Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

tanglewood1420 posted:

Goddamn Spurs will win 55 games forever

that 2020-2021 salary seems kind of undervalued imo

But that contract was a max 5-year contract at the time of signing.

euphronius posted:

And they signed Aldridge in his cap hold too right

Yeah Aldridge was signed before Leonard so all he ate into the cap space was his tiny rookie deal cap hold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Cool Buff Man posted:

All she needed to do was create a goddamn creative cleveland juice bar. Why can't i get these opportunites
it was in Miami, a crowded juice bar market. You can't just open up a juice bar and not brand yourself with any differentiation from your competitors

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008
The 3 Alphas destroying teams every night is bad for the league, there I said it

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I mean, they gave Leonard literally the most money they could give him, its not like that was a shrewd move or anything. But yes, trading Hill for him and then teaching Leonard to shoot was a pretty great move.

Can you imagine a Pacers team with Lenny and PG?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

straight up brolic posted:

it was in Miami, a crowded juice bar market. You can't just open up a juice bar and not brand yourself with any differentiation from your competitors

The article I read said she was opening one in Cleveland too so she double biffed it

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Yooooo KYRIE

https://instagram.com/p/BMNTlC-DR4z/

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

That is the most ridiculous thing that I've seen an NBA player do and I've seen Steph Marbury cry smoking weed on ustream. He's also alone on the dance floor in LeBron's instastory (which is incredible) breaking it down.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
How is there ever enough demand from anyone in any geographic region to support a juice bar? Whenever I see one I immediately just think it must be a drug front because that's the only way you could ever make one profitable.

Props Department
Jul 10, 2007

creamed corn & confucius
Yo Kyrie Irving is the best pg in the NBA

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Libertine posted:

How is there ever enough demand from anyone in any geographic region to support a juice bar? Whenever I see one I immediately just think it must be a drug front because that's the only way you could ever make one profitable.
juice is super high margin if you're getting your fruit at wholesale prices...to the degree that you probably only need to sell 30-40 individual juices per day to make a profit. Cities like LA, SF, Portland, Miami, Austin, and NY to name a few have legitimate juice shop ecosystems.

The problem is that it's super easy to take losses if your store isn't big enough. If someone was going to try to open one I'd advise them to spend about a year on the business model/innovation and then spend their entire first year profit on a marketing budget.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

This is a pro loving click

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I love our dopey commentators
https://twitter.com/sactownroyalty/status/793244654900613120

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Libertine posted:

I went to a juice bar today for a smoothie and really enjoyed it, and now I am a Juicer

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Gynecolojustice posted:

I went to a juice bar today for a smoothie and really enjoyed it, and now I am a Juicer

You gotta get your friends to call you Juice Box

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

You gotta get your friends to call you Juice Box

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=726Ujz_KOHE

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

the most troll free thread on the forums inhabited by a bunch of dudes who just love to juice and watch hoops, now that's something I can get behind

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Metapod posted:

This is a pro loving click

Kyrie high as poo poo.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

https://twitter.com/mynameisjohn/status/793285079959162880

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Real ballers buy a ninja and roll their own smoothies.

Lemon/orange/almond milk/tsp honey. All you need.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the nba is the best sports league in the world

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Paul Pierce loving owns

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

STILL think he's not the best point guard in any league?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lockback posted:

Real ballers buy a ninja and roll their own smoothies.

Lemon/orange/almond milk/tsp honey. All you need.

We literally had this conversation about juicing this summer over Kobe's stupid Keurig juicer and most agreed it's a stupid expensive thing to do at home

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

WhyteRyce posted:

We literally had this conversation about juicing this summer over Kobe's stupid Keurig juicer and most agreed it's a stupid expensive thing to do at home
we did, but hell, we love to juice!!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Isn't juicing a terrible way to get nutrients or am I crazy here

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Rubio might be out for a significant amount of time.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Isn't juicing a terrible way to get nutrients or am I crazy here
if you use a macerating juicer it's a pretty good way to get nutrients, but yeah the cheap juicers take away like all the stuff you want to be eating.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

should have juiced

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

this is a good take on what OKC's offense can be (it's The Ringer but they have good basketball stuff)

https://theringer.com/russell-westbrooks-liberation-tour-is-everything-we-d-hoped-it-d-be-6c35a6c0c5b5#.mejzwym7b

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

If someone could tell me why I get four pounds of pulp and one tbsp of juice per strawberry I'd appreciate it

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Taking applications to join my new barbershop quartet "The Juicy Fruits"

Redgrendel2001 posted:

guess Dunn's gonna be put on the fast track. Ganbare IcePhoenix

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Uh sure why not
https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/793275096504922112

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

i didn't know that i was waiting all of my life for Stacey King in the Three Alphas Era

You scared a lot of Bulls fans. Bulls first 3-0 season in twenty years. Bulls +53 through three games. Second best start in franchise history.

#wayofwade

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Until someone like Rick Mahorn-esque mofo crushed him into Bolivia. I'm also not sure how well he'd handle the hand checking that he doesn't have to deal with today.

Checking would be relegated to irrelevance when he's launching 3P shots from 25-30 feet out. Nobody in the 1980s was close to doing anything like that.

1989 Seattle and 1988 Boston were the two greatest 3P teams of the entire decade. 2016 Curry was 3x as strong as either of those entire teams from 3P range. In Bird's 1984-86 prime every single team was bad from 3P land.

R.D. Mangles posted:

stacey king just came out against the "three alphas" nickname because it detracts from players like Taj Gibson and Michael Carter-Williams

e: "The Bulls are all alphas"

-Stacey King

He stole my answer.

milk milk lemonade posted:

Name the metrics.

Curry had better numbers in TS%, eFG%, ORB%, DRB%, TRB%, AST%.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

It's like $10 million less than Ian Mahinmi got this offseason, seems fine

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

misdirectomy posted:

The 3 Alphas destroying teams every night is bad for the league, there I said it

I'm very pro three alphas and I just wish they had a game against Cleveland or Golden State while on this ridiculous hot streak.

early contender for vid of the year

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Juice, be it from a fruit, legume or vegetable, usually has wild nutrients you dont find in other food

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

morestuff posted:

It's like $10 million less than Ian Mahinmi got this offseason, seems fine

Seems weird to sign for less than that as a young player unless you think your knee is about to blow out

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Zogo posted:

Checking would be relegated to irrelevance when he's launching 3P shots from 25-30 feet out. Nobody in the 1980s was close to doing anything like that.

This is chicken/egg. People would stationary check all the time on the perimeter, but that wasn't something that began at 22'-23'. They let poo poo go everywhere after half court.

You're assuming he'd be allowed to get to that range to the same degree that he is today. He'd still be a great shooter, but that signature super side step move doesn't have the same effectiveness when refs allow a defender's hand to grab/push/guide.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cool Buff Man posted:

guess Dunn's gonna be put on the fast track. Ganbare IcePhoenix

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

misdirectomy posted:

The 3 alphas have surpassed what was previously commonly referred to as a "Super Team".

WoW, Butler and Rondo have ascended past that designation.

They are now the first and only "Hyper Team"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

WhyteRyce posted:

Seems weird to sign for less than that as a young player unless you think your knee is about to blow out

It's weird, people seem to like playing in Charlotte right now. Marvin Williams took a lot less money, Kemba and MKG are on pretty fair deals, Batum cut them a small break. One of the few benefits of drafting low-upside character guys and overpaying b-level veterans I guess

• Locked thread