Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Waltzing Along posted:

4 & 32 gigs of RAM, huh?

loving LOL. Guess it will be Nintendo all the way down again. No multi-plats.

32 GB of RAM will be plenty to install at least one multiplat game, actually, according to GAF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
You know those reports about Nintendo halting production of the Wii U this friday? Well, Nintendo has commented and said nuh-uh, we're still producing those. Just not at the same level as before. Who to believe?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Who has the highest ranking uncle at Nintendo?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rexroom posted:

You know those reports about Nintendo halting production of the Wii U this friday? Well, Nintendo has commented and said nuh-uh, we're still producing those. Just not at the same level as before. Who to believe?

theres probably a lot of room to split hairs about what exactly in production means for all sides to be correct.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Rexroom posted:

Hmm... Should I trust the people who updated Animal Crossing New Leaf today, or the people who post about Overwatch in this thread?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Cojawfee posted:

Who has the highest ranking uncle at Nintendo?

Miyamoto's nephew is SO lucky

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Mercury Crusader posted:

32 GB of RAM will be plenty to install at least one multiplat game, actually, according to GAF

you won't need to install anything assuming the cartridges aren't poo poo

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The cartridges will have a tiny disc in them, like some sort of mini umd and they will be expensive.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
What about 10 gig DLC patches? Face it, the Switch is underpowered and won't have multi-plats developed for it. It's going to be a fancy 3ds with the same 3ds developers within a year.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I heard the cartridges only contain a Steam installer and you need to download the game.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

What about 10 gig DLC patches? Face it, the Switch is underpowered and won't have multi-plats developed for it. It's going to be a fancy 3ds with the same 3ds developers within a year.

hmmm you seem like a reasonable man. actually,

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

More Phoenix Wright is fine with me.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Mercury Crusader posted:

I heard the cartridges only contain a Steam installer and you need to download the game.

It will then download the game onto the cartridge.

Or you can go to one of many (about 210) NintenGo stations situated in busy McDonald's restaurants to update the game on the card.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Barudak posted:

More Phoenix Wright is fine with me.

Phoenix Wright on my big TV... :allears:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Same. I already have the other consoles so it's not a big deal. I just like the idea of more devs working on Nintendo games. The more systems that sell, the more games are made. The more sales happen. The cheaper the games become.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Why would anybody own both a PS4 and a XB1

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Decus posted:

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Decus posted:

To take advantage of all the timed exclusives for multiplat games, of course

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Instant Sunrise posted:

I'm considering getting an Xbone in a couple weeks because I want Xbone controllers for local co-op games on my HTPC, and a pair of Xbone controllers plus an Xbone with 2 games is $250 on Thanksgiving week. Also I've got 360 games that are backwards compatible and it looks like Xbone / PC cross buy is a thing now.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

drat you really showed nintendo, thanks for smacking the koolaid out of my hand, im going to go buy an xbox one this instant

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Seriously, does this gen have any really amazing non-Wii U games that aren't remakes?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Chieves posted:

Seriously, does this gen have any really amazing non-Wii U games that aren't remakes?

Some of them aren't remakes.

Some are sequels with the exact same engine and probably assets as last year's game.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

perhaps i can interest you in persona 4 golden

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Chieves posted:

Yes, as it turns out good video games are still getting

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Chieves posted:

I heard that Persona 5 is quite spiffy. Overwatch is apparently a popular and fun thing.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Chieves posted:

Undertale, Overwatch, Doom 2016, Bloodborne, Persona 5, loads of 3DS games, Owlboy's supposedly good

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I heard that Persona 5 is quite spiffy. Overwatch is apparently a popular and fun thing.

stretches the definition of "this gen" since they ported the ps3 version to ps4, and also isn't out yet in english :v:

but oh god im so excited is it february yet

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Phantasium posted:

It will then download the game onto the cartridge.

Or you can go to one of many (about 210) NintenGo stations situated in busy McDonald's restaurants to update the game on the card.

Just like the famicom disk writer. Brilliant.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Chieves posted:

hahahahaha

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I hope the switch has a spotify app cuz if I could play smash online while listening to my music I'd probably die from forgetting to get up from smash

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Not that smash doesn't have a great soundtrack mind you

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Laura Dale is at it again. She just tweeted that March 17 is the European launch date. US and Japan are the same week but on earlier dates.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

oddium posted:

hahahahaha

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lodin posted:

Laura Dale is at it again. She just tweeted that March 17 is the European launch date. US and Japan are the same week but on earlier dates.

Ides of march in NA?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

deadly_pudding posted:

Hanzo and Genji are definitely Marth and Roy, respectively. Link is Junkrat so he can do couples cosplay with Ganon Road Hog.

No you fool, Waluigi is Junkrat.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Should have been Mar10

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Lodin posted:

Laura Dale is at it again.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Lodin posted:

Dale is at it again, I tell you what.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Decus posted:

Its me.
I'm this person.
Quite literally to have Rare Replay and a few other games on the bone and everything else on PS4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Nice.

• Locked thread