Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Alright. It's time for all of US Pol to dispense of something.

Hillary Clinton is not a good campaigner. She is a /fantastic/ campaigner. This only came out because she managed to swing the narrative from her to Comey in the space of 24 hours. Now Comey is so deep in the fuckbarrel it's hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I don't remember any of the other TFF posters defending Comey at any point.

Oh poo poo I meant TFR. TFF is a great forum that I have nothing against.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

I forgot that term existed but it's a handy one isn't it! I also like how Canada discusses the concept of visible/nonvisible minorities, which is useful when you want to talk about GLBTQ, religion, and ableism issues

Thank you :unsmith:

I sincerely think KM is the best choice. She's brilliant and unlike me she has the patience of a saint

But your probation notes would be way more entertaining to read and you would probably visit such ferocity and vengeance upon us whites that it would be a sight to behold.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Comey's plan backfiring spectacularly is really good

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Can I just point out how loving insane this election is that we now appear, less than a week before the election, to have the director of the FBI attempting to openly influence the election.

Every single bit of this election is insane bullshit.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

I only know two things: Deflategate was a conspiracy of the liberal media, and Hillary did benghazi

Deflategate was a weird period of moral crisis for me because the NFL clearly overstepped their bounds and their behavior was extremely anti-labor

On the other hand gently caress the Pats so hard

Sturmtiger IV
Jun 20, 2004

So is that thing a robot or a monkey or what

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

FWIW, 538 pegs it at 65% chance of Dem control for the Senate atm.

Based on this, I have a question for goons. In this scenario, If a) Merrick Garland doesn't get a hearing/confirmed by this Senate and b) he is not chosen as the nominee by Hillary, who are some of the likely good choices that would be interesting to read about? I remember when Scalia first passed away that Sri Srinivasan was on Obama's short list, and he's p. cool. There are some interesting choices here but what does everyone else think? I do like Garland by the way and hope he would be the first choice.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

iospace posted:

Hillary Clinton is not a good campaigner. She is a /fantastic/ campaigner. This only came out because she managed to swing the narrative from her to Comey in the space of 24 hours. Now Comey is so deep in the fuckbarrel it's hilarious.

B-b-but unfavorables! :qq:

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

iospace posted:

The 12th dimension of chess

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

But your probation notes would be way more entertaining to read and you would probably visit such ferocity and vengeance upon us whites that it would be a sight to behold.

KM's probations would all have amazing gifs.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Deflategate was a weird period of moral crisis for me because the NFL clearly overstepped their bounds and their behavior was extremely anti-labor

On the other hand gently caress the Pats so hard

Any moral crisis that has "gently caress the Pats" as an option isn't a moral crisis.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
...and the head of the loving Freedom Caucus becomes the latest official to publicly say Comey hosed up big time.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

The narrative is not about Comey, that is just fanfic.

headline update, 10/31

CNN: EMAILZ

MSNBC: Tightening race

CBS: EMAAAAAAAAAAAAILZ!

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

A Winner is Jew posted:

It's a decent remake but yeah people have dog piled onto the director for being a rapist... which never stopped anyone from seeing a Roman Polanski movie but I'll give you one guess as to what the director of BoaN skin tone is and why it suddenly matters.

Roman Polanski also didn't bully the victim afterwards to the point of literally driving her to kill herself

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Sturmtiger IV posted:

Based on this, I have a question for goons. In this scenario, If a) Merrick Garland doesn't get a hearing/confirmed by this Senate and b) he is not chosen as the nominee by Hillary, who are some of the likely good choices that would be interesting to read about? I remember when Scalia first passed away that Sri Srinivasan was on Obama's short list, and he's p. cool. There are some interesting choices here but what does everyone else think? I do like Garland by the way and hope he would be the first choice.

Odds are pretty good Ginsberg will retire in the next year or two so you can speculate about that w/ no worries.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Trump now has a 1 in 4 chance of winning, according to 538. Those don't seem like long odds to me

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
Keeping Garland on deck would be best, if only to showcase beyond all doubt the sheer rank hypocrisy of Senate Republicans when they still refuse to confirm him, despite their ostensible reason for stonewalling being their wanting to wait for the outcome of the election.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Feldegast42 posted:

Roman Polanski also didn't bully the victim afterwards to the point of literally driving her to kill herself

No he just accused her of being a drug addicted gold-digger who deserved it

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

In Florida news:

https://twitter.com/steveschale/status/793175380081410048

quote:

Had a chance to crunch some more Florida data from weekend, and there are definitely some positive things for Dems related to Hispanics.
First, Hispanics now make up almost 13.5% of FL registered voters who have voted. And it has been fractionally growing every day.
Keep in mind, in FL, registration actually under counts Hispanics, since it is a self-reported category. So number higher than 13.5%.
But moreover, the NPA and Democratic Florida Hispanics who are voting are disproportionately low propensity voters.
In fact 50% of the FL Hispanic Democrats and 55% of Hispanic NPAs voted to date have never voted, or only in 1 of last 3 elections.
I don't want any Dem to read this and get overly giddy -- the election here in Florida is super close, and every vote is going to count.

I think this is moderately good news.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

ImpAtom posted:

Can I just point out how loving insane this election is that we now appear, less than a week before the election, to have the director of the FBI attempting to openly influence the election.

Every single bit of this election is insane bullshit.

Somewhere the ghost of Hoover is like "you can do that?"

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

I have full faith not only in the snappiness of KM's leper's colony burns but in the ferocity of her gifs. I assume mods all get the ability to hand out avs for free too, so chaos reigns

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

HannibalBarca posted:

Keeping Garland on deck would be best, if only to showcase beyond all doubt the sheer rank hypocrisy of Senate Republicans when they still refuse to confirm him, despite their ostensible reason for stonewalling being their wanting to wait for the outcome of the election.

There's no way anyone besides Garland becomes the next justice. If he doesn't, this method of blocking will be considered a success and will happen again and again.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

The narrative is not about Comey, that is just fanfic.

headline update, 10/31

CNN: EMAILZ

MSNBC: Tightening race

CBS: EMAAAAAAAAAAAAILZ!

Get back to us in an hour since the Comey story just dropped.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

lmao at the GOP supporting Russia's candidate

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I remind myself hourly that I left work early on Friday due to stress incurred by this chucklefuck's letter and I kick myself for being an uncontrollably arzying fool

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Also I'm literally going to jail as soon as I finish my coffee so I'd be derelict in my duties for 3-6 months depending on good behavior.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

Somewhere the ghost of Hoover is like "you can do that?"

I have full faith not only in the snappiness of KM's leper's colony burns but in the ferocity of her gifs. I assume mods all get the ability to hand out avs for free too, so chaos reigns

So you would endorse KM for Queen Mod of USPol. This truly is an auspicious day.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Also I'm literally going to jail as soon as I finish my coffee so I'd be derelict in my duties for 3-6 months depending on good behavior.

holy poo poo

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

haveblue posted:

There's no way anyone besides Garland becomes the next justice. If he doesn't, this method of blocking will be considered a success and will happen again and again.

The caveat to this analysis is that anyone who Hillary appoints on her own (Srinivasan for an example, who is a cool guy; I met him) would likely be to the left of Garland -- but, critically, that relies on her having a Senate majority.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Did you watch the Last Week Tonight segment on school segregation?

Because if not I would skip it.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion: You have a constitutional right to be a dumbass > политика октября: бу-гы-га-га бу-гы-га-га

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I think we can provide and alibi for you. Internet alibis work on murder charges, right?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I only know two things: Deflategate was a conspiracy of the liberal media, and Hillary did benghazi

Hey, someone has to stop Brady, and it sure as hell isn't going to be another team.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Potato Salad posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion: You have a constitutional right to be a dumbass > политика октября: бу-гы-га-га бу-гы-га-га

Bylat

Literally Elvis
Oct 21, 2013

Chris Hayes is a goon confirmed

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

A Winner is Jew posted:

Did you watch the Last Week Tonight segment on school segregation?

Oh not yet! I have it in my queue. I trust John Oliver had good thoughts on the subject. He's comfortingly reliable about that kind of thing.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

And now, some cuteness:
https://twitter.com/WardDPatrick/status/793177940854968320
:allears:

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Thanks for reminding me that I should read the misogynoir thread more often.

Also uh good luck in jail? :ohdear:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I think we can provide and alibi for you. Internet alibis work on murder charges, right?

tiny was here with me all day officer

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

ImpAtom posted:

"Your honor I believe you'll find that the defendant was a corncob at the time..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Oh not yet! I have it in my queue. I trust John Oliver had good thoughts on the subject. He's comfortingly reliable about that kind of thing.

Yeah so... skip it.

Not because it isn't good mind you, but because you'll literally break your TV over one piece in particular.

A white kid at a school had to do a presentation on MLK, so he dresses up as MLK including going full black face

• Locked thread