Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

acumen posted:

I know it's possible to beat things without wall but for most people it's a must-have for every high-end fight since it came out. I'd sooner drop shout than wall - never leave home without it.

I've got a native Shout but not Wall, so usually I do RW it, but for this fight Lightning's SSB was so good at melting the Azers that I couldn't really afford to give that up or I wouldn't have enough killing power to get rid of them before their AoE and single-target damage started piling up. I'm just underequipped for this one either way, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waldean
Apr 27, 2005

SageAcrin posted:

Maria Song for RW.

Hey, hey, you know what wasn't loving worth it? THIS. THIS WAS NOT loving WORTH IT. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DO THIS loving FIGHT UNLESS YOU HAVE REAL GODDAMN 5* SKILLS!!!

Two damned people out of hones at the end! 0/0, entirely out! Pyroclasm'd him, it DIDN'T KILL despite like the last THREE hits being on an empty bar and Ramza frigging crits him to finally thunk his stupid rear end down! With a normal physical!

This fight is stupid!

Ahem. Venting over.

So, so many times Y'shtola got stopped right before Wall came up to be refreshed, or Basch got Slowed/Stopped, which negated any chances I had because the offense was so razor edge on requirements...

You'd probably have an easier time dropping the double cuts for breakdowns. Move the banishing to Basch, stick one of Power/Magic Breakdown on Ramza and the other on Vaan.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog

Waldean posted:

You'd probably have an easier time dropping the double cuts for breakdowns. Move the banishing to Basch, stick one of Power/Magic Breakdown on Ramza and the other on Vaan.

Nah, 800-850~ attack depending on the phase+break resistance says "screw your breaks unless you have like three separate types of them".

Gotta love bosses that slam hard into the softcap. Trust me, it only matters for the ITD move. (I originally had Faris up there where Rosa was-Rosa was far more effective due to MBlink, the Medica and, sadly, Diaga doing more damage than Faris. :sigh:)

(You might be also assuming I have R4 levels of Breakdowns. I don't-they're more like R2. My file is amazingly new, but I have great SBs at least. :v:)

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

loving finally Lenna can ditch her white robes :woop:

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

For those wanting to crush the U fight, I set my RW to level 80 Lightning with FF12 synergy and a Kaiser Shield. Will take out all the little adds in 2 casts and do about 2/3 of the bosses health to boot. QKq6

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Swift Bolt is the easiest way of dealing with the U IMO, especially if you can't mitigate the damage without wall. A 3* ability with a fast cast time that hits for like 6-8k aoe? Yes please. Two ninjas isn't the worst idea either, as we should be fighting Omega again in a few weeks, so having two Swift Bolts will be handy there.

KnoxZone fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Nov 1, 2016

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

For those wanting to crush the U fight, I set my RW to level 80 Lightning with FF12 synergy and a Kaiser Shield. Will take out all the little adds in 2 casts and do about 2/3 of the bosses health to boot. QKq6

Same, have a XII sword and ATK accessory along with the Kaiser on my Lightning at qcqe

If you're looking through your inventory/vaults for ice resistance, the Arctic Armlet (no RS), Gigas Armlets (II) and Skybreaker Earrings (III) are the best options and well-worth sacrificing some +Atk or +Res boosts.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

KnoxZone posted:

Swift Bolt is the easiest way of dealing with the U IMO, especially if you can't mitigate the damage without wall. A 3* ability with a fast cast time that hits for like 6-8k aoe? Yes please. Two ninjas isn't the worst idea either, as we should be fighting Omega again in a few weeks, so having two Swift Bolts will be handy there.

Man I need to level up some other ninjas apparently, I've got Ramza at level 83 with that and it was hitting for 3k. I also need to get some more resistance gear. It sucks because there's an ice resistance armlet behind one of the nightmare dungeon bosses, but it's on the one record I can't make any headway in, of course. My synergy for this realm is nonexistent though, all I've got is 3 of Balthier's Aldebarans which are...not very useful for me right now.

One or two more sundailies should get my mage team up to a decent level, and then it's just a matter of grinding out orbs to get the skills and hones up to snuff. Still need to get some better mage SBs though, I've somehow ended up with 8 physical BSBs and only 1 magic one. And half of my magic-related SSBs overwrite each other.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Posted on the last page the 7* Witch's Hat without Synergy, but I'll post it side by side with the Synergy'd Witch's Hat.

So...uh yea, that hat has some decent stats with Synergy. Not that I really run mages to begin with.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog
Something else to remember; Even if you don't run mages in general, if you haven't done the mage Nightmares, that hat'll get synergy bonuses from Nightmare Synergy.

So, there's that. We haven't even gotten the last of those yet.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
What the actual gently caress is maser eye

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Fresh FF9 soul breaks:

Garnet levels up her Ramuh into a BSB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4ErLtF8KaI
Quina's BSB involves food and kitchen utensils: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJLiiJtMrro
Kuja plays with his balls: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t0H1JwFkbs
Beatrix has a very shiny sword: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZKAQFgW0Hk
... and has no problem swinging it around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTx3J_FZixc

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Is there a reason they have Ramuh so involved with Garnet's Relics?

Three of them involving summoning him.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Inge posted:

A really strong, scripted physical darkness attack :eng101: Keep a dark resist accessory on your healer (you do have one, you just got it from Mateus and it boosts res with synergy to boot) and make sure protect and wall are up and you should be fine...for a whole.

Also for the guy saying earlier that Mateus is made for mage meta, please remember that mateus resists all elements but lightning and the ice azers NULL all elements but lightning. Mages are much, much more beholden to elemental resists than physical teams, and the fight basically makes all mage BSBs/SBs without a lightning or nonelemental component useless. It definitely favors phys teams unless you're an actual crazy person and honed up multiple copies of thundaja or something.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Dr Pepper posted:

He's the only eidolon to actually have a conversation with Garnet, so there's that

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Dr Pepper posted:

Ramuh is the first Summon Garnet meets and the first Summon she can use (because of plot/MP requirements). Probably just a small call back to FF6 when Ramuh is the only who reveals the stuff about Terra since IX is all about the small references.

Hope stole Alexander is the real answer.

Varance posted:

Quina's BSB involves food and kitchen utensils: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJLiiJtMrro

Beatrix has a very shiny sword: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZKAQFgW0Hk

The split second of Steiner in the background of the OSB behind Garnet and Beatrix, the best.

Also, Quina, the Halloween BSB.

Inge posted:

A Laser eye, but with microwaves.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Dr Pepper posted:

Ramuh is the first summon that Garnet gets after having all of her eidolons forcibly extracted from her. He talks with her at length about what her power is and what that means, so it's the one summon that has significant meaning other than "I can summon this".

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

giving gabranth a Gigas Armlet (moderate I/F/L resist) and Draw Magic kinda clowned the U+ CM

KnoxZone posted:

Yuffie with Swift Bolt, +30% ninja damage RM, and Heathen Frolic Sarabande was definitely MVP for me on that fight. and that's putting her up against Crushing Blow Lightning.

Prav fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Nov 1, 2016

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
Ultimate++ downed.

PCecil (LV84) | Battleforged | Excalibur (FF4)/Armguard (5* RS)/Fateful Coin | Banishing Strike R4/Saint Cross R3 (BSB: Paladin Force)
Faris (LV80) | Viera Virtuoso | Yoichi Bow (5* RS)/Heavy Coat+++ (3*+++ RS)/Vossler's Gauntlet (5* RS) | Magic Breakdown R4/Thief's Revenge R3 (SB: Sea Lord's Barrage)
Exdeath (LV80) | Devotion | Holy Rod (5* RS)/Exdeath's Cuirass/Silver Pinion | Memento Mori R3/Curaga R5 (SBs: Grand Cross, Neo Almagest)
Ramza (LV85) | Dr. Mog's Teachings | Hammerhead+++ (4*+++ RS)/Chanter's Djellaba (5* RS)/Aries | Power Breakdown R4/Full Break R2 (SBs: Shout, Tailwind)
Y'sholta (LV74) | Mako Might | Judicer's Staff (5* RS)/Chanter's Djellaba (5* RS)/Cat's Bell | Curaja R4/Protectga R1 (SB: Stoneskin II, Medica II)

RW: Divine Judgment (Hope BSB)

Yeah this fight is brutal as hell, but my successful run had Y'sholta get stopped and I didn't even notice. Each burst command from Exdeath was doing about 30k a shot (the Holy Rod having +Holy Damage was a nice bonus), which was particularly amazing considering by the end even PCecil wasn't hitting for 9999x2 with EnHoly Saint Cross.

It did get close to a wipe once SSII inevitably wore off (Ramza and Y'sholta had dropped and one more big AOE would have killed off everyone else), but an EnHoly Paladin Force finished the last 40k HP off by itself and got me the win. Just ignoring his gimmicks and crushing him beneath as much raw damage output as I could muster to avoid him overwhelming me with stopped party members or the like.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

A really strong, scripted physical darkness attack :eng101: Keep a dark resist accessory on your healer (you do have one, you just got it from Mateus and it boosts res with synergy to boot) and make sure protect and wall are up and you should be fine...for a whole.

Also for the guy saying earlier that Mateus is made for mage meta, please remember that mateus resists all elements but lightning and the ice azers NULL all elements but lightning. Mages are much, much more beholden to elemental resists than physical teams, and the fight basically makes all mage BSBs/SBs without a lightning or nonelemental component useless. It definitely favors phys teams unless you're an actual crazy person and honed up multiple copies of thundaja or something.

Yeah figured out that it was physical, and that's why I was getting smashed. Couldn't bring protect so used trueblade of legend to take the edge off. Now I'm trying to deal with daedalus! This guy are the hardest U++ boss so far, I think

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I've got a native Shout but not Wall, so usually I do RW it, but for this fight Lightning's SSB was so good at melting the Azers that I couldn't really afford to give that up or I wouldn't have enough killing power to get rid of them before their AoE and single-target damage started piling up. I'm just underequipped for this one either way, I think.

Yeah, multi-boss Ultimates are almost always the hardest. Just wait until 4 months from now when we get the Vayne event when we have to fight U+ Mandragoras. That fight is utterly loathesome for anyone. Even long-term JP players had trouble with it.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Zurai posted:

Yeah, multi-boss Ultimates are almost always the hardest. Just wait until 4 months from now when we get the Vayne event when we have to fight U+ Mandragoras. That fight is utterly loathesome for anyone. Even long-term JP players had trouble with it.

Anything we should do to prepare for that battle, relic- or ability-wise?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

https://twitter.com/FFRK_Official/status/793269685106073600

Don't worry guys, the FFRK Twitter is on the case.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007

Zurai posted:

Ahriman I managed to get through with Indomitable blade and attacking the clones to build gauge before his 50% slowga, so I could bust out Shout on top of it and nuke him down. I'm struggling with Daedalus, actually - his HP stock and stop proccing is ridiculous and I don't have any Holy SBs except intercession (Penelo is level 1)or stop resistance accessories.

I might try a one character damage mage meta with a Hope BSB RW, in 200 more greens I'll have at 8* Stoneblade which should give me about 540+ Mag on a fully dived Maria, and have literally everybody else mitigating, which should free some space for someone to run Stop for low mind overwrites.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Alxprit posted:

https://twitter.com/FFRK_Official/status/793269685106073600

Don't worry guys, the FFRK Twitter is on the case.

Yeah, I just sent a support email myself, in case they need those to determine who did and did not receive.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Ugh--just don't quite have enough damage to beat the U+ fight CM, but can do it if I get like two SC double-casts. Hate how I'm pretty much forced to use a certain party and the XII relics I currently have mean jack.

edit: God I did it. Took a desperate attack command from Vaan with no abilities left, unshouted.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Nov 1, 2016

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Zurai posted:

Yeah, I can imagine. The regular version of the Mandragoras is unfathomably painful already in every concievable way, and the U+ has them all start hasted.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

the Orb of Zot posted:

Yeah, I can imagine. The regular version of the Mandragoras is unfathomably painful already in every concievable way, and the U+ has them all start hasted.

That's actually standard to all versions of the fight, because they start with Haste in FF12.

ETB posted:

Not really. It's actually possible to do it with a nearly brand new account by that point thanks to Cid Raines's BSB, but it took me more than 4 hours of reloading. The Cid's Mission on my main took longer. It's just a bullshit fight, like every version of the fight, except that they have a stacking all stats (and I do mean ALL stats, including accuracy and evasion) buff and heal every time one dies.

I guess you can make sure you have Sleep, Blindga, and maybe Cry honed, because all the Mandragoras are vulnerable to one status, and those three statuses can help neuter three of the five of them for a decent chunk of the fight. Of course, then you have to worry about the Queen whacking the sleeping Pumpkin Star and waking it up then having it immediately turn around and Scream at the party, silencing your healer and/or your Raines BSB user.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Shell / Protect is all I've got, yeah.

You need Magic Breakdown for a fight life this. Also Full Break, even rank 1, will probably be a huge help for Mateus if you're bringing a Lightning RW to kill the adds in two rounds. Blizzajas should be much more manageable with proper mitigation applied.

Really you should be bringing some sort of defensive breakdown to every Ultimate or higher fight.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Zurai posted:

That's actually standard to all versions of the fight, because they start with Haste in FF12.

FF12 in FFRK is an abject study of "just because this fight was designed like loving poo poo in the original game doesn't mean you have to be faithful and make the fight terrible in your mobile game".

I mean, they won't give us FF5's bosses being cripplingly weak to instant death poo poo to justify making those kinds of skills, so why do they feel like they need to be so goddamn accurate to literally the worst parts of FF12 (examples: mandragoras, elder dragon, god help us if we ever get an actual Ultima fight, it's like Yunalesca but worse)

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

KataraniSword posted:

FF12 in FFRK is an abject study of "just because this fight was designed like loving poo poo in the original game doesn't mean you have to be faithful and make the fight terrible in your mobile game".

I mean, they won't give us FF5's bosses being cripplingly weak to instant death poo poo to justify making those kinds of skills, so why do they feel like they need to be so goddamn accurate to literally the worst parts of FF12 (examples: mandragoras, elder dragon, god help us if we ever get an actual Ultima fight, it's like Yunalesca but worse)

Hey, look on the bright side. The Mandragoras in FFRK don't flee at hyper loving speed to five separate corners of the room they're in every 30 seconds after casting their crippling status effects.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

KataraniSword posted:

This. Holy poo poo FF12's boss design just seems to be such a huge issue, especially since so many bosses resist every element or all but 1 element. It's legit ridiculous.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

If I don't get my mythril before the 12 banner ends my salt will be at dangerous levels

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

If I don't get my mythril before the 12 banner ends my salt will be at dangerous levels

I'm pretty sure you'll get it in time to pull your Danjuro

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

ETB posted:

There is a lot that's basically down to RNG and status effects. That said, pulling Larsa's Cloud Staff will help, as it's the only XII Hastega, allowing you to RW Wall. You definitely want to bring a Dancer (so Penelo for CM). While AoE does help, bursting them down too quickly just leads to all of them spamming AoE Headbutt in return. If you're going for Mastery, you need both Holy and Dark attacks; if you have Gabranth's SSB that's an easy way to fill that element, but otherwise your only Dark options for the CM are Gabranth/Vayne using Darkness abilities, or Ashe using Ultima Weapon.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

U-DO Burger posted:

I'm pretty sure you'll get it in time to pull your Danjuro

That would give me a 6+ which would be pretty cool tbh

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
I pulled on Banner 1 of FF12. I got Gaia Gear(ehn) and Fran's SSB(yay). So I'd say it was good, I needed some good FF12 synergy.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
:siren: Reminder: Overnight server maintenance starts in an hour. Don't hoard stamina for Tuesdaily, spend it all now. :siren:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

CaptainPsyko posted:

:siren: Reminder: Overnight server maintenance starts in an hour. Don't hoard stamina for Tuesdaily, spend it all now. :siren:

Thank for the headsup, I was going to start rolling over my stamina for Tuesdaily.

(edit) Datamining is in progress now @ https://www.reddit.com/live/xuz3ahncb1cj

Some interesting things like global multiplayer beta, several lucky draw banners, boss revenge event, somekind of boss event that starts today/tomorrow, orbfest in december, etc.

Attestant fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Nov 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
We're translated through Angeal; the XI Grandmasters event isn't translated, so it's anyone's guess when we get Ayame and Curilla.

Some Gold Fes-related stuff- the Coliseum starts when maintenance is done, it appears; the orbfest part isn't until December.

Rematch dungeon coming.

More of these themes.

Multiplayer!

• Locked thread