacock posted:

You should slap some green stuff on his guns and call him a revelator.

Also, guys, I just built a Menoth List without choir. Help. I'm losing it.

Very rare double edit: Nevermind, I couldn't do it. There is choir in the list now.

I'm glad you've corrected yourself

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

S.J. posted:

I'm glad you've corrected yourself

😘😘😘

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
I don't even own a choir, and I'm hoping to play against a friend soon when my stuff arrives. Maybe I should substitute some random other figures in as a choir... It seems like a mistake to run Menoth without a choir.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

New Hordes faction teaser: http://privateerpress.tumblr.com/post/152558748698/they-amble-forth-from-verdant-fields-of-rye-to

Gettin' hype for the insane farmer-cultist faction.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Pyrolocutus posted:

New Hordes faction teaser: http://privateerpress.tumblr.com/post/152558748698/they-amble-forth-from-verdant-fields-of-rye-to

Doubling down on my Halloween Town rip off prediction

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Pyrolocutus posted:

Ugh, gently caress this Tim Burton poo poo. I wanted a totem hunter faction.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Here's the video linked there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtZLEm3lBl0

And here's the helpful reverse video someone already uploaded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SUhv7frreY

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Ugh, gently caress this Tim Burton poo poo. I wanted a totem hunter faction.

You got the right idea

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
And here I thought it couldn't get any lamer than the non-trailer they did for the keynote.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Gotta get dat Malifaux crowd I guess

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Malifaux crowd? :v:

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Wizard Styles posted:

Malifaux crowd? :v:

All 10 of them.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Hey, hey. Both games are cool and good :colbert:

Funnily enough, post-Mk3, the WMH crowd at my shop has been falling to maybe 2-4 people at regular nights, while the Malifaux crowd is usually 6-10 people.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

ANY QUESTIONS????

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

head58 posted:

ANY QUESTIONS????

Hahaha

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Man, Hungerford got old.

Pyrolocutus posted:

Eh, I guess there's a possibility that it might be good. :smug:

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I actually think malifaux is a fun game but there is absolutely no scene around here for it.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
I think it's a good game too, but there are just too many good games out there now for me to play em all! If there was local interest I'd play malifaux.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Let me tell you about my gigantic collection of boxed Robotech and Wrath of Kings collections that seemed like a really good idea at the time.......

PS if anyone knows someone looking for huge model collections for super cheap for those games let me know.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Let me tell you about my gigantic collection of boxed Robotech and Wrath of Kings collections that seemed like a really good idea at the time.......

PS if anyone knows someone looking for huge model collections for super cheap for those games let me know.

How cool are the Robotech models? I dig giant robots and models of said robots.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

xiw posted:

This is my Judicator list. Defender's Ward on the Idrians until enough of them are dead that it makes sense to put it on Judicator. You can also swap Tristan for a Reclaimer + Wrack to have that Redeemer firing POW 18 shots assuming all your debuffs and buffs are in play.

(Kreoss 1) High Exemplar Kreoss [+29]
- Judicator [36]

Choir of Menoth (min) [4]
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt [8]
- Attendant Priest [3]
Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios [7]
Kell Bailoch [5]
Idrian Skirmishers (max) [15]
- Idrian Skirmisher Chieftain & Guide [5]
Vassal of Menoth [3]
Initiate Tristan Durant [4]
- Redeemer [11]
Vassal Mechanik [1]
Vassal Mechanik [1]
Wrack [1]

susan
Jan 14, 2013

PaintVagrant posted:

I think it's a good game too, but there are just too many good games out there now for me to play em all! If there was local interest I'd play malifaux.

The Seattle/Tacoma Meta is on a hard Malifaux swing right now while PP works on the Mk 3.5 rule set. Seriously, we had a 26 person Malifaux event last week and haven't had a 20+ person WM/H tournament for months.

TheInvisiblePooka
Dec 18, 2012

Pyrolocutus posted:

Funnily enough, post-Mk3, the WMH crowd at my shop has been falling to maybe 2-4 people at regular nights, while the Malifaux crowd is usually 6-10 people.

Between the two FLGS I frequent, I have never seen anybody play Malifaux. :colbert:

Regardless, I have high expectations for the new Hordes faction. I have no doubts that PP will gently caress it up somehow, but I'm expecting a glorious aesthetic mixture of Nightmare Before Christmas and Over the Garden Wall.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

mp5 posted:

This is my Judicator list. Defender's Ward on the Idrians until enough of them are dead that it makes sense to put it on Judicator. You can also swap Tristan for a Reclaimer + Wrack to have that Redeemer firing POW 18 shots assuming all your debuffs and buffs are in play.

Looks pretty cool thanks, I don't have an attendant priest so I'm going to try a variant of this with Taryn for anticolossal work. Good excuse to paint eiryss1 anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Excelsiortothemax posted:

What scale are these robotech models?