Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

iospace posted:

The thing about impeaching Hillary is it will hilariously backfire, like it did with her husband.

I'm trying to remember all the horrible things that happened to Team Rocket because they overreached on the impeachment but I'm drawing a blank. Pretty sure they scared Gore into running away from Clinton and gave Bush a giant opening, which itself was a huge success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

HARRY REID STRIKES AGAIN :unsmigghh:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Potato Salad posted:

I need a word then. At the same time, I'm a white bisexual man and I need a word for me too that recognizes the difference in the way the law handled our skin color pre and post civil rights movement, relevant per the current discussion on the SCOTUS and the fact that we are a week away from having the first liberal one since the civil rights movement.

this is coming off more abrupt than it is speaking in my head -- im being short because im typing very fast. im splitting my attention a few ways right now.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Please let this be a thing

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

What? I've never encountered someone who defends Polanski.

Both in CD here and in basically any movie forum I post on you'll get that any time it comes up. It's not as bad in CD as it is elsewhere but there's still plenty of "Well you know it wasn't a FAIR trial..." poo poo.

No, see guys, Comey is just an innocent person who was trying to do what was right. Completely innocent. Saying he had bias is just unproven!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Someone post the giant growing :ironicat: please.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Who?

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

MacheteZombie posted:

What? I've never encountered someone who defends Polanski.

There was a bit of closing ranks and kinda-sort defense among the wealthy and influential.

There was an article posted here a while back about the fashion industry, its celebrities, and Trump's journey through that field. It is astonishing the crimes that were forgiven for members of New York's wealthy social elite.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Pakled posted:

Impeachment is gonna be as common under the third Clinton administration as votes to repeal Obamacare are under Obama.

That's quite impressive, because O-care is still going to have repeal attemps.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
TB if it means anything I would totally support you or someone of your choosing to help mod DnD.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Seriously, if you are a woman or a person of color the best way to understand what it is like to be a white man is to realize we got really angry that a movie didn't have white men as the stars anymore.

When I watched the new Ghostbusters I was really disappointed that they made the only white male character a completely worthless dunce because he was the character that I most identify with. Except instead of getting mad about it I realized that's the feeling that minorities and women have been dealing with since forever.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Thanks a lot Obama

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

There it is

the oppo bomb

As far as is needed for this to get a fuckload of airtime: Russia is working with the Trump campaign.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Unfortunately no one other than Maddow and O'Donnell will cover this, and the rest of the media will be focused on "The FBI obtained a warrant, oooooooh, what will they find?"

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Yes-siree it sure is perplexing why Comey would do that. We've got a real mystery on our hands here folks.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

ImpAtom posted:

Both in CD here and in basically any movie forum I post on you'll get that any time it comes up. It's not as bad in CD as it is elsewhere but there's still plenty of "Well you know it wasn't a FAIR trial..." poo poo.

I've read a few interviews by her accuser and it's heartbreaking to see how her entire life and identity has been reduced by most people to "that girl Polanski raped"

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Male America is so drat sensitive.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Potato Salad posted:

I need a word then. At the same time, I'm a white bisexual man and I need a word for me too that recognizes the difference in the way the law handled our skin color pre and post civil rights movement, relevant per the current discussion on the SCOTUS and the fact that we are a week away from having the first liberal one since the civil rights movement.

Just say "black people." It's the metonymy that's dehumanizing.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

It's mostly Hollywood people

Like, Gore Vidal and Whoopi Goldberg have both said some pretty odious poo poo about it off the top of my head.

iirc Whoopi recanted later. She does that a lot - she seems to have some weird internal philosophy about fairness and giving people the benefit of the doubt waaaaaaayy beyond when most people would, and she also lives in a bit of a media bubble where she doesn't seem to get much news beyond "people are saying mean words about a person!" so she's like "mean words! those are wrong!" and then like six months later she'll have filtered enough actual facts in to be like "oh wait I defended a rapist whoops"

She did that with Cosby too

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

ImpAtom posted:

No, see guys, Comey is just an innocent person who was trying to do what was right. Completely innocent. Saying he had bias is just unproven!

I don't think he's biased for Trump. He's a politically tone deaf craven idiot. Not that that difference is all that relevant.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/samsteinhp/status/793175068411039744

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Lol what movie was that.

Yooo I know you didn't mean nothing by it but no please. Me and the handful of other black people here fought a long and bloody battle on this one just last week.

We are people now so do us the courtesy of calling us that.

Potato Salad posted:

I have had a few minutes to mull on this and remember that the precise term to use in the context to jurisprudence [edit - regarding the flavor of evil employed by Redmap-style gerrymandering] is protected classes.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Oct 31, 2016

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I have no idea who this is but it's cool

Thanks whoever

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Well that didn't take long.

With this it would appear that at most the Clinton team lost a weekend of early voting since it changes the story dramatically away from her until polls close.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

https://www.google.com/search?q=metonymy&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Didn't know what that meant, didn't think of that before, tyvm

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

iirc Whoopi recanted later. She does that a lot - she seems to have some weird internal philosophy about fairness and giving people the benefit of the doubt waaaaaaayy beyond when most people would, and she also lives in a bit of a media bubble where she doesn't seem to get much news beyond "people are saying mean words about a person!" so she's like "mean words! those are wrong!" and then like six months later she'll have filtered enough actual facts in to be like "oh wait I defended a rapist whoops"

She did that with Cosby too

This is the best theory on Whoopi's...odd... tendencies to defend people I've ever read.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Kilroy posted:

So are the past 1500+ posts just USPOL arguing with posters who make the observation the Trump can theoretically win, over and over again?

I mean I've been a pretty reliable :derp: in the past, but not this time. That's at least partially being too fatigued by this election to care much about the future of our civilization anymore, but also at least a little bit realizing it's too late for Trump to turn this around. I agree - go smoke some weed or something.

Also people talking about their experiences as minorities on SA and how the moderation can fail sometimes for us. That was a neat little discussion.

Hi, I'm catching up after class.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

ImpAtom posted:

Speaking as someone who was willing to give Comey the benefit of the doubt before... yeah, I was wrong, gently caress that guy.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

So are all the idiots (who were mostly TFF posters, I note as an absolute tangent that certainly isn't meant to connote anything about which forums are worthless garbage that should be deleted) who were defending Comey going to come and admit they were wrong as poo poo given these new revelations which more or less unquestionably reveal that he is a partisan hack?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/793173094760378368

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Potato Salad posted:

I have had a few minutes to mull on this and remember that the precise term to use in the context to jurisprudence is protected classes.

I forgot that term existed but it's a handy one isn't it! I also like how Canada discusses the concept of visible/nonvisible minorities, which is useful when you want to talk about GLBTQ, religion, and ableism issues

bhsman posted:

TB if it means anything I would totally support you or someone of your choosing to help mod DnD.

Thank you :unsmith:

I sincerely think KM is the best choice. She's brilliant and unlike me she has the patience of a saint

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Uh who are the tff posters defending Comey

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Ogmius815 posted:

So are all the idiots (who were mostly TFF posters, I note as an absolute tangent that certainly isn't meant to connote anything about which forums are worthless garbage that should be deleted) who were defending Comey going to come and admit they were wrong as poo poo given these new revelations which more or less unquestionably reveal that he is a partisan hack?

I don't remember any of the other TFF posters defending Comey at any point.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

TyrantWD posted:

Unfortunately no one other than Maddow and O'Donnell will cover this, and the rest of the media will be focused on "The FBI obtained a warrant, oooooooh, what will they find?"

Nahh, this is actually pretty huge since it proves that Comey is a partisan hack trying to influence the election which is a much bigger scandal than emailzi #1488.

Fox and the right wing idiots won't cover it but expect it on the major networks this evening.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I don't remember any of the other TFF posters defending Comey at any point.

Accusations about other subforum posters are flying about today.

(I think he meant TFR, but idk)

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/793175755807133696

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

MacheteZombie posted:

I only know two things: Deflategate was a conspiracy of the liberal media, and Hillary did benghazi

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

"Sorry, there's too much Russian interference now. Election is now postponed to 2017"

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

MacheteZombie posted:

I cannot imagine anyone from TFR defending Comey either, but elections do weird things to people.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I will brook no criticism of TFF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I wish I had image editing skills because I so want to edit a gif of Harry Reid as Little Mac knocking out Glass Joe as Comey.

• Locked thread