Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

lol fallen mvp over tim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

https://twitter.com/Thooorin/status/792872831256322048

Technically 10 years ago because Thorin is a moron, but still. It took long enough, but it was worth it.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

symbolic posted:

https://twitter.com/Thooorin/status/792872831256322048

Technically 10 years ago because Thorin is a moron, but still. It took long enough, but it was worth it.

I like him complimenting c9 after calling Ska worthless. gently caress thorin

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010

Google Butt posted:

lol fallen mvp over tim

Turns out when you let the fans vote and there's a home team....

drowningidiot
Sep 27, 2014
I'm super impressed C9 managed to regroup after letting Overpass slip. That had to have been so demoralizing.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
Why is the deagle considered bad? It seems like guides don't recommend it. In general I think my economy management is really screwing me over after the first three rounds.

Fusion Restaurant fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Oct 31, 2016

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Fusion Restaurant posted:

Why is the deagle considered bad? It seems like guides don't recommend it. In general I think my economy management is really screwing me over after the first three rounds.

It's rather expensive for a gun that isn't very accurate. It has a supreme one hit kill range for pistols, but followup shot accuracy if you don't make that first shot is extremely poor, and will get you murdered more often than not. Other common pistols are cheaper and more versatile, as well as sporting much better moving accuracy at shorter distances, where aggressive pistol-wielding is preferred.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Famethrowa posted:

I like him complimenting c9 after calling Ska worthless. gently caress thorin

I liked him for a while but at Eleague he was just an rear end in a top hat. You're getting paid to talk about video games, calm down.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

Xenaero posted:

It's rather expensive for a gun that isn't very accurate. It has a supreme one hit kill range for pistols, but followup shot accuracy if you don't make that first shot is extremely poor, and will get you murdered more often than not. Other common pistols are cheaper and more versatile, as well as sporting much better moving accuracy at shorter distances, where aggressive pistol-wielding is preferred.

Ah that makes sense.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Agoat posted:

I liked him for a while but at Eleague he was just an rear end in a top hat. You're getting paid to talk about video games, calm down.

Thorin is the guy spamming his "LOL KYS" bind in chat after a teammate fucks up a clutch.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
Is there a good place to get VODs reviewed - e.g. a subreddit or something? I'm looking at them myself, but figured having someone else run through one and tell me my top 10 biggest things to work on or something would help. I can see my positioning fuckups on a micro scale -- e.g. repeeking, or not jiggle peeking a corner step by step, but not the macro stuff, like where I defend, or rotate, or choose to buy.

Also, Silver 2-> 4 so far lol.

Fusion Restaurant fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Oct 31, 2016

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Post them here. A few of us in higher ranks (including myself) have done that for other posters. The highest I've gotten is SMFC and have one recent season of ESEA under my belt, but other guys like xen, garfu, swift, depths, arf, and a couple other goons are well suited for this type of thing since we (and other posters that I may have forgotten) have tons of experience with this iteration and previous CS games.

If you did post it the soonest I'd be able to get to it would be tomorrow evening after work, unless someone else is gracious enough to take that task on.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Post them here. A few of us in higher ranks (including myself) have done that for other posters. The highest I've gotten is SMFC and have one recent season of ESEA under my belt, but other guys like xen, garfu, swift, depths, arf, and a couple other goons are well suited for this type of thing since we (and other posters that I may have forgotten) have tons of experience with this iteration and previous CS games.

If you did post it the soonest I'd be able to get to it would be tomorrow evening after work, unless someone else is gracious enough to take that task on.

That would be great! Any preference for the type of round? I was planning on just posting my most recent round, which was a relatively even ish win, but where I think I (like always) do a lot of stupid stuff.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

That would be great! Any preference for the type of round? I was planning on just posting my most recent round, which was a relatively even ish win, but where I think I (like always) do a lot of stupid stuff.

Just post the share link to the demo. Here's an example of when I did it earlier this year for a fellow poster. I was kind of a dick about it, but I got my points across. It may be difficult to comprehend what I'm getting at since you can no longer download the demo that I'm referring to (I'm guessing that the map was cache), but this would be the easiest way to do things.

EDIT: gently caress it, just add me on Steam and I'll run through it tomorrow with you if you'd like. I typically get home around 7pm EST.

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Oct 31, 2016

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Just post the share link to the demo. Here's an example of when I did it earlier this year for a fellow poster. I was kind of a dick about it, but I got my points across. It may be difficult to comprehend what I'm getting at since you can no longer download the demo that I'm referring to (I'm guessing that the map was cache), but this would be the easiest way to do things.

Oh that looks like great feedback. here's the share link: steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-CpNEi-HyYCk-4ELLY-NE47s-A3VTB

One other thing which would be helpful from the review is just identifying what the biggest thing I need to work on is. Like, I know my grenades are poo poo, but so is a lot of other stuff, so I'm having trouble figuring out what to prioritize. I think my aim doesn't translate as well from FFAs or arena shooters I've played since I tend to freak out in comp more and fire before I've lined poo poo up -- the low TTK in counterstrike psychs me out a bit. I think partially that's just a mentality thing and I need to just focus more on aiming etc than winning.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Oh that looks like great feedback. here's the share link: steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-CpNEi-HyYCk-4ELLY-NE47s-A3VTB

One other thing which would be helpful from the review is just identifying what the biggest thing I need to work on is. Like, I know my grenades are poo poo, but so is a lot of other stuff, so I'm having trouble figuring out what to prioritize.

Oh, don't worry. You'll be told what your greatest weaknesses are at this point, but even without watching your demo I'm going to say work on your aim, DM a shitload, then DM some more, watch demos, play comp games, DM some more, work on crosshair placement, then DM some more.

gently caress it, just add me on Steam and I'll whip you into shape. I typically get home around 7PM EST.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Anyone who plays on a mac have an issue where their computer just shuts the gently caress down for no reason? Can't turn it back on unless I switch plugs.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Soulex posted:

Anyone who plays on a mac have an issue where their computer just shuts the gently caress down for no reason? Can't turn it back on unless I switch plugs.

Are the fans working? (do macs have fans?)

it sounds like an overheating issue, especially knowing how CSGO stresses older CPU's

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

solo queued and ended up matching with some "twig1919", who was in the CSGO Goons group. Dude was loving useless. No mic, ran around with a shotgun, complained that his shots weren't hitting even though he was running, just a generally worthless player.

Don't be like him

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

New Zealand can eat me posted:

solo queued and ended up matching with some "twig1919", who was in the CSGO Goons group. Dude was loving useless. No mic, ran around with a shotgun, complained that his shots weren't hitting even though he was running, just a generally worthless player.

Don't be like him

1v1 me umps only

not to proves that you dont need a mic or some dumb poo poo, i just wanna 1v1 u

edit: ez 30-0 for demo

Demostrs fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Oct 31, 2016

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

I saw demo shirtless and all I got was owned in a UMP duel

New Zealand can eat me fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Oct 31, 2016

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

I saw demo shirtless and all I got was owned in a UMP duel

get owned gamer, i hosed u harder than tarik fucks up in pro matches

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Games > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - I saw demo shirtless and all I got was owned in a UMP duel

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

symbolic posted:

Games > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - I saw demo shirtless and all I got was owned in a UMP duel

crazy motherfuckin lan that was

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrMJItKbVQw

Sometimes the game just wants you dead.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
https://clips.twitch.tv/proleaguecsgo/LongSnakeKappaPride

:kimchi:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

LongSnakeKappaPride

Couldn't be more perfect.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I have several questions

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Henry really went for that. My man

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Agoat posted:

I have several questions
All of mine have been answered.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

I might have a crush on Henry

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Famethrowa posted:

gently caress thorin

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

I might have a crush on Henry

He is a handsome, handsome beast.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Famethrowa posted:

LongSnakeKappaPride

Couldn't be more perfect.

This was my thought too. I don't think Sadokist switch hits but I wouldn't put it past Henry G. His fashion has always left me questioning. Now like symbolic said. All my questions have been answered.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
now make the players kiss

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Looks like Machine quit ESL, not surprised after how Sao Paulo was run

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Those commentators and analysts are worked to death, so after a massive gong show like Sao Paulo on top of everything else I can't exactly blame the dude.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Photex posted:

Looks like Machine quit ESL, not surprised after how Sao Paulo was run

I think his contract ran out and he just wants to do freelancing instead

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

RyokoTK posted:

Those commentators and analysts are worked to death, so after a massive gong show like Sao Paulo on top of everything else I can't exactly blame the dude.

There's some tweets floating around between Janko and SirScoots talking about how they still have unpaid invoices from before the Cologne major.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Is machine the flirty Australian?

Famethrowa posted:

Are the fans working? (do macs have fans?)

it sounds like an overheating issue, especially knowing how CSGO stresses older CPU's

Signs have been pointing to this.

It's a 4K iMac so it's only like a year old. poo poo sucks so bad. That with my loving spotty internet? Sucks because I essentially have to take it in now because I've done all I can (unplug for ten seconds, plug for 5, turn on (the suggested steps)) and moved it.