Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Deadulus posted:

So I missed most stuff today. We are now at Comey saying the FBI shouldn't release russia thing because it could influence election but he released Clinton email to influence election.

And apparently the Trump campaign may have had a server to communicate to Russia. That about right?

Yep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
Going forward, democrats should switch to using only smoke signals for correspondence instead of emails imo

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Deadulus posted:

So I missed most stuff today. We are now at Comey saying the FBI shouldn't release russia thing because it could influence election but he released Clinton email to influence election.

And apparently the Trump campaign may have had a server to communicate to Russia. That about right?
Yah, your scorecard is up to date.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
Nvm already posted

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

I will die laughing if the October (November?) surprise is the Clinton campaign leaking e-mails from Trump's private server that shows Trump is a paid Russian stooge. That's the kind of turnabout that could secure the House

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

quote:

It claimed that Russian intelligence had "compromised" Trump during his visits to Moscow and could "blackmail him."

I pity the FSB agent(s) who had to have sex on tape with Donald, I hope at least she was paid well.

Kit Walker posted:

I will die laughing if the October (November?) surprise is the Clinton campaign leaking e-mails from Trump's private server that shows Trump is a paid Russian stooge. That's the kind of turnabout that could secure the House

Both sides will probably unleash whatever scum they have left in their drawers to draw attention from the opponent's leaks. It would have to be something extremely conclusive stuff to change any voter's minds at this point, though, anonymous sources making vague claims about Trump's Russian connections are unlikely to harm him among his supporters when he's openly told them that USA should collaborate with Russia in Syria.

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Nov 1, 2016

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

UV_Catastrophe posted:

Going forward, democrats should switch to using only smoke signals for correspondence instead of emails imo

Clinton has hinted that she uses an alternate method of communication with Kaine. Given her nerdiness and fondness of spy novels, I like to imagine it's an Enigma Machine.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

BlueBlazer posted:

I mean for christ's sake, if anyone dug through anyone else who professionally used email they will find something ridiculous.

Pretty much. Doubly so if like Hillary you have someone's schedule.

The last week at work I got a call from a law firm then right afterwards went to a place for lunch that I never have been to before. Clearly I'm up to something...

talking with attorneys is a common part of my day and I've been meaning to try that restaurant for a long time. turns out that place has loving amazing shawarma

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Dogwood Fleet posted:

Clinton has hinted that she uses an alternate method of communication with Kaine. Given her nerdiness and fondness of spy novels, I like to imagine it's an Enigma Machine.
Stands can speak with other Stands, so they just use that

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Deadulus posted:

Yeah and then the Trump-Russia stuff started leaking.

It is looking like someone is trying to 'balance the books' by leaking anti-Trump from the FBI files.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Dogwood Fleet posted:

Ravens. Alternatively, "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine."

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Deadulus posted:

manafort is being looked into for russian connections and more leaks from spies saying trump was being cultivated by the russians.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I'm arzying over the Dems not being able to win the Senate now. Somebody bring me to my senses.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Instant Sunrise posted:

i never said it was, i was specifically trying to find posts in there from people who were left-wing

My point was just that given that we're talking about the mood of US voters in 2003, the viewpoint of a Dutch Marxist at the time is of kinda limited utility.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

I see the term "arzying" being thrown around A LOT in this thread. Could someone explain the origin of it for me?

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Captain Fargle posted:

I see the term "arzying" being thrown around A LOT in this thread. Could someone explain the origin of it for me?

Read the OP

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Spacebump posted:

I'm arzying over the Dems not being able to win the Senate now. Somebody bring me to my senses.

There's a really good chance they won't. We don't really know. It depends on what, if any, enthusiasm damage is done. Part of the reason it seemed likely was decreased Trump enthusiasm and increased Democratic enthusiasm, which the EMAILEMAILEMAIL thing hurts.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

manafort is being looked into for russian connections and more leaks from spies saying trump was being cultivated by the russians.

Holy poo poo. This feels fake as hell. Gonna go pinch myself.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Spacebump posted:

Their chances haven't gone below 60% on 538 in the last few weeks. Unless this emails stuff keeps hurting Hillary I don't see the Senate being in too much danger

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Captain Fargle posted:

There was once a poster named Arzy who lost their goddamn mind any time anything negative happened to Obama's polls. Elsewhere they call people like that "chicken littles" but "arzying" caught on here.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Kit Walker posted:

Read the OP

Ahh. Gotcha. That clears it up.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Arzying is also a city in Tajikistan

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Give it time...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

Give it time...

That's legitimate bewildering unless all of those people are goons. I guess that is how terms spread though.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Spacebump posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvPugcb7QGE

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

That's legitimate bewildering unless all of those people are goons. I guess that is how terms spread though.

Going by the dates on the tweets, it's not exactly commonplace.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

ImpAtom posted:

Lol I'm sure they're all goons. That's also, as far as I can tell, every single public Tweet featuring the term "Arzying."

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

ImpAtom posted:

imagine in a couple years the guy that has to research the etymology of the word when they add it to the oxford dictionary

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

Lol I'm sure they're all goons. That's also, as far as I can tell, every single public Tweet featuring the term "Arzying."

Oh, well, that's a lot less bewildering then. I should have looked at the dates.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

Arzying is also a city in Tajikistan

Oooh! Neat!

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

USPOL Oct: The Hunt for Red October surprises

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

AriadneThread posted:

imagine in a couple years the guy that has to research the etymology of the word when they add it to the oxford dictionary

he'll be in good company with the people who had to investigate MaggotMaster and Wulgus

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Spacebump posted:

Honestly, it was probably over before the email stuff came out. Bayh is a complete gently caress up, and the often praised difference in ground games that was supposed to make up a few points and carry the Senate candidates who are running behind Hillary in their states seems to be over hyped. There are also huge amounts of GOP donor money flowing into these races at the last minute, so barring an Access Hollywood tape x 1000 coming out tomorrow, make your peace with a Republican senate and 4-4 SC.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

TyrantWD posted:

Honestly, it was probably over before the email stuff came out. Bayh is a complete gently caress up, and the often praised difference in ground games that was supposed to make up a few points and carry the Senate candidates who are running behind Hillary in their states seems to be over hyped. There are also huge amounts of GOP donor money flowing into these races at the last minute, so barring an Access Hollywood tape x 1000 coming out tomorrow, make your peace with a Republican senate and 4-4 SC.

Can't she make a recess apointment?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I'm still not 100% convinced they can get away with a 4-4 SC for years if we don't take the Senate. The SC is already avoiding certain cases specifically because it doesn't want to rule when it'll deadlock 4-4 and I have to imagine the Justices will get cross eventually.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

FlamingLiberal posted:

SCOTUS is not exactly helping things in OH....this was a case regarding voting restrictions

https://twitter.com/KimberlyRobinsn/status/793209862167617537

Lovely. Always nice to see one of the liberal justices make a decision that hurts the ability for people to vote. :psyduck:

follow that camel!!
Jan 1, 2006

Given Trump's thing for calling out people about stuff he actually did, and how he keeps going on about Clinton's handling of classified information, there is a 100% chance he got honeydicked by the FSB, and they'll release the video of him banging a minor if he doesn't play ball bigly.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

canepazzo posted:

USPOL Oct: The Hunt for Red October surprises

Corny but I laughed.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Ugh, I really wish he would have picked someone else for an exclusive. thats not the most non-partisan site in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

follow that camel!! posted:

Given Trump's thing for calling out people about stuff he actually did, and how he keeps going on about Clinton's handling of classified information, there is a 100% chance he got honeydicked by the FSB, and they'll release the video of him banging a minor if he doesn't play ball bigly.

Remember: He eagerly accused Clinton of being Putin's puppet in a totally bizarre nonsequitar.

That's all the confirmation I need that he's Putin's guy.

• Locked thread