Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I'm glad other Ghost Rider was shown with the flaming skull, cause I can imagine Nick Cage - as Johnny Blaze - exists in the MCU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
Called other Ghost Rider passing it on to my friend moments before the show began. Now showering in admiration for how smart and cool I am.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ghost rider is scary!

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Oh poo poo, Agent Carter callback!

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
"Who names these things? Focus groups for evil things?"

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Holy poo poo connecting Agent Carter season 2 into this!

E: And :lol: Mack knows how evil Roxxon is

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

Isodyne was the company from Agent Carter...

:smug:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Back In The Day

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Oh I guess I was wrong about Eli.

This ghost plot is boring though.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

This has been a great episode so far, and it still isn't over!

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

"Like the angel." "No. The other one."

Hail Satan indeed.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I'm pretty sure this is the point in the season where we dispatch the beginner baddies and meet the real villain.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Oh my god :stare:

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Okay I was half-right about Eli. :colbert:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Fitz and Coulson get transported to another dimension. Again.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Soooooo we've got our big bad

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Well that's a cliffhanger :stare:

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Okay, I think I hate the US election even more than I have over the past few months of political commercials, just because of this cliffhanger.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
Stay tuned for more MARVEL.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

Fitz and Coulson get transported to another dimension. Again.

The portal spliced their atoms. There is no Fitz or Coulson. There is only Fitzon!

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I was already aggressively uninterested in Dr Strange, but now I actively dislike it just for depriving me of my SHIELD stinger.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

NOVEMBER 29????

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

Canned Panda posted:

NOVEMBER 29????

Elections, David Blaine for some reason, and the Dancing with the Stars finale.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

BrianWilly posted:

Oh I guess I was wrong about Eli.

This ghost plot is boring though.

Ghost lady was pretty dumb. Being a science ghost was sweet. Corporeal at will! But now she dead.

*Eli focuses hard to create carbon*
*SHIELD agent shoots him from offscreen*

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Spergatory posted:

I was already aggressively uninterested in Dr Strange, but now I actively dislike it just for depriving me of my SHIELD stinger.

It's apparently really very good.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Coulson and Fitz were sent to the past and need the help of first SHIELD director Peggy Carter to return from "Back in the day" to their own time.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

It's apparently really very good.

I'll die before I see it in a theater. This is one Marvel movie that will not be getting my money.

I mean, I'm probably still gonna watch it eventually. :filez:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I am so sick of Star Wars references

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
So who's Eli going to be? I'm pretty sure he's not going to be who he is in the comics, given that in the comics he's the Ghost in Robbie's Ghost Rider. Is he going to be some reinterpretation of a canonical villain or are they just going to go with "Evil Uncle Eli?"

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Spergatory posted:

I'll die before I see it in a theater. This is one Marvel movie that will not be getting my money.

I mean, I'm probably still gonna watch it eventually. :filez:

Quoting the goober talking about piracy before he gets a chance to edit his post.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

HotCanadianChick posted:

Quoting the goober talking about piracy before he gets a chance to edit his post.

People pirating movies or tv shows isn't exactly surprising or noteworthy enough to bother hiding. It's not like he gave any links or names, which is the only thing against the rules.

Wolpertinger fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Nov 2, 2016

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Spergatory posted:

So who's Eli going to be? I'm pretty sure he's not going to be who he is in the comics, given that in the comics he's the Ghost in Robbie's Ghost Rider. Is he going to be some reinterpretation of a canonical villain or are they just going to go with "Evil Uncle Eli?"

I'd imagine he's a new interpretation of Blackout. The powers of the Dark Force that's he's already displayed, plus his science background matchup pretty well. They've basically given the origin of the original to the Ghost Rider villain with that name.

X-O fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Nov 2, 2016

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Zebulon posted:

"Who names these things? Focus groups for evil things?"

Mack with the line of the night again.

But drat, seeing Blaze for that second was amazing. And yea, Blackout is the best guess for what Eli became.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Wasn't there already a guy called "Blackout" back in Season 1? He was the guy who went after Amy Acker's "Cellist" character.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

Mack with the line of the night again.

But drat, seeing Blaze for that second was amazing. And yea, Blackout is the best guess for what Eli became.

While Mack's line was drat good, the conversation regarding whether Robbie is telling the truth about who/what he is and if he can get out of the containment cell is pretty drat high up there for the entire show. Seriously, we need "He's making a pretty good argument for 'Hail Satan!'" as the thread title.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Bruceski posted:

I propose a different compelling narrative to counter your compelling narrative: one of the Darkhold scientists ordered the hit to put pressure on Eli. Good reason to beat someone into a coma, eh?

Boom shakalaka

E: hmm, after finishing the episode I think I'd call it boom shak at best.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Nov 2, 2016

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Stunt Rock posted:

Called other Ghost Rider passing it on to my friend moments before the show began. Now showering in admiration for how smart and cool I am.

They managed to surprise me with that. Well done show.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Wasn't there already a guy called "Blackout" back in Season 1? He was the guy who went after Amy Acker's "Cellist" character.

There have been two Blackouts in Marvel's history. The character you're talking about had the same real name name as the the original version from the comics but not really the same powers. His powers were based on the Darkforce but were different. There's also a Ghost Rider villain named Blackout that is a demon. Eli seems to have the powers of the original Blackout from the comic in that he can make matter and constructs out of Darkforce energy. Also it seems he may have the ability to manipulate or create portals to the Darkforce dimension based on the fact that Coulson and Fitz disappeared after getting zapped by the power during his transformation. Those were powers the original version had in the comics. So even though they used the name of the original in the comics and he was kind of related in a sense to the same thing this one seems to be basically taking his powerset. I doubt he'll be named Blackout but he's basically Blackout.

In the comics Robbie Reyes is not a regular Ghost Rider (He's not a Spirit of Vengeance like Blaze, Ketch, Badalino) like it seems he is in the show. He's just a guy that's possessed by a criminal ghost name Eli Morrow. So it's not like they're not already just picking and choosing names and powers and throwing them into a blender already.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

What could be worse than an evil magical science experiment sending you to Hell?
An evil magical science experiment sending you to Hell and thinking "not again".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
So is Nick Cage gonna be on SHIELD later?

• Locked thread