Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
They did have those phoenix compound raids as a kind of PvE thing last operation, though even in that if the heavy phoenix assholes were looking in your direction with an AK they would still headshot the gently caress out of you, and it's not like you can quickdraw on someone who can tank like five deagle headshots lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
One good player can carry a match in both games, but individual player relevance drops off a lot faster in DotA. Yeah the anti-smurf thing in CS is a pain for new players, but it works pretty well for exactly that reason.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

^ Everything is still limited by cooldowns and items and all of that stupid bullshit in dota. In CS a great player can ruin an entire team with a USP.

Famethrowa posted:

Doota takes way fewer hours to become competent at, so smurfs don't matter as much as in CS. When it takes ~500 hours to be even somewhat competent at CS, someone just starting the game will be absolutely schooled by a veteran and have no fun.

This. Also if you're playing Dota I have absolutely no sympathy for you.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Looks like mixwell hit 41 in regulation versus Liquid. I guess i'll be watching that game after work today :stare:

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Friendly reminder that Comp MM is not a social club to talk about your favorite band, or sing into the microphone. There are no less than 4 other people actually trying to coordinate their plan for that round, or listen for important sound queues. Expecting people to togglemute or selectively block/unblock you because you can't shut the gently caress up is extremely rude, do better. If it's really that important, chat it up in steam messages so you aren't disrupting/disrespecting the rest of the team.

Furthermore, when you die, screaming anything other than exactly where they are and how much health they have is absolutely counterproductive to winning rounds.

It really is that simple. The shortest path to good vibes is clean communication and winning rounds.

Edit: If you're lonely, have your mom drive you to the bar or whatever

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

New Zealand can eat me posted:

Friendly reminder that Comp MM is not a social club to talk about your favorite band, or sing into the microphone. There are no less than 4 other people actually trying to coordinate their plan for that round, or listen for important sound queues. Expecting people to togglemute or selectively block/unblock you because you can't shut the gently caress up is extremely rude, do better. If it's really that important, chat it up in steam messages so you aren't disrupting/disrespecting the rest of the team.

Furthermore, when you die, screaming anything other than exactly where they are and how much health they have is absolutely counterproductive to winning rounds.

It really is that simple. The shortest path to good vibes is clean communication and winning rounds.

Edit: If you're lonely, have your mom drive you to the bar or whatever

i guess i will respect your request to edit this post but i still dont see the point

Demostrs fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Nov 2, 2016

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

fennesz posted:

^ Everything is still limited by cooldowns and items and all of that stupid bullshit in dota. In CS a great player can ruin an entire team with a USP.

you are not intelligent

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

fennesz posted:

Ever heard of Heroes of Newerth? It was basically Dota 2 before Dota 2 came out. And it had the same "buy a new account, jump right into matchmaking" model CSGO has. Here's someone I once ran into:

99% winrate over a hundred games :downs:

I haven't played either of those games in ages but seriously, smurfs were a problem. The only reason they're not in Dota is because Valve cares to stop them.

Elman fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Nov 2, 2016

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I distinctly remember in the beta of HoN, queuing into the best teams into the world at random. Like you could queue into the equivalent of VP by having a 5 stack and searching. It was a great system.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Played against team Liquid last night on Mirage. We ended the half 12 CT- 3 T at half time . They were talking SOOOO MUCH poo poo. Typical hur 'You must be low ranks', 'Get rekt noob' etc etc*. You know the drill. Worked on getting my team to loving communicate and I took over awping(I'm not the best but it was working). Ended the match with 16000 monies and a beauftiful score of 16 CT - 14 T. Woot woot! Eat poo poo mother fuckers.

*Note I don't think my beautiful Hiko could ever actually do anything but love. Eligee and JDM on the other hand can probably talk mad poo poo.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

sterster posted:

Played against team Liquid last night on Mirage. We ended the half 12 CT- 3 T at half time . They were talking SOOOO MUCH poo poo. Typical hur 'You must be low ranks', 'Get rekt noob' etc etc*. You know the drill. Worked on getting my team to loving communicate and I took over awping(I'm not the best but it was working). Ended the match with 16000 monies and a beauftiful score of 16 CT - 14 T. Woot woot! Eat poo poo mother fuckers.

Think it's time to get the gang back together now that you are out of Overwatch's grasp. Maybe convince BeRandom to lay off the Timeclickers

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Do goonmans still happen

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

mcvey posted:

Do goonmans still happen

Rarely.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Sad.

How are people playing CS then

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Also Xen we miss you don't be a stranger

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I mostly get invites to random MM lobbies and most of the upper echelon of former goonsmen are in some cevo disaster team right now.

I guess goon CS is dead. I thought there was a second server in the works from buns and co. but I guess it died.

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
There's the occasional non sub.io ten man as well. Prime mm has been pretty good recently, I havent been suspicious in a while. Well I guess we played a blatant Waller recently but I still had fun.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mcvey posted:

I've pretty much just stopped playing CS entirely besides the occasional casual match for fun. I still am really into the pro scene, but playing the game has lost its luster for me. Iunno. :v:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I've fallen out of CS since DreamHack Montreal I think with the weather getting shittier I'll jump back in soon.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I'll probably be good and invested come next operation. Computer ended up having either a logic board issue or a power supply issue because the SMC just forces the computer off and I can't turn it back on without plugging it back in. Apple is sending it off so let's see.

Also loving 4 days before my warranty expired. Phew.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Every time I think about getting back into actually playing CS instead of bullshitting around in lower MM games w/ folks, I remind myself that they legitimized jumpscouting

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

TSwift just loves to make an announcement for a goonman, when there's nobody in there. So I drop what I'm doing and join into an empty server. As funny as that is, I'd really like to kick his stupid rear end from the group so he can't do that anymore! :downs:

But yes, it is a struggle to get ten goons together recently. Often times people will see that a... certain type of player is on the server and not join, or privmsg to pull people away to MM.

We need some sort of Playpen, a ballpit for the kids who don't know any better

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I've forgotten that operations are even a thing in CS:GO

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Isn't that what subio is right now? The containment server for those not in my shadow cabal?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

I ran away to BF1 for now because I'm a heathen

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Terrific Accident posted:

I've forgotten that operations are even a thing in CS:GO
So has Valve.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

At what skill level should I consider messing around with ESEA? I'm MGE and played a couple FaceIt matches yesterday but it was a pretty awful experience all around with people going AFK first round or not knowing the maps. Just stick to MM?

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

symbolic posted:

So has Valve.

Good. Players don't deserve them. The sheer amount of complaining with every single operation is staggering. Good thing content makers get paid for putting up with it.

At what skill level should I consider messing around with ESEA? I'm MGE and played a couple FaceIt matches yesterday but it was a pretty awful experience all around with people going AFK first round or not knowing the maps. Just stick to MM?

Try CEVO!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Xenaero posted:

The sheer amount of complaining with every single operation is staggering.
As opposed to the sheer amount of complaining about everything else?

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

symbolic posted:

As opposed to the sheer amount of complaining about everything else?

How violently people pick apart operation maps without even playing them is in a league of its own

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

There have only been maybe 3 good original operation maps though

E: agency and overgrown. Guess that's only 2. Insertion had a cool gimmick, wish it was used more than once.

mcvey fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Nov 2, 2016

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mcvey posted:

There have only been maybe 3 good original operation maps though

E: agency and overgrown. Guess that's only 2
Workout :colbert:

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I just hope they do more operations along the lines of the coop phoenix compound missions. Those were pretty fun and better than mowing down bots with P250s as they all try to shove through the same archway.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Next up there will be people suggesting Zoo, Castle and black gold and I'll just shake my fuckin head

vvvv smh

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I just hope they do more operations along the lines of the coop phoenix compound missions. Those were pretty fun and better than mowing down bots with P250s as they all try to shove through the same archway.
Those were really fun, even if the Heavy Phoenixes could be a pain in the rear end.

mcvey posted:

Next up there will be people suggesting Zoo, Castle and black gold and I'll just shake my fuckin head
I also really love Zoo. :unsmith:

Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

mcvey posted:

Sad.

Wait, you don't play anymore? The hell man.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Burgo posted:

Wait, you don't play anymore? The hell man.

After you totally ghosted I just couldn't continue on.

We're all still hanging at the regular spot though

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Xenaero posted:

Every time I think about getting back into actually playing CS instead of bullshitting around in lower MM games w/ folks, I remind myself that they legitimized jumpscouting

Jumpscouting is really, really, hard now though. :confused:

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

TSwift just loves to make an announcement for a goonman, when there's nobody in there. So I drop what I'm doing and join into an empty server. As funny as that is, I'd really like to kick his stupid rear end from the group so he can't do that anymore! :downs:

But yes, it is a struggle to get ten goons together recently. Often times people will see that a... certain type of player is on the server and not join, or privmsg to pull people away to MM.

you could just check the server browser instead of getting emotional lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Demostrs posted:

Isn't that what subio is right now? The containment server for those not in my shadow cabal?

Well I mean theres your server, and then there's my server, and then...