Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

follow that camel!! posted:

Given Trump's thing for calling out people about stuff he actually did, and how he keeps going on about Clinton's handling of classified information, there is a 100% chance he got honeydicked by the FSB, and they'll release the video of him banging a minor if he doesn't play ball bigly.

Source your fanfics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Charlz Guybon posted:

Can't she make a recess apointment?

Senate Republicans can prevent a recess appointment by never having an adjournment long enough to allow a recess appointment, essentially having a few low-level Senators meet then immediately adjourn every few days during periods when Congress isn't in session.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Charlz Guybon posted:

Obama might be able to as the new congress is seated before inauguration. Hillary would probably have to wait 2 years for the next congress.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

NYT joins the fray:

https://twitter.com/susannecraig/status/793250125753843712

quote:

Our Latest on Trump's Taxes: How Donald Trump Avoided Paying Taxes Using Other People’s Money.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Charlz Guybon posted:

Where's Joementum when you need him? I'm not perfectly clear on this, but as I understand it Congress must be in recess and during the last pissing contest after Obama recessed someone they have pro forma sessions where the most junior members have to come in on Christmas, gavel a session in and then gavel it out 10 minutes later to stop this. However, there is a mandated break in between the last session of Congress and the new session of Congress once the EVs have been counted. Since Obama would still be Pres at that point he may be able to recess appoint Garland which would get us back to 9 (there may be some rule preventing this as I said I'm not an expert) but the second someone leaves whether by retirement or death then we're back to 8 with Congress doing loving nothing until the next Presidential election.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

TyrantWD posted:

Honestly, it was probably over before the email stuff came out. Bayh is a complete gently caress up, and the often praised difference in ground games that was supposed to make up a few points and carry the Senate candidates who are running behind Hillary in their states seems to be over hyped. There are also huge amounts of GOP donor money flowing into these races at the last minute, so barring an Access Hollywood tape x 1000 coming out tomorrow, make your peace with a Republican senate and 4-4 SC.

Last minute doesn't mean poo poo for actual boots-on-the-ground GOTV operations.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

how's the Arzying going?

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

My Halloween wish is that the media as a whole spends the next week making GBS threads on Trump relentlessly because he's a total gently caress that deserves nothing less

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Evil Fluffy posted:

Lovely. Always nice to see one of the liberal justices make a decision that hurts the ability for people to vote. :psyduck:

she referred it to the court and there was no dissent. Given that, I'm guessing it was probably the correct decision legally for whatever reason.

edit: either that or they quickly deduced it would be 4-4 and went "gently caress it"

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

So, is everyone just deciding now's the time to poo poo on Trump again to make up for the Emails?

If so, I am happy.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

how's the Arzying going?

We're halfway to Tajikistan by now

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Sorry but with motherjones articles I just assume immediately that they're false, that site is a total shitshow

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Night10194 posted:

So, is everyone just deciding now's the time to poo poo on Trump again to make up for the Emails?

If so, I am happy.

If anyone has anything to say about Trump this is the only week left to do it.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

the fact that all poo poo poo poo is happening now is proof the media isn't doing hillary's bidding for her, every other time tons of poo poo all comes out all at once there's not enough collective attention span for any of it to get any traction, especially fighting against the tidal wave of EMAILS

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
So is this mother jones story going to get buried or what?

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Scent of Worf posted:

It's about Trump and not about EMAILS EMAILS EMAILS so yeah probably.

Also Mother Jones.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

how's the Arzying going?

Everything is going to be horrible forever.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

What if Trump really is a Russian puppet. I'm not even talking about it being discovered before election day, I'm talking about it being discovered afterwards.

poo poo would be crazy. I would rub it in so many faces.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

QuarkJets posted:

Sorry but with motherjones articles I just assume immediately that they're false, that site is a total shitshow

They did break that 47% story though..

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Night10194 posted:

I'm still not 100% convinced they can get away with a 4-4 SC for years if we don't take the Senate. The SC is already avoiding certain cases specifically because it doesn't want to rule when it'll deadlock 4-4 and I have to imagine the Justices will get cross eventually.
If it was just the R side constantly blocking Garland or whoever is put up as Scalia's replacement while shouting 'TOO LIBERAL! THEY"RE TOO LIBERAL, WHOEVER THEY ARE!' I'd agree. But they're already laying the groundwork for arguing that really, nine justices is just too many and has allowed judicial activism to run amok, and so if you think about it shrinking the court to say, (*counts likely deaths and retirements during the next administration*)six, is actually the good and moral thing to do and it is in fact you who is obstructing democracy here, Dumbocrat.

Which is a loving ridiculous narrative, but so is a lot of poo poo they've pulled in the last eight years without suffering much in the way of negative consequences.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

QuarkJets posted:

They got the 47% tape back in 2012

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

QuarkJets posted:

Are you mixed up with Jacobin or something?

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

QuarkJets posted:

Whoever it was apparently convinced Harry Reid too, seems to line up with what he was saying

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

So what is the story with Malik Obama? I see he is doing an AMA on /r/the_donald.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

seiferguy posted:

I'll have to check that out! My girlfriend and I have been meaning to head up to Vancouver since it's been forever since we've been there.

If you're up this way, the Squamish and Lil’wat Cultural Centre in Whistler is also worth a visit.
https://slcc.ca/

(Seconding the MoA though.)

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

rscott posted:

Whoever it was apparently convinced Harry Reid too, seems to line up with what he was saying

He might've been talking about the Russia Is Trying To Undermine Our Election Story.

Or the Russian server.

Or the Russian agent that was Trump's campaign manager. For free. Suspiciously right when he needed a 'real' campaign manager to replace Lewandowski.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Deadulus posted:

So what is the story with Malik Obama? I see he is doing an AMA on /r/the_donald.

He is related to Obama and that's about it but takes advantage of the fact he's related to Obama while being a shitlord to get attention.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Night10194 posted:

I'm still not 100% convinced they can get away with a 4-4 SC for years if we don't take the Senate. The SC is already avoiding certain cases specifically because it doesn't want to rule when it'll deadlock 4-4 and I have to imagine the Justices will get cross eventually.

They absolutely can get away with a 4-4 SC. Republican voters are going to reward obstruction, and there aren't enough voters ready to hold Senators accountable for stonewalling for 1 year, or 5 years. Honestly, we could get a similar split result in 2020 with Hillary winning and the Republicans controlling the Senate, with a SC down to 3-3, and they are still not going to let anyone through.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

rscott posted:

Oh wow I forgot Harry Reid mentioned something about this

This is getting :tinfoil:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Deadulus posted:

This tweet thread offers some insight into it.
https://twitter.com/Christiana1987/status/788810676512882688

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

He is related to Obama and that's about it but takes advantage of the fact he's related to Obama while being a shitlord to get attention.

also he's obviously really super bitter that he's the eldest son but no one cares about him in comparison

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Scent of Worf posted:

Oh wow I forgot Harry Reid mentioned something about this

This is getting :tinfoil:

I suspect that might be what got journalists interested all of a sudden.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

nevertrump is super unimpressed by this

https://twitter.com/jpodhoretz/status/793252004202176516
https://twitter.com/jpodhoretz/status/793252220573810688

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
:siren: breaking: mexican suspected of leaking emails

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

:siren: breaking: mexican suspected of leaking emails

Crooking Hillary trying to elect cheat.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

USPOL Nov: The Long October

size1one
Jun 24, 2008

I don't want a nation just for me, I want a nation for everyone

Scent of Worf posted:

The FBI inquiry into Manafort made NBC nightly news. They also covered Reid's letter to Comey, specifically the part mentioning Russian connections. Hillary is pushing it too so it's possible.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
I wonder how many Russian political favors a honeydick video of President Trump gets.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Night10194 posted:

investigative reporting doesn't go from "harry reid said something maybe we should look into it" to published piece in 24 hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Night10194 posted:

Outside of left-wing journalists, no one is interested in it. Even some fairly anti-Trump outlets like WaPo are leading with the Donna Brazile story and making no mention of any of the Russia links on their front page.

• Locked thread