Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I'm not sure some last minute cash infusion can make up for the reported disparity in GOTV/ground game operations at this point. I mean, it won't hurt, but at a certain point the question is "what can you do with it, especially if all the ad time is already bought up?" Buy barrels of whiskey, go old-school?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Nessus posted:

I'm not sure some last minute cash infusion can make up for the reported disparity in GOTV/ground game operations at this point. I mean, it won't hurt, but at a certain point the question is "what can you do with it, especially if all the ad time is already bought up?" Buy barrels of whiskey, go old-school?

Troll Talk Radio. That is their plan.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

canepazzo posted:

USPOL Oct: The Hunt for Red October surprises

Give me an email, Vasili...one email only, please!

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
What if this is Hillary playing 345th dimensional chess?

Get the FBI to 'leak' nothing, let the media whip itself into a frenzy, rally the Democratic base around it because it's actually bullshit politics, leak out that the FBI has secret information about Trump and Russia, refuse to say anything about it, the leaks bust free and all of a sudden Trump loses all claim about 'squeaky clean' because it looks like Trump is colluding with the FBI director to sabotage a political rival.

If the FBI comes out tomorrow and says 'yeah we looked through those emails there's nothing there at all', it'd be amazing.

If Hillary were really that devious I might start believing she was really Killary.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Nessus posted:

Have Trump supporters call into ever talk radio show this week with talking points.

No seriously, that's their plan.

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames
Do any of you think Trump is in the Illuminati? Or whatever passes as the illuminati these days - a loose association of power players held together by mutual sex crimes - do you think Trump is in on that? He has associated with Jeffery Epstein who has clearly took friends to his private gently caress Island to manipulate them. Bill Clinton rode on his jet. He's done the deed. Perhaps Clinton as well?

Or is she NOT part of this, and that's what's going on? Did Trump get kicked out? Maybe he didn't get in?

Clearly in a post Jimmy Saville America we should understand that orphans were used as sex slaves for powerful men at least until the late 90's, if not today. There's enough circumstantial evidence to prove a loose organization exists that uses child prostitution to induct and maintain control of its members. Jeff Gannon being, in many ways, the key to the whole thing.

Anyway so do you think Trump is in or out?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

chumbler posted:

I want the emails to just be "Hey check out this cute cat video" once they are released.

I hope it's stuff like this:
https://twitter.com/DanaSchwartzzz/status/793138754299002880

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

axeil posted:

Have Trump supporters call into ever talk radio show this week with talking points.

No seriously, that's their plan.
What?

No, what? Seriously? They're... How would they even be able to tell the difference?

Come on, you gotta be loving with me. This is the big Republican plan?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

bad day posted:

Illuminati

Lol

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Nessus posted:

What?

No, what? Seriously? They're... How would they even be able to tell the difference?

Yeah it actually is. That and Trump pocketing the cash.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

:unsmith:

The perma-storm of conspiracies and bile around Hillary never quite manages to make landfall, and I think it might be because she's actually a good person. Our political machinery isn't really set up to deal with that.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Nessus posted:

What?

https://twitter.com/SykesCharlie/status/793069516909580288?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Sky Shadowing posted:

What if this is Hillary playing 345th dimensional chess?

Get the FBI to 'leak' nothing, let the media whip itself into a frenzy, rally the Democratic base around it because it's actually bullshit politics, leak out that the FBI has secret information about Trump and Russia, refuse to say anything about it, the leaks bust free and all of a sudden Trump loses all claim about 'squeaky clean' because it looks like Trump is colluding with the FBI director to sabotage a political rival.

If the FBI comes out tomorrow and says 'yeah we looked through those emails there's nothing there at all', it'd be amazing.

If Hillary were really that devious I might start believing she was really Killary.

This is complete insanity and basically impossible.

I'm usually fairly optimistic to stave off my anxiety problems but this would be the kind of conspiracy theory that becomes tremendously improbable just for the sheer number of places it could go monumentally wrong and that would almost certainly be spotted as a conspiracy if it was real.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Nessus posted:

What?

Yes, the big Republican plan is to tell everyone who listens to Talk Radio, who is already an incredible conservative who screams "HILLARY FOR PRISON", that Hillary is evil incarnate.

Someone heard the expression preach to the choir and thought it was a good idea.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

Yeah it actually is. That and Trump pocketing the cash.
So on the one hand you have the Clinton team using a system (which I've even seen briefly in passing) to encourage people to go vote, perhaps even offering rides and poo poo like that when opportunities arise, and on the other hand you have Trump trolling a media market which is already primarily aimed at his base.

That is seriously and explicitly their plan?

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

bad day posted:

Do any of you think Trump is in the Illuminati? Or whatever passes as the illuminati these days - a loose association of power players held together by mutual sex crimes - do you think Trump is in on that? He has associated with Jeffery Epstein who has clearly took friends to his private gently caress Island to manipulate them. Bill Clinton rode on his jet. He's done the deed. Perhaps Clinton as well?

Or is she NOT part of this, and that's what's going on? Did Trump get kicked out? Maybe he didn't get in?

Clearly in a post Jimmy Saville America we should understand that orphans were used as sex slaves for powerful men at least until the late 90's, if not today. There's enough circumstantial evidence to prove a loose organization exists that uses child prostitution to induct and maintain control of its members. Jeff Gannon being, in many ways, the key to the whole thing.

Anyway so do you think Trump is in or out?

Trump goes for a ride along during his first day as an oligarch. His seasoned partner stops the car and tells him "if you don't hit this we are going to have a problem." Only instead of a wet joint it is an underage Russian girl.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Trump getting some solid newspaper coverage.

https://twitter.com/LeoKapakosNY/status/793260570082414592

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

:unsmith:

The perma-storm of conspiracies and bile around Hillary never quite manages to make landfall, and I think it might be because she's actually a good person. Our political machinery isn't really set up to deal with that.

This is why all this poo poo they throw at her makes me so angry. There are a million stories of her, on the personal level, trying to make peoples lives better. She clearly and obviously gives a poo poo. And yet she gets painted as this evil master crime boss who wants to steal all our children.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

vyelkin posted:

Or they won't because the Democrats have an unprecedented advantage in GOTV and ground game this election and we still don't know just how much that's going to pay off.

Early voting numbers don't show any evidence of this unprecedented GOTV advantage. It's been a mixed bag of better in some places, worse in some, and about the same in others. The Hispanic vote is up a little bit, but the black vote and youth vote have also gone down.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Night10194 posted:

This is complete insanity and basically impossible.

I'm usually fairly optimistic to stave off my anxiety problems but this would be the kind of conspiracy theory that becomes tremendously improbable just for the sheer number of places it could go monumentally wrong and that would almost certainly be spotted as a conspiracy if it was real.

Yeah this is like House of Cards season 2 levels of puppetmaster

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

bad day posted:

Do any of you think Trump is in the Illuminati?

Nah, Trump would pick the Tong ending and be all smug about it.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

This kind of reaction makes me think there is something to it. Trump usually ignores things that can't harm him, but he accusses others of doing what he does.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
She's been under investigation for decades and never even indicted, so she's either not corrupt or she's so good at corruption that we should put her in charge just to benefit from her expertise.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
At this point, believing in oppo bombs and 12th dimensional chess is as justified as believing in Santa Claus.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

TyrantWD posted:

Early voting numbers don't show any evidence of this unprecedented GOTV advantage. It's been a mixed bag of better in some places, worse in some, and about the same in others. The Hispanic vote is up a little bit, but the black vote and youth vote have also gone down.
You got a source for this? I've been hearing it's both up generally, and significantly up with Democrats, in various locations. I mean if you're saying "worse in some" to mean it's worse in like, Wyoming, I guess you're technically accurate - the best kind of accurate - but not, you know, truthy.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Nessus posted:

Remember Thurs/Fri when the financials came out and showed Trump way behind in fundraising, and his people claimed he was going to write a check for $10 million? I'm pretty certain that never happened.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

nonsense, that's clearly an economic uncertainty newspaper

also this is what, Trump's 7th newspaper endorsement?

sexy fucking muskrat fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Nov 1, 2016

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

axeil posted:

And that's the weird thing. If the server was owned by Alfa Bank then that might make sense if it was a security hole. Or if they went to Trump's people first. But they didn't, they went to Alfa Bank and hadn't even spoken to Trump and then poof, it was gone.

Honestly, this makes me think it was just a stock trading station or something similarly innocuous. Foreign banks and brokers cannot offer trading services to US citizens, because US brokers are a jealous collective bitch. AFAIK, the penalties would mostly on the provider, however. But I don't know very far.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

ponzicar posted:

At this point, believing in oppo bombs and 12th dimensional chess is as justified as believing in Santa Claus.

There have been plenty of oppo bombs, they just never stick for more than a week

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Nessus posted:

You got a source for this? I've been hearing it's both up generally, and significantly up with Democrats, in various locations. I mean if you're saying "worse in some" to mean it's worse in like, Wyoming, I guess you're technically accurate - the best kind of accurate - but not, you know, truthy.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/upshot/north-carolina-early-vote-tracker.html

Upshot has Hillary up 53.6-42 in early vote in NC with a projected finish of 49-43.3, which is running about 4.5 points ahead of what 538 is predicting and 538's model does not take into account early vote.

If she really does outperform projections by 4.5 points that's a landslide.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

She's been under investigation for decades and never even indicted, so she's either not corrupt or she's so good at corruption that we should put her in charge just to benefit from her expertise.

If we do that then corrupt Hillary Clinton will personally enrich herself and then once she stops being president she will spend her newfound fortune curing AIDS or something, and who wants that?

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure

I just want to say I love your avatar--one of the most bizarre governmental ""scandals" of recent memory.
I actually volunteered for Rep. Wu's campaign for my high school government class project--was pretty odd hearing about his shenanigans.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

axeil posted:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/upshot/north-carolina-early-vote-tracker.html

Upshot has Hillary up 53.6-42 in early vote in NC with a projected finish of 49-43.3, which is running about 4.5 points ahead of what 538 is predicting and 538's model does not take into account early vote.

If she really does outperform projections by 4.5 points that's a landslide.
Well uh... you and your facts (which are interpreted as lies by my brain) are just, you know, just SAYING that stuff. Yeah.

I can't loving believe their big plan is to call in on Talk Radio. My God. I'm not afraid at all any more. Comey didn't do this to try and kill Hillary, he did it because his party is brain-dead and is led by a clown towards disaster.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Charlz Guybon posted:

This kind of reaction makes me think there is something to it. Trump usually ignores things that can't harm him, but he accusses others of doing what he does.
NO PUPPET. NO PUPPET. YOU'RE THE PUPPET!

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

Necc0 posted:

Yeah there's not much left to go on because no one can actually see what was in that traffic in the first place. I can guarantee the NSA is/was all over it though. If there's anything in it they definitely know about it.

Well this is what Reid was implying to Comley in his smackdown letter. If there is a smoking gun you better believe the NSA et al have seen it dance across their network.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Charlz Guybon posted:

Yeah, honestly it's a pretty technical response compared to a lot of poo poo Trump's camp puts out. Like, someone on their end spent not-insignificant time looking into it. It's not sure evidence or anything but it's a little :crossarms:

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Maxwell Lord posted:

There are no state or federal attorneys willing to gamble their career on going after Hillary (The Most Corrupt Politician in History) even though simply securing an indictment against her will get you the governorship of the red state of your choice. She's just that good at being corrupt.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

That would indeed by significantly better than my lovely thought.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I'm surprised I haven't heard much from the Cold War generations about all this Trump and Russia stuff. He's looking to be about as close to an actual Manchurian Candidate as possible in reality, and nobody seems outraged enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

In private, Burr quips about gun owners shooting Clinton

quote:

The North Carolina Republican, locked in a tight race for reelection, quipped that as he walked into a gun shop "nothing made me feel better" than seeing a magazine about rifles "with a picture of Hillary Clinton on the front of it."
"I was a little bit shocked at that -- it didn't have a bullseye on it," he said Saturday to GOP volunteers, prompting laughter from the crowd in Mooresville, North Carolina. "But on the bottom right (of the magazine), it had everybody for federal office in this particular state that they should vote for. So let me assure you, there's an army of support out there right now for our candidates."

Burr, now in a heated contest against Democrat Deborah Ross in a race that could swing the Senate majority, threw red meat throughout the 45-minute talk, in an effort to fire up his supporters. He even said he would work to keep the ninth seat on the Supreme Court vacant if Clinton becomes president.

gently caress the GOP, every last one of them.

• Locked thread