Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Spiffster posted:

Those NC numbers are good and all but if it doesn't translate down ballot she won the battle but lost the war. Winning NC is a must to have as many friendly faces in the senate as possible especially to get court nominations (SCOTUS included) through.

The GOP have been banking for so long they will clean sweep 2016 and pack the courts and if trump can be toxic enough to the down ballot it could royally screw them .

Well, Burr sort of shot himself in the foot recently so hopefully that helps downticket in NC at least.

https://twitter.com/Alex_Roarty/status/793212198130712576

Edited to add: h/t, forums poster Slate Action in the downballot thread.

GalacticAcid fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Nov 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

HannibalBarca posted:

A Red Dawn reference, which it turn references D-Day. "The chair is against the wall" was part of a coded broadcast to French Resistance fighters to alert them that the Allied invasion was imminent.

I feel obligated to post a far better red dawn reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePzwg0LyYL0

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Nov 1, 2016

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud

Nessus posted:

How's Trump doing in the tramp vote? Will Hobos go Hillary?

Maybe they're the 5 people who will end up voting Stein. Do they allow absentee voting from a railcar filled with featureless wooden boxes?

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

olivia nuzzi said that bill weld just basically endorsed hillary on CNN, did anyone see it or better yet have a clip? i have some johnson voters who need it rubbed in their faces

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

olivia nuzzi said that bill weld just basically endorsed hillary on CNN, did anyone see it or better yet have a clip? i have some johnson voters who need it rubbed in their faces

He's done that multiple times already, but another reminder from him is good.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

Hasn't he basically been saying for a few weeks that his main priority was to stop Trump?

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

PT6A posted:

Well, CNN seems to have decided to have a parade of people on to discuss what a giant loving idiot Comey is, so there's that.

sure, except the main article right now is "THANK YOU HUMA" with huge rear end characters, and a picture of trump smiling underneath

is this thread in another dimension where cnn does responsible journalism and hillary has 22 points on trump?

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Enigma89 posted:

Latest conspiracy theory that I read was that Weiner had a folder called "life insurance" which had emails in it.

Also anyone watch Thiel Talk at the national press club? One point he made is that you don't need to worry with Trump having the nuclear codes because he wouldn't have to use him. He contrasted that with Clinton, who wants to put a no fly zone in Syria and potentially put us in direct opposition to Russia.

Or maybe Weiner had a life insurance policy?

I can't be the only who gets gets incredibly anal about email organization, can I?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Kawabata posted:

sure, except the main article right now is "THANK YOU HUMA" with huge rear end characters, and a picture of trump smiling underneath

is this thread in another dimension where cnn does responsible journalism and hillary has 22 points on trump?
Maybe - just maybe - the front page of CNN is not some burning icon which determines the future inexorably. Maybe if CNN has not yet rotated off their top article at 11:30 PM Eastern time, it does not quite mean Trump will be president.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Hey guys wrap it up my dad says fascism and marxism are the same thing, also the Department of Education shouldn't exist because of state rights.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Just ran across the answer to a question I've been curious about since the election started: How the president's social media accounts handoff will work

The Digital Transition

quote:

On Twitter, for example, the handle @POTUS will be made available to the 45th President of the United States on January 20, 2017. The account will retain its more than 11 million followers, but start with no tweets on the timeline. @POTUS44, a newly created handle maintained by NARA, will contain all of President Obama’s tweets and will be accessible to the public on Twitter as an archive of President Obama’s use of the account. In addition, President Obama’s tweets will also be archived at NARA, where they will be preserved and accessible in the same manner as all other Presidential records. This will also be the case for other Twitter handles, including @WhiteHouse, @FLOTUS, @PressSec, and @VP. Individual official accounts, like @KS44, will transition to NARA and continue to be accessible for the public to view as an archive of all tweets sent by White House staff.

On Instagram and Facebook, the incoming White House will gain access to the White House username, URL, and retain the followers, but will start with no content on the timeline. An archive of White House content that was posted to the Obama White House Instagram and Facebook will continue to be accessible to the public at Instagram.com/ObamaWhiteHouse and Facebook.com/ObamaWhiteHouse. Facebook accounts for President Obama and the Vice President and the Instagram accounts belonging to the First Lady and Vice President will be moved to new “44” usernames and preserved by NARA.

We’ll follow a similar approach with other official accounts on platforms including Medium, Tumblr, and YouTube. These presences will be made available to the 45th White House, including the “White House” username, /WhiteHouse URL, and the followers, but start with no content on the accounts. The Obama White House content will be preserved and accessible in the same manner as all other presidential records and continue to be available on the platform at a new URL.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Nessus posted:

Maybe - just maybe - the front page of CNN is not some burning icon which determines the future inexorably.

What is this heresy

also CNN night crew are p. pro clinton, it's the day crew that are the problem

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Duscat posted:

What is this heresy

Pretty odd when you think about it, wasn't Don Lemon one of Trump's favourite journalists to deal with and call into when the primaries were underway?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Guardian posted:

Associated Press says its own data shows rates of early voting are “far higher” than in 2012, with more than 23 million votes already cast:

That represents nearly 20% of the total votes expected nationwide, if turnout is similar to 2012. In all, more than 46 million people – up to 40% of the electorate – are expected to vote before election day.

In Colorado, Democrats lead Republicans by 3 percentage points in early voting, reversing a trend in the past two elections in which Republicans led in early voting and large numbers of Democrats voted on election day.

In swing state Iowa, Republicans trail Democrats in early voting as well, though by a smaller margin than four years ago. Both parties are well behind where they were four years ago.

CO looking good everybody

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Duscat posted:

What is this heresy

Maybe they should drink some True Blood and stay up early to dry-gulch the day crew.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Nessus posted:

Maybe - just maybe - the front page of CNN is not some burning icon which determines the future inexorably. Maybe if CNN has not yet rotated off their top article at 11:30 PM Eastern time, it does not quite mean Trump will be president.

but I can't stand Trump's face

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Just ran across the answer to a question I've been curious about since the election started: How the president's social media accounts handoff will work

The Digital Transition

This is pretty neat.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

axeil posted:

Racial Breakdown

White people = the worst

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

PT6A posted:

Pretty odd when you think about it, wasn't Don Lemon one of Trump's favourite journalists to deal with and call into when the primaries were underway?

Chris Coumo hates Trump and it's palpable. Every time Trump comes up he makes little jokes about Trump's antics.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

PT6A posted:

Trump didn't have a favorite as much as every single news network was happy to give Trump the time of day since his campaign was originally viewed as a Quixotic quest to upend the GOP.

Lemon has stated that a large part of the reason why they had Trump on the air so much was that during the primaries he and/or CNN would repeatedly reach out to all of the Republican candidates for interviews or phone discussions or some airtime, and more often than not Trump was the only one who would be a solid yes.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Guys, Matt Yglesias wrote a good article. I'm scared.:(

quote:

The latest Hillary Clinton email revelations arose out of an unrelated investigation into Anthony Weiner’s sexting.

The best way to understand this odd hopscotch is through the Prime Directive of Clinton investigations: We know the Clintons are guilty; the only question is what are they guilty of and when will we find the evidence?

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Nessus posted:

Maybe - just maybe - the front page of CNN is not some burning icon which determines the future inexorably.

No it's just really loving annoying.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Mel Mudkiper posted:

White people = the worst

White people are the only group who don't have to worry about Trump using as a convenient scape goat for whatever problem that ails America at the moment.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Guys, what if...what if the (Trump Sex Tape) is a tape of Trump having sex....with Hillary?

vyelkin posted:

CO looking good everybody

You're gonna have egg on your face when early voting turns out to be the Trump-Undercover-Voter!!!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Majorian posted:

Guys, Matt Yglesias wrote a good article. I'm scared.:(
Exactly, Hillary gets tried under Cardassian law. And wins anyway. :v:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
so this is fun.

https://twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/status/793295484110733312?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Well then. That's an opening of the spread since last time around, isn't it?

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Agrajag posted:

White people are the only group who don't have to worry about Trump using as a convenient scape goat for whatever problem that ails America at the moment.

Im starting to think thay White people feel as though white people are america.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Guys, what if...what if the (Trump Sex Tape) is a tape of Trump having sex....with Hillary?

It's a video of Trump having nonconsensual anal sex with Bill Clinton's illegitimate black son on top of a pile of aborted fetuses.

Evangelicals: "well this video is bad but I support Donald Trump because I think God is working through him and he'll appoint a supreme court justice I agree with"

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

White people = the worst

Trump's hispanic support is far higher than it has any right to be. Does almost 1/5th of the voting hispanic population not realize that his Trumpstaffel won't care that they're citizens since they'll be arrested because they 'look Mexican' or what? :psyduck:

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Are they credible?

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

The Digital Transition

This is really interesting, thank you!

Dradien
Jun 24, 2005
Ask me about shrimp.

I hope so. Toomey is a goddamn rear end in a top hat.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Evil Fluffy posted:

Trump's hispanic support is far higher than it has any right to be. Does almost 1/5th of the voting hispanic population not realize that his Trumpstaffel won't care that they're citizens since they'll be arrested because they 'look Mexican' or what? :psyduck:

yes

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz are Hispanic. Does that answer your question? Hispanics are often white.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Evil Fluffy posted:

There is a certain segment of the Hispanic population that is a solid R due to issues like Family Values voting. Older Hispanics in this country who fled from authoritarian governments like the one in Cuba are also likely to see anything described as "left" to basically be analogous to Communism and thus it has to be fought against.

Also, there is a very small but real contingent of Hispanics who feel that undocumented immigrants are...I don't know...cheaters (???) who got a free pass into the country, which they feel is unfair because they went through the whole paperwork and waiting mess of coming into the country via the proper procedures.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

GalacticAcid posted:

Well, Burr sort of shot himself in the foot recently so hopefully that helps downticket in NC at least.

https://twitter.com/Alex_Roarty/status/793212198130712576

Edited to add: h/t, forums poster Slate Action in the downballot thread.

Republicans are terrible people and I hate them

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Evil Fluffy posted:

Yeah. They buy into the whole "we don't hate hispanics, just illegals" thing.

Of note, there are a good number of hispanic people who pass as white (technically the categories aren't mutually exclusive at all because one is an ethnicity and the other is a race but the realities of racial perceptions in this country complicate that)

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Charlz Guybon posted:

Are they credible?

frankenfreak posted:

:eyepop:

538 rates the firm B+, R+0.4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Augus posted:

Republicans are terrible people and I hate them
Southern Republicans do have a very broad but real Shitheadedness to them.

• Locked thread