Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Not using shotguns is a pretty big change, though it frees up a lot of points if I go with SMGs. I've been using akimbo Heathers silenced and HE pistol crossbow in my usual overkill build. Will they hack it on DW?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Please don't candystab truck or trailers.

Also here's a mask I just made. Hot drat.

Copying because the eyes look awesome.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

It's Mega Gage Blade, Sakura material, Claw Attack pattern, and hot pink/blue color.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

My sleep habits are utterly ruined so I spent that time getting Failed Assassination and Meth trophies with just me and bots. I'm only 3 trophies away from a complete house (though Robbedacop seems like it'd take a good year or so and Ultimate Heister is gonna take a lot of work.)

Unrelated: I used to use Pocohud and Goonmod before I took a long time off. Right now I'm using default. Anyone got any opinions on Wolfhud? I've used poco before and been generally satisfied. More than anything I just want my purple laser back, but numbers and stuff are nice too.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Wolfhud is basically hoxhud without the lovely whiny dev. It's pretty great.

You to have to fiddle with it, it comes with a ton of options to make your game look very different.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Not using shotguns is a pretty big change, though it frees up a lot of points if I go with SMGs. I've been using akimbo Heathers silenced and HE pistol crossbow in my usual overkill build. Will they hack it on DW?

Not really, no. you'll run out of ammo pretty fast with the current multipliers. I'd say give shotguns a try, but be aware they've been hit pretty hard with said health multiplier changes. With crits, which you'll have, they might do alright. So uh, don't ditch crits.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

It's Mega Gage Blade, Sakura material, Claw Attack pattern, and hot pink/blue color.

this is a really good mask

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Psion posted:

Not really, no. you'll run out of ammo pretty fast with the current multipliers. I'd say give shotguns a try, but be aware they've been hit pretty hard with said health multiplier changes. With crits, which you'll have, they might do alright. So uh, don't ditch crits.

Yeah it falls apart real fast if I can't get back out there and reclaim the ammo I've spent. So people dodging on 1D -- do they just pretty much go with akimbo interceptors/chimanos and an HE pistol crossbow? That's the only low detection setup I can figure out that works other than the shotguns.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Nehru the Damaja posted:

My sleep habits are utterly ruined so I spent that time getting Failed Assassination and Meth trophies with just me and bots. I'm only 3 trophies away from a complete house (though Robbedacop seems like it'd take a good year or so and Ultimate Heister is gonna take a lot of work.)

Unrelated: I used to use Pocohud and Goonmod before I took a long time off. Right now I'm using default. Anyone got any opinions on Wolfhud? I've used poco before and been generally satisfied. More than anything I just want my purple laser back, but numbers and stuff are nice too.

Oh, do bots not count for "everyone in your crew needs this" things? That'll make getting those a ton easier.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

THE CHORSE posted:

Leaked image of the upcoming Christmas melee weapon:

Guys, the insulin, go get it

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

djw175 posted:

Oh, do bots not count for "everyone in your crew needs this" things? That'll make getting those a ton easier.

I used bots on:
Failed Assassination
Clueless
Meth
Snipe It
and I THINK Staying Alive.

I can also confirm that on Humanitarian, it only cares about the individual player. Other players can kill medics. So while I didn't run that with bots, you should be able to. That said, bots tend to poo poo themselves on any high-intensity heist where there's a lot of movement, so it's probably not a good idea. The only way I could pull off Meth was to order them up to the lab room with me and leave as rarely as possible. Every trip out for supplies or to move bags risked the bots getting caught up in a pointless fight and dying, so I had to make excursions quick and keep bringing them back upstairs immediately.

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Nov 2, 2016

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I used bots on:
Failed Assassination
Clueless
Meth
Snipe It
and I THINK Staying Alive.

I can also confirm that on Humanitarian, it only cares about the individual player. Other players can kill medics. So while I didn't run that with bots, you should be able to. That said, bots tend to poo poo themselves on any high-intensity heist where there's a lot of movement, so it's probably not a good idea. The only way I could pull off Meth was to order them up to the lab room with me and leave as rarely as possible. Every trip out for supplies or to move bags risked the bots getting caught up in a pointless fight and dying, so I had to make excursions quick and keep bringing them back upstairs immediately.

Yeah, it was mostly Failed Assassination and Clueless I was wondering about.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
As I replayed Car Shop for I Got This, I was reminded once more of how many bad stealth design decisions came together in that map, even without the forced loud timed racing segment. Thin walls, lots of glass, limited safespots, scripted silent guard pathing, virtually forced kills, highly variable difficulty based on manager position, counterintuitive sightlines...

My latest revelation is just how much of a gently caress you the spiral stair in the lobby is. It has sightlines on several locations that are heavily trafficked by players, but it's also used a lot by guards and civilians, and the curve of the stairs plus their glitchy pathing means they walk right into sightline with minimal warning.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I think one of the things that irritates me about stealth these days is that, outside of stuff like the hidden Big Bank RNG and GO Bank's sheer volume of civs, you're waaaaaay better off stocking up on body bags and just murdering every civ you come across because stealth clearly isn't designed to deal with the wonky hostage movement system (and it's telling that in the few cases where you're better off tying up civs, the optimal strategy is to jam their head in the wall to remove them from the equation, but good luck getting that to work consistently). The whole relationship between cleaner costs, the reduction perk, and the fact that they were never prohibitively expensive to begin with yet still an enforced penalty is a whole bunch of sloppy poo poo when you take into account some of the dickish random setups you can run into that pretty much force you to murder them.

Basically what I'm saying is: gently caress the front office on Car Shop.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I'm just getting back into this for the first time since the difficulty update. Apparently GoonMod is straight up broken now. Is there a fixed version on the horizon, or do I need to just get used to not having Gage Coins?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I'm just getting back into this for the first time since the difficulty update. Apparently GoonMod is straight up broken now. Is there a fixed version on the horizon, or do I need to just get used to not having Gage Coins?

There is a fix. It is Wilko working at Overkill and implementing GoonMod into base game.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Nehru the Damaja posted:

That said, bots tend to poo poo themselves on any high-intensity heist where there's a lot of movement, so it's probably not a good idea. The only way I could pull off Meth was to order them up to the lab room with me and leave as rarely as possible. Every trip out for supplies or to move bags risked the bots getting caught up in a pointless fight and dying, so I had to make excursions quick and keep bringing them back upstairs immediately.

Better Bots is a must-have mod. Makes it so that bots play less like brain-dead pubbies and more like a good player who just happens to be shitfaced.

Important changes include:
Aim and focus delays changed to 0, enabling max possible accuracy immediately (Bots will shoot at cops more often instead of staring into space)
Range increased to that of Snipers, enabling bots to hit Snipers and other distant targets
Hurt severities changed to "only light hurt" (similar to GenSec Elites), keeping bots from stumbling over and being "stunlocked" by turrets
Disabled "run_start" and "run_stop" animations, allowing the bots to more easily keep up with the player and perform other actions immediately
Bots can now dominate cops

Give them the fastest movespeed in the mod's options and they'll actually keep up with you for the most part. Other improvements include how they deal with specials, namely they won't just magdump uselessly into a shield, they'll target something else till the shield is exposed. And they'll focus fire on bulldozers when you break their face plates.

Concordat fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Nov 2, 2016

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

widespread posted:

There is a fix. It is Wilko working at Overkill and implementing GoonMod into base game.

I'm literally only running goonmod at this point for custom laser colors.

Gotta have my lilac laser.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Concordat posted:

Better Bots is a must-have mod. Makes it so that bots play less like brain-dead pubbies and more like a good player who just happens to be shitfaced.

I've been using this and it's great, but how about Bot Weapons & Equipment? Any good?

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

ClonedPickle posted:

How to fix:

Open up goonbase.lua in your GoonMod folder
Go to line 42 and find this:
code:
["lib/managers/group_ai_states/groupaistatebesiege"] = "GroupAIStateBesiege.lua",
Comment it out with a double dash so it looks like this:

code:
--["lib/managers/group_ai_states/groupaistatebesiege"] = "GroupAIStateBesiege.lua",
Save, blammo, fixed.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

John Murdoch posted:

I think one of the things that irritates me about stealth these days is that, outside of stuff like the hidden Big Bank RNG and GO Bank's sheer volume of civs, you're waaaaaay better off stocking up on body bags and just murdering every civ you come across because stealth clearly isn't designed to deal with the wonky hostage movement system (and it's telling that in the few cases where you're better off tying up civs, the optimal strategy is to jam their head in the wall to remove them from the equation, but good luck getting that to work consistently). The whole relationship between cleaner costs, the reduction perk, and the fact that they were never prohibitively expensive to begin with yet still an enforced penalty is a whole bunch of sloppy poo poo when you take into account some of the dickish random setups you can run into that pretty much force you to murder them.

Basically what I'm saying is: gently caress the front office on Car Shop.

It's also the damnedest thing, but I have way more shotgun shells than zipties :shrug:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I feel dumb, but can't figure out why BLT/mods in general aren't working for me. I've got everything in the mods folder, and the right IPH-whatsit. Yet no mods in game.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there a mod out there that counts the number of rounds you have expended? It doesn't have to be a live running count although that would be cool. Always wondered how much ammo actually gets used during loud heists.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Manuel Calavera posted:

I feel dumb, but can't figure out why BLT/mods in general aren't working for me. I've got everything in the mods folder, and the right IPH-whatsit. Yet no mods in game.

Are you running Windows 7 or later?
Do you have the x86 version of the 2013 Visual C++ Runtime?

If yes, check the in game options for mod options, and see if the BLT base shows up there. Restart the game and check again. Still nothing?

Then make sure you're dumping the contents of the BLT zip into the PAYDAY 2 directory, and not PAYDAY 2/mods. The zip already has a mods folder in it, you don't need to make one. IPHLPAPI.dll is supposed to be in the game directory, not the mods directory.

Installing BLT compatible mods requires putting the mod folder into the "mods" directory. Like to use Better Bots, you would wind up with "PAYDAY 2/mods/Better Bots". As far as I can tell, mod folders always need a mod.txt in them to function. Some mods require additional files to be placed in "PAYDAY 2\assets\mod_overrides"

Sternieliscious
Sep 21, 2014

Dynas: Tea warrior

Capn Beeb posted:

I've been using this and it's great, but how about Bot Weapons & Equipment? Any good?

I've been using it and I like it. Its largely cosmetic where you can assign loadouts to specific characters. It can also tweak AI's damage if that's your thing.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Concordat posted:

Are you running Windows 7 or later?
Do you have the x86 version of the 2013 Visual C++ Runtime?

Yup, done all that, and they've worked in the past. Only forseeable issue I can find is that I have older versions of the redistributable c++ as well (2010 and 2012), and 'Visual Studio 2010 x64 Redistributables', but that's not the Microsoft one.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
OK, so the filediver person got the last of the enemy stats from OD.

If there are other kinds of Zeal Bulldozers than Reinfelds, it appears they are using DW stats. but, feast your collective eyes on this clusterfuck, compiled together for your convenience:

Looks about as expected so far, right?

It's the normal SWAT. It's entirely the normal SWAT. Everything else is either reasonable, or a complete joke (Though the M9 shield is also dumb). Especially compare the M4 Medic to the M4 Heavy Zeal swat.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Nov 2, 2016

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
do you have the stats on DW tasers for reference? kinda seems like the tasers also pack a hell of a punch but i don't remember how they look on DW now.

of course even if they are substantially updated from DW, it remains fairly reasonable if for no other reason than you don't have 20+ tasers on the field at one time

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Coolguye posted:

do you have the stats on DW tasers for reference? kinda seems like the tasers also pack a hell of a punch but i don't remember how they look on DW now.

of course even if they are substantially updated from DW, it remains fairly reasonable if for no other reason than you don't have 20+ tasers on the field at one time

Tazers also have an offensive action that's not just shoot you. Admittedly that option loving sucks, but still.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

id rather get shot :v:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
shockproof ace: "you didn't want to put those points somewhere else, did you?"

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Psion posted:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Discendo Vox posted:

OK, so the filediver person got the last of the enemy stats from OD.

If there are other kinds of Zeal Bulldozers than Reinfelds, it appears they are using DW stats. but, feast your collective eyes on this clusterfuck, compiled together for your convenience:

Looks about as expected so far, right?

It's the normal SWAT. It's entirely the normal SWAT. Everything else is either reasonable, or a complete joke (Though the M9 shield is also dumb). Especially compare the M4 Medic to the M4 Heavy Zeal swat.

So possibly the only nerf that would make 1D a lot more manageable is to specifically nerf regular units completely while keeping the specials beefy and dangerous?

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Psion posted:

Is this... a bad skill? Being able to spin in place hammering E and defeat a taser seems useful.

Or was that :thejoke:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Crabtree posted:

So possibly the only nerf that would make 1D a lot more manageable is to specifically nerf regular units completely while keeping the specials beefy and dangerous?

Well, there are some other changes, such as health and number of units (and stealth) that would improve game play, but yeah, nerfing /curving the base swat is the big difficulty fix it needs. Heck, many of the specials could probably be buffed.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Gort posted:

Is this... a bad skill? Being able to spin in place hammering E and defeat a taser seems useful.

I think the problem is it's another mandatory skill which will lessen the variety of builds for 1D, but maybe that's what we're looking at. "We hate the meta, but you have no choice but to funnel into a meta for 1D missions"

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Gort posted:

It's definitely more useful these days and is a good skill for someone who's got points and hates tazers. Part of the joke is that it used to cost a ridiculous amount of points to get it with the old skill trees and didn't have much of a return. The other part of the joke is that Coolguye was the one guy who always had it and none of us believed him when he said that there was a special animation for returning the shock effect to tazers.

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Nov 2, 2016

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Coolguye posted:

You're absolutely right. DW Tasers had flat (and for DW fairly high) damage, which was a dick move, but also had accuracy decrease over distances past their max. OD tasers have Heavy SWAT-level damage at close range and seriously troublesome accuracy, but thankfully do still have accuracy falloff over distance (if the accuracy stat is the same for the top two distances for a given enemy, they have that accuracy across all ranges past the max range, which is another dick move), and some amount of damage reduction with distance.

Still, the raw damage and accuracy increases on OD are enough to make Tasers troublingly nasty. If there's a difference, it's that you encounter a lot less of them than the 60 or so Zeal swat that are trying to exist in the map at any given time.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Nov 2, 2016

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Can you explain what the numbers mean?

Why is damage and accuracy have two numbers?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Drewjitsu posted:

Can you explain what the numbers mean?

Why is damage and accuracy have two numbers?

Sorry! The long guide has a full description, but in short:
  • The first number in each cell is the value on non-DW difficulty. The second number is the DW difficulty value.
  • Some enemies, especially hard-hitting ones, have "focus delay"- this means that when they start aiming at you, their accuracy is at the "minimum" value, and after (in this case) 4 seconds of aiming it reaches its max value for the range they are at.
  • For a range further than the last column of the chart, the game uses the last column's damage and interpolates an accuracy value based on the last two columns' accuracy. This means that if the last two columns have the same accuracy, that enemy has the same accuracy for any range past the listed maximum. Most heavy-hitting enemies on DW have a forced max range, by having an extra column added to their chart with zero accuracy.
My general position is that, aside from generally having too much damage or accuracy, no enemy should:

1. Have the same damage at any range. This makes the game all about the random chance of getting shot, and diminishes the threat ratio of nearby versus far enemies. It also makes their damage profile "lumpy" and more RNG based, since accuracy is the only thing effecting the damage you take.

2. Have indefinite accuracy at any distance. This lets enemies routinely snipe you from across the map, and makes larger, more open maps fairly absurd to play. When both are combined, or when damage or accuracy are generally too high, all enemies start functioning like snipers.

I've broken down all the OD-specific assault wave enemies and how they map out in a big dumb spergy effortpost on the steam forums feedback thread. The short version is that every new piece of info I have about how these decisions were made looks worse.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Nov 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Plan Z posted:

The other part of the joke is that Coolguye was the one guy who always had it and none of us believed him when he said that there was a special animation for returning the shock effect to tazers.

WHICH THEY THEN REMOVED BECAUSE IDFK

in seriousness though, in the old skill trees, i continually asserted that shockproof ace was the only reasonable way to climb Technician up to Bulletproof for TechForcer builds, because your alternatives were taking sentries, which sucked for almost the entire life cycle, and C4, which was arguably even worse. shockproof ace meant that you'd 'waste' a few points popping over the limit (3, iirc), but you were then immune to tasers, and the extra 3 points could buy you almost nothing worthwhile in other trees, so that was a good trade in my opinion.

with the new skill trees shockproof is kind of off in its own little world, and unless you're running a sneaky bastard build there's no need to spend points on the tree position it's at. any reasonable person would want duck and cover and parkour, so unlocking it isn't an issue, but the 9 points you use on it could be better used in any of a fistful of other, better ways now that the skill trees are so much more open.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Nov 2, 2016