Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

skylined! posted:

ur dum hth

Argue a single point in my post.
You can't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Cognitive dissonance in action

Refute this with your Dad's college degree https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1loRkVW0fys

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

:toxx: yourself for Trump please

Do it now, because we can't argue a single point in any of your posts

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Seriously I'm old enough to remember people calling into the CSPAN Democrat line in the 90's saying "Well I'm a life long Democrat but I can't vote for Bill Clinton because of [vomits out list of straight GOP talking points that contradict any sort of left leaning ideology]." This dumb fake stuff is decades old gimmick; try something fresh.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Radish posted:

If the polls are tightening it has a lot more to do with sheepish Republicans realizing they don't care about sexual abuse, national security, or whatever and coming home to vote for the guy that says he's cut the taxes of people richer than them.

Seriously spend five minutes of social media and you'll see that no one of the right side of the spectrum had forgotten about the emails prior to last Friday. They haven't forgotten about the cattle futures.

Any Democrat that has decided not to vote is just using that as an excuse for probably not planning on actually voting.

The remaining Republican voters, at this point, do not actually care about issues at all. They care about team identity and sticking it to the other guy.

The Republicans who care about issues aren't voting for Trump, at least not in significant percentages.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

pgroce posted:

I'll be very mad if reporters don't take the Harry Reid bait on Russia and run with it like they did Comey's "literally nothing known, but EMAILZ!"

Heh, and conservatives like to complain about the mainstream media having a liberal bias.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

No, it's not bait. You can't just dismiss a valid opinion backed by evidence because i don't like how it makes me feel to think about this

this board is "Debate and Discussion" yet you all seem incapable of doing anything beyond calling me names and circlejerking.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Heh, and conservatives like to complain about the mainstream media having a liberal bias.

Anything that exposes their rampant bullshit even passingly has a liberal bias. Truth has a liberal bias, etc.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
If the final oppo bomb on Trump exists it drops today, correct?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

Have you watched the news in the past few days at all? I think that might be why Hillary isn't doing well in the polls. I don't think it's an existential sudden change in the priorities of Trump voters. If I had to guess it would probably because Hillary is under investigation by the FBI and could be indicted before the election.

Also why are you framing everything as a party line us-vs-them race when that's clearly not what's happened this election cycle in either party? I'm voting against Hillary and I am a democrat. I'd say "people who read wikileaks" vs "people who read huffpo" is the line in the sand for this election, not party lines.

But I think it's interesting you mention those 3 points because those are why I'm voting trump. I'm not a fan of him, I just want my vote to count twice as hard against her.

- I care about sexual abuse, so I can not in good conscious vote to put a man who is on video groping a woman sexually in charge of economic policy & living in the whitehouse.
- I care about national security, and I think that electing a president with a track record of poor ethics and transparency who proposes to enact an act of war against Russia and Syria is a guaranteed danger to anyone. A guaranteed war with Russia is a lot worse than the chance of Trump loving up royally. I'll take a wildcard over a poo poo hand any day.
- I believe that closing tax loopholes and such is a lot more important than keeping tax rates for the rich high. Many of the ultra-wealthy pay no taxes or very little by hiding their income offshore, or avoid domestic business taxes through outsourcing. We need to get these people to start paying in the first place, not sperg out over not feeling vindicated by the rich getting punished.

other reason:
- Trump's propositions to combat government corruption, such as congressional term limits, are well worth 4 years of putting up with him. This is arguably more important than SCOTUS picks or any policy difference between the 2 candidates, if Trump can get it to pass.

You have just enough understanding to make your vote very, very dangerous. Meanwhile, I'm voting to keep loving militiamen like Oathkeepers and 3%ers from following through on promises to mobilize in my state.

I'm glad you're in a place where you can afford to have a Trump presidency in safety. Meanwhile, I'm going to go back to the muslim family on the third floor with the Trump sign on their door who said they're voting for him because it's the only way to make sure their family is safe from white terrorists they feel are watching the polls and will otherwise find out voted against him and hurt their children. They bought four of the TRUMP CAMPAIGN EXCLUSIVE MEMBERSHIP cards for $200 total. To carry around, in case they need to save their lives.

I need you to reconsider your vote for Trump

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Early voted in florida over the weekend (in broward county). Suprisingly it seemed like nothing but old white dudes doing the voting. I expected a more anti-trump crowd. (Some pro-trump demonstrators were outside the library having a halloween party and holding "Honk for trump" signs)

The best part was the poll workers noticing someone voting for the first time, and they called out "We've got a first time voter!" and much of the room applauded, except for the old man next to me who seemed very upset by this.

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Oct 31, 2016

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

If I had to guess it would probably because Hillary is under investigation by the FBI
No, she isn't.

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.
I'm glad all those republican / republican leaning FBI agents resigned, means less resistance when dread abuela's liberal hoover goes after the right.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

No, it's ... bait

I agree.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ohgodwhat posted:

Your poor reading comprehension is triggering me, please stop
The word "triggering" unironically* triggers me.

Can't we ask people to be respectful, such as respecting other's concerns for how they want to be addressed and referred to, without using silly words? (Not meant as an argument against alternative pronouns)

* Not sure if "unironically" triggers me yet

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

No, it's not bait. You can't just dismiss a valid opinion backed by evidence because i don't like how it makes me feel to think about this

this board is "Debate and Discussion" yet you all seem incapable of doing anything beyond calling me names and circlejerking.

You're right. Toxx for trump and show yor map.

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

At what point does this become boring and repetitive even for the troll?

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

other reason:
- Trump's propositions to combat government corruption, such as congressional term limits, are well worth 4 years of putting up with him. This is arguably more important than SCOTUS picks or any policy difference between the 2 candidates, if Trump can get it to pass.

Term limits would only serve to increase the power of lobbyists and is a godawful idea.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Hitler B. Natural posted:

At what point does this become boring and repetitive even for the troll?

Not quite yet.

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Oh goody.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Welp.

https://twitter.com/benchmarkpol/status/793069967725899777

quote:

Rasmussen

Clinton 45
Trump 42
Johnson 5
Stein 2

Was a 45-45 tie the last poll (on the 28th I think?)

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Ahahaha we've worried all weekend and actually everything is completely fine/great.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

Refute this with your Dad's college degree https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1loRkVW0fys

I didn't know that Bill Clinton was running for president. Has anyone told him about the 22nd amendment?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

God drat it, Johnson! You're going to spoil the election for Trump, just like Nader did in 2000! :argh:

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Potato Salad posted:

You have just enough understanding to make your vote very, very dangerous. Meanwhile, I'm voting to keep loving militiamen like Oathkeepers and 3%ers from following through on promises to mobilize in my state.

I'm glad you're in a place where you can afford to have a Trump presidency in safety. Meanwhile, I'm going to go back to the muslim family on the third floor with the Trump sign on their door who said they're voting for him because it's the only way to make sure their family is safe from white terrorists they feel are watching the polls and will otherwise find out voted against him and hurt their children. They bought four of the TRUMP CAMPAIGN EXCLUSIVE MEMBERSHIP cards for $200 total. To carry around, in case they need to save their lives.

I need you to reconsider your vote for Trump

Are you even from planet earth, or are you an illegal alien? Get back on your meds.

Crows Turn Off posted:

No, she isn't.

Investigation was reopened yesterday. So yes, she is.
https://www.rt.com/usa/364774-clinton-weiner-abedin-emails/

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Wow johnsons numbers really dropped through the floor, wasnt he closer to 10%?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

canepazzo posted:

Welp.

I wonder if this is Rasmussen finally moving towards everyone else ("herding", I think?), or if Hillary's lead is so crushing even their bias can't overcome it. Either way, this is great news, though the latter would be even better.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Gentlemen,

I am voting for Donald Trump because he will stop sexual abuse, notwithstanding the numerous allegations now dogging him. He will also not start a war, despite promising to rip up the Iran deal and blow Iranian boats out of the water.

In addition, given Trump's stewardship of his Foundation, he is best equipped to close the tax loopholes because he knows them.

Thank you.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

canepazzo posted:

Welp.

:trumppop:

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Wow johnsons numbers really dropped through the floor. That must all be doing to trump considering how far behind he was a week or two ago.

Johnson voters realized how futile their vote was and switched to a candidate that could actually get elected. I think it's correlated with an increase in Clinton voters and no change for Trump numbers? Maybe their moms said they had to vote Clinton or they'd get grounded.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Deified Data posted:

If the final oppo bomb on Trump exists it drops today, correct?

Maybe tomorrow morning, if they want to push it past Halloween. I reckon that'd be the last you'd be able to get something out widely and have it stick.

aBagorn posted:

Term limits would only serve to increase the power of lobbyists and is a godawful idea.

Yeah, if you look at states where these have been implemented, the state houses have become effectively run by lobbyists and outside interests, since they're now the only folks who possibly have experience on a given field. By rotating in a continuous cast of small-town nobodies and not allowing anyone to stay in office to build experience and wisdom on governing, you leave the groups who get paid to push their views as the only expert voices.

Granted, lobbying isn't ALL bad-- industries and interest groups deserve a seat at the table when it comes to regulations, and they can provide information on what would or wouldn't work and why. But they shouldn't be the ONLY seat at the table, which is what term limits often does.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

canepazzo posted:

Welp.

This, and the salty Turmp supporter replies, sustain me.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Protip: put the guy linking Russia Today as a source on ignore; also please stop quoting him so the rest of us don't have to scroll past their drivel. Thanks.

Radish posted:

I'm not getting too hopeful but there's the possibility of this being a hilarious blowout just because Trump's infrastructure is so comically inept and that can't show up in polling. Either way this will be a good lesson on how effective actually running a campaign is and if all you need is to rile up angry white people.

This is such a madcap election that I will be very impressed if the pollsters are anywhere near the right ballpark, especially wrt. the Trump vote.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

aBagorn posted:

How so? Explain your reasoning.
Term limits would only serve to kill off the world's penguin population. <-- this has just as much merit as the point you made.

hobbesmaster posted:

I didn't know that Bill Clinton was running for president. Has anyone told him about the 22nd amendment?

Do you not understand that Bill Clinton will be living in the east wing & in charge of economic policy? And certainly influential in his wife's presidency. Quit pretending it isn't relevant because you do not want to admit that you are voting for a rapist.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Teddybear posted:

Yeah, if you look at states where these have been implemented, the state houses have become effectively run by lobbyists and outside interests, since they're now the only folks who possibly have experience on a given field. By rotating in a continuous cast of small-town nobodies and not allowing anyone to stay in office to build experience and wisdom on governing, you leave the groups who get paid to push their views as the only expert voices.

Granted, lobbying isn't ALL bad-- industries and interest groups deserve a seat at the table when it comes to regulations, and they can provide information on what would or wouldn't work and why. But they shouldn't be the ONLY seat at the table, which is what term limits often does.

Exactly this. Ask the Latin American thread what it's like to have no career bureaucrats.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Wow johnsons numbers really dropped through the floor, wasnt he closer to 10%?

This happens basically every time for third parties and yet people are always shocked.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

canepazzo posted:

Welp.

Individual polls don't carry much information. We need more battleground state polls, and so far my guess is Florida and Ohio will not look too promising (wrt. big margin win).

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
All opinions are valid, because opinions are loving worthless trash.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

How so? Explain your reasoning.
Term limits would only serve to kill off the world's penguin population. <-- this has just as much merit as the point you made.

Teddybear put it nicely a few posts up

Teddybear posted:

Yeah, if you look at states where these [term limits] have been implemented, the state houses have become effectively run by lobbyists and outside interests, since they're now the only folks who possibly have experience on a given field. By rotating in a continuous cast of small-town nobodies and not allowing anyone to stay in office to build experience and wisdom on governing, you leave the groups who get paid to push their views as the only expert voices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Antti posted:

Protip: put the guy linking Russia Today as a source on ignore; also please stop quoting him so the rest of us don't have to scroll past their drivel. Thanks.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/10/28/trump-new-emails-clinton-probe-sot.cnn
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/28/fbi-reopens-investigation-into-clinton-email-use.html

Literally every major publication is running this story. You have to be the single most delusional group of people I have ever encountered.

• Locked thread