Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Okay how about this: Governor of Hawaii, then bam, secession and sovereignty. King Obama.

Followed by Queen Malia, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.

Dexo posted:

Man I just had such a beautiful dream where Obama ran in 2018 for governor of Illinois.

Now I'm sad this isn't going to happen.

Oh GOD no. Don't bring him back to this wretched hive.

Chicagoans would eat him alive thanks to Rahm.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Scent of Worf posted:

Why would they choose to strike at this time though

The contract is up. Simple as that. There was a short one a few years ago over pay raises I believe. This time seems like there's a disagreement over pensions. The rail is running, but I think buses, the L, Trolley, and Broad Street are toast as of an hour ago.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Royalty is pretty bad imo

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Crazy Ted posted:

This is not election-related, but this is good..

Is this person really mad because us "politically correct" types have started using y'all instead of you guys as a plural for a group of people? Really?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

wodin posted:

Is this person really mad because us "politically correct" types have started using y'all instead of you guys as a plural for a group of people? Really?
If you read the whole thing, you'll notice that at one point she basically argues that if caucasian women can't wear cornrows then northern people can't say "y'all" because CULTRL APPROPRITION

And yes, the author is white.

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Nov 1, 2016

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Crazy Ted posted:

Given the usual state of Illinois politics you'll see someone from the Obama administration end up in the Governor's Mansion, but instead of Obama it will be Rahm Emanuel.

Yeah, sure, MIGF

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Crazy Ted posted:

If you read the whole thing, you'll notice that at one point she basically argues that if white women can't wear cornrows then northern people can't say "y'all" because CULTRL APPROPRITION

Honestlyyyyyy I feel like the underlying idea of "don't poo poo on us for doing a thing and then start doing it yourself" still holds.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

Royalty is pretty bad imo

Fine we'll deify him instead

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Night10194 posted:

What the hell is happening in Texas?

I don't know but I love it. :allears:

I know people keep saying Texas is a pipe dream but this is looking an awful lot like Indiana in 2008, of which I was part of the boots on the ground and telling people way before voting day it was going blue.

If this were poker I would not go all in but I think this is actually feasible we could win Texas holy poo poo

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Oh my god that's somehow humanizing

U-DO Burger posted:

Fine we'll deify him instead

lol

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

I don't know but I love it. :allears:

I know people keep saying Texas is a pipe dream but this is looking an awful lot like Indiana in 2008, of which I was part of the boots on the ground and telling people way before voting day it was going blue.

If this were poker I would not go all in but I think this is actually feasible we could win Texas holy poo poo

I hope Texas goes Democratic by one vote and then it is somehow revealed that Ted Cruz wrote in his own name instead of voting for Trump.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Night10194 posted:

What the hell is happening in Texas?

A combination of this
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/texas-voter-id-supreme-court_us_57e5693ce4b0e28b2b53c530
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6QEqoYgQxw

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Crazy Ted posted:

Given the usual state of Illinois politics you'll see someone from the Obama administration end up in the Governor's Mansion, but instead of Obama it will be Rahm Emanuel.

lol Rahm almost lost the last elections. the next one he's done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7cVLE4SaN0

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I read somewhere while I was at my Rheumatologist that Texans actually hate the dumb loving border wall idea.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

GalacticAcid posted:

He gets starstruck just like us :3:

I fukkin love that song

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

vyelkin posted:

Followed by Queen Malia, too.

Alternatively we could make the USA a matrilineal monarchy and appoint Michelle to be queen.

Laffo: Chrome doesn't recognize matrilineal as a word.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

GalacticAcid posted:

What are the odds that this was taken before other Republicans started blaming Christie for Obama's re-election because he didn't tell the sitting president to lick his balls when offering aid after Hurricane Sandy?

Krispy Kremepie
Mar 23, 2005

Inside......Me....
What do you think the polls/elections results would look like if Biden had been the Democratic nominee?

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Crazy Ted posted:

What are the odds that this was taken before other Republicans started blaming Christie for Obama's re-election because he didn't tell the sitting president to lick his balls when offering aid after Hurricane Sandy?

Nah it was taken in 2013. "New Jersey, May 28, 2013. Highlighting the opening of the Point Pleasant boardwalk with Gov. Chris Christie and his family following Hurricane Sandy’s devastation the previous September."

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

He gets starstruck just like us :3:

I fukkin love that song

I'm mostly mad I didn't actually sit and think about that post otherwise I would have remembered the ultimate Dirty Mack song of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVi25pSRAkc

Marvin's room is probably after that(though really that song is more pathetic than actually being good at the art of Dirty Macking).

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Nessus posted:

Because it puts a fire underneath the rear end of the SEPTA management, presumably, who also presumably would prefer Donald Trump not be elected and have them all shot to be replaced with Trump Commuter Rail

e: Longest commuter strike I could find in PA history was less than a week so service should be restored, however I suppose this will show everyone how wicked organized labor is and oh yeah Philly is still black as hell and will not vote for Donald Trump

They say they'll work on election day
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/talks-ongoing-philly-transit-strike-deadline-looms-43189815

quote:

SEPTA said it is hopeful that a tentative agreement will be reached before then.

"If we foresee an agreement will not come to pass, SEPTA intends to seek to enjoin the strike for November 8th to ensure that the strike does not prevent any voters from getting to the polls and exercising their right to vote."

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Krispy Kremepie posted:

What do you think the polls/elections results would look like if Biden had been the Democratic nominee?
Biden +15-20

It would be a slaughter

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Bravo for them. I'm glad to hear it.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Krispy Kremepie posted:

I think Trump would be way closer. Even now we're not actually expecting him to win, even in a plausible-worst-case scenario.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Krispy Kremepie posted:

The Republicans would literally never shut up about his plagiarism scandal in 1988 and run it into the ground like they did with Hillary's emails.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Remind me again why the self-admitted white supremacist is allowed to stick around but only 2/3rds of the black poster population may be un-probated at any given time

Because everyone with plat has him on ignore? :v:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Crazy Ted posted:

Chief Justice Biden would be better.

He can be Chief Judge.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Okay how about this: Governor of Hawaii, then bam, secession and sovereignty. King Obama.

I think there are surviving individuals with a theoretical claim.to the Hawaiian throne, as in line if descent from last ruler. Of course one of them could marry Malia.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Figured that'd be the case. They own.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Night10194 posted:

Bravo for them. I'm glad to hear it.

what a classy union. i know it may have to do with their favortism to democrats (can't blame them) but in my inner hank hill it just them being great Americans :3:

Cyron fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Nov 1, 2016

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Krispy Kremepie posted:

It's really hard to say, because I can't tell how much of the 'close but definitely on track to win' is just hyper-partisan hardening and how much is being lost to inherent misogyny.

E: I'd honestly guess they'd be about where they are now.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Nessus posted:

Odo is a better person and a more realistic character than Trump's children, though

Odo for :abuela:'s new FBI Director

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Krispy Kremepie posted:

Biden doesn't have the deep roots in the black community the way Hillary does (although he does enjoy a 100% approval rating in the Brontosaurus household) so he might struggle a little more in the South. It would probably be even easier for idiots to do the "both sides are the saaaaame" routine since it would be white dude v. white dude, but Biden is one of the top two most charismatic dudes high-fiving in this picture so he would have absolutely crushed Trump at the retail politics game.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I think there are surviving individuals with a theoretical claim.to the Hawaiian throne, as in line if descent from last ruler. Of course one of them could marry Malia.

I would read that airport paperback

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Night10194 posted:

It's really hard to say, because I can't tell how much of the 'close but definitely on track to win' is just hyper-partisan hardening and how much is being lost to inherent misogyny.
A cross-section of both misogyny and intense hatred of the Clintons.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Does PA have early voting? Strike still might mess that up?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Night10194 posted:

The problem here is that Biden's main audience appeal is to... people who are largely on the Trump train as a demographic, so this would be an election over white man issues, and I suspect Trump would have the advantage there. I also think there'd be more of a "they're both clowns" attitude. I also doubt Diamond Joe would be getting the "everyone who isn't a white man" vote quite as decisively, since while Trump has chased them away, Hillary has been able at receiving them.

Like IMO you'd be handing over "no misogyny malus" for "every other advantage Hillary has."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Charlz Guybon posted:

Does PA have early voting? Strike still might mess that up?

It has no early voting.

• Locked thread