Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
Tom Felton might as well be playing Draco again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Were those drumsticks that HR just whipped out?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Spergatory posted:

Were those drumsticks that HR just whipped out?

Apparently so.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Stunt Rock posted:

I am okay with that

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Spergatory posted:

:10bux: says he beats it by running really fast in a circle.
Quoting for accuracy (though really anyone could win that bet.)

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Wait, so if HR is a fake, how did he solve the super riddle they sent through the multi verse?

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

Spergatory posted:

Wait, so if HR is a fake, how did he solve the super riddle they sent through the multi verse?

He got someone else to do it for him?

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
"I know things can be hard at your age, but trust me, it does get better... not for you though. You're going to prison, and they are going to eat you alive. Good luck!"

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

AbsolutelySane posted:

He got someone else to do it for him?

Yup.

Also the villian this week is a sperglord :goonsay:

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Spergatory posted:

"I know things can be hard at your age, but trust me, it does get better... not for you though. You're going to prison, and they are going to eat you alive. Good luck!"

They trade people like you as currency, kid.

Stunt Rock posted:

Seems like it, yep.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Lol he is literally Draco Malfoy

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Guy A. Person posted:

Lol he is literally Draco Malfoy

Nah, Draco's hosed up family actually liked him. :downs:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Goddamnit, I was hoping there'd be a new flash next week to distract me from the collapse of civilization :argh:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

They wouldn't have this problem if they went with cowboy Wells. :colbert: He probably would have tried to lasso that hologram monster too.

Woo for Caitlin plot advancement? Pretty poo poo episode overall.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Three seasons in, it's confirmed that Caitlyn has a family and a backstory

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Now I wonder who HR's partner is, since he solved the riddle for him. It will probably never be relevant or important, but my hope is for Earth-19 Thawne who went back in time but just became friends with Wells instead of stealing his face and all that.

Guy Goodbody posted:

In all fairness to the show, they did bring up that her dad died and she had a talk with Killer Frost about their awful moms.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Murder on the Titanic? Who cares, we're drowning!

HR is the next great performance by Tom Cavanagh

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Huh, I was sure that the end sting would be Frostmom burying the assistant while complaining he ruined their chance at exploiting Caitlin.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I actually thought this was a pretty ambitious episode, they tried to make it really character driven with issues of fear, trust and seeking redemption tying in several of the characters (Julian, Caitlin, HR, unnamed teenage hologram terrorist). I don't think it fully came together, but it was interesting seeing what they were going for. There were also some cool moments like Julian having military training and Iris leaping into action to help people on the bus. I also appreciate the "villain" being more than just the meta of the week, and there is a pretty good track record this year for Barry not murdering everyone in his path.

I think the season so far has been a great improvement over season 2. It's not as fresh and exciting with an immediately compelling villain like season 1, but they've fixed a ton of problems that last season (and to be honest the series itself) had and we still have a lot fun stuff ahead of us: Gorilla City, musical episode, official return of Snart, 4 series Invasion! crossover, among other things

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

not gonna lie, I didn't see goon as this week's villain. I agree with the above post though, this was very much a character driven episode and I think the writers nailed the landing. not something I expected after last year

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Caitlin's mom was such a bad actress. Those scenes were painful.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

At least it's not a lame back story!

Also I'm digging Draco more this episode, when he was telling his story I half expected him to describe leaving england and magic behind to embrace science.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

"Yeah I come from a rich family of assholes and I have a big problem with dark haired protagonists who seem beyond the rules and have a lightning bolt symbol somewhere on them" was so hilariously on the nose

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Cisco "How can this (monster) exist, all of ours metahumans have been... humans."

Paraphrased. But how easily did Cisco forget about King Shark and Gorilla Grodd?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ElCondemn posted:

At least it's not a lame back story!

Also I'm digging Draco more this episode, when he was telling his story I half expected him to describe leaving england and magic behind to embrace science.

They really need to bring on Jason Isaacs for a guest spot as Julian's father just so that him and Tom Felton can recreate that oppressive Lucius/Draco vibe. Though this makes me wonder where they're going with Julian now. If he is Dr. Alchemy then rant about Metas getting powers and squandering them has some interesting connotations, seeing as how all the people Alchemy has given powers to so far have kind of turned out to be fuckups who've wasted them...

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Guy A. Person posted:

"Yeah I come from a rich family of assholes and I have a big problem with dark haired protagonists who seem beyond the rules and have a lightning bolt symbol somewhere on them" was so hilariously on the nose

I donno if the writers did it by accident, but I definitely think Felton was going for alt-universe Draco during that speech.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Not going to lie when they started getting into HR just being an idea man and not having any use on the implementation side of things I half expected goonygoon to be offered a job at Star Labs to replace him.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
They're gonna be bros, this show is all about bros and I love it.

Is there seriously gonna be a musical episode? :suicide: I'll be taking a hard pass on that one.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

They're gonna be bros, this show is all about bros and I love it.

Is there seriously gonna be a musical episode? :suicide: I'll be taking a hard pass on that one.

On Supergirl, yes. Barry's just going to be involved in it because it's also crossover musical episode :eng101:

E: apparently it's going to be on both Flash and Supergirl.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Nov 2, 2016

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The talent's there, when it happens we'll see if they manage to use it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bruceski posted:

The talent's there, when it happens we'll see if they manage to use it.

Indeed. Melissa Benoist and Grant Gustin are both Glee survivors, Jesse Martin's a Broadway star (plus we saw Singing Joe last year), and Carlos Valdes is also a singer away from Flash. So yeah, the talent's all lined up. Hopefully if it's not good it'll at least be fun.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Spergatory posted:

Wally is my one sticking point with the show at this point. It's the actor. He's just so... wooden. This is how their scenes felt to me.

:j: *smooch*
:goleft: Please cease your physical display of affection.
:j: What, is something wrong?
:goleft: You live on another earth. Alas, our love cannot be.

It would be less noticeable if he wasn't in the same show as the likes of Jesse L. Martin and Tom Cavanagh. I'm pretty sure he's Australian, so maybe all of his concentration is going towards maintaining his accent or something, I don't know, but whatever it is, I hope he improves, because I want to like Wally, and right now it's... difficult.

He's the worst recurring actor playing the worst recurring character on the show.

Which is a shame because Wally West is the best Flash character ever.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
They asked for Woz Wells. They got Jobs Wells.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Nameless Pete posted:

They asked for Woz Wells. They got Jobs Wells.

That's exactly who I was thinking of too. HR is the hip, charismatic and attractive guy who stands on stage and unveils the product and rattles off talking points about it and gets people excited and appears on magazine covers. Harry is the guy who actually builds the drat thing and loving hates HR for being such a tool while showing off the thing he built.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I am just catching up with this, but why is this kid not in handcuffs, how did he build a giant monster, what the gently caress is with Joe giving him a speech.

I like HR.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

lotus circle posted:

Now I wonder who HR's partner is, since he solved the riddle for him. It will probably never be relevant or important, but my hope is for Earth-19 Thawne who went back in time but just became friends with Wells instead of stealing his face and all that.

It's probably Earth-19 black guy they tried to make Firestorm but made evil instead.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

pee out my butt posted:

It's probably Earth-19 black guy they tried to make Firestorm but made evil instead.

Yeah, that was definitely one of the lowlights of last season. They hosed up that dude's life so hard for no reason and then just sort of walked away whistling ignorantly when it was all over.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Hopefully Flashpoint retconned that. Have we even seen the Pipeline this season? Maybe it doesn't exist anymore?

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

BrianWilly posted:

Hopefully Flashpoint retconned that. Have we even seen the Pipeline this season? Maybe it doesn't exist anymore?

It doesn't. They've since explained that Iron Heights can now contain metas; that's where Mirror Master and the Top were.

It's also why Julian exists. There's actual legal apparatus for dealing with the problem now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

graham cracker posted:

Cisco "How can this (monster) exist, all of ours metahumans have been... humans."

Paraphrased. But how easily did Cisco forget about King Shark and Gorilla Grodd?

Pre-Flashpoint so not sure that happened or happened the same way.

• Locked thread