Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Pastrymancy posted:

2008 and 2012 were record levels of turnout for obvious reasons, but I don't like that Team Clinton isn't partnering with local groups as much as they could be!

wasn't one of the main arguments for hillary over bernie was that she was gonna be able to get lots of black support because of all of the relationships the clintons had with them

i say this as someone who wasn't a bernie supporter, it just doesn't make sense why this would be happening based on what we were told before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

wasn't one of the main arguments for hillary over bernie was that she was gonna be able to get lots of black support because of all of the relationships the clintons had with them

i say this as someone who wasn't a bernie supporter, it just doesn't make sense why this would be happening based on what we were told before
I know it takes away the fun but maybe the issue is that there was some receding from a high water mark that was perhaps in part because of Obama's own identity, which may well be compensated for by a Hispanic drove

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
What does the polling say about the close Senate races.rigjt now?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Nessus posted:

I know it takes away the fun but maybe the issue is that there was some receding from a high water mark that was perhaps in part because of Obama's own identity, which may well be compensated for by a Hispanic drove

Yeah the real question is how is Clinton doing with the AA vote compared to Kerry or Gore.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

What does the polling say about the close Senate races.rigjt now?

538 has the Dems favored in PA, NH, MO, NV, and IN. Richard "Bullseye" Burr still up in NC

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

Bernie and Hillary's shortcomings with engaging with minority voters aren't mutually exclusive. Her team having weaknesses in black voter engagement doesn't mean Bernie's was better.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

I don't know that Hillary's minority support was so much a reason to vote for her in the primary as much as Hillary won the primary because minorities voted for her over Sanders. I know that people made that argument; it just seems kinda strange to frame the legitimacy of her candidacy in those terms.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

So tempted to tweet at him with "and if you LOVED it, come visit us in Minnesota!"

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Endorph posted:

it never used to be this

Yeah, if anything we are doing pretty good on rule of law these days compared to having EVEN MORE lovely personal fiefdoms.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Tricky D posted:

The stated purpose of the twitter account is to publicly release FOIA requests. The massive dump today suggests that they have been sitting on a bunch of them for a while. I have no doubt that that the timing and order of the tweets were politically motivated, but I still think that they represent actual FOIA requests.

Yeah probably thousands of people filed FOIA requests for Clinton's bullshit, just like thousands of people filed FOIA requests for Trump's. What's hosed is the FBI is publishing and promoting the anti-Clinton info (if that's even what it is, I haven't seen the release myself) while remaining silent on Trump's.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Kind of a weird tack to take when Obama's approval rating is higher than most outgoing presidents'

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

a lot of pro-trump commentary today has focused around hillary being desperate and out of gas if her closing argument it to trot out alicia machado again and hope trump takes the bait, and then of course he didn't take the bait and gave two of his best speeches of the entire campaign

i'm inclined to believe the clinton camp is completely out of gas/oppo and is desperately just trying to run out the clock because the machado poo poo was just flailing wildly imo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

bernie's black turnout would be even worse

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

:3: I already voted, but thank you for confirming my decision with a very sweet picture, Mr Walker.

Edit: Obama tall

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Covok posted:

He only can do that a number of times per day equal to 1/2 his Paladin level + his Charisma modifier (min 1), he's not going to waste that considering his 6 Charisma. Though, he's probably already fallen and become a Fighter of equivalent level at this point unless he has the most liberal DM ever.

Trump playing DnD would call out the DM for rigging the game after rolling a critical failure (1) and then would arbitrarily declare himself the new DM with his own rules so that he never loses.

He'd also make his character a cheesemonkey demi-god and play by himself once everyone eventually gets bored of his idiocy.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

disjoe posted:

Yeah probably thousands of people filed FOIA requests for Clinton's bullshit, just like thousands of people filed FOIA requests for Trump's. What's hosed is the FBI is publishing and promoting the anti-Clinton info (if that's even what it is, I haven't seen the release myself) while remaining silent on Trump's.

Its worse than that because the first tweet of the dump was about how trumps daddy was a great philanthropist.

https://twitter.com/FBIRecordsVault/status/792637173937807360

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Tricky D posted:

Its worse than that because the first tweet of the dump was about how trumps daddy was a great philanthropist.

https://twitter.com/FBIRecordsVault/status/792637173937807360

If only he could have lived to see his son dunked on by a black President.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Ron Johnson confirmed to a local paper that a GOP controlled Senate will mean endless motions to impeach the Guilty Traitor Clinton. Oh joy.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I don't get why people are saying there isn't much post-Comery data yet, because why else are Hillary's numbers dropping in the newest polls?

What I'm trying to say here is, poo poo, hope she doesn't drop further when full post-Comey polls come out. Her lead has gone from unstoppable to comfy to only 1-3 pts better than Obama in 2012.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
loving outstanding

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

I don't get why people are saying there isn't much post-Comery data yet, because why else are Hillary's numbers dropping in the newest polls?
WHICH

POLLS

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

GreyjoyBastard posted:

If only he could have lived to see his son dunked on by a black President.

Was he the one in the Klan or was that Grandad Trump?

I know he was the one who taught Trump how to deny black people housing....

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

What I'm trying to say here is, poo poo, hope she doesn't drop further when full post-Comey polls come out. Her lead has gone from unstoppable to comfy to only 1-3 pts better than Obama in 2012.
Obama won by nearly 4% when he was only up like 0.7% in the final polling so if she ends up doing 1-3 points better than that, I'll be OK with that.

edrith
Apr 10, 2013

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

a lot of pro-trump commentary today has focused around hillary being desperate and out of gas if her closing argument it to trot out alicia machado again and hope trump takes the bait, and then of course he didn't take the bait and gave two of his best speeches of the entire campaign

i'm inclined to believe the clinton camp is completely out of gas/oppo and is desperately just trying to run out the clock because the machado poo poo was just flailing wildly imo

I don't think they're out of oppo in the traditional sense because *gestures to Trump* how the gently caress could they be, but I think they've realized that, at this point, the risk to reward ratio isn't worth it. you can't convince the deplorables. might as well just push where they can and let the chips fall. remind people of the big things - pussygate, Alicia Machado, tax evasion, Russia - and pray it sticks.

or maybe they're holding onto video of Trump having sex with Putin for a November surprise who knows

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Trump had been gaining a bit before Comeygate. That said, polls from the last couple of days should be reflecting post-Comey fallout

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/jonlovett/status/793617955690909696

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Pastrymancy posted:

2008 and 2012 were record levels of turnout for obvious reasons, but I don't like that Team Clinton isn't partnering with local groups as much as they could be!

2012 turnout was lower than 2004.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

The Clinton campaign has been running on fumes for a while now. They assumed that Trump would melt down repeatedly until election day, and that people find him scary enough that they don't have to do much other than stay out of his way while he makes mistakes.

They barely even cared about down ballot races until 10 days ago.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Hey Nate Silver, how are Trump's chances taking the EV while losing the popular vote and the senate and the house?

*number machine starts to smoke trying to turn the odds into a percentage that sits between 8 and 10 percent*

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Apraxin posted:

Ron Johnson confirmed to a local paper that a GOP controlled Senate will mean endless motions to impeach the Guilty Traitor Clinton. Oh joy.

I used to imagine just how the GOP could get worse. This year has answered that question very thoroughly.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Samuel Clemens posted:

IIRC, one of the Bush aides in 2004 called PA "fool's gold for Republicans", which seems like a fair assessment. It looks appealing to the GOP because it awards a lot of electoral votes and the margin is always fairly close, but Philadelphia pretty much ensures it'll remain blue outside of a horribly loopsided election.

So, the Asia or Europe of Risk, then?

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

lol this is like when that one dude was like "if you vote for clinton there'll be taco trucks on every corner!" not realizing that a bunch of people would be like "gently caress yeah i love taco trucks"

oath2order
Oct 12, 2013

It's MAGIC. I don't have to explain shit!

We should just link to this the next time someone asks you to "Show the Map."

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

NUH UH NOT TRUE - ralph douthat
https://twitter.com/DouthatNYT/status/793619325001224192

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'm still having a hard time accepting the idea that Clinton could be up 5+ points. I just don't have that much faith in the American people since it should be C+20 or so because her opponent is a literal fascist surrounding himself with white supremacists.

You act like this is surprising or something. :smug::hf::smith:

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

the ones that caused Nate Silver to increase Trump's chances to 30% from 15% in a week

do we like 538 here? I know he's less generous to Clinton than Princeton and NY Times and other predictors but still, we need look at data that accounts for "Brexit" level surprises

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

She's been dropping before the FBI letter.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Are... are the GOP idiots? Moving to impeach HRC would be a catastrophe for them, especially since around 1/2 the Senate, at least, will be Democrats who will just use the opportunity to rail against the GOP publicly for their petty partisanship.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Geostomp posted:

I used to imagine just how the GOP could get worse. This year has answered that question very thoroughly.

There's no way that the GoP will get the supermajority needed to actually remove Clinton from office if she were elected, but as Johnson said in the interview 'he's no lawyer.' So I guess just add impeachment proceedings to the the list of poo poo a GoP congress is going to waste everyone's time with over the next four years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

the ones that caused Nate Silver to increase Trump's chances to 30% from 15% in a week

do we like 538 here? I know he's less generous to Clinton than Princeton and NY Times and other predictors but still, we need look at data that accounts for "Brexit" level surprises

The polls impacting 538's shift mostly came at the end of last week.

• Locked thread