Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I can now die happy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Yeah and it also wouldn't hurt to give ice just one more resistance.

Pretty sure ice being perpetually lovely is Gamefreak's own personal joke at this point.

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

TheKingofSprings posted:

Why isn't water weak to poison yet

Has Game Freak never dumped oil in the freaking ocean

why would they point that out

Internet Kraken posted:

The only type change I wanted to see was making fairy no longer resist bug.

Cause really, come the gently caress on.

fairy types' balancing issues are literally a bug in my pokemon games!!!

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

TheKingofSprings posted:

Why isn't water weak to poison yet

Has Game Freak never dumped oil in the freaking ocean

see this is dumb water should resist poison because water dilutes poison

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Bug should be weak to fairy and fairy should be weak to bug making it a two way thing
At least, bug should be strong against fairy because something something fairy tale something something secret garden

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Calaveron posted:

Bug should be weak to fairy and fairy should be weak to bug making it a two way thing
At least, bug should be strong against fairy because something something fairy tale something something secret garden

but in a lot of fairy tales pixies and such use bugs as labor animals. fairies are the masters of bugs.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
But fairies being weak to something so mundane as bugs is cook thematically
So why the hell did they add another weakness to bug. Bug loving sucks almost as bad as ice

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

bug is fine

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
make poison not resist bug

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
What'chu got against Poison?

Water should definitely get nerfed, and Ice and Poison definitely need defensive and offensive buffs respectively.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Hot take: nerf Ground type

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i have to wonder if gamefreak just actively doesn't care about type balance and only adds new stats when new types are added

gotta love how fairy got ice type's one real 'bonus' and is just flat out better as well

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Yeah, and it's crazy how Grass has continued to be underpowered for so long, they should really buff it.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

hi im going to talk about how ice is still an amazing offensive typing and how busted dark still is

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Yeah, and it's crazy how Grass has continued to be underpowered for so long, they should really buff it.

ruthless

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
The only thing that doesn't make sense about Grass is the Flying weakness.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
We've heard your complaints about Knock Off, and don't worry, to fix it we've given every type its own Knock Off variant.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
christ "knock off" is a lovely name. so many attacks have lovely names. oh cool, Quick Attack, great

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i like ice being the glass cannon type. but of every non-legendary ice type, only 4 have speed stats above 100. and two of them are sneasel and weavile lmao.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Johnny Joestar posted:

i have to wonder if gamefreak just actively doesn't care about type balance and only adds new stats when new types are added

gotta love how fairy got ice type's one real 'bonus' and is just flat out better as well

Given that Fairy's whole reason for existing was because of how Dragon types were overpowered in Gen V...

Ice is still a good offensive type, but Ice type Pokemon weren't true counters to Dragons because most of those Pokemon had tools to counter them.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Chill Penguin posted:

Birds eat seeds. That's it.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i just realized the only legendary ice type with a speed stat higher than 100 is icicle plate arceus

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Chill Penguin posted:

they cut the grass, with their Wings

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Pentaro posted:

Birds eat seeds. That's it.

Oh yeah. poo poo. OK well then uh, give Grass immunity to Ground.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Dr. Fetus posted:

Partially? It's still possible, but the timing is a lot tighter now.

all right. I just got the SuMo n3DS and I want to experiment with some stuff

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

http://xy12.pokemontcgxy.com/en-us/home.php

So this is a neat thing they did. They even have the first movie on there for free.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

bobjr posted:

So this is a neat thing they did. They even have the first movie on there for free.

Hahaha this poo poo is awesome

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

gen 7 is gonna be straight

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

this is a good rear end sceptile

DapperDuck
Apr 3, 2008

Fashionable people,
you're out of luck.
The most dapper one here,
is Dapper the Duck.

bobjr posted:

Those assholes, I wanted to sign the guestbook. :mad:

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

bobjr posted:

Now Playing: RaDiCaL TuNeZ

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Countblanc posted:

christ "knock off" is a lovely name. so many attacks have lovely names. oh cool, Quick Attack, great

knock off is a cool name and a good move and it works like a bully slapping books out of a nerd's hands

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
Are we to suspect that Sun and Moon will be rough on the regular 3ds and the new one will make it play better/less janky?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

all right. I just got the SuMo n3DS and I want to experiment with some stuff

:perfect:

This more than makes up for no type chart improvements.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Internet Kraken posted:

Pretty sure ice being perpetually lovely is Gamefreak's own personal joke at this point.

Ice was the long time dragon-killing element because any fast unit with a move like ice beam would gently caress up units like Dragonite.

...then fairy-type was added.

Extreme Speed Dragonites are still awesome though. :black101:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

I love it, thank you

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Syrant posted:

Are we to suspect that Sun and Moon will be rough on the regular 3ds and the new one will make it play better/less janky?

I had no problems with the demo on my old 3DS XL. Pokémon doesn't play that. They want to get their games into the hands of as many people as possible.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Do you think the concept of Halloween confuses Mimikyu?

Evil Fluffy posted:

Ice was the long time dragon-killing element because any fast unit with a move like ice beam would gently caress up units like Dragonite.

...then fairy-type was added.

Extreme Speed Dragonites are still awesome though. :black101:

Most dragon types are still 4x weak to ice rather than fairy. This means ice is a really good attacking type. Of course, there's nothing stopping other pokemon from using ice moves. So its this situations where a lot of pokemon want moves of the ice type but nobody actually wants to be an ice type.

Unless you're an exceptional badass like Mamoswine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Open Marriage Night posted:

I had no problems with the demo on my old 3DS XL. Pokémon doesn't play that. They want to get their games into the hands of as many people as possible.

I'm pretty sure Gamefreak made it so that playing it on a N3DS makes it less janky. The scary part is, it doesn't fix all the technical issues. I still get a bit of lag and hiccups on my N3DS, but not as much as I've seen others getting on their OG 3DSes.

Internet Kraken posted:

Unless you're an exceptional badass like Mamoswine.

Or Weavile.