Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

Hi Pablo, welcome to USPOL.

Hi FAU :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

mcmagic posted:

So your argument is that Trump is a better general election candidate than John Kasich or Marco Rubio? I guess you could just be a moron.
No. My argument is that Clinton is not a worse candidate than Sanders or whoever you'd prefer. It's also a general comment about how everything for you is incredibly absolute. HILLARY BAD. BERNIE GOOD. MCMAGIC SMASH.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

canepazzo posted:

Jesus Christ HuffPo :stare:

Link

I mean, they're not wrong.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

mcmagic posted:

And they wanted the wrong person if the goal was winning the white house and having coattails down ballot. That's just a fact.

Please tell me which democrat would have done better downballot.

Protip: Don't say Bernie because holy poo poo was he bad(and had an almost Trump level of pettiness) at it during the primary season.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

WampaLord posted:

Wait, I thought Trump was within the margin of error and a real threat because Hillary is so bad, which is it?

Hillary is so bad at politics that she managed to steal the election from Bernie in spite of being hated by the majority of the country. There's no way she will be able to pull that off against Donald Trump who is also bad at politics and hated by the majority of the country.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
hint: if you're going to post about how unfavorable hillary is, post the crosstabs of her favorability showing how it breaks down across race and gender.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

"Takeru Kobayashi would have been up by 14 hot dogs" - mcmagic, 2012

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Cingulate posted:

Why can't you people deal with dissent in a nuanced, civil way?

"mcmagic, I disagree - I think you're overstating Clinton's unfavourabilities and underestimating her strengths. For example, ..."

Because we've done "mcmagic, I disagree - I think you're overstating Clinton's unfavourabilities and underestimating her strengths. For example, ..." for almost a year now with this loving clown.

Like seriously, go look at previous USPol threads and read mcmagic's posts; they're all some variant of "I don't like Clinton". There's a breaking point and mcmagic used up all of his good will about 4 or 5 months ago.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ein Sexmonster posted:

No. My argument is that Clinton is not a worse candidate than Sanders or whoever you'd prefer.

Then why did you respond to my post about Trump?

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

socialsecurity posted:

We have dozens of times he just ignores it and posts the same stuff again, this has been going on for months.

If you mean me, this is the second time I come to this thread.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

canepazzo posted:

Link

Yes, YESSSS :kheldragar:

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ein Sexmonster posted:

No. My argument is that Clinton is not a worse candidate than Sanders or whoever you'd prefer.

I think you'll find that your forgetting her unfavorables. :smug:

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

WampaLord posted:

Sorry, it's been going on for months and we've finally hit our breaking point. I admit it seems insane if this is the first mcmagic derail you've seen, but there have been literally dozens.

socialsecurity posted:

We have dozens of times he just ignores it and posts the same stuff again, this has been going on for months.
Nobody gets hurt from mcmagic posting stuff. Just ignore it if you don't like it. Can't become a derail if you don't reply.

Ze Pollack posted:

As far as 45-48% of Americans are concerned, Hillary Clinton is less deserving of the presidency of the united states than a failed businessman, serial sexual assaulter, and inveterate racist with an attention span no longer than five seconds.

Of the list of options presented, she is the least unpalatable.

Do not confuse this with popularity.
IIRC Trump voters are actually more likely to vote against Clinton than for Trump. (The split is approx. even amongst Clinton voters.)

And this right wing hatred of her, in the extent it actually occurs, by the right is simply not justifiable by anything she did or is.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

And this right here is why you're full of poo poo mcmagic. You consistently and constantly assume that literally none of Hillary Clinton's support is due to her. You begin from the viewpoint of "anyone could get what Hillary Clinton does."

For what it's worth, this is an opinion shared by Hillary Clinton's staff.

It's one of the less incendiary but more revealing leaks; the one where people are trying to workshop what reason they should give for Hillary Clinton running for president, and are coming up with nothing.

It's an interesting slogan, I'm With Her. Because it very carefully eludes the question of -why- anyone should want Hillary Clinton to be president, in favor of presenting the laziest argument known to man: "other people have decided they support her, trust that their reasons are good."

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

"Ted Kennedy would have been up by 8 points." - mcmagic, 1980

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Instant Sunrise posted:

hint: if you're going to post about how unfavorable hillary is, post the crosstabs of her favorability showing how it breaks down across race and gender.

So? Whining about white men doesn't make them not exist or be a large portion of the electorate.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

canepazzo posted:

Link

At some point they decided that they want to be as objective and accurate as Breitbart, but from the left.

sumie
Mar 29, 2006
GUERNSEY (adj.)

Queasy but umbowed. The kind of feeling one gets when discovering a
plastic compartment in a fridge in which thing are growing.

Instant Sunrise posted:

The sad thing is that they've been posted multiple times, but it's still essentially the exact same conversation

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Mcmagic has completely convinced me. Bernie would've been a better candidate. I'm voting Hillary anyway since she aligns with Bernie 93% in terms of voting record and has been a fantastic candidate in her own right despite dealing with poo poo no other candidate would probably have had to deal with

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Protip: McMagic will never concede any point. It's like pulling teeth. He has his opinions, he treats them as fact, and nothing will change them.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Endorph posted:

FLASH FAVORABILITY POLL

DO YOU SUPPORT MCMAGIC'S POSTING?

[]YES
[]NO

If this poll was about Bernie Sanders posting he would be winning by 8 points

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

canepazzo posted:

Link

Good. Dunk on this small fraction of a human being.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Ze Pollack posted:

As far as 45-48% of Americans are concerned, Hillary Clinton is less deserving of the presidency of the united states than a failed businessman, serial sexual assaulter, and inveterate racist with an attention span no longer than five seconds.

Of the list of options presented, she is the least unpalatable.

Do not confuse this with popularity.

Those people who favor Trump over Clinton are republicans. There is probably no democrat that they would prefer over Trump.

Also, "least unpalatable" is literally the same thing as popularity.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Kit Walker posted:

Mcmagic has completely convinced me. Bernie would've been a better candidate. I'm voting Hillary anyway since she aligns with Bernie 93% in terms of voting record and has been a fantastic candidate in her own right despite dealing with poo poo no other candidate would probably have had to deal with

I'm also voting for her.

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Protip: McMagic will never concede any point. It's like pulling teeth.

Try having less terrible points.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ze Pollack posted:

It's one of the less incendiary but more revealing leaks; the one where people are trying to workshop what reason they should give for Hillary Clinton running for president, and are coming up with nothing.

Really? Would you care to link that one? I've looked through most of the leaks and I certainly don't remember "Hillary Clinton's staff all says nobody likes her." It seems like it would be a memorable one.

Wyld Thang
Feb 23, 2016

Endorph posted:

because regardless of whether or not we need a military, we have the largest one in the world, and veteran benefits - pay, mental and physical health care, etc - are pretty hosed and should be a bigger issue than they are.

Climate change is way more important because that affects everyone on the planet, not just the military.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

sumie posted:

The sad thing is that they've been posted multiple times, but it's still essentially the exact same conversation

It's a bit like that flash headline of '33% of voters say they're less likely to vote Hillary due to EMAILS! (except that 95% of them are Republicans already)'

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

mcmagic posted:

Try having less terrible points.
You're the one who drive-by-posts lovely opinions, gets called out, then whines about it/runs away.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Phone posted:

Because we've done "mcmagic, I disagree - I think you're overstating Clinton's unfavourabilities and underestimating her strengths. For example, ..." for almost a year now with this loving clown.

Like seriously, go look at previous USPol threads and read mcmagic's posts; they're all some variant of "I don't like Clinton". There's a breaking point and mcmagic used up all of his good will about 4 or 5 months ago.
To be fair:

mcmagic posted:

So your argument is that Trump is a better general election candidate than John Kasich or Marco Rubio? I guess you could just be a moron.
This is not conductive to a civil debate either.

Still, this piling on dissent is terrible, even if the piled-on opinion is genuinely terrible.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

"Gary Hart would have been up by 10 points." - mcmagic, 1984

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

Kit Walker posted:

Bernie would have been terrible.

And HRC has dealt with poo poo no other candidate would have had to, because she has done some pretty uniquely bad, corrupt, and incompetent things.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Cingulate posted:

Nobody gets hurt from mcmagic posting stuff. Just ignore it if you don't like it. Can't become a derail if you don't reply.

IIRC Trump voters are actually more likely to vote against Clinton than for Trump. (The split is approx. even amongst Clinton voters.)

And this right wing hatred of her, in the extent it actually occurs, by the right is simply not justifiable by anything she did or is.

Nobody gets hurt from us posting about mcmagic posting stuff. Just ignore it if you don't like it. Can't become a derail if you don't reply.

Leng
May 13, 2006

One song / Glory
One song before I go / Glory
One song to leave behind

No other road
No other way
No day but today

BigRed0427 posted:

So is the Trump/ Russia stuff getting any kind of play?

No. Case in point: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/01/us/politics/fbi-russia-election-donald-trump.html which has the headline "Investigating Donald Trump, F.B.I. Sees No Clear Link to Russia"

If Trump were subject to the same level of scrutiny as Clinton, the headline would be screaming "FBI investigation opened into possible Trump-Russia connections" or "FBI investigating Russian puppet-mastering of GOP candidate Trump" and the content of the article slanted to imply much more against him.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Instant Sunrise posted:

"Gary Hart would have been up by 10 points." - mcmagic, 1984

You really have been high content posting for the last 2 pages. Good job.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Non Serviam posted:

And HRC has dealt with poo poo no other candidate would have had to, because she has done some pretty uniquely bad, corrupt, and incompetent things.

Like be a female political figure before 2004.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Non Serviam posted:

At some point they decided that they want to be as objective and accurate as Breitbart, but from the left.

HuffPo has always been a lovely blog, rather than a useful source.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Non Serviam posted:

What's inaccurate in that article?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

mcmagic posted:

Meanwhile, you're posting "Hillary Clinton unlikable" for the 80th time.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

mcmagic posted:

You complaining about the content of people's posting is hypocrisy of the highest order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

mcmagic posted:

So? Whining about white men doesn't make them not exist or be a large portion of the electorate.

so i'm tired of having to act like straight white dude opinions are the only ones that matter

• Locked thread