Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
"cite a credible source" as a response to someone linking to a Slate article, while at the same time referring to a Breitbart interview with Pat Caddell freaking out about early voting sure is something. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

i would like to come out on record as saying that any individual who has experienced hostility or intolerance because of their race, class, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity are incapble of holding lovely racist and regressive opinions, so don't you dare throw accusations like that around

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Trump hotline to Moscow bank revealed as FBI probes Kremlin's five-year plan

quote:

In Washington, there's a bunch of politicians and investigators trying to join the dots – and over at the FBI a bunch of spooks saying that they don't join up.

At this stage, you might well ask – where's the sex?

I'm glad you asked. Well, no sooner did the Mother Jones report appear on its website, than a woman by the name of Andrea Chalupa, self described author and journalist, bobbed up on Twitter, with this message: "In intel circles, the story goes, FSB [formerly the KGB] filmed Trump in an orgy while in Russia. Yes, this all ends in a Trump sex tape."

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion: Votez escroc, pas facho > USPOL Nov: There's a Trump Sex Tape and the Kremlin has it.

In other news, any further posts by Prester Jane? I found them very interesting.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

That Trump's a Clinton Mole that's losing on purpose.

Agent Greenback was what he was called in a political cartoon during the primary.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Comstar posted:

Trump hotline to Moscow bank revealed as FBI probes Kremlin's five-year plan

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion: Votez escroc, pas facho > USPOL Nov: There's a Trump Sex Tape and the Kremlin has it.

In other news, any further posts by Prester Jane? I found them very interesting.

what in the everloving gently caress is happening

did wifi make us all insane? is this a joke?

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Geostomp posted:

It's idiots, people intimidated by others, and the handful of Republicans that still have too much integrity to go Trump even for the Supreme court, imo.

I think there might be a big polling miss bubbling under in that all the while everyone has been laser focused on the infamous Trump Voter, you have even more Clinton voters and it might be that it's Clinton voters that the polls are missing. It swings both ways. You just can't write a good thinkpiece on Clinton voters because Clinton voters are diverse ordinary people while the Trump bloc is far more homogenic.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Comstar posted:

From their own thread, Prester Jane is taking a step back from dealing with this stuff for the sake of their health and to try and move on in their life. They made a post explaining it all, but basically they don't want this to harm their efforts at sorting out an identity they're comfortable with moving forward after everything they've had to deal with so far in life.

Here we go, found a link to the specific post: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3708238&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=95#post465729510

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

QuarkJets posted:

We secretly added an extra seven days to October in order to fit in more surprises.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Crazy Ted posted:

We secretly added an extra seven days to October in order to fit in more surprises.

Aligns with baseball in November too.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

QuarkJets posted:

did wifi make us all insane? is this a joke?

turns out 40 straight years of conservatives actively eschewing intellectualism and critical thought whenever they were at odds with conservative policy worked

Literally Elvis
Oct 21, 2013

Can we all agree to never even indulge Tashan Dorrsett with a reply to their insane behavior, because they're a devoted troll with just a garbage perspective?

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
I'm aryzing so drat hard here. :(

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/793253029197836292

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Charlz Guybon posted:

I'm aryzing so drat hard here. :(

He just wants clicks. Trump is not going to win. It doesn't matter that Clinton's underperforming Obama when she's only underperforming him by fractions of a percent in most of those. She's still winning by multiple percentage points. The only thing to arzy over is the Senate, and even there I'm confident that dems will get at least 50 seats + Kaine tiebreaker.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Literally Elvis posted:

Can we all agree to never even indulge Tashan Dorrsett with a reply to their insane behavior, because they're a devoted troll with just a garbage perspective?

i promise to not respond to a tashan dorrsett post for the remainder of november

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Nate has been pushing this electoral/popular vote split for months now. It's pretty convenient to show that she's underperforming Obama's real margin when his own polling underperformed his real margin iirc

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Queering Wheel posted:

He just wants clicks. Trump is not going to win. It doesn't matter that Clinton's underperforming Obama when she's only underperforming him by fractions of a percent in most of those. She's still winning by multiple percentage points. The only thing to arzy over is the Senate, and even there I'm confident that dems will get at least 50 seats + Kaine tiebreaker.

"A strong national polling doesn't necessarily translate into an EC win" is the main takeaway here and it means people shouldn't rest on their laurels. Also the EC is dumb and bad but I guess we won't get rid of it until it starts hurting the GOP somehow (even though EC math generally favours the Dem, the GOP would have absolutely no hope of winning a popular vote election because you'd have incredible Democratic GOTV in all major urban areas throughout the country and it would make vote suppression way less effective).

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Queering Wheel posted:

He set up his model months ago, and now he's faithfully responding what the model says. He's particularly inclined to stick with the model because it was might better at accounting for The Angry Old White/Orange Dude in the primaries.

This is precisely what he should do.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Zebulon posted:

From their own thread, Prester Jane is taking a step back from dealing with this stuff for the sake of their health and to try and move on in their life. They made a post explaining it all, but basically they don't want this to harm their efforts at sorting out an identity they're comfortable with moving forward after everything they've had to deal with so far in life.

Here we go, found a link to the specific post: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3708238&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=95#post465729510

I was wondering about that. Best of luck to her.

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

Are you accusing me of being a racist and putting words in my mouth?

I'd answer in the affirmative, but it looks like I won't hear your rebuttal for the next month or so.

90s Solo Cup fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Nov 1, 2016

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

We're alright my goon. Hillary's got this and Senates in a good spot too. Deep breath. Seven days.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Domestic Amuse posted:

I'd answer in the affirmative, but it looks like I won't hear your rebuttal for the next month or so.

Haha, okay I know I asked people to stop quoting her, but because I have her ignored I missed the probation, so, thanks for the heads up.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

We're alright my goon. Hillary's got this and Senates in a good spot too. Deep breath. Seven days.

Yeah, despite all the "win popular vote but not the election" talk, even Nate's own model shows that as very unlikely. 10% (according to the election forecast) isn't ideal, but it's better odds than Russian Roulette with one bullet, at least, and Nate himself admits that his model is conservative on the chances of Hillary's victory. We're fine. Still need to vote, and any way one can help Hillary or downballot Democrats is definitely worth doing, but things are very likely to work out about as well as they can here. We're fine.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Yeah for sure the best thing we all can do here is vote and encourage like-minded pals to vote too.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Cingulate posted:

He set up his model months ago, and now he's faithfully responding what the model says. He's particularly inclined to stick with the model because it was might better at accounting for The Angry Old White/Orange Dude in the primaries.

This is precisely what he should do.

To be clear, I think Nate generally does a good job and I don't mean to bash him. It's just hard to see how Trump even pulls off an EC win at this point. There would have to be a widespread, systemic failure of polling. A Trump comeback would be unprecedented. His model takes things like that into account and makes it more conservative, which I don't have a problem with. I just think it's a very unlikely scenario.

Antti posted:

"A strong national polling doesn't necessarily translate into an EC win" is the main takeaway here and it means people shouldn't rest on their laurels.

Agreed, and I'm glad that Clinton's campaign is pushing the message that Dems should not take anything for granted.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Queering Wheel posted:

To be clear, I think Nate generally does a good job and I don't mean to bash him. It's just hard to see how Trump even pulls off an EC win at this point. There would have to be a widespread, systemic failure of polling. A Trump comeback would be unprecedented. His model takes things like that into account and makes it more conservative, which I don't have a problem with. I just think it's a very unlikely scenario.

Agreed, and I'm glad that Clinton's campaign is pushing the message that Dems should not take anything for granted.

Especially since the main reason the GOP keeps taking Congress and consistently dominates local elections is because most Democrats are too complacent to bother voting in those elections.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
The biggest evidence that Trump’s losing. Aryzing finished. Stiffed his pollster over 700 grand.

http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2016/Pres/Maps/Nov01.html#item-2

http://www.thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/303615-trump-camp-refusing-to-pay-pollster

quote:

Trump Stiffs His Pollster

Donald Trump doesn't like bad news and also doesn't like paying his contractors, so he decided not to pay his pollster, Tony Fabrizio, the $767,000 that Trump owes him for doing his polling. Fabrizio, a veteran Republican pollster, was hired in May, before Trump's current campaign manager, Kellyanne Conway (who is fundamentally a pollster) was brought on board. When asked to comment on Trump's stiffing his first pollster, the campaign refused to comment.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

The ABC tracking poll is now at Trump +1, but you know - tracking poll.

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

That's somewhat misleading since he seems to be comparing the real results to the current poll numbers.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

freckle posted:

Just lol if you haven't voted multiple times in multiple states already.

Don't voteshame.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

canepazzo posted:

The ABC tracking poll is now at Trump +1, but you know - tracking poll.

This is one post-mortem I really want to see. How the gently caress does your tracking poll go from +12 to -1 in a week? Did they sample multiple 19-year old high-income black men from Chicago?

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

Antti posted:

This is one post-mortem I really want to see. How the gently caress does your tracking poll go from +12 to -1 in a week? Did they sample multiple 19-year old high-income black men from Chicago?

Because their likely voter screen appears to be too reactive.

They have already said that the changes are not because of voter intention in the sample, but because of who is passing the likely voter screen and who isn't.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Pedro De Heredia posted:

Because their likely voter screen appears to be too reactive.

They have already said that the changes are not because of voter intention in the sample, but because of who is passing the likely voter screen and who isn't.

That also explains why it's Trump's number that keeps fluctuating, not Clinton's. I would expect Trump voter intent to be more in flux.

Again, even in the context of this poll, it's not that Clinton is going up or down, it's that Trump's numbers keep going all over the place from high 30s to mid 40s. This is in basically every poll right now. He's bumping into his ceiling again in the final stretch. If you look at the average, it's not a Clinton collapse like September, but a Trump rally.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

What's the story behind those FBI crime statistics? They're getting trotted out a lot lately.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I wish this nightmare was already over.

I just want President Clinton and an end to this madness and horror.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I've learned a lot of things this election and apparently you can just not pay people if you don't want to.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jonas Albrecht posted:

What's the story behind those FBI crime statistics? They're getting trotted out a lot lately.

Certain people use them to claim that black people are disproportionately predisposed to being criminals due to genetics.

While leaving out the fact that black people are disproportionately economically and educationally disadvantaged.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Night10194 posted:

I wish this nightmare was already over.

I just want President Clinton and an end to this madness and horror.

ummm... excuse me? i think you'll find that the true madness and horror will be unleashed under the thousand years of liberal darkness brought about by the Vagenda of Manocide.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

That ABC poll can't help but make me arzy some. I know it's a dumb tracking poll and there has to be something wrong with one that shows a 13 point swing in 8 days, but I'd sure like to see a few pro-Clinton outliers, too, to calm me down.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

ABC/WaPo poll in 2012:

code:
                              Other    Neither     No
              Obama   Romney   (vol.)   (vol.)    opinion
11/4/12  LV    50       47        1        *         1
11/3/12  LV    49       48        2        1         2
11/2/12  LV    48       48        1        1         2
11/1/12  LV    48       49        1        1         1
10/31/12 LV    49       48        1        1         1
Reminds you of anything?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
So California's attempting to pressure states with anti-LGBT laws now:

quote:

The state of California isn’t sending any of its employees to North Carolina, Tennessee, or Arkansas, because it’s now against the law to do so.

On Tuesday, Gov. Jerry Brown (D) signed into law AB 1887. It prohibits state agencies and the state legislature from ever requiring any of its employees to ever travel to a state that discriminates against LGBT people. Likewise, the state won’t pay for any travel to such a state. Though several other governors and mayors have imposed similar travel restrictions through executive order on a case-by-case basis, California is the first to pass a standing law with implications for future bills that states might pass.

AB 1887 doesn’t target any specific state, but lays out in detail whether a state will be impacted. Travel is forbidden to any state that has passed a law that explicitly discriminates against LGBT people, or that has passed a law voiding or repealing state or local protections for LGBT people. It requires the Attorney General to maintain a list of the states that would qualify.

More in the link.

Not sure how it'll work out, but, we'll see I guess.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The thing is, whenever Trump surges to get kinda close again it's this weird feeling like a natural disaster, you know? Where it's like 'We've done everything we can, why the gently caress is this happening?'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

I'm feeling confident about the White House and even optimistic for the Senate but extremely pessimistic for the next 4 years. Republicans are going to be shitheads as always and the Deplorables will be more empowered than ever :smith:.

• Locked thread