Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

mcmagic posted:

It's pretty distressing to see progressive minded people making excuses for her awful foreign policy. I mean there is no doubt that she's going to be horrible on foreign policy from a progressive prospective, right?

i dont see why she would be any worse than obama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Did you ever listen to the Tribe track the song was in response to? I was listening to midnight marauders for the first time a few years ago and heard the same beat and was like "huh"

Sucka Nigga? I don't know if it was a response per se, Q-Tip is featured on Mr. Nigga. They're both based on the sample from Red Clay by Freddie Hubbard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA1ZelIbUfI

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Majorian posted:

Doesn't bother me. I've had lots of cocktails with egg whites. Comparing it to Trump turns my stomach though.:gonk:

Open wide and enjoy a tall glass of Liquid Trump. :barf:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Instant Sunrise posted:

Sounds like they're using Bernie to shore up progressives for various statewide races. I've been seeing a lot of campaigning by him in favor of Prop 61 here.

I bet he's fired up as all hell. Dude's one hell of an energetic campaigner for someone his age.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

mcmagic posted:

It's pretty distressing to see progressive minded people making excuses for her awful foreign policy. I mean there is no doubt that she's going to be horrible on foreign policy from a progressive prospective, right?
You sound like you already have an answer, so why phrase it in the form of a question?

She's certainly not going to be as peaceful as we might like. However, for all the lovely downsides of our status quo, I think a system where we sell Estonia and Alaska to the Russians while also withdrawing from NATO and giving the EU, UK etc. cause for great alarm and/or major rearmament isn't exactly wonderful either. I support reducing our military but it will, of necessity, be a thing we do in stages.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

mcmagic posted:

It's pretty distressing to see progressive minded people making excuses for her awful foreign policy.

Who's doing this?

Evil Fluffy posted:

Open wide and enjoy a tall glass of Liquid Trump. :barf:

Oh you motherfucker.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

boner confessor posted:

Iraq war vote?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Cingulate posted:

Iraq war vote?

Which she totally still supports and agrees that it was the right decision...

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

boner confessor posted:

I think she will be much worse on the Israeli-Palestinian issue than Obama has been.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Cingulate posted:

Iraq war vote?
So develop this out. What's the point this leads to?

She will probably be about as aggressive as Obama, maybe a little more, perhaps a little less. Are you saying she is eager to re-re-invade Iraq?

Built 4 Cuban Linux
Jul 15, 2007

i own america
CNN fired Donna Brazile, so expect that story to get much bigger.

Ridiculous that Lewandowski still works there somehow.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Cingulate posted:

Iraq war vote?

Obama wasn't in the Senate then, and if he were he probably would have voted for it like most Democrats did

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Cingulate posted:

Iraq war vote?

Everyone who harps about this needs to remember that 2004 ws a different time. No one thought the Bush FP crew would just lie about everything to trick America into going to war. That didn't seem possible.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Koalas March posted:

I ain't shocked racist as gently caress white people would think it's ok to Rachel Dozaur/scaleface for football and put it on display like they ain't got nothing to be ashamed of.
:lol:

farraday posted:

:golfclap:

However tiny brontosaurus has already said it was a respectful use of dinosaurs and not species appropriation.

In my optmistic zeal I had assumed the dino had simply eaten the white girl. On closer inspection I see that I am wrong. :eng99:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Built 4 Cuban Linux posted:

She left CNN 17 days ago and hadn't worked for them since July when she became temporary DNC head, so it should be defused. But lots of media types are real dumb

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ogmius815 posted:

Everyone who harps about this needs to remember that 2004 ws a different time. No one thought the Bush FP crew would just lie about everything to trick America into going to war. That didn't seem possible.

not to mention the 1991 iraq war (which was closer in time to the 2003 iraq war than today...) went pretty well so there was no real reason to believe it would leave the country an unstable mess for decades

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

WampaLord posted:

It's probably the most accurate poll of this election, then.
In the same way that a stopped clock is the most accurate clock in the world twice a day, yeah.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I thought she quit a month or so back when she became head of DNC.

And yes, Lewandowski being there makes no loving sense. But then, it never made any sense to begin with.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Cingulate posted:

Iraq war vote?

A large majority of the country supported that vote based on the info available during that time you idiot. Especially New Yorkers, of which, she was a senator of.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
Keep in mind the Iraq war vote was intended to give the president the leverage to say "make these inspections work or else". It wasn't necessarily a vote to 100% for sure go to war.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

It's already a minor headline on most news sites--I can't see how it would get much bigger by tomorrow though

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

mcmagic posted:

I know. I don't think it fits the definition of Murder though. It was definitely a war crime.

It's pre election everyone is blind to their teams flaws in the run up and during the honey moon. This is the lady who voted for Iraq, gloats over killings and has the stupidity to suggest a no fly zone to get into a pissing match with Russia. She will be much worse than Obama, who "only" ramped up drone strikes killing thousands.

Being better than Trump does not mean she is good, and there's no reason to gloss over flaws because she is on your "side".

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ogmius815 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdFw1btbkLM

Nessus posted:

So develop this out. What's the point this leads to?

She will probably be about as aggressive as Obama, maybe a little more, perhaps a little less. Are you saying she is eager to re-re-invade Iraq?
I feel like I'm doing stupid pundit talk now, but: she lacks wisdom. She, and again, I know these words sound silly, does not have the necessary respect for the universal value of all human life, nor the required distaste for violence.
"As good as Obama" is an optimistic upper bound indeed.

On the other hand, I do not expect she'll act foolishly or extremely.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Agrajag posted:

A large majority of the country supported that vote based on the info available during that time you idiot.

Obama vocally opposed it though. It's not unfair to hold that up as a valid difference between the two, to his advantage.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Ballz posted:

I thought she quit a month or so back when she became head of DNC.

And yes, Lewandowski being there makes no loving sense. But then, it never made any sense to begin with.
It feels like this entire campaign is the Establishment (outside of the actual Democratic Party itself) lobbing softballs at Trump so he at least has a fighting chance to win the game, and yet he has hosed it up over and over, to the point where he is now in the point of "can technically still win; probably won't".

Like even during the primary season I heard about Bernie and Trump constantly, Hillary hardly at all. And despite all, it still ain't gonna work!

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Some raving troll got loose in the thread, goons took the bait, and the mods were all asleep.

Really, really not the appropriate logic when you're talking about two nuclear superpowers.

I will grant that his ego is big enough that he believes he is the Russian state, but no one else does. If Putin decided to go all Stilson I doubt anyone would follow his launch order.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Lewandowski is a giant douchebag rear end in a top hat that shouts down anyone and everyone especially women, and they fire Donna Brazile. gently caress you CNN.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

flashman posted:

It's pre election everyone is blind to their teams flaws in the run up and during the honey moon. This is the lady who voted for Iraq, gloats over killings and has the stupidity to suggest a no fly zone to get into a pissing match with Russia. She will be much worse than Obama, who "only" ramped up drone strikes killing thousands.

Being better than Trump does not mean she is good, and there's no reason to gloss over flaws because she is on your "side".

Cite the gloating tia

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

In my optmistic zeal I had assumed the dino had simply eaten the white girl. On closer inspection I see that I am wrong. :eng99:

Openly celebrating the death of a white person is just more proof of racial discrimination against white people by all the black posters in this thread. :colbert:

I'm sorry

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!
I can't really figure out why the Clinton campaign decided to go so hard on linking Trump with Russia for the final stretch. It just seems so ridiculous that Trump is a puppet of Putin, that it feels like wasted opposition.

At this point the only thing either campaign should be going for is voter turnout/suppression and the small amount of undecideds still out there.

Trump should be attacking her on corruption, which he is.

Clinton should be attacking Trump on his big issue, incompetence. Which she is not.

Just seems weird with all that savvy she decided to double down on Russian ties.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.
I don't think the no-fly zone is good foreign policy, but it needs to be weighed against Trump, who is overwhelmingly worse when it comes to "recklessly starting wars".

quote:

"And, by the way, with Iran, when they circle our beautiful destroyers with their little boats, and they make gestures at our people, that they shouldn't be allowed to make, they will be shot out of the water," Trump said to thunderous applause. Soon the crowd began to chant: "USA! USA! USA!"

He later denied shooting at the Iranians would be an act of war when pressed on it by a journalist. There are a million quotes like this, including him proposing retaliating to an ISIS terrorist attack with nuclear weapons. Trump is a bloodthirsty warmonger of epic proportions, a thousand times worse than Clinton. People like Noam Chomsky who are scathingly, justifiably critical of US foreign policy are calling for swing state voters to vote for Clinton largely on the grounds that Trump is butcher-in-waiting.

It really can't be stressed enough that Trump's foreign policy is unbelievably bloodthirsty and confrontational, even compared to the absolute worst reading of Clinton's positions.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

For the people decrying Hillary for being so violent and militaristic, who is the US president you wished she acted more like?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Agrajag posted:

A large majority of the country supported that vote based on the info available during that time you idiot. Especially New Yorkers, of which, she was a senator of.

We can't expect someone who's going to be president to have better judgement than the "Majority?" I didn't support the war. There were millions of people in this country who didn't support it and at least hundreds of thousands who actively protested it. Your defense of her vote is a loving embarrassment.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Hey, despite all the bad news, today some genuine progress in the ongoing struggle for equality. I know many of us oppose cheerleaders on feminist grounds and that's valid, but you can't deny that breaking a racial barrier always matters

I'm offended that they're continuing the stereotype of featherless theropods.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

FuzzySlippers posted:

For the people decrying Hillary for being so violent and militaristic, who is the US president you wished she acted more like?

FDR :haw:

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Shillary posted:

I will grant that his ego is big enough that he believes he is the Russian state, but no one else does. If Putin decided to go all Stilson I doubt anyone would follow his launch order.

My point is that you shouldn't play brinksmanship games with nuclear powers, regardless of their head of state/deep state.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

boner confessor posted:

Israel - Palestine for one. There's also credible reports that she's been pretty much pushing for a more militant solution to a lot of decisions Obama ended up making. She pushed for more troops in Afghanistan, she pushed for a confrontation with North Korea which China warned against and Obama vehemently rejected. There's certainly no indication that she will de-escalate the drone wars or US support of the Saudi-led war on Yemen.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

mcmagic posted:

We can't expect someone who's going to be president to have better judgement than the "Majority?" I didn't support the war. There were millions of people in this country who didn't support it and at least hundreds of thousands who actively protested it. Your defense of her vote is a loving embarrassment.

i agree that elected officials serving as representatives of the people should completely ignore the wishes of their constituents, this is a good idea in a democracy

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Cite the gloating tia

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/clinton-on-qaddafi-we-came-we-saw-he-died/

There you go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Agrajag posted:

I was like 12 or 17 or something at the time and every newspaper I read at the time said one thing: when you go there, Saddam will falter within minutes, but a crazy amount of sectarian violence will immediately fill up the vacuum. Also, literally every person who has not yet shot Harry Whittington would have told you back then that the pretenses were idiotic: there was no danger of Saddam actually harming anybody but his on citizens any time soon, and he had zero connections with the 9/11 attackers.

All of these were obvious facts. It may be that a majority of Americans did not accept these obvious facts. But I expect the leader of the free world to be a good drat bit smarter and wiser than the average guy. (Cf. Obama)

• Locked thread