Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Defense attorneys are obliged to try any tactic they think might stick that isn't actually illegal.

Not legally or ethically obligated, although it could be argued from a moral perspective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

tsa posted:

Not really a shock these rumors happen given it's well know that Facebook and twitter actually do censor things based on politics.

Yeah, not allowing hate speech and targeted trolling or keeping fake news stories from trending is really tipping the political scales there.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

The KKK endorsement is new news. She should definitely be talking about it.

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN

Northjayhawk posted:

I would have thought Mormons are easy to poll. Though, maybe thats the problem. Maybe its hard not to oversample when they are always home and happy to talk to you.

Yeah, I think I must be mis-remembering Utah being difficult to poll.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

To play devils advocate here donating to get their office back up an running gave cover in case it really was a Bernout or democratic operative that did it. Sure you give your opponent a few hundred bucks to spend against you, but you take the high road and you help win over moderates that would be otherwise repulsed that your party implicitly supported bringing physical harm to the other side.

(I didn't donate, by the way)

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Koalas March posted:

I'm so loving pissed. Anyone who posted in the last thread admitting to donating money should get probated until the election. you literally helped to fun the disenfranchisement of black voters. And yall better not come up in here and start bitching about black turn out, you sanctimonious fucks

AND ON TOP OF IT, I got probated for telling those pricks to gently caress off because this is exactly what was going to happen.

gently caress all of you

The level headed moderation we need in this forum, apparently

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Feldegast42 posted:

To play devils advocate here donating to get their office back up an running gave cover in case it really was a Bernout or democratic operative that did it. Sure you give your opponent a few hundred bucks to spend against you, but you take the high road and you help win over moderates that would be otherwise repulsed that your party implicitly supported bringing physical harm to the other side.

Nah. gently caress em.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Maybe tsa's gimmick is that they're as terrible as the actual TSA.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Calm posted:

A prayer to recite for the Arzyers:

Dear God,
Give me the strength to recognize the things I cannot control,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference between the two.

Added bonus, Obama's favorite philosopher ( actually a theologian ) is the author.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Northjayhawk posted:

I would have thought Mormons are easy to poll. Though, maybe thats the problem. Maybe its hard not to oversample when they are always home and happy to talk to you.

I'm going to start wearing an earnest expression and going door to door in a suit to poll them.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

tsa posted:

Oh look at Internet tough guy here cry some more about being probated for being a complete rear end in a top hat!

This post was unwise

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/cspan/status/793851271199404032

:allears:

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Koalas March posted:

Basic human decency like financially aiding and abetting, racists, sexist anti lgbt lawmakers

I meant that they're in denial about that poo poo and believe that it's acceptable differences of opinion or some genteel fiction because they never looked outside the protective shell of their own privilege.

Believe me, I'm utterly loving livid at this flaming loving cesspit of a state and I'm trying to stay away from discussing my opinions of that biblefelcher McCrory so I don't give myself carpal tunnel typing ten pages on my phone.

tsa posted:

Oh look at Internet tough guy here cry some more about being probated for being a complete rear end in a top hat!

Oh loving no someone with skin in the game isn't coddling you about being right. Boo loving hoo.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Vengarr posted:

Not legally or ethically obligated, although it could be argued from a moral perspective.

According to my mom who is right about everything a lawyer could be killed if it can be proven they didn't provide the best possible case they could. You can argue with that but, again, my mom is right about everything.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/793852432216449024

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

theflyingorc posted:

The level headed moderation we need in this forum, apparently
Is she a mod?

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Just because I'm tired of people constantly invoking it to justify not voting - has the Electoral College ever voted against the will of the people? I realize byzantine districting laws determine how a state actually goes but still - have they ever broken the rules that govern how they vote?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Feldegast42 posted:

Let Art Pope pay for it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/793852432216449024

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Mendrian posted:

Just because I'm tired of people constantly invoking it to justify not voting - has the Electoral College ever voted against the will of the people? I realize byzantine districting laws determine how a state actually goes but still - have they ever broken the rules that govern how they vote?

Let me tell you a story about an election we had about 16 years ago...

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

According to my mom who is right about everything a lawyer could be killed if it can be proven they didn't provide the best possible case they could. You can argue with that but, again, my mom is right about everything.

MMIAL?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Feldegast42 posted:

To play devil's advocate, all of that liberal/Democratic good will did a lot of good when Richard Burr is "making jokes" about asking why there aren't paper targets with Hillary Clinton in cross hairs.

Oh wait, quelle fuckin surprise!

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

the angry black mod this forum deserves.. but not the one it needs right now.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

I think the point is that, if in the last month or so every single notable poster of color in D&D has been probated for "breaking decorum" in an argument about racial issues, perhaps our sense of what should be off-limit in terms of decorum is unfairly skewed towards white comfort.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
These posts are making me economically stressed.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

This means...?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Is there a bet or something?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Mendrian posted:

2000. Next question.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Mendrian posted:

Are you asking if faithless electors ever flipped an election? I don't think so.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Covok posted:

This means...?

It means that Trump probably isn't up 6 in NV.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Covok posted:

This means...?

There is not a chance in hell that Trump wins Vegas

edit: To win Nevada, The Republican candidate has to limit the damage in Clark County and hope the rest of the state carries him.

It is understood that the GOP candidate will lose in Vegas. Any poll showing the Republican winning Clark County is automatically horseshit.

Northjayhawk fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Nov 2, 2016

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

BrandorKP posted:

Added bonus, Obama's favorite philosopher ( actually a theologian ) is the author.

You'd likely enjoy this two-part conversation between Obama and Marilynne Robinson if you haven't read or listened to it yet - Part I, Part II.

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

Covok posted:

This means...?

Clark County = Las Vegas. Trump is not going to win Vegas. Dems are 40k ahead in early voting in Clark, about the same as they were at this stage in 2012.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Phone posted:

2000. Next question.

I.... don't think that's what happened? I'm willing to hear otherwise.

There was a close popular election in key states, notably Florida, and the courts ended a recount. The EC still obeyed what they believed to be the popular vote in those states at the time.

EDIT: TO clarify the quesiton, I understand our byzantine indirect voting structure leads to all-or-nothing states and that's a lovely problem but it's not like the EC just flips your state the finger and votes however it wants, which is the complaint most people make about it.

Mendrian fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Nov 2, 2016

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Covok posted:

This means...?

Trump is up by 1 point (46-45) in the most populous urban area in Nevada.

Not that likely.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

One time she got a call to be on Nancy Grace's show about some case she was prosecuting and she hung up on the lady mid-sentence because they wouldn't take no for an answer. She ain't give a poo poo.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

xthetenth posted:

Yep. Because there are some dems who insist on projecting basic human decency on their opponents.

you're obviously not from north carolina

the ncgop has no human decency

there's a reason they were completely ignored back when dems ran the place

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I think the point is that, if in the last month or so every single notable poster of color in D&D has been probated for "breaking decorum" in an argument about racial issues, perhaps our sense of what should be off-limit in terms of decorum is unfairly skewed towards white comfort.

Oh, that's a much better reading. I thought the point was people were earlier saying Koala should be a mod and this point was :rolleyes: just what we need, a mod who is gonna yell at us and say gently caress you all.

So that post made me pretty mad. But maybe you're right in which case that would be a good point.

Point is, Koala whoever (I'm real bad at names and I'm phone posting) is right. We all suck. gently caress disenfranchisement. And gently caress Trump and his fascists everyday amen.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Koalas March posted:

the angry black mod this forum deserves
I think there would have to be a runoff election between you and TB, unless you're on the same ticket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Koala/Brontosaurus 2016: "Wait, is it racist that they're both animals? Can I ask that? Is asking that racist? No no no no no what did I do? What do I do?"

Maybe work on the slogan.

• Locked thread