Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

This is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Henchman of Santa posted:

Most people are joking, at least to an extent.

yeah

I personally don't like to indulge in the Curry-bashing though because whatever else he's still in my top 3 to watch, so I save it for authentic degenerates like Dwyane Wade and James "Root Beer Barrel" Harden

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Rubio is actually the best and most adorable PG.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Curry had the greatest shooting season ever. Not the greatest PG season ever.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

The finger guns right before the flip turns this from kinda funny to hilarious

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

falling flipper

season 12 of always sunny is shaping up to be a monster

Sharparoni
Jan 11, 2004

THE MOST EXCITING MASCOT IN THE LAST 4000 YEARS OF COLLEGE SPORTS

Sorry, no, this is the NBA thread: No Bjokes Allowed.

I used to think Jokic's name was pronounced jock itch and I feel bad about that and hope he makes 3rd team All-NBA this season.

Have a good Monday everybody

Edit: I had a big dumb paragraph in here but I deleted it.

Sharparoni fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Oct 31, 2016

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

cravius posted:

Greatest regular season

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

I'm starting to think some of these people believe what they say

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

If people are still having to come to grips with the fact that Curry had one of the best 10 modern seasons last year then idk

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It certainly was a memorable and exciting regular season for the Ws.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Sharparoni posted:

Sorry, no, this is the NBA thread: No Bjokes Allowed.

I used to think Jokic's name was pronounced jock itch and I feel bad about that and hope he makes 3rd team All-NBA this season.

You are correct, just with an open J at the start rather than a hard one. It should be pronounced Yok-itch (with a short hard 'o' sound), but he's probably gotten used to it being Americanised with a long vowel sound. Novak Djokovic has long given up trying to correct US commentators on pronouncing his name correctly.

tanglewood1420 fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Oct 31, 2016

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

In other news the Warriors are complaining to the media that teams are being too physical against them literally three games into the season

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

But no one has kicked a warrior in the nuts or judo thrown them?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

straight up brolic posted:

In other news the Warriors are complaining to the media that teams are being too physical against them literally three games into the season

Shook Ones pt. 3

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

cravius posted:

He had both. Those two items aren't mutually exclusive in any way.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Libertine posted:

He had both. Those two items aren't mutually exclusive in any way.

He was 14th in assist %. I understand it's a debate but I can't sign off on the best PG season ever not being the dish king.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I must have missed Ron Artest's cameo in last season of American Horror Story

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/skirvin-hotel-lakers-metta-world-peace-ghost-haunted/1f6wi2wbxwvf11ajun4bmnursi

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Kull the Conqueror posted:

He was 14th in assist %. I understand it's a debate but I can't sign off on the best PG season ever not being the dish king.

I am not sure this matters in 2016.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Prime Chris Paul is the only modern PG that ever came close to Curry last season.

So it mostly comes down to how shook you think Paul was during this famous game compared to Curry in last years finals.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200904270NOH.html

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Lockback posted:

I am not sure this matters in 2016.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

https://vine.co/v/eDljqbm9wMv

ON CONCRETE

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

lol. what a clown

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I hope that nobody seriously buys into the Mark Jackson critique of Curry.

In other other news my boy Jonathan Simmons nearly Chaos Dunked Miami into oblivion last night.

https://streamable.com/9cr5

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

If people are still having to come to grips with the fact that Curry had one of the best 10 modern seasons last year then idk

Wait how are we defining "modern"?

Cause Kareem, Jordan, Lebron, Magic, BIrd, Shaq and a whole lot of others I'm forgetting have a lot of all-time great seasons to compare against.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyQSCH90zrA

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Super Jay Mann posted:

Wait how are we defining "modern"?

Cause Kareem, Jordan, Lebron, Magic, BIrd, Shaq and a whole lot of others I'm forgetting have a lot of all-time great seasons to compare against.
Curry's was definitely better than any Magic or Bird have had.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Yeah Brolic should know better than to say things like "Modern"

Either say 3pt era or come up with something specific if you are talking about more recent seasons.

Post Bulls Jordan/1st lockout probably makes the most sense. I wonder if we can get that to catch on.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Curry's was definitely better than any Magic or Bird have had.

Ehh, it's not quite that much of a slam dunk, especially compared to Magic who had some ridiculous seasons.

Looking at a bunch of numbers, I wonder what CP3 would've been like without his knees getting all messed up. It's hard to think he could've played better than he has.

alansmithee fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Oct 31, 2016

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Am I being pranked? Someone tell me right now if I'm being pranked

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
I think in years down the line Lebron going to Miami will be seen as the start of new era basketball. The Celtics and Lakers champions 2008-10 feel closer in spirit to the 90s blueprint than they do to basketball in 2016*. LeBron's Miami team and the Spurs around the same time kickstarted the trend to a motion based, 4 out offense paired with high intensity defence and switching that dominates league thinking now. Of course the Suns were playing that way on offense in like 2005, but I feel it was that 11/12 Miami team that truly mainstreamed it and started people copying it rather than just writing off the Nash Suns as an anomaly you couldn't replicate.

* that's probably not analytically true as I'm sure someone will prove shortly, but it feels that way to me, whatever that's worth.

tanglewood1420 fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Oct 31, 2016

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Away all Goats posted:

The finger guns right before the flip turns this from kinda funny to hilarious

Clapping as he gets up and runs away is also awesome.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Curry had an excellent season and is an amazing player. my point (not joking in the slightest) is that Irving had a better series than Curry by every metric. And saying Curry is a quantifiably better defender than Irving is weird cause he gets roasted by good PGs on the regular.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

alansmithee posted:

Ehh, it's not quite that much of a slam dunk, especially compared to Magic who had some ridiculous seasons.

Looking at a bunch of numbers, I wonder what CP3 would've been like without his knees getting all messed up. It's hard to think he could've played better than he has.

It very much is a slam dunk? It's not close, none of Magic's or Bird's seasons have even approached Curry's, unless you strongly believe in those guys having an unquantifiable defensive presence that narrows the gap. Which is an insane thing to believe.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Papercut posted:

It very much is a slam dunk? It's not close, none of Magic's or Bird's seasons have even approached Curry's, unless you strongly believe in those guys having an unquantifiable defensive presence that narrows the gap. Which is an insane thing to believe.

Bird had a few seasons that were comparable and played much better defense than either one.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Bird had a few seasons that were comparable and played much better defense than either one.
1. Which season was this?
2. I feel like you're either really overrating Bird's defense here.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

tanglewood1420 posted:

I think in years down the line Lebron going to Miami will be seen as the start of new era basketball. The Celtics and Lakers champions 2008-10 feel closer in spirit to the 90s blueprint than they do to basketball in 2016*. LeBron's Miami team and the Spurs around the same time kickstarted the trend to a motion based, 4 out offense paired with high intensity defence and switching that dominates league thinking now. Of course the Suns were playing that way on offense in like 2005, but I feel it was that 11/12 Miami team that truly mainstreamed it and started people copying it rather than just writing off the Nash Suns as an anomaly you couldn't replicate.

* that's probably not analytically true as I'm sure someone will prove shortly, but it feels that way to me, whatever that's worth.

Back then people were drafting big men to be Bynum stoppers and figuring out ways to deal with that Bynum/Gasol/Odom frontcourt. :lol: at the thought of teams doing that now

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Spring Break My Heart posted:

1. Which season was this?
2. I feel like you're either really overrating Bird's defense here.

Actually he's factually correct about Larry Bird's defense in the context it was presented

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Does Declan still post? I guess we'll find out since Larry Bird's defense was just brought up

• Locked thread